Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Incursions - are these a thing?

Are Incursions live?

Like everyone else I see these as a way for alts to get some quick XP... except I've never seen one. Maybe you have to totally finish the War Campaign first?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Are Incursions live?

Like everyone else I see these as a way for alts to get some quick XP... except I've never seen one. Maybe you have to totally finish the War Campaign first?
    They're on a timer. A timer made for people to never do them because why let players play your fucking content, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering the same thing. Figured it might just be because the timings are weird but I should have seen one or even the tail end of one by now.

They are but only if you have no life because if you work, those work hrs are weird or you go to school. Then you can expect to miss 95% of them..

I called it a shit system in Legion and I will happily call it a shit system in BFA..

This is why they need to take a note from GW2 with live events that constantly repeat every 30 minutes to an hour, some are less frequent like world bosses but even they are up like every 6 hours.

They've also been renamed to "Assaults"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Are Incursions live?

http://www.wowfactionassault.com

you get a 370 azerite piece at the end of them. so 12 essesnces a day if you can catch one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

you get a 370 azerite piece at the end of them. so 12 essesnces a day if you can catch one.
    It's a random 370 piece, not specifically guaranteed to be azerite

I had one up in Voldun last night, seemed buggy as hell though, my rogue was getting any combo points until AFTER the current target was dead, wasn't stealthing right, had problems coming out of stealth, stealth talents not dropping out but not available because they "require stealth", etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I had one up in Voldun last night, seemed buggy as hell though, my rogue was getting any combo points until AFTER the current target was dead, wasn't stealthing right, had problems coming out of stealth, stealth talents not dropping out but not available because they "require stealth", etc.
    That's jut server lag.. Lots, and lots of server lag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Just a heads-up as well, but the xp is utterly awful for leveling. The whole thing is worth 20-25% of a level. Just another good Legion idea that they ruined in BfA.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Holy shit that's hilarious

It scales with ilvl, I got a 325 on my brand new main and my wife got a 350 on hers

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads-up as well, but the xp is utterly awful for leveling. The whole thing is worth 20-25% of a level. Just another good Legion idea that they ruined in BfA.

Less quests, quicker, i mean, it's not really hard to see why it gives less. It's still better then the time spent if you were straight up questing. Only takes like 15 min to get 1/4-1/3 of a level

So presumably these show up on the map when active?

Thx for the link btw, very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    They are but only if you have no life because if you work, those work hrs are weird or you go to school. Then you can expect to miss 95% of them..

I called it a shit system in Legion and I will happily call it a shit system in BFA..
    2 things:
    1) They're on a timer exactly for people who work or have school. So instead of always being at 9am and being missed by you and I, then will be at 9am on Monday, 12 on Tuesday, 3pm Wednesday, 6pm Thursday and so on (or something similar). This means that all people of all schedules have access. Why are they time limited? For story reasons I imagine - you don't invade continuously, you go in bouts.
    2) It was a great system in Legion and will be good again. It provided an awesome catchup mechanism for exp and gear for alts. Anyone who was already 120 and somewhat geared got some fun out of it a few times but wasn't impacted otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    They're up for 7 hours, down for 12. I.E. this morning's was 1am-8am EST. Next one will be tonight 8pm-3am EST. The one after will be 3pm-11pm EST. etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    2 things:
    1) They're on a timer exactly for people who work or have school. So instead of always being at 9am and being missed by you and I, then will be at 9am on Monday, 12 on Tuesday, 3pm Wednesday, 6pm Thursday and so on (or something similar). This means that all people of all schedules have access. Why are they time limited? For story reasons I imagine - you don't invade continuously, you go in bouts.
    2) It was a great system in Legion and will be good again. It provided an awesome catchup mechanism for exp and gear for alts. Anyone who was already 120 and somewhat geared got some fun out of it a few times but wasn't impacted otherwise.
    Honestly the gear reward is better with these, and they're MUCH faster to do, I give incursions an A+ over Invasions. As for leveling, it's already stupid quick anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    They're up for 7 hours, down for 12. I.E. this morning's was 1am-8am EST. Next one will be tonight 8pm-3am EST. The one after will be 3pm-11pm EST. etc
    Wonder why they added the half an hour total from invasions. Those were up for 6 and down for 12.5

Already done two (Vol'dun and Drustvar),so they're definitively up

Awwww, ONLY 20-25% of a level. Sorry you have to put any sort of effort into the game anymore and things are not just passed around left and right for free because you log on. Must be a shame to have to actually play the game

Personally, im giving em a couple weeks before i go after em so they can sort out all the kinks and let the first rush die off a bit so its not so laggy and congested. Was seeing that some of the mobs were 5 tag cap, that still how it is or that at least get a hotfix
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

depends on your itlv .

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post

Looks like you missed school the day they covered percentages. Ironic, isn't it?

Timer is on Wowhead