Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanaheimr View Post
    Actually, the only thing the soldiers did as ''their own thing'' was pillaging Taurajo. General Hawthorne ordered its sacking, and that wasn't just ''soldiers doing their own thing.''
    Was he dealt with?

Yes

"For his own part, High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof accepted that Camp Taurajo was a legitimate military target, as they did train hunters and warriors there, and knew that Hawthorne refused to have its civilians slaughtered"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Was he delt with?
    He was. What stops the alliance from dealing with us?

I just despise the bullshit that alliance are angels while the Horde are war criminals. Both factions do stupid and terrible shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You doubt my loyalty in our spiritual liege? Harsh.
    Yo btw. Delaryn dies in the warfront, you might not have to get that t shirt!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about inconsistencies in writing. :|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I'm not out of the woods yet. Warfront deaths are non-canon.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'm not out of the woods yet. Warfront deaths are non-canon.
    Hehe that's why I said might XD.

Size XL Anduin shirt
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I just despise the bullshit that alliance are angels while the Horde are war criminals. Both factions do stupid and terrible shit.
    Sure, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that the Alliance has done just as much stupid and terrible shit as the Horde. You could back in Wrath of the Lich King, perhaps, but after Southshore, Hillsbrad, Gilneas, Theramore and Teldrassil? No, you can't.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. Both factions have bad crap on their sides. The horde just seems more monstrous because of the impact on the land (blight etc etc) and blizzard can't be bothered to make the alliance a viable aggressor.

Especially in this day when both sides can be played, faction bias is a foolish errand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Sure, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that the Alliance has done just as much stupid and terrible shit as the Horde. You could back in Wrath of the Lich King, perhaps, but after Southshore, Hillsbrad, Gilneas, Theramore and Teldrassil? No, you can't.
    Never said they did equal terrible shit. I just said they both do terrible shit, some might do worse than others.

And I *could* do it with a straight face, I just won't, as I don't like telling lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''That was a legitimate target!!!!oneone!one! Theramore and this pandalady wasnt! HURRDURRRR!!!'''
    This I disagree with though.

The list for towns is far more on the side of horde rather than alliance.

It's not really about legitimate targets. It's about conduct and the story being retconned every third paragraph.

E.g
    1. Stonetalon. Gets bombed by the horde. Garrosh throws a commander for dishonorable conduct.
    2. Icecrown. Horde backstabs alliance forces attacking scourge. Both parties lose scourge wins. Garrosh reprimands.
    Fast forward. Garrosh approves theramore with a mana bomb and the citizens are taken for sport.

1. Teldrassil. Half a book written on how the plan is to use it to divide the alliance.
    2. Forsaken have free will and are given a choice
    Fast forward: burns the tree commiting wide scale genocide. Tortures and now proudmoore is being "conditioned".

Like it or not. Blizzard has decimated the "savage honorbound" horde. With cata they began it. With mop they made the coffin. With WoD they showed that regardless of change or choice the orcs still took the fel even with a whole new timeline to show a different color. And finally with BfA under sylvanas the horde is nailed again.

Think about it. The horde besides the forsaken is conflicted in what it does. Only the forsaken are totally fine with it. You go to darkshore all the forsaken assassin's have lines like
    "She will rule forever"
    "The horde will always be hers"
    Only one other warchief talked like that.

It's not so much that the alliance does shitty things too. But the shit the alliance does feels like ametuer hour compared to the wierdness the horde seems to be afflicted with.

Solution? Actually give the alliance some balls and make them do stupid things rather than "ride in on my shiny pony to show these orc dogs the light!"

Whenever the Alliance shows some balls and becomes proactive, Horde fanboys immediately label them as villains. Just look at Jaina. She had enough of the Horde and wanted to destroy Orgrimmar and purged Dalaran, and some Horde fanboys are still calling her a crazy witch to this day. For many Horde players, the Alliance is evil even when they just want to retaliate, like Jaina did in Tides of War. And that's the problem.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    No she doesn't, she vanishes once you get her to low health.

Secondly, if we took warfronts seriously, Muradin, Turalyon, Danath, Etrigg, Rokhan and Liadrin would all be dead.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2018-12-16 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    No she doesn't, she vanishes once you get her to low health.

Secondly, if we took warfronts seriously, Muradin, Turalyon, Danath, Etrigg, Rokhan and Liadrin would all be dead.
    i know its not. it was a joke about a claim he made ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    And how is she supposed to know that peace would be inevitable, even after 50 years? Does she have visions of the future like Ner'zhul?
    Idk.. you're the one with the void and old gods in your head. You tell us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yes you only kill the fucking doctor instead of the soldiers. You only commit the part that would be an actual warcrime truely the horde is so noble lol.
    This isn't real life where injuries take months/years to recover or maybe even never. So the injured are basically civilians. Injured are just waiting to get back up and fight once the healer walks over to them.In Warcraft a healer can instantly heal you with a spell. Healers need to die first.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    They worship the Lich Queen? Did you expect the new Scourge to be principled?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    You monsters! What did that panda ever do to you?

Edit: She was a Pandaren healer last seen in MoP that was targeted and killed for healing civilians in an eNeMY hospital. (Pandas finally get some attention, and its to kill them.) Along with the rest of the non-combatant nurses. Goddamn. Lead by Lidrian too. You know, the witch responsible for burning down churches back in BC? Well, now she's back to her old schemes of attacking soft targets. Turalyon was right to kick her out of the Silver Hand.

Nian: This is a house of peace for the injured. Have you no respect for the injured?

Nurse: I am no fighter. But I will give my life to protect these injured.

Nian: Please...the people here...need healing...As do you...
    So what is wrong with burning down a church vs any other building..?

Deleted
    Looking at the current story of the Horde, could it be that Blizzard writes the Horde to pander more towards a far-rightwing/Alt-Right/Gamergate audience? I mean, the focus seems to be to pander towards feelings of nationalism, the glorification of war and warcrimes, victim-mentality and the justification of aggressive actions through it, personality cult and the utter renouncement of values like peace, tolerance, forgiveness or empathy. Looking at the community, the Horde Community seems to be the more aggressive one and comes off as the more right-leaning community

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Yrel did nothing wrong.
    I mean can you blame her? look at the original timeline, so far the only orc that did anything good is Thrall and we all know why, people call him green human for some reason. borxigar did something similar, but guess who sent him on the mission on first place ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It just gets annoying that stuff like this gets thrown around by faction partisans, despite the fact that they have done things ten times worse prior. On both sides.

The bickering is getting really tedious.
    its because every time you bring up burning of the world tree, suddenly out of nowhere, sylvanas fans pop up and start defending and rationalizing her actions in a way you sometimes wonder if its a "rearrange the words to make a sentence" kind of game.

so then we have to point out other smaller things that is usually considered background noise or unwanted casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I suggest you educate yourself a little more, then.
    Some of our largest leaps in technology have come during times of war, mainly due to necessity. I'm not sure that qualifies as good when you consider the cost, but in absolute terms many of the technologies discovered during war have pretty normal every day applications that increase QoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Looking at the current story of the Horde, could it be that Blizzard writes the Horde to pander more towards a far-rightwing/Alt-Right/Gamergate audience? I mean, the focus seems to be to pander towards feelings of nationalism, the glorification of war and warcrimes, victim-mentality and the justification of aggressive actions through it, personality cult and the utter renouncement of values like peace, tolerance, forgiveness or empathy. Looking at the community, the Horde Community seems to be the more aggressive one and comes off as the more right-leaning community
    Your really trying to pander those kind of politics..