Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It literally was created by the far left and embraced by it.
    You might have a point. Just don't run too far with it.

Some politicians have stopped short of demanding the complete elimination of the agency. Senator Bernie Sanders, who had been reluctant to comment on the growing movement, released a vague statement on the issue on July 3: “Now, it is time to do what Americans overwhelmingly want: abolish the cruel, dysfunctional immigration system we have today and pass comprehensive immigration reform,” the statement said. “That will mean restructuring the agencies that enforce our immigration laws, including ice.” Senator Kamala Harris of California, in a recent interview on MSNBC, said it would be necessary to “reexamine” the agency and perhaps consider “starting from scratch.” A spokesman for Harris told me that the senator hopes ice funds can be directed more appropriately, and agents can be retrained “against targeting vulnerable populations such as victims of sexual assault or domestic violence, crime witnesses, pregnant women, and children.”
    Feel free to point out the people who say "abolish ICE and don't replace it" as far-left and/or fools. Just don't lump anyone in who doesn't belong there, and we won't have a problem.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, wait, I forgot something.

*LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

We have a Strawman on the field! Defense loses ten yards for fielding an exaggerated form of the argument that was easier to attack, rather than the actual argument. There is a second foul on the field, Off Topic. The Border Wall does not address every sad person on the planet. The yards will be added to the end of the play. First down.
    If “no human is illegal!,” as the protest chant goes, the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all. But what implications will unlimited migration have for projects like universal public health care and education, or a federal jobs guarantee? And how will progressives convincingly explain these goals to the public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    All that retard (trump) would have to do is tax wire transfers to latin America boom he has wall and border security cash.
    Didn't Trump literally say he would do that during the election? What happened to that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all.
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Third Strawman on the field. "No sovereign nations at all" is ridiculous. Result of the play is a touchdown.

Reported for trolling. The same logical fallacy that nobody is arguing three times in two pages? That's textbook.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Instead of asking this fake question, the real question you should ask yourself is when did the Right decide they hate immigrants so much? After all it's a recent development.
    Much like how the United States really has no Left, it really has no Conservative political party either. We have two Neo-Liberal parties with varying levels of interest in foreign wars, rainbow flags and #Diversity. Or Neo-Conservative, either or as the two really are a singular contigious world view.

- - - Updated - - -

*LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Third Strawman on the field. "No sovereign nations at all" is ridiculous. Result of the play is a touchdown.

Reported for trolling. The same logical fallacy that nobody is arguing three times in two pages? That's textbook.
    See, I get you don't like engaging in any dialog that is difficult, I get it, its hard to do that. Especially when talking to the official Demon Witch of MMO-OC OT. XD
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Given the fact that Trump is the only presidential candidate, now president, to openly talk about their penis during a presidential primary debate...

This absolutely checks out.

10+ Year Old Account
    She bought her citizenship with money. Unless we intend to refund the costs, probably not going to happen.

But in seriousness, when did the American and European Left become so Open-Borders oriented? Wasn't that a Koch Brothers idea to suppress the power of labor movements? If “no human is illegal!,” as the protest chant goes, the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all. But what implications will unlimited migration have for projects like universal public health care and education, or a federal jobs guarantee? And how will progressives convincingly explain these goals to the public?
    It's a complete myth that liberals want "open borders" or "no borders."

What we want is immigration reform where people don't sit in wait for 10 years or spend tens of thousands of dollars to get in. What we want is a system that securely vets the people coming in.

And a wall does nothing to fix any of that.

Our disgust of the wall, of the behavior of ICE agents, of child separation policies, do not make us desire open borders!

There is no "border wall or open borders" dichotomy going on here.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's a complete myth that liberals want "open borders" or "no borders."

What we want is immigration reform where people don't sit in wait for 10 years or spend tens of thousands of dollars to get in. What we want is a system that securely vets the people coming in.

And a wall does nothing to fix any of that.

Our disgust of the wall, of the behavior of ICE agents, of child separation policies, do not make us desire open borders!

There is no "border wall or open borders" dichotomy going on here.
    No, it isn't. It is a fair extrapolation from the rhetoric Liberals employ. And considering Liberalism is a pro-Market force, open borders and free movement of people is going to be part of that project.

You can't chant "No human is illegal" and not follow the logic of that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Which is why the only options left are
    A) @CostinR who intelligently, correctly, pointed out that there are some people on the outside extreme calling for it, but did not resort to lying or hyperbole.
    B) @Theocrat who suggested that Democrats want no sovereign countries.

One of these is a valid argument. The other is handing points to the opposition. Damn, is he still doing it? Now I have to report him again.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    What's a practical way of handling illegal immigration?
    Easy, stop going after the illegals in the fashion we are going in. They are a symptom, go after the problem.

Go after the employer hiring them and creating the demand for them here as they are abused to lower wages and break unions to weaken the workers of this nation.

Start fining the managers, executives, CEOs and such who knowingly hire them or try and ensure that they can't know about it. And hold them personally accountable for it. Personally give them prison time for breaking the laws, take the money directly from them and out of shareholder dividends so the company itself doesn't take the loss as an excuse to raise prices to recoup and those responsible for it are the ones on the hook. And include this to farmers as well.

Once the demand for their labor dies down here and they can't find work, their reason for coming here dies as well.

The problem is, Republicans and Trump don't want to get rid of illegals, they want to abuse and vilify them to make it easier to abuse them. They WANT them here to break the working class and to give them a scapegoat to blame when the consequences of their decisions are felt by those workers.

And Trump lacks the balls or the desire to fix that either as he personally exploits them as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Making dick jokes about Trump makes everyone take you super serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Someone needs to photoshop her walking away from a massive explosion
    SOMEONE DID! SOMEONE DID!

HYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Much like how the United States really has no Left, it really has no Conservative political party either. We have two Neo-Liberal parties with varying levels of interest in foreign wars, rainbow flags and #Diversity. Or Neo-Conservative, either or as the two really are a singular contigious world view.
    Impressive. This is simultaneously a non-response to my question and a statement that invalidates your original claim that I contested.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Making dick jokes about Trump makes everyone take you super serious.
    How does changing the name of a fellow member of the government to Adam Schitt make everyone take you?

10+ Year Old Account
    How does changing the name of a fellow member of the government to Adam Schitt make everyone take you?
    We should totally bring the person who brought us Lyin' Ted Cruz, Little Rocket Man, Crooked Hillary, Weak Cohen, and so on to tell us about immaturity in government.

There's literally a Wikipedia page on it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She bought her citizenship with money. Unless we intend to refund the costs, probably not going to happen.

But in seriousness, when did the American and European Left become so Open-Borders oriented? Wasn't that a Koch Brothers idea to suppress the power of labor movements? If “no human is illegal!,” as the protest chant goes, the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all. But what implications will unlimited migration have for projects like universal public health care and education, or a federal jobs guarantee? And how will progressives convincingly explain these goals to the public?
    I like how you think that not wanting to waste money on a ineffective wall means we want open borders. Must be nice to be so ignorant.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Just as serious, apparently the democrats don't want to be the better party. Seems to be working out well for them...

Just as serious, apparently the democrats don't want to be the better party. Seems to be working out well for them...
    They don't have to aspire to be the better party when they already have that "title" by a significant margin. I mean, the Republicans repeatedly demonstrate how much shittier the are right now.

When you are wallowing in the muck, double standards tend to stand out.
    Last edited by tyrlaan; 2018-12-13 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as serious, apparently the democrats don't want to be the better party.
    Uh oh, looks like someone's got a case of "it's not fair when the other side does it too"! Hey, remember that time someone ran a campaign based on derogatory nicknames and telling it like it is? And y'all elected him? Cows've come home. Remember, got to overcook that beef, or else you hate Trump!

Continued complaints can be handled by the new federal Fuck Your Feelings office, installed by Trump, voted on by you. You can find them where the sun doesn't shine.

Uh oh, looks like someone's got a case of "it's not fair when the other side does it too"! Hey, remember that time someone ran a campaign based on derogatory nicknames and telling it like it is? And y'all elected him? Cows've come home. Remember, got to overcook that beef, or else you hate Trump!

Continued complaints can be handled by the new federal Fuck Your Feelings office, installed by Trump, voted on by you. You can find them where the sun doesn't shine.
    This is a weird post considering it's replying to me saying both acts make people not take you seriously. It's almost like a programmed response of some kind.

They don't have to aspire to be the better party when the Republicans repeatedly demonstrate how much shittier the are right now.

When you are wallowing in the muck, double standards tend to stand out.
    They're just as childish, corrupt, hateful, and stupid as any Republican. This thread showcases that.

They're just as childish, corrupt, hateful, and stupid as any Republican. This thread showcases that.
    Please bust out the scales and pile up all the evidence you have to draw the conclusion you have shared with us that "both sides are just as bad".

Please share. Hint: you'll need more than "this thread showcases that"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a weird post considering it's replying to me saying both acts make people not take you seriously.
    And that's me slapping your argument down like a leg-humping dog because one side ran on that platform in 2016 and won, and now seems kinda salty about the same tactic. The time to say "let's both sides play nice" is not when the other side starts hitting you back harder. Because that makes you look like a wussy cowering child.