Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I used to be. Even got epics back in vanilla because they thought I was a girl due to the character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodEmperor View Post
    The trick is to not put an obviously feminine name with your cute character.

Name your cute blood elf female Fartstation and I doubt you'd get much whispers. Name it PinkyLove or something generic like Angelina and you're obviously going to get a lot of whispers from desperate dudes.
    I had one named Wifematerial and never got anything so the desperate dudes are only looking for something casual it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Just saying from experience that I made a cute looking Female Human in WOW and then started getting whispers.

Being a male I could not handle it & ran to the Hairdresser & Transmorger to change appearance.

My female gnome experienced a cutey touchy phase when I changed her hair to Pink and gave her a cute face.
    Male Characters would come up & tickle me & dance etc

Now my Gnome has dark hair & a scowl... No one touches me.

Anyone else experience a lot of flirting when you have a good looking/ cute female character.
    Frequently throughout the years, mainly on my Night Elf, but also with my Draenei and Human characters.

I don't wear "slut-mog" either.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Just saying from experience that I made a cute looking Female Human in WOW and then started getting whispers.

Being a male I could not handle it & ran to the Hairdresser & Transmorger to change appearance.

My female gnome experienced a cutey touchy phase when I changed her hair to Pink and gave her a cute face.
    Male Characters would come up & tickle me & dance etc

Now my Gnome has dark hair & a scowl... No one touches me.

Anyone else experience a lot of flirting when you have a good looking/ cute female character.
    Yes, quite a bit. I've even had guys try to pick me up. I sincerely don't understand such people.

I usually don't, once in awhile I get a random "Hey your toon looks cute" kind of thing. Two days ago some random guy whispered me, he tried hitting on my female demon hunter, while I was out doing the new war campaign quests, I kind of just shrugged him off, then twenty minutes later he sent three paragraphs of him trying to fuck my character, rather forcefully I might add. I reported him, ignored him and moved on. It's so pathetic and disgusting. Yes I'm on an RP server, but that doesn't give people the right to do that kind of shit.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Back in wrath when I had a female draenei pally tank, I had a few issues with being /w'd by creeps. The worst one was a druid we pugged to do ToC. Just ended up putting him on ignore.

I've almost exclusively had male chars from thereafter, so...can't say if there is a difference now.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    This has never happened to me that I can recall, and my top alt is a female night elf rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I usually don't, once in awhile I get a random "Hey your toon looks cute" kind of thing. Two days ago some random guy whispered me, he tried hitting on my female demon hunter, while I was out doing the new war campaign quests, I kind of just shrugged him off, then twenty minutes later he sent three paragraphs of him trying to fuck my character, rather forcefully I might add. I reported him, ignored him and moved on. It's so pathetic and disgusting. Yes I'm on an RP server, but that doesn't give people the right to do that kind of shit.
    Wow... Image related:

https://imgur.com/a/fJN52fx

I'm a guy, and I don't play female characters beacuse of creeps either. I used to be one odd fifteen years ago, so I know.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2018-12-15 at 03:56 PM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It's happened a couple times way back during BC on my hunter which is a female belf with a female name. Never happens these days but I think today's community is more aware that the majority of female characters are played by males.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Are you a female?
    Female characters are for females
    thats very bigoted of an opinion in an age of gender fluidity.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewheel View Post
    Used to be hit on in early days of WoW. Not so much anymore.
    Early days of WoW for me as well, when servers mattered, and you saw the same people repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If people try to flirt with my female char in whisper, I ask them in /say why they're whispering because I can't hear them. That usually shuts them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play female characters in MMOs and have only been hit on three times since since playing WoW (twice in 14 years) and FFXIV (Once in 5 years).

Always on the furry characters and they go even harder once I told them I was a guy. lol, dipshits!

These are the three characters that got hit on:

(old retired tauren shaman)

(panda monk, still active)

(Catgirl monk, still active and only character in FFXIV)
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Like 3 times since Classic.

Art by draken4o

My Draenei Svetlana was hit on, and stalked by a human warlock to the point where I had to stop playing her. It was a RP server, and I said hello, and then, I just couldn't. I believe he's stopped playing or X'ferred servers, so I can play her again, but holy hell was it awful.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    i have a male character and i get hit on all the time

1 of the more extreme examples
    Fucking Yikes dude. I have encountered this a bunch of times IRL at a festival or a bar, overly aggressive gay dudes trying to talk you into their tent or to go somewhere private. The only way to deal with them is one time in a nice way and if they don't take it, you need to properly tell them to fuck off. Sadly you can't give them a punch in a videogame, but you get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Amazing.

Straight boys who like looking at cute pixels are countered by straight boys who like looking at cute pixels.

It's a race to the bottom of "I'm not gay brodudebro".
    I still think that if you're a man and you play a girl character that you dress up and pick outfits for, you might be in for a big shook up in a few month/years.

Happens to me every now and then,like twice a month on average

I also got some dick pics and free money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I had one named Wifematerial and never got anything so the desperate dudes are only looking for something casual it seems.
    That name just screams actually a guy irl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Are you a Darkspear Troll? Darkspear Troll Avatars are for Darkspear Trolls, only.
    You know I don't see why players say that shit, when races are based upon cultures, not actual races.
    I think it's still weird to play a girl character as a guy. You'd either come off as a creepy sexualized guy, or someone that expresses himself as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromagar View Post
    You know I don't see why players say that shit, when races are based upon cultures, not actual races.
    I think it's still weird to play a girl character as a guy. You'd either come off as a creepy sexualized guy, or someone that expresses himself as a woman.
    And what does it change what they are based upon? You assume an identity that isn't you. You're not a noble, plains-stalking hunter based upon native american culture. What you are is a human assuming an identity, more or less, depending on how much you'd like to immerse yourself. Race, culture, gender, makes no difference.

If you think it is weird to play a roleplaying game as something you're not, maybe RPGs are not for you. If you're that insecure about your identity or sexuality that playing 'as a girl' makes you feel weird, or that other guys doing so creeps you out, you have a lot of emotional growing up to do. None of us are mages, warriors or druids, either, so, it is okay for you to pretend that i can summon demons chanting in a madeup language, but when I like some variety in my characters, that creeps you out?

The same way you argue I could say people who play military shooters are deranged psychopaths with a supressed desire to commit mass-slaughter or without the guts to actually join the military. But that's not the case. People play games to entertain themselves.

What about games where you play exclusivly as a woman, does that creep you out? Or, the other way around, how about women playing as the titular male characters in so many male character only games for the past decades?

Get your priorities straightened out, man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And what does it change what they are based upon? You assume an identity that isn't you. You're not a noble, plains-stalking hunter based upon native american culture. What you are is a human assuming an identity, more or less, depending on how much you'd like to immerse yourself. Race, culture, gender, makes no difference.

If you think it is weird to play a roleplaying game as something you're not, maybe RPGs are not for you. If you're that insecure about your identity or sexuality that playing 'as a girl' makes you feel weird, or that other guys doing so creeps you out, you have a lot of emotional growing up to do. None of us are mages, warriors or druids, either, so, it is okay for you to pretend that i can summon demons chanting in a madeup language, but when I like some variety in my characters, that creeps you out?

The same way you argue I could say people who play military shooters are deranged psychopaths with a supressed desire to commit mass-slaughter or without the guts to actually join the military. But that's not the case. People play games to entertain themselves.

What about games where you play exclusivly as a woman, does that creep you out? Or, the other way around, how about women playing as the titular male characters in so many male character only games for the past decades?

Get your priorities straightened out, man.
    Did you get insulted by that or what? Yes I've played games like Tomb Raider. But those aren't RPG's, more like action games and such. However roleplaying as a girl character is the equivelant of playing with dress up dolls like a girl does with barbie. It is weird to me.

I honestly think people that seriously partake in RP take their character serious and it is to some extend, a part of them, that they wish to become or grow towards.