Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    That infrastructure were only there to facilitate in the transportation of the natural resources that you had stolen from weaker nations.
    Survival of the fittest just like the rest of the animal kingdom.

Makes me sad when low quality bait catches so many fish.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Who cares its history.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Going into debt in order to end northatlantic slave trade wasn't enough?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    To be fair, if it were not for colonization, people would still be getting sacrificed to the sun and getting corn cobs shoved up their ass.
    Really? You mean how any education, profit or benefit in any form was kept away from indigenous peoples that were only used for manual labour, as the colonials robbed them blind and murder them at will? Fuck off.

Quiet Swedish Weeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Britain created the US.
    Yeah because they totally didn't go to war with you to prevent the US from ever happening.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2018-12-13 at 04:18 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish i had a british accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Really? You mean how any education, profit or benefit in any form was kept away from indigenous peoples that were only used for manual labour, as the colonials robbed them blind and murder them at will? Fuck off.
    Natives weren't used as slaves, they refused to be slaves and were killed. It's why the British had to sail across the sea to enslave Africans, Natives weren't reliable manual labor. I also like how you didn't refute the fact colonization didn't directly lead to you being able to mouth off on your keyboard or on your snazzy smart phone. And the personal attack really strengthens your argument.

Stay classy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I wish i had a british accent.
    Just stick a whole hot potato in your mouth when you talk.

Natives weren't used as slaves, they refused to be slaves and were killed. It's why the British had to sail across the sea to enslave Africans, Natives weren't reliable manual labor. I also like how you didn't refute the fact colonization didn't directly lead to you being able to mouth off on your keyboard or on your snazzy smart phone. And the personal attack really strengthens your argument.

Stay classy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah killing and enslaving people is how we got the civilization that we have today.

No, that would be how you speak danish.

Yeah killing and enslaving people is how we got the civilization that we have today.

No, that would be how you speak danish.
    Uh... sadly, yes, it is how we got the civilization of today, at least or especially in the states. It's a sad truth. How much cotton do you think was picked by cotton farmers to line the pockets of farmers before the cotton gin was invented? Slavery was a huge contributor to the economy during its time, hell, it was the backbone of the economy in most southern states. What do you think there was a civil war? It was about money foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean thats an objective load of shite, the English have murdered and pillaged their way through history since day 1, the only difference is they were insidiously clever about it.

You cant even count on both hands the amount of genocides or atrocities they committed, and unfortunately we were complicit, both in supporting it and suffering under it.
    Bollocks, after the initial Anglo-Saxon invasions of Britain and the coalescence of the idea of the "English" they were mostly getting screwed over by Danes (and other Nords) then the Normans. It took a good few centuries for the "English" to absorb these invaders, settle beef with the French and Spaniards before we got the momentum up to go atocitising in a major way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    People that the english murdered and enslaved:

1. The Welsh

2. The Scotts

3. The Irish

4. Everyone else

Countries invaded by the english: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...uxembourg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Britain created the US.
    We stole a lot of it from the French and Dutch.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that was Norwegians?

Edit - my bad it's Danish.

- - - Updated - - -

1. The Welsh

2. The Scotts

3. The Irish

4. Everyone else

Countries invaded by the english: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...uxembourg.html
    Welsh were invaded by Normans whilst they were oppressing the English so that's a no-go.

Scotland it's a bit more complicated to do with England's ongoing wars with France and multiple internal conflicts to do with the European reformation and breaking from the political control of the Catholic church. Notably at the time Scotland entered political union with England they were both ruled by a Scottish king.

Deleted
    Slavery existed before the Empire and it has continued to exist in one form or another since the Empire ended, but the British Empire was the only empire in history that attempted to end slavery and even fought wars over ending it.

I'd say that more than makes up for the "atrocities" committed, but ofcourse people are free to disagree.

Deleted
    No. I haven't committed any atrocities nethier have my peasent ancestors.

Nearly Every nation and ethnic group have done questionable things and good things.

That infrastructure were only there to facilitate in the transportation of the natural resources that you had stolen from weaker nations.
    If they where not so weak then we would not have been able to take them. Its not our fault the Renaissance passed you by.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

Deleted

1. The Welsh

2. The Scotts

3. The Irish

4. Everyone else

News in proximal medieval kingdoms invade eachother

5+ Year Old Account
    Little Lad Graham from Shropshire and the Evil Colonials
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

When will you english make amends for all the atrocities that you have commited since you began to call yourselves english?
    Can I ask the same thing of off the Swedes?
    Thirty Years War ring a bell?