I was sort of disappointed with the Blue Mage announcement as a "Limited Job" but the more I consider it as simply something else to do aside from the other things FFXIV has to offer (which is a lot) the more excited I get for it.

Plus, doing hunts with BLU will be hilarious. Looking forward to it more so now than I was before for sure.
    FFXIV: Zelliaind Rageborne - "FC Daddy" of Log Horizon <Lv??> on US-Leviathan
    FFXIV: Nihzoh'sae Grimwolfe - Co-Lead of Crimson Lotus Rebirth <_Ryu_> on US-Malboro

10+ Year Old Account
    @Faroth: yeah, Rathalos can be pretty buggy and mean. Imho it's not a well implemented fight and simply put: not fun.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    The 4.5 site is now live with scant story teasers and the explanations of where Blue Mage came from. Apparently a very shifty Snake Oil Salesman-ish mage is just flat out selling the job stones for cash, he learned and got the stones from the ever-mysterious New World.
    I will farm that gear for the rest of my days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    @Faroth: yeah, Rathalos can be pretty buggy and mean. Imho it's not a well implemented fight and simply put: not fun.
    It's a bloody stupid idea putting MH style fights into FF14. It's awful without telegraphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's a bloody stupid idea putting MH style fights into FF14. It's awful without telegraphs.
    Actually the absence of telegraphs is not a problem. Many encounters in savage have plenty of abilities they no longer telegraph at all.
    Midgardsomr is a good example of that.

The problem is, that the timing between dragon turns -> dragon attacks/charges is simply put: too short.
    Serverlag alone will see to it that you get hit now and then despite dodging correctly (that often happens in savage too, sooo frustrating!). Couple that with almost everything being an instagib and only 3 rezzez and you get a recipe for frustration.

With servers as laggy and unpredictable as FF-XIVs, the 3 deaths = wipe penalty should never have been incorporated.

I think the fight's a lot of fun. Some of the things we experienced this last night of farming we've not seen before across our previous 40 kills nor our plethora of wipes. I write some of it off as lag surprises. It can be frustrating, but it's pretty rewarding to get the no deaths kills. I'd like to see more content of this type - challenging 4 man stuff - perhaps without being quite as brutal as ol' Rathy's no heals/3 deaths fight.

I think some of the randomness probably fittingly translates the Monster Hunter fights from what my MH playing friends describe. We just call him a "Picky ass bitch dragon" because he's real picky on where you are to consider you in the path of his attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He kind of has telegraphs, though. They're just animated visual telegraphs and very very quick.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-12-14 at 02:22 PM.

They called me mad when i said BLU would have a drag and drop system for abilities!

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....-from-new.html - my thoughts now we know a little more about the job beyond 'not a real job, the skys falling all is lost!'.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-12-14 at 04:33 PM.

I like the idea of being a bit like the ol' EQ days of actually choosing the spells you're going into battle with and not being able to have every ability up at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like the idea of being a bit like the ol' EQ days of actually choosing the spells you're going into battle with and not being able to have every ability up at all times.
    I could see that they are being held back level cap wise just so they dont have to balance it for endgame in two major updates one after the other what with Shadowbringers system wide revamps and maybe we do get BLU in duty finder but in that instance, just like how scaling locks every other job out of certain moves at certain levels, you just have a 'duty finder rotation' for BLU in the future with stuff like 'no lvl.5 death allowed'.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLU would definitely be something for me to play around as solo. Heavy restrictions could be a work around but it'll just feel like another spell caster that plays even worse probably due to the non connective(?) nature of the spells. That said though, the option with skill restrictions wouldn't be a bad thing and they could have the caveat that this class could suck utter ass in raids or LFD with no consideration for balance. Granted some people will probably still complain about it even with the caveat, but that's just going to happen anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd like to see more content of this type - challenging 4 man stuff -
    As long as it doesn't end up in a "be lucky that the server is in a good mood" and I get to play my class properly, you won't get any argument from me.
    Being a braindead dispel bot in PII is not fun though.

Well, the little mini-game for the seasonal event was pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, the little mini-game for the seasonal event was pretty neat.
    They did a nice job with it, especially if you do badly. From reddit:

Playing WHM for the first time in ages and i don't know why but of the 3 healers this is the only one where i really feel like i miss the original Cleric Stance the most. Of all the changes made over the last two expansions thats really the only one i wish changed back.

10+ Year Old Account
    While he cleric dance was fun, I don't miss it at all.
    Mostly because of the wonkyness of the servers.

While he cleric dance was fun, I don't miss it at all.
    Mostly because of the wonkyness of the servers.
    It just feels like, for some reason on WHM in particular, that even if the numbers are the same as the used to percentage wise i'm only being allowed to 'really dps' for a few seconds every other minute of a dungeon. When its a game where dps'ing as healer is kind of a big deal it feels like you are being forcefully held back. Sure the damage is probably negligible overall but its just a sentiment i get when it feels like i have so many more oh shit healing buttons nowadays that the HW argument of "but sometimes people forget to turn it back and can't overheal" doesnt really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It just feels like, for some reason on WHM in particular, that even if the numbers are the same as the used to percentage wise i'm only being allowed to 'really dps' for a few seconds every other minute of a dungeon.
    uuuh ... get a competent / well geared group?
    I do 75% DPS 25% healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Sure the damage is probably negligible overall
    Nope, it is not. Esp not in AoE situations.

4.5 (didn't say if it's the entire patch or part 1) is gonna be out Tuesday the 8th, with a surprise Live Letter tomorrow in the early morning.

Also it says this thread is 2189 pages long but I can't go past 2183, weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Part I. Part II of the patch is due some time in March, me thinks.

Yeah I'm seeing the same page bug.

English Trailer:

(Obvious spoilers for 4.5)