Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    These kind of people are clearly delusional and either have a raging hard on for Blizzard, OR have Blizzard's cock deeply embedded into their ass.

I'm ready for my infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    These kind of people are clearly delusional and either have a raging hard on for Blizzard, OR have Blizzard's cock deeply embedded into their ass.

I'm ready for my infraction.
    I'm ready for a cock deeply embedded in my ass.

I like the psychology. Instead of creating yet another openly WoW-bashing thread, someone created a WoW-bashing thread disguised as a that WoW-praising thread. Then everyone came in and bashed WoW for the OP. Well played!

The game has it's issues. You can't ignore that. But I've said this before and I will say it again. I feel like people hate on BFA because hating BFA is the new cool thing. People can be hypocrites sometimes. People use to shit on WoD saying it was the worst expac, now they are saying they loved WoD and that it's not the worst expac. It's pathetic. Not all the hate is hypocritical, there are issues with WoW. Issues Blizz refuse to address and fix, and the fact that the class tunning for 8.1 was.. well lack luster and many others feel lied to, I don't blame them there. Honestly if you had to ask me? I'd say skip 8.1 and wait till 8.2.

I wish bait threads weren't so obvious these days. You guys put in as much effort as the WoW dev team.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    o.O uhhhh..... Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    Have you been on Reddit lately?
    regardless of your opinion on the matter

Reddit is almost always the last source you should trust for anything

BFA > Legion ! yeah I said it! BFA has some dubious game systems but Legion's systems really sucked

How I feel during G'Huun's first phase

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm with you on one thing that holy crap this forum gets toxic.
    The official forum would be, too, if they weren't constantly deleting posts and banning people.

That's the thing sycophants like you just don't get. It's not a "toxic community." It's a shitty game and development getting all the critique it so richly and righteously deserves. People don't just wake up one day and go "you know what, I'm going to get mad about WoW for the lolz."

When you have a shitty game designer like Ion at the helm, making shitty decisions, and forcing the game down the drain from every possibility, that's on THEM. Not the people complaining about THEM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    How I feel during G'Huun's fist phase
    Corrected it for you

At least this fine gentleman/lady is being honest about it, instead of posing as "opponent of stupidity" or other pompous stuff I've had to read on these boards...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    Ion Hazzikostas is one of the lead game designers for WoW. You probably already know this. You probably know him from the Q&As and hate threads. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but let me enlighten you on a few things and try show a mature view.

- Ion Hazzikostas's job is the overall vision of the game, plus dungeon and raid content - now let's see why this is important. Ion was working on Legion up until the release of 7.3, with him still having focus on Legion after the patches release for a few weeks. This means he worked on BFA with full force in about February. That means 6 months. Now let's look at his roles:

Overall vision of the game - Ion seems to have been very easy with accepting the GCD changes, and pushed that change as soon as it became a prevalent problem. The actual encounters of most dungeon and raid bosses are actually very engaging to play and learn with various difficulties; yes, you can learn some bosses by just fail and error - but some will need you to research your stuff. That's a healthy mix.

Every 8.1 change was advocated by him for the players. Ion is arguably one of only higher-ups for WoW that plays the game at a high level of difficulty. He's the only thread left from the rope that connects player and developer critic; WoW would probably be a lot worst without him.

And seeing as his development cycle for BFA likely started during the end of Uldir; you can see how many of the bosses were engaging (although the atmosphere, maybe not so much) and the Battle for Daza'Alor's pure fun encounters and unique features.

And by spamming devs with incompetent and unformal posts will likely not change anything in the game because you look like your a pretty unloyal subscriber to the game who'll quit as soon as something upsets them; whereas the wellspoken and outspoken posts have all actually happened each time in the last 2 years. Remember when we stopped mocking Blizzard and rudely asking for classic we got nothing, but when petitions, formal videos and posts happened we got it. Be constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falynn1 View Post
    calm down, I was speaking of my own opinion... I also never said "if you don't like it, quit" I was agreeing that many who don't like "all" of it still enjoy what they do, and continue to play
    I'm perfectly calm. But my point stands. Saying "It's amazing" with nothing else is just the positive version of saying "It's shit!" - neither is really meaningful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    OP is really going hard on the fanboyhood, but Ion is not really a bad dev.

I think that he and the dev team have some bad philosophies, but when it comes to delivering content and improvements, they 99/100 times make something good which is not something that can be said about a bunch of other games. Ion is also just a general respectful guy and an enjoyment to hear talk, so im really happy with him as game director.

What the rest of the team does, i can't stand much in for. The class team kinda sucks, especially when it comes to their designs of spec fantasy, and the lore department.....70% of the time, i have really no idear what they are doing and sometime suspects them either of being lazy or trying to make "bad" story on purpose.
    except Ion isn't a dev (he's a manager) and if someone is the director they are responsible for the performance of their teams so if the class team sucks and nothing is changed, it's on Ion.

I read that and thought of laylock... Must be a blizz exec sounds like they are on the same intelligence level. The game is fine guyz here buy this new mount.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    The game is OK i guess but what really grinds my gears is the shitty story but how much does Ion have a say in that?
    He's the game director. He has EVERYTHING to say in it. He doesn't hand-hold every person on the team, that's impossible, but he's responsible for the overall direction the game is taking. If the story department is failing, it falls first on the lead writer, and then on the director, as he's supposed to keep everything under his wraps.

But this is all from our player point of view. The devs are disconnected from the playerbase, so to them, everything may be just fine the way it's going. The story is good, the butchery performed on classes since Cataclysm is instead "keeping up with the times" (except if we wanted to play a 3rd person MOBA, we could play Smite and save ourselves the grind and sub money), RNG systems are a perfect way of binding players to the game. Who knows for sure? Only Blizzard does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar2 View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas is one of the lead game designers for WoW. You probably already know this. You probably know him from the Q&As and hate threads. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but let me enlighten you on a few things and try show a mature view.

- Ion Hazzikostas's job is the overall vision of the game, plus dungeon and raid content - now let's see why this is important. Ion was working on Legion up until the release of 7.3, with him still having focus on Legion after the patches release for a few weeks. This means he worked on BFA with full force in about February. That means 6 months. Now let's look at his roles:

Overall vision of the game - Ion seems to have been very easy with accepting the GCD changes, and pushed that change as soon as it became a prevalent problem. The actual encounters of most dungeon and raid bosses are actually very engaging to play and learn with various difficulties; yes, you can learn some bosses by just fail and error - but some will need you to research your stuff. That's a healthy mix.

Every 8.1 change was advocated by him for the players. Ion is arguably one of only higher-ups for WoW that plays the game at a high level of difficulty. He's the only thread left from the rope that connects player and developer critic; WoW would probably be a lot worst without him.

And seeing as his development cycle for BFA likely started during the end of Uldir; you can see how many of the bosses were engaging (although the atmosphere, maybe not so much) and the Battle for Daza'Alor's pure fun encounters and unique features.

And by spamming devs with incompetent and unformal posts will likely not change anything in the game because you look like your a pretty unloyal subscriber to the game who'll quit as soon as something upsets them; whereas the wellspoken and outspoken posts have all actually happened each time in the last 2 years. Remember when we stopped mocking Blizzard and rudely asking for classic we got nothing, but when petitions, formal videos and posts happened we got it. Be constructive
    We already know that Ion gets the raids and (less so) dungeon part just fine. The problem is that he simply doesn't care (or plainly doesn't understand) about everything else in the game. As of him listening to feedback... Alpha and beta forums described with a lot of precision the problems we're having right now, aaaaand... that's right, all that quality feedback was ignored.

And the part in bold... wow, just wow. Are you REALLY implying that people who unsub are unable or unworthy to provide good feedback?
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-12-16 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

At least Jaylock provided some opinions when suckin hard on poppa blizz's dick. This shit troll/bait thread is a new low even for mmo-c.

Literally every other modern MMO is built for longevity in all of its content being not just replayable, but with worthy rewards and enjoyment no matter the current xpac/DLC/whatever. In ESO/GW2 I can go back and do the very first raids, dungeons, events, ANYTHING for relevant rewards. I am ALWAYS progressing. But WoW be like: "LOL MAX LEVEL OR GTFO DOUCHE BAG" even for simple features and old content is irrelevant other than collecting shitty mogs that are literally painted onto your characters skin woo sounds like fun bruh. And then you run out of content in a fucking week or two from xpac launch.
    Fortunately, GW2 and ESO are so badly managed that they can't help but assist Blizzard's dominance in the MMO market. And XIV doesn't compete with WoW in any meaningful sense, because XIV taps into an entire section of the market that WoW has no real interest in.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP there is one big mistake you made with your thread/post, and that is posting something that you see as positive on these forums.. The bulk of the people on this forum hate with a passion positive threads/posts..

"Most people don't agree with my opinion so I don't want them posting on my forums"