Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Who cares? Someone was banned for being a prick, stop the presses.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Blizzard is notorious for overreacting, like with the Pepe thing, so it's interesting to see if it's something retarded again.

It sounded like he was saying he enjoys playing WoW arena cause it's fun but it isn't enough to depend on as a business... How is that ban-worthy? What is this?? Communist China where you can't post Winnie the poo memes without your house getting raided by the secret police?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-12-15 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    WoW "e-athletes" do say this stuff about being underpaid, and it's very cringy. I remember Cdew on AllCraft saying that Blizzard should pay top teams (him included) SALARIES. Also I remember first Exorsus whining that they make no money raiding mythic and then more recently Method demanding the world first race to have a huge monetary payoff.

All these are completely unrealistic demands. There's no money to be made in WoW PVE/PVP and if you want to make it you need to find a sponsor (like RedBull paying Sco).

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    WoW "e-athletes" do say this stuff about being underpaid, and it's very cringy. I remember Cdew on AllCraft saying that Blizzard should pay top teams (him included) SALARIES. Also I remember first Exorsus whining that they make no money raiding mythic and then more recently Method demanding the world first race to have a huge monetary payoff.

All these are completely unrealistic demands. There's no money to be made in WoW PVE/PVP and if you want to make it you need to find a sponsor (like RedBull paying Sco).
    Or have a decent personality and stream. Granted they do pay OWL players salaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It sounded like he was saying he enjoys playing WoW arena cause it's fun but it isn't enough to depend on as a business... How is that ban-worthy? What is this?? Communist China where you can't post Winnie the poo memes without your house getting raided by the secret police?
    Pretty sure that's not the comment he got banned over, he'd have no real reason to lie about it and he's not the first one to mention it.

Oh, I do! That's why I made this thread. Of course, I am autistic, so, maybe I am not understanding your meaning. It seems illogical to make a thread to curb my gnawing curiosity, but not be seen as curious. So, to be more specific, I care to know what he did.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Deleted
    Hence I made the comment about WoW "athletes" It's not rare to have salaries in professional e-sports on platforms that get actual participation and coverage. WoW Arena ain't one of them.

Hence I made the comment about WoW "athletes" It's not rare to have salaries in professional e-sports on platforms that get actual participation and coverage. WoW Arena ain't one of them.
    Increasing the prize pool could help that though honestly. It would absolutely bring more people into the Esport of WoW pvp which would increase participation and eventually lead to more coverage.

There’s also a fair amount of names people want to see win or at the very least names people know of (like trill, dew, pika, whaaz, etc) so increasing the pool would make winning much more interesting.

It seems like that’d be the way to go realistically. It could be a risk especially seeing the state WoW is currently in with the community and the massive amount of hate AAA companies including blizzard are getting right now but PvPers and casters have been saying it forever: 1. Increase the prize pool, 2. #1 will increase participation 3. Popularity will come from #1 and #2.

Like honestly whose interested in watching a team of 4 win 100k or so aside from the diehard fans? Not many. However, if that was increased to 1 million or 500k even things get interesting. That’s a huge prize pool, there’s more on the line and there’s more participation because of the bigger reward. WoW is considered a fairly popular game, they could very well attract people. This past blizzcon was very hype and it had about 150k viewers, there’s definitely potential blizzard just needs to make it more interesting by adding more incentive like almost all other esports.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-12-15 at 03:12 AM.

What did he say? No answer in this thread and can't find it anywhere. Seems suspect as hell when you can't even see what message got him banned. What purpose it even serve then? Normally bans like this act as warnings to others, but if no one knows what he is banned for, it does jack-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Increasing the prize pool could help that though honestly. It would absolutely bring more people into the Esport of WoW pvp which would increase participation and eventually lead to more coverage.

There’s also a fair amount of names people want to see win or at the very least names people know of (like trill, dew, pika, whaaz, etc) so increasing the pool would make winning much more interesting.

It seems like that’d be the way to go realistically. It could be a risk especially seeing the state WoW is currently in with the community and the massive amount of hate AAA companies including blizzard are getting right now but PvPers and casters have been saying it forever: 1. Increase the prize pool, 2. #1 will increase participation 3. Popularity will come from #1 and #2.

Like honestly whose interested in watching a team of 4 win 100k or so aside from the diehard fans? Not many. However, if that was increased to 1 million or 500k even things get interesting. That’s a huge prize pool, there’s more on the line and there’s more participation because of the bigger reward. WoW is considered a fairly popular game, they could very well attract people. This past blizzcon was very hype and it had about 150k viewers, there’s definitely potential blizzard just needs to make it more interesting by adding more incentive like almost all other esports.
    One of the big problems is that WoW pvp is utterly unwatchable for anyone not already into WOW and arena. And it is perhaps even harder to get into. Added to that, wow arena is not a game, it is a part of a bigger game. Adding even further on top of that, it is not even that good of an e-sport to begin with. It is unbalanced, RNG-heavy, and the meta is pretty much always terrible as a viewer experience.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2018-12-15 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Oh, I do! That's why I made this thread. Of course, I am autistic, so, maybe I am not understanding your meaning. It seems illogical to make a thread to curb my gnawing curiosity, but not be seen as curious. So, to be more specific, I care to know what he did.
    I'm autistic too, I'm not sure what that has to do with it.

i dont agree with everything they say obviously.. many of them are delusional

but what doesnt make sense is how WoW prize pool is only 250k, while every single other game at blizzcon has at least 500k.. even thought WoW was the 2nd most watched game

WoW is the game that basically MADE blizzard, without WoW none of these games would even exist, and chances are Blizzard would just be a small company instead of a huge one

but well, Blizzard and eSports is a recipe for disaster
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-12-15 at 03:44 AM.

I'm autistic too, I'm not sure what that has to do with it.
    I meant it must be why I am not understanding why you would ask who cares, when logically, I made the thread for the very reason. In other words, if I didn't care the thread would not have existed by my hand.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's standard vague legaleese. "Behave in a sportsmanlike manner but only we can decide what that is", same crap degraded OWL
    Boo fucking hoo, don't participate then if you feel it's unlike you can behave accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Boo fucking hoo, don't participate then if you feel it's unlike you can behave accordingly.
    Problem is what "accordingly" is. Most like some "trash-talk" against the enemy team, seen in many sports, but in others it is frowned upon. Criticising organisers and being open about your opinion on how things are run is acceptable in many sports and e-sports, but not in others. Some rules are obvious, like don't do racist shit, don't bet against/for your own team, don't break any actual laws etc. But simply telling someone to be sportsmanlike means jack-shit when there is no exact definition for what that actually means.

Deleted
    I can tell you that in professional leagues like the NBA, or PGA Tour a player criticising the Commissioner or owners (or even referees) will get fined and sanctioned. You simply don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Deleted
    he probably criticized bfa and got banned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Problem is what "accordingly" is. Most like some "trash-talk" against the enemy team, seen in many sports, but in others it is frowned upon. Criticising organisers and being open about your opinion on how things are run is acceptable in many sports and e-sports, but not in others. Some rules are obvious, like don't do racist shit, don't bet against/for your own team, don't break any actual laws etc. But simply telling someone to be sportsmanlike means jack-shit when there is no exact definition for what that actually means.
    Bingo, and they reserve the right to change the rules as they see fit. Something that was ok one year is against the rules the next. It's why, where it matters, vagueties aren't used

Very adult response.
    Shame on Blizzard for having people stalk the guy to revenge-ban him because of what he said during Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He probably didn't call someone by their correct gender pronoun so he got banned.
    Actually lol'd
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Very adult response.
    Shame on Blizzard for having people stalk the guy to revenge-ban him because of what he said during Blizzcon
    Maybe show his next comment too:

Still don't know what he did, but it seems he knows and agrees with the ban.