Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Do yourself a favor and never watch Cinema Sins for anything other than seeing how little Cinema Sins knows about...well...anything.
    ^

CinemaSins used to be interesting, as his very first EWW Avengers video was fun and mainly pointed out trivia, but then he transformed into a mean spirited guy who has to ruin everything he touches, so I stopped watching.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do yourself a favor and never watch Cinema Sins for anything other than seeing how little Cinema Sins knows about...well...anything.
    Ye, no. I will watch them. Sorry (not sorry). So, when they pointed out that it was dumb that fully gemmed gauntlet couldn't blast away Thor axe, they were wrong?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, no. I will watch them. Sorry (not sorry). So, when they pointed out that it was dumb that fully gemmed gauntlet couldn't blast away Thor axe, they were wrong?
    Magical axe does magical things, news at 11!

Seriously though...they spent, what, 30 minutes of screen time focused on getting Thor a new weapon and you expect the payoff to be: Thanos just brushes it aside like he does everything else in the movie? The writers responsible for adapting Lord of the Rings knew full well that you shouldn't just do crap like that, which was one of the reasons they didn't include Tom Bombadil in the story (because he completely negated the power of the One Ring).
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-12-11 at 07:35 PM.

Then you are just looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone.
    It is that simple i'm afraid mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Then you are just looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone.
    It is that simple i'm afraid mate.
    Ye ok "mate". I pointed out power inconsistency (which many pointed out before), and suddenly I'm "looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone". Internet at it's finest, forgot that if you criticize one or two things in a movie, you are suddenly a hater. And people wonder why some don't want to talk about Black Panther.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-11 at 07:57 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ye ok "mate". I pointed out power inconsistency (which many pointed out before), and suddenly I'm "looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone". Internet at it's finest.
    Power inconsistency you mean kinda like in the comic books?
    Power changes to drive the narrative it always has it always will regardless if its in the comics or in the movie.
    I know shocking but it is what it is.

lol this thread.

So who saves Tony. Pepper Potts, himself or....Cap....Marvel?

Personally I would like to see it be himself and Ironman1 his way out.

But I feel its more likely gonna be a Thor crashing into guardians type deal. And who better than Tony to introduce Marvel to the gang when they arrive back on earth....especially now that fury is dust
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-12-11 at 07:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Power inconsistency you mean kinda like in the comic books?
    Power changes to drive the narrative it always has it always will regardless if its in the comics or in the movie.
    I know shocking but it is what it is.
    And this is me "looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone"? Pointing out ONE thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, watching Cinema Sins made me realize how inconsistent Stones power is. :v
    Yeah, I gave up listening to them when they said that Thanos beat Hulk thanks to the power stone. He never even USED the stone against Hulk. When a stone is used, it GLOWS, which is established in the film... What Cinema Sins does nowdays is take things out of context and call it a sin.

And this is me "looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone"? Pointing out ONE thing?
    You said you watched Cinema Sins. "Looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone" is what they do. And they don't even do it well... Giving sins to shit that's either explained after the scenes they're mocking (you know...if you keep watching the movie like a normal person), or in the scenes themselves. They're a joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    You said you watched Cinema Sins. "Looking for excuses to dislike everything and everyone" is what they do. And they don't even do it well... Giving sins to shit that's either explained after the scenes they're mocking (you know...if you keep watching the movie like a normal person), or in the scenes themselves. They're a joke.
    Sooo, because I watched them, I'm looking to hate on the movie? I'm being shamed for that? Are you people serious right now?

Nice teaser trailer--it does it job. Sets the mood and tone, recaps everything, reveals two minor spoilers that people have already been talking about, sets up some interesting questions. All in two minutes and didn't reveal much of anything. Masterfully put together.

Random thoughts:

- I'd love for Korg and Valkyrie to be the ones that rescue Tony.
    - Nebula went to go find Gamora's body at some point (Nebula was touching the coffin-box thing--all the other Guardians' bodies turned to dust, other than Rocket of course)
    - Nebula will play a small but key role in the movie, much like in the comics
    - If Adam Warlock makes an appearance (which I doubt), I will lose my shit. Like, all over the place.

Sooo, because I watched them, I'm looking to hate on the movie? I'm being shamed for that? Are you people serious right now?
    Hell no, you shouldn't be.

I do submit this for consideration for folks that enjoy Cinema Sins though:

Last edited by tyrlaan; 2018-12-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Now the right video!!

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I've only seen two pitch meetings to date (The Last Jedi, and now this) and I gotta say I love this guy's humor

Edit: And now I feel bad about that after watching the big picture video, curses!
    Last edited by HighHoltage; 2018-12-12 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been watching a lot of speculation videos lately, and boy is this fun!

The latest I saw was regarding if this will be a good time to bring in the X-Men or not.

If we may be working with the quantum realm, and possibly the multiverse, this might be a good time to introduce 'mutants'. Currently, the entire Avengers team, is all enhanced humans, or just plain old humans. None of them were born with their powers unless they are aliens or gods. The X-Men would change that drastically, which is why I feel working with the Quantum Realm and the Multiverse could be a great way to make a huge change to allow mutants to enter the MCU.

For reference, Ant Man, and Captain Marvel both have ties to the Quantum Realm, and the stones existing brings in the Multiverse.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Think it is a possibility? Or too soon?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree with Pebrocks The Warlock. It's really boring and it was enough in Black Panther and Avenger 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

The latest I saw was regarding if this will be a good time to bring in the X-Men or not.

If we may be working with the quantum realm, and possibly the multiverse, this might be a good time to introduce 'mutants'. Currently, the entire Avengers team, is all enhanced humans, or just plain old humans. None of them were born with their powers unless they are aliens or gods. The X-Men would change that drastically, which is why I feel working with the Quantum Realm and the Multiverse could be a great way to make a huge change to allow mutants to enter the MCU.

For reference, Ant Man, and Captain Marvel both have ties to the Quantum Realm, and the stones existing brings in the Multiverse.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Think it is a possibility? Or too soon?
    I'm all for it, but from a meta perspective it's probably too soon, even for just a post credits teaser scene. Just thinking about the timing of the Fox deal compared to the timing of production of AV4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I'm all for it, but from a meta perspective it's probably too soon, even for just a post credits teaser scene. Just thinking about the timing of the Fox deal compared to the timing of production of AV4.
    I think a end credits teaser would be perfect actually! At least that doesn't set it up to be an immediate implementation. They can take their time, but put in a hint such as a DNA image changing, or something to the effect.

But I do see how it can be too soon. I wouldn't mind if they eased off the trigger to cease the rapid fire for a moment.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

I think that to bridge the current MCU into the post-Avengers 4 one, which has the X-Men in it (which will be the big money maker one day), involves an in-universe retcon of sorts.

The big problem with introducing mutants at this stage is we logically would have seen them by now if they already existed in the MCU.

I think the fix is to make it so however Stark and Capt undo the finger-snap, be it going into the past or just getting the gauntlet for themselves and simply undoing it... the process is imperfect as a mortal will be the one who did it. Reality is rebooted. It brings everyone back, but some things are different. Some people have an X-Gene, a literal accident of creation. History may have been retconned so that it's always been there in the post-Snap MCU (but not in the pre-Snap). Not everyone is a mutant or has an X-gene... maybe 1 in 10,000.... but now mutants exist as the legacy of the Infinity War.

I think that's the most elegant way to introduce such an important concept rather than "oh by the way they've always been here but hiding".

Secondly, after credit's scene... I'd like them to adapt one of my favorite seens from the last 10 years of Avengers. Stark "Uncreates" the Infinity Stones using the Gauntlet. As far as everyone believes, they're destroyed. But really, they're not. The end-credit's scene would be Stark, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther standing in a room, secretly dividing three among themselves and deciding who to bring into the fold to give the other gems (of course, Black Bolt would be here if the Inhumans show wasn't trash).

The Illuminati are born.