Thread: WPvP lives!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WPvP lives!

No seriously. Just try the new invasions, it's a massacre everywhere!

"You can't raid up to kill quest mobs with more than 5 people"

I zone in to a raid of 40 alliance taking down all the 5 man groups of horde.

Yup, totally intentional that one. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    the new invasions are like a real battlefront

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

you can do your own raid
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

gotta farm this 25 kills for free 370 somehow

ofc pussy allience players wont engange into 1 - 1 vpvp gotta go 40 vs 1

but i must admit finally met 3 alience players in warmode few minutes ago - massacred them 1 vs 3 and then corse camped was fun

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

but i must admit finally met 3 alience players in warmode few minutes ago - massacred them 1 vs 3 and then corse camped was fun
    That is my experience with hordes. Either they are 5+ against 1 or they don't want to fight. Funny, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    No seriously. Just try the new invasions, it's a massacre everywhere!
    Aye, loving it here!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    That is my experience with hordes. Either they are 5+ against 1 or they don't want to fight. Funny, huh?
    Man, it's almost like players in general are pragmatists, generalizing entire swaths of a still very large community is stupid, and ya'll are getting played by a billion dollar corporation into believing in forced tribalism that allows them to get away with producing 1/2 the content for 2x the price and time invested.

But enough of my requisite whining on how Warcraft is held back by all this nonsense.

But yeah, Assaults are extremely active in War Mode. Did my Horde main first, got slammed into a situation with 60-80 Alliance in Vol'dun swarming the area, switched over to Alliance main after dragging my bloody stump leg through all the WQs and found myself in the reverse situation...encountering most of the same Horde players from the same shard. Basically, the situation reversed itself and the same thing happened.

Curious if they're gonna continue to see this kind of flood as working as intended or not, or whether it'll mean a lot of people turning off War Mode due to it no longer being worth the 10-30% other than Conquest.

Deleted
    Where are this invasions people talk about? I didnt see any the other day

Anyway, im more of 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 kind of guy in World PvP.

Not interested in 40 vs 40 battles, but they can be fun ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some of the most fun yesterday. We invaded Zuldazar and, at first, there wasn't a lot of resistance from the Horde. The few that showed up were being massacred by the might of the Alliance. Then, they counterattacked in force - a raid group wrecked our disorganized invasion force and moved north. That's fine, we regrouped and harassed their straggling lines in the back, taking out many of their number as we completed our quests.

It's just been great. Randomly hunting down Horde in Drustvar, invading zones, defending, it's really enjoyable.

Cataclysm had better World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    For organized groups. For anyone else not so much.

Better turn off Warmode if you do play alone.
    none of this would be issue if allience werent rewarded free 370 items for nothing.

remake quest so that people cant do it in 40 mans and those groups are gone in 5 minutes.

lets not pretend that they do it for anything other then free gear.

or alternatively let people complete invasion quests or quests in general while in 40 man while with WM ON . then this would make much more sense because going 40 vs 1 is not pvp its harrasment.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-12-15 at 08:50 PM.

Sounds cool. I haven't noticed anything more than sparse PVP myself yet. What I have noticed is Alliance groups farming neutral flight master spots - pretty lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    For organized groups. For anyone else not so much.

Better turn off Warmode if you do play alone.
    I play alone. I did no grouping. I still had fun.

If it were alive we wouldn't need the megabribe lifesupport machine to keep its corpse warm.

Funny the same could be said about us horde.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Where are this invasions people talk about? I didnt see any the other day
    It looks like they're like the Legion zone invasions. I've done two earlier in the week, one in Vol'dun and another in Drustvar.

All in one it looks like they've an improvement over the Legion invasions. All the WQs are in the same general area of the zone. The Vol'dun ones were by the beach east of the temple. The Drustvar ones were between Arom's Stand and the Horde town. But the biggest improvement, imho, is that they don't phase out all the normal zone WQs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It looks like they're like the Legion zone invasions. I've done two earlier in the week, one in Vol'dun and another in Drustvar.

All in one it looks like they've an improvement over the Legion invasions. All the WQs are in the same general area of the zone. The Vol'dun ones were by the beach east of the temple. The Drustvar ones were between Arom's Stand and the Horde town. But the biggest improvement, imho, is that they don't phase out all the normal zone WQs.
    thanks for the info

Is it just me, or is the experience complete garbage for doing these, tho? I tested them out on a 113 with rested xp the other day and was getting 18k-60k (once) per quest, whereas in Legion you'd get a level for clearing the quests. I mean if invasions aren't going to be much more profitable than just questing normally I'm not sure what the point is.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talked about "we", and as long you have no personality disorder that includes more than one. So its not really that bad to assume you played in a group.
    Yeah more of a "I was following a lot of Alliance nearby" than a group. I did actually try to group up but it seemed whomever started the group wasn't looking for new people or reading the LFG channel. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yeah more of a "I was following a lot of Alliance nearby" than a group. I did actually try to group up but it seemed whomever started the group wasn't looking for new people or reading the LFG channel. *shrug*
    raid group was full ? awww :0