Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Does she at least let you watch?
    i see what you did there.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And again we have no idea if it would be just "vanity only".

I'd rather not them take the risk personally. The game is doing fine on a sub based model and is still getting regular content updates.
    I guess, I am just happy my game time is up in 2 days and I will be back when classic comes out. Hopefully a ton of people do the same.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    why don't they just add loot boxes. it would help them get lots of money from whales while the average user would not be impacted. just put new mounts, pets, etc in these lootboxes then they'd make millions. blizzard could make good expansions with this money!
    They had loot boxes before when they sold card packs they stopped making them when hearth stone started to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I guess, I am just happy my game time is up in 2 days and I will be back when classic comes out. Hopefully a ton of people do the same.
    Bit unfair to hope people stop playing a game just because you don't like it.

If you were referring to Classic though imo it'll be an initial rush, settle down but won't be as popular/more players than retail. However it'll still be a healthy population.

Bit unfair to hope people stop playing a game just because you don't like it.

If you were referring to Classic though imo it'll be an initial rush, settle down but won't be as popular/more players than retail. However it'll still be a healthy population.
    No, I just don't find value in retail anymore especially when they made it sound way better than it actually ended up being. It is still in beta from what I can tell and I was in the Alpha.

Deleted
    Sorry not enough Valhalla!

Likewise hate the store. Honestly I was worried they'd make the alpacas a store mount so I was mostly like "phew, it's just some fox thing."

Deleted
    having to pay a monthly fee to access an mmo in 2018 and having a store on top of it is an atrocious scale of greed

Deleted
    If you think store mounts are a good idea, or think it's pretty in the warcraft setting, I suggest you to check out Final Fantasy.

Store mounts have been that way since the first one aka Celestial Steed. It uses the skeleton for Invincible.

It's to avoid the problem of making a unique model that is store only because it would cause more backlash than the store already does.

A lot of games with store mounts do it for 2 reasons. One of them to save time and the other being to avoid any unique model backlash.

Even FF14 does it for the most part. Even Cloud's bike uses the Falcon model/structure.
    I already knew all this, no need for a history lesson.

I just find it stupid and unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I already knew all this, no need for a history lesson.

I just find it stupid and unoriginal.
    And how do you think people would react if unique models were gated behind real money?

Somehow I don't imagine they'd be too happy. That's not me speaking for them that's speculation admittedly.

But the reception on microtransactions in games like this is already mixed so putting unique models behind that practice would more than likely fuel the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    i literaly cant wait for the extre levels of whining once you classic crowd 2 months into classic being out will realise that you dont have enough people to even form raid teams because how boring and slow leveling will be and most people will give up after level 30

will have popcorn ready end enjoy the shitshow in forums ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by your mother View Post
    having to pay a monthly fee to access an mmo in 2018 and having a store on top of it is an atrocious scale of greed
    caring about 10 euro a month in 2018 is also kinda lolish .

im on theother hand of spectrum - i wish they would release store mounts way more often . and wish they didnt limit themselves only to mounts but also start putting there gear sets and weapons transmogs too,

This is the first mount for me that feels like the art style is drifting from WoW's usual designs. I realize they are always adding and changing things and tweaking the "style" of the art but this seems different somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i literaly cant wait for the extre levels of whining once you classic crowd 2 months into classic being out will realise that you dont have enough people to even form raid teams because how boring and slow leveling will be and most people will give up after level 30

will have popcorn ready end enjoy the shitshow in forums ^^
    It will take most people months to get max level anyways, I like live it is just BfA just sucks compared to Legion and they only broke the systems they should have built upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I'm thankful that these Store Mounts as of late look so awful.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool , but i'm never paying for a microtransactions in a sub based game , unless it's for charity.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

So what is their lore back story anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Kinda sad how the store keeps getting the best mounts, and the subscription just keeps getting reskins.
    The Magic Rooster Egg isn't a store mount and its one mount I ride all the time while on the ground....and I think its coolest mount in game.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    So what is their lore back story anyways?
    Blizzard can barely write decent lore for the characters currently involved in the story. Fat chance they'll write lore for in-store micro transactions. The answer would likely be "a fox drank azerite and grew wings. Now shaddup and gimme money."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gfdi. I'm buying it.