Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

So sharding is a failed fucking concept...

>Alliance raids krazzlefang
    >I join an antigank raid
    >I zone into a different shard where they disappear
    >I leave the group thinking it's over
    >I zone back into 40 alliance killing me

10/10 quality game design. You're not allowed to actually form groups against eachother?

Edit:

In the end I just made a raid, it was a guild farming us for 30 mins.

Well it started with a massive server lagg, you couldn't cast shit. Those that were doing their warfront quests were complaining in general. We killed their pathetic guild and those that tagged along with it, now we are holding their base for almost 2 hours. I almost thought the servers were gonna crash because my abilities would cast for like 20 seconds.

I had to go so I gave lead to someone else, told him to keep on queueing his shard up.

I still think it's a stupid fucking system because now all the assholes from that guild left that shard and now the poor unfortunate Alliance players that zone in get it instead. I want to be able to hunt down that guild, we did a few times, but it still wasn't enough.

So zugzug and lok'tar o fucking gar I guess
    Last edited by mmoc06acfd58a7; 2018-12-13 at 10:53 PM.

And instead of making a bug report and helping Blizzard improve the system, one designed to help and has helped with server stability, you came here to whine?

10+ Year Old Account
    nice bug report, too bad you used the wrong website
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

How do you know he didn’t bug it as well before coming here? Are you physic?

its not really a bug. that's exactly how the system works. you are practically guaranteed to shift to a different shard any time you join a group

duh. has no place in an mmorpg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    nice bug report, too bad you used the wrong website
    This isn't a bug. Go back to slurping Blizzard's dick or something, but they stated they shard zones so it's always a 50% between Horde and Alliance players. If your raid gets too big you just zone out to a different shard.

Oh and it's not like I can get some revenge on those motherfuckers that killed me, what are the chances I'll ever zone back into a shard with them? If they are trying to "create a community" they need to go back to servers or stop this stupid server shard bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    >I join an antigank raid

10/10 quality game design. You're not allowed to actually form groups against eachother?
    I can tell from the angry title and the meme arrows that it didn't take more than 5 minutes between the terrible incident and your post, lol.

Tell you what, next time, turn the game off or just alt tab, chill for a couple of minutes, and come back with clear head. There's plenty of occasions where you can defend the noble savage horde, you just have to accept that you can't be there every single time.

>I join an antigank raid

alliance raids krazzlefang...yeah because they give alliance a buff because there are to little alliance playing pvp in the world...most be unlucky for you being on the 1 server that happens on :S:S.

But yeah. the rest of the problems i agree with. But sharding is not the problem. It works. But they should not allow groups to be formed that big, or at all. and balance it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a bug. Go back to slurping Blizzard's dick or something, but they stated they shard zones so it's always a 50% between Horde and Alliance players. If your raid gets too big you just zone out to a different shard.

Oh and it's not like I can get some revenge on those motherfuckers that killed me, what are the chances I'll ever zone back into a shard with them? If they are trying to "create a community" they need to go back to servers or stop this stupid server shard bullshit.
    No thats not how the system works, it usually picks the leaders servers or the biggest server group, what about you "slurp" less 4chan and talk less in memes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Blizzard is a small indie company and as such does not have the man power to bug test/beta test their games as much as developers like Activision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    No thats not how the system works, it usually picks the leaders servers or the biggest server group, what about you "slurp" less 4chan and talk less in memes.
    So sharding is really just a premade group against a bunch of randoms.

Explain to me on how my title is once again wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And instead of making a bug report and helping Blizzard improve the system, one designed to help and has helped with server stability, you came here to whine?
    Haha, because that's totally how Blizzard quality assurance in this game works. That's why known beta and even Legion bugs are still in the game to this day, obviously it's just nobody reporting them.

>I join an antigank raid

So, because of one specific situation where sharding didn't work the way you wanted it to...the whole thing is a "failed fucking concept"?

Form a group consisting of people from your own server.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug, sharding was absolute cancer for pvp and probably pve as well since BfA released. I was convinced it caused in-game latency issues and you never get on the shard you want. Just one of many retarded decisions by the B team devs that will double down on the aids instead of reverting a bad change. Enjoy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    So, because of one specific situation where sharding didn't work the way you wanted it to...the whole thing is a "failed fucking concept"?

Form a group consisting of people from your own server.
    What a joke, on Emerald Dream I rarely saw any of my own server mates anymore.. can you guess why? Top kek dude, the system is shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    >I join an antigank raid

You need to invite them to your group
    if you join another group you go to their shard, not them to yours dude...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Just turn off Warmode till next week so hopefully Horde will have the big warmode buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You need to invite them to your group
    if you join another group you go to their shard, not them to yours dude...
    This, so much this. Unless you are inviting people to your group you'll join their shard.

My questions. A) Was the raid leader from your server? B) Was the Alliance raid from your server? If any of those are No then sharing is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    I can tell from the angry title and the meme arrows that it didn't take more than 5 minutes between the terrible incident and your post, lol.

Tell you what, next time, turn the game off or just alt tab, chill for a couple of minutes, and come back with clear head. There's plenty of occasions where you can defend the noble savage horde, you just have to accept that you can't be there every single time.
    I think "not playing the part of the game I'm interested in" is a pretty poor option, especially when something like what the OP described is clearly a problem. I mean, one of the whole points of War Mode was to create the kinds of situations where one side masses up and starts killing, and the other side forms a counter raid to fight back. If that just isn't happening because sharding is phasing them out to not see each other.....well....that seems genuinely broken.

>I join an antigank raid

So you want 39 people pulled to you rather than putting you with your new group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think "not playing the part of the game I'm interested in" is a pretty poor option, especially when something like what the OP described is clearly a problem. I mean, one of the whole points of War Mode was to create the kinds of situations where one side masses up and starts killing, and the other side forms a counter raid to fight back. If that just isn't happening because sharding is phasing them out to not see each other.....well....that seems genuinely broken.
    The problem is that the OP didn't make a raid to fight back. He joined a raid that was already formed on a different shard that had already fought back and thus no alliance were there. Would you have Blizzard pull 39 players into the OPs shard instead of pulling the 1 player into the shard that already had the 39 other people? I know! When a group of 40 forms you should just mash all 40 players shards together so that there is really thousands of players there. But those other groups that got pulled would then pull even more in.... Lets just have 1 server for all of the playerbase.