Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    So she's smart. It's like she's been in a few skirmishes before, weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Jaina's a gimmicky-powerful character, just like Sylvanas. At times they'll be unable to do anything and at other times they'll do the unthinkable. They're simply "hero-class" characters that can pull off random stuff up, like Sylvanas' jetpack banshee mode that can apparently choke soldiers to death or Jaina's arcane cannons (even though both seem fairly incompetent in some other situations).
    LOL jet-pack banshee mode. I lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Read her raid boss fight abilities. It's ridiculous. Even Argus did not freeze himself to avoid heroism shaman buff.
    Just hope the bosses get more smarter from here on, I always welcome this kind of things or the boss one shoting the raid, Arthas and Argus are the best example and if they were more sentient, probably they will be the humility test we got every while to not get arrogant, man I really wish Arthas were still alive and to have him in the role of Yujiro from Baki, maybe Illidan could fill those shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    shitpost
    Are you really so bad at arguing that you're desperately trying to go off on a side tangent about which specific fucking word I bolded? Holy fuck this is bad even by MMOChampion standards. The best place for you is the ignore list, good bye.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Are you really so bad at arguing that you're desperately trying to go off on a side tangent about which specific fucking word I bolded? Holy fuck this is bad even by MMOChampion standards. The best place for you is the ignore list, good bye.
    Given how it was the entire point and, because it completely flew above your head, in your previous post you accused my reply being factually incorrect (even though you completely misread it, making your accusations in said reply the actually incorrect thing there), you're utterly deflecting here.

Or do I need to quote your posts again to show you that in your last reply you made a point on circling that Alex Afrasiabi was Lead World Designer, because you thought I contested that? Because, lo and behold, you thought that's what I referred to by talking about what you bolded? Which means it wasn't a "side tangent" whatsoever, but the entire point? Which means you're outright lying right now to save face? Which doesn't work at all, because of how obvious and desperate the lie is?

But yes, I'm the one bad at arguing here. Not you, who completely missed the point in your previous reply, made an invalid reply to it because of you missing the point and who's now engaging in desperate fallacies to hide that fact If I am bad by even MMO-C standards, your posting is bad even by r/TheDonald's standards (and such a thing doesn't really exist).

Which you then instantly proved by making a spectacle of publicly ignoring me as if it somehow vindicated you. Because you had no real counterargument to the fact you completely misread my previous post, making your reply to it utterly invalid. But guess what, this public spectacle doesn't vindicate you one iota, especially in the context of you patently misreading that post and now desperately trying to deflect from that. It's more of an admission of defeat on your part. So cheers.

On a side note, your "source" still doesn't prove that Lead World Designer in WoW does what you said they do (you know, what I actually contested), nor have you addressed what Lead Narrative Designer does if your claims about Lead World Designers were actually true. Because, as with everything else, you don't really have an argument. You only have vitriol and desperate fallacies.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-12-14 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I can't feel bad for laughing about it, when Rhonin died. All Knaak characters are poison for this game and the og self inserts. Hope they kill Vereesa next.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What content then? I was unaware we got anything Varessa-related between the Purge of Dalaran and that comic except her existing at the elf family reunion in Suramar.
    Well, the only place Alliance got any lore development up until Cataclysm, of course. Novels. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Talanji. Such a terribly written character shoved down our throats
    Yes I quickly came to the conclusion that Talanji is as annoying and boring as Aggra. They even have similar voices and teeth.

Bleh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    >Nathanos is a self-insert
    >Thrall isn't
    The absolute state of bitching on this forum. Though the thing that gets me is how the hell is Turalyon a self-insert.
    In all fairness, Nathanos is the new Thrall in terms of being an annoying, scene-stealing writer insert who does nothing but irritate the fuck out of everyone in his vicinity. Only instead of South Beach Buddhism: Warcraft Style, he's Smug Neckbeard Goth Kid: Warcraft Style. I keep waiting to see him show up monologuing about how "he is euphoric, not through the blessings of any phony Light, but because he is enlightened by his own intellect."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I can't feel bad for laughing about it, when Rhonin died. All Knaak characters are poison for this game and the og self inserts. Hope they kill Vereesa next.
    Odds are good Vereesa's days are numbered. The dev team seems poised to have the high elves all sign on with the void elves (there are High Elf Wayfarers and Silvermoon Scholars aplenty, Umbric and Alleria have stepped in as the Alliance Thalassian elf leadership with Vereesa generally relegated to the background, and the Three Sisters foreshadows a confrontation between Alleria and Vereesa against Sylvanas, and the devs mentioned high elf skintones for void elves might be a thing in the future (my suspicion there is it'll be unlocked after a Night Warrioresque quest line, showing a difference between the first-wave void elves who were corrupted in the unlock scenario versus the second-wave void elves who don't have a Void entity interfering in the ritual to worry about)). My bet is she and Alleria take the fight to Sylvanas, Vereesa gets merked, and the surviving high elves go Void to get revenge.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    In all fairness, Nathanos is the new Thrall in terms of being an annoying, scene-stealing writer insert who does nothing but irritate the fuck out of everyone in his vicinity. Only instead of South Beach Buddhism: Warcraft Style, he's Smug Neckbeard Goth Kid: Warcraft Style. I keep waiting to see him show up monologuing about how "he is euphoric, not through the blessings of any phony Light, but because he is enlightened by his own intellect."

- - - Updated - - -

Odds are good Vereesa's days are numbered. The dev team seems poised to have the high elves all sign on with the void elves (there are High Elf Wayfarers and Silvermoon Scholars aplenty, Umbric and Alleria have stepped in as the Alliance Thalassian elf leadership with Vereesa generally relegated to the background, and the Three Sisters foreshadows a confrontation between Alleria and Vereesa against Sylvanas, and the devs mentioned high elf skintones for void elves might be a thing in the future (my suspicion there is it'll be unlocked after a Night Warrioresque quest line, showing a difference between the first-wave void elves who were corrupted in the unlock scenario versus the second-wave void elves who don't have a Void entity interfering in the ritual to worry about)). My bet is she and Alleria take the fight to Sylvanas, Vereesa gets merked, and the surviving high elves go Void to get revenge.
    Keep on dreaming helf screamer. Blizzard will never add high elves to the Alliance. They should just add blue eyed option to blood elves and be done with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    Keep on dreaming helf screamer. Blizzard will never add high elves to the Alliance. They should just add blue eyed option to blood elves and be done with it
    You haven't read my post history, have you? I'm generally in favor of putting the nail in the high elf coffin (my post even says 'all the high elves are probably going to be void elves,' which would close the door on that chapter of elven history forever), but let's not let facts get in the way of you being triggered because I mentioned the art team seemed amenable to giving void elves some peach skin tones as a possible compromise, and how that would work lorewise, and how it would accomplish three wonderful things (Windrunners finally get a showdown that isn't just Sylvanas waxing poetic, Vereesa dies, and high elves are done with for good) all in one stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, the only place Alliance got any lore development up until Cataclysm, of course. Novels. :/
    What did I miss then? (Character development wise, I don't need the nitty-gritty details of them pumping out two Rhoninlings)

10+ Year Old Account
    What did I miss then? (Character development wise, I don't need the nitty-gritty details of them pumping out two Rhoninlings)
    Between books, they went from tolerating one another to Twu Wuv, completely offscreen (because why dedicate time to character development when that's three pages Knaak could stuff another battle scene written by IKEA into?).

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Nathanos is a lot less omnipresent than Thrall and he doesn't have his insufferably ideal record either. He's smug, but relative to how much he gets to do, Thrall and Rhonin were far more severe and a lot more directly connected to a certain writer. Whatever Danuser thinks of Nathanos, he doesn't have the narrative clout of Knaak or Metzen to do much damage.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Nathanos is a lot less omnipresent than Thrall and he doesn't have his insufferably ideal record either. He's smug, but relative to how much he gets to do, Thrall and Rhonin were far more severe and a lot more directly connected to a certain writer. Whatever Danuser thinks of Nathanos, he doesn't have the narrative clout of Knaak or Metzen to do much damage.
    I mean, he's the Senior Narrative Designer, aka the writers answer to him. I agree with you that he isn't as omnipresent as Thrall and that he doesn't have an insufferably ideal record either, but consider that Danuser comes on, starts voicing Nathanos, writes him a story that canonizes him and Sylv banging in a barn and having a romantic relationship, Nathanos getting a sick new body and model before a litany of other important NPC's get their models updated or personalized (Saurfang, Baine, Lor'themar, etc...), suddenly becomes one of the few people we ever interact with anymore, is suddenly thrust into important roles in the Horde, is somehow leading the charge in Darkshore at the same time he's leading a counter-attack at Dazar'alor AND coordinating our incursions in Kul Tiras, and that's just what we have from 7.0 to 8.1. He's not Thrall level yet, but you cannot deny that since Danuser took over the role, Nathanos has suddenly become this important character out of nowhere.

Face it, Siege should have been handled by Rokhan or Baine (preferably Rokhan), Darkshore handled by some other Forsaken character (Faranell works well here), and give Nathanos the War Campaign since that at least fits into his current self-insert role as Sylvannas' right-hand man. Instead, he's three places at once getting to be the Horde hero there.

He wasn't always a self-insert, but he's become one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The Horde could literally be down to just the Horde player character as Warchief trying to organize some Furbolgs to build a capital in Timbermaw Hold for a new Horde made up of them and some Vulpera, and we'd get threads about pro-Horde bias because the Horde's weapons are too sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorronor View Post
    Face it, Siege should have been handled by Rokhan or Baine (preferably Rokhan), Darkshore handled by some other Forsaken character (Faranell works well here), and give Nathanos the War Campaign since that at least fits into his current self-insert role as Sylvannas' right-hand man. Instead, he's three places at once getting to be the Horde hero there.

He wasn't always a self-insert, but he's become one.
    Danuser doesn't voice him, he's suffered no changes in personality from his vanilla incarnation. He had a human recolor until BFA, and obviously the number 2 guy to the Warchief will be appearing a lot, especially considering the Horde has one of the most barren casts in its history. He has a record without a win in a fight and appears only for one faction. On top of this, Danuser lacks a veto power over the writers, if he did, I really doubt Horde would get a narrative about every character save for Nathanos bitching endlessly and ultimately overthrowing Sylvanas. The reaction to him is massively overblown asspain.

Siege should've been Rokhan though, I'll give you that.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Just that the kids exist. The original post made it sound like their existence was stated with the Sisters comic. I was just saying that's not the first time they've been mentioned and they've existed for a long while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorronor View Post
    I mean, he's the Senior Narrative Designer, aka the writers answer to him. I agree with you that he isn't as omnipresent as Thrall and that he doesn't have an insufferably ideal record either, but consider that Danuser comes on, starts voicing Nathanos, writes him a story that canonizes him and Sylv banging in a barn and having a romantic relationship, Nathanos getting a sick new body and model before a litany of other important NPC's get their models updated or personalized (Saurfang, Baine, Lor'themar, etc...), suddenly becomes one of the few people we ever interact with anymore, is suddenly thrust into important roles in the Horde, is somehow leading the charge in Darkshore at the same time he's leading a counter-attack at Dazar'alor AND coordinating our incursions in Kul Tiras, and that's just what we have from 7.0 to 8.1. He's not Thrall level yet, but you cannot deny that since Danuser took over the role, Nathanos has suddenly become this important character out of nowhere.
    I don't think that's new or exceptionally concerning. Khadgar became an important character out of nowhere in WOD, to the point I went "wait, is this OUR khadgar or AU khadgar? Who the hell is this guy?" when he was just plopped in and went "HEROES, WE MUST DEFEAT THE IRON HORDE." Then he was everywhere for 2 expansions.

That's called "these are going to be our main characters for a while, let's give them all fancy new models and storytelling focus."

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's new or exceptionally concerning. Khadgar became an important character out of nowhere in WOD, to the point I went "wait, is this OUR khadgar or AU khadgar? Who the hell is this guy?" when he was just plopped in and went "HEROES, WE MUST DEFEAT THE IRON HORDE." Then he was everywhere for 2 expansions.

That's called "these are going to be our main characters for a while, let's give them all fancy new models and storytelling focus."
    That's why I'm excited to see what Lor'Themar is going to do. He didn't get a model update just for the heritage armor event after all
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Let's be honest, Turalyon was straight up buried when they wrote him to be no-sold, one-handed, by Illidan while Illidan looked half-unconscious. He's nobody's gary stu character anymore, no matter who might have spent years longing for him to come back and be that.