The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its finaly a friday:
    Every time I see one of your jojos gif, my desire to watch the show decreases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Every time I see one of your jojos gif, my desire to watch the show decreases.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jojo actually looks even more disgusting than I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It was written by Mari Okada and is praised to the moon and back by r/Anime, so obviously it's yet another oscar-bait anime where characters talk about their feelings and there's sobbing to melancholic piano music every ten minutes
    When you start out with shit like this, we know you're watching it just to shit on it so spare us your blogs. We know you don't like much else besides shounen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    When you start out with shit like this, we know you're watching it just to shit on it so spare us your blogs. We know you don't like much else besides shounen.
    He is not wrong though - that show is way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    He is not wrong though - that show is way overrated.
    Alternatively, you're both two gigantic morons, who thinks they know vastly more than they really do just because they saw random ass youtubers say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Alternatively, you're both two gigantic morons, who thinks they know vastly more than they really do just because they saw random ass youtubers say it.
    Woo no need for name calling dude. My opinion is mine and mine alone. I care not for what some youtubers have to say about shows. You'd best stop projecting your own behavior onto others - it looks sad and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    When you start out with shit like this, we know you're watching it just to shit on it so spare us your blogs.
    Oh no, I never said that it was shit. If it was, I wouldn't have binged all the way to episode 21 last night. I want to finish it tonight. I just thought it was overhyped and couldn't help but chuckle when stuff like this happened:

Chisaki: "Do you love Manaka, Hikari?"
    Hikari: "Hm..."
    Kaname: "Who do you love, Hikari?"
    Hikari: "I love Manaka."
    Chisaki: "How could you do that Hikari? You're terrible!"
    Chisaki bolts out of the school in tears
    Kaname: "WTH man"

Thoughts so far, up to episode 21:
    Man, I feel sorry for Lord Uroko and Tsumugu, both being victims of unrequited love. I'm guessing that since Miuna loves the sea, she'll become the sea gods new wife? I'm rooting for Tsumugu to get Chisaki, but I think he deserves better. That girl hasn't been able to move on from a girl who there was absolutely no indication that he'd come back within her lifetime. Also, Tsumugu's pretty cool; he's the Gaius of Nagi no Asukura, as whenever I go online I see people hating on him for being "boring", but he's the rock of the group. Been holing up his feelings living in the next room over all this time. I squeed when he started caressing her face... only for selfish dick to interrupt. I'm lowkey hoping that, Hannah_Ana's prediction come true ("Kaname is going to walk in on Tsumugu and Chisaki sharing a kiss and go hang himself in a closet." ).

And that brings us to the problem with love triangles: you're encouraging the audience to take sides, but only one side will win, so inevitably a portion of your audience will be disappointed with the resolution. Now, make every character in the series involved in a love dodecahedron, and you've set yourself up for a situation where only a handful of people are going to be completely satisfied with the ending.

We know you don't like much else besides shounen.
    Only 4 of my 10 favorites on MAL are shounen...

- - - Updated - - -

Finished Nagi no Asukara - 4/10

It was every bit the overly longwinded and pretentious oscar bait show it was for the first 21 episodes, and somehow managed to become even more so for the last five episodes. 90% of the screentime was spent on characters talking about their FEELINGS; even the finale pulled a NGE ending with everyone standing around monologuing about FEELINGS.

If I had a quarter for every time someone sobbed in this show, I could buy a couple of new Warframes!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-15 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight, fight, fight, fight.

Also Nagi no Asukara is good, better than most of the recent P.A. Works shows.

WTB Hanasaku Iroha quality back though.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of love triangles, I think the best ones are when both girls are enjoyable characters, and it's a win for the watcher no matter which one is picked. When it's an obvious choice, like Mayo Chiki (where there aren't really any competitors), or Toradora, then you lose out on the excitement of finding out. Granted, those are two of my favorite romance shows, so obviously that doesn't detract from it, but still. Or, if one of the choices is just terrible, like Suzuka. The best one I've seen so far that is true triangle is Fuuka. Both characters were good choices, though I guess the excitement is a little bit lost when the show title is named after one of them.

On another note, I'm currently watching Engaged to the Unidentified. The show seems to be less about the guy, and more about his little sister getting along with the family so far. Either way, Kobeni seems like prime waifu material, and adorable to boot.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-12-16 at 08:22 AM.

HASHIRE SORI YO
    KAZE NO YOU NI
    TSUKIMIHARA WO
    HOMU HOMU

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Fight, fight, fight, fight.

Also Nagi no Asukara is good, better than most of the recent P.A. Works shows.

WTB Hanasaku Iroha quality back though.
    Iroha is also Mari Okada, ignoring that she wasnt really involved that much 70% of the shows she gets most of the credit for so you better watch out it might not be good.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    -video-

Wish China would do more like this rather than continuously pushing out CG show after CG show.
    Still waiting for Master Jiang and the Six Kingdoms to come out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oh no, I never said that it was shit. If it was, I wouldn't have binged all the way to episode 21 last night. I want to finish it tonight. I just thought it was overhyped and couldn't help but chuckle when stuff like this happened:

Chisaki: "Do you love Manaka, Hikari?"
    Hikari: "Hm..."
    Kaname: "Who do you love, Hikari?"
    Hikari: "I love Manaka."
    Chisaki: "How could you do that Hikari? You're terrible!"
    Chisaki bolts out of the school in tears
    Kaname: "WTH man"

Thoughts so far, up to episode 21:
    Man, I feel sorry for Lord Uroko and Tsumugu, both being victims of unrequited love. I'm guessing that since Miuna loves the sea, she'll become the sea gods new wife? I'm rooting for Tsumugu to get Chisaki, but I think he deserves better. That girl hasn't been able to move on from a girl who there was absolutely no indication that he'd come back within her lifetime. Also, Tsumugu's pretty cool; he's the Gaius of Nagi no Asukura, as whenever I go online I see people hating on him for being "boring", but he's the rock of the group. Been holing up his feelings living in the next room over all this time. I squeed when he started caressing her face... only for selfish dick to interrupt. I'm lowkey hoping that, Hannah_Ana's prediction come true ("Kaname is going to walk in on Tsumugu and Chisaki sharing a kiss and go hang himself in a closet." ).

And that brings us to the problem with love triangles: you're encouraging the audience to take sides, but only one side will win, so inevitably a portion of your audience will be disappointed with the resolution. Now, make every character in the series involved in a love dodecahedron, and you've set yourself up for a situation where only a handful of people are going to be completely satisfied with the ending.

Only 4 of my 10 favorites on MAL are shounen...

- - - Updated - - -

Finished Nagi no Asukara - 4/10

It was every bit the overly longwinded and pretentious oscar bait show it was for the first 21 episodes, and somehow managed to become even more so for the last five episodes. 90% of the screentime was spent on characters talking about their FEELINGS; even the finale pulled a NGE ending with everyone standing around monologuing about FEELINGS.

If I had a quarter for every time someone sobbed in this show, I could buy a couple of new Warframes!
    you keep calling this show oscar bait. do you even had any idea what that term means? because you're using it incorrectly

bud, no offense but your posts are pure cancer. i really wish you'd keep them on mal or whatever anime website you spend most of your time on. you fit right in with the mouthbreathers there

it's amazing how fast people get infracted for calling someone an idiot in this thread (especially considering 99% of general offtopic is trolling, baiting, and insulting) when there was like a full page of spoilers on 3595 that no one cares about

Why does Goblin Slayer need a recap episode for a 12 episode run?

they're going to try to upgrade his cgi from 4 fps to 5 fps for the last couple of episodes

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they're going to try to upgrade his cgi from 4 fps to 5 fps for the last couple of episodes
    Best thing about it is High Elf Archer or Cowgirl or Guild Girl or Priestess or Women Mage or Sword Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Best thing about it is High Elf Archer or Cowgirl or Guild Girl or Priestess or Women Mage or Sword Maiden.