Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got mine around the time as everyone else did. We found a spanish group that crossed over, we had to play it in super slow motion. We missed a step, then a slower, english speaking crossing group video came out. We had the mount within an hour after. Platform puzzle was FUN!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it already turned into mockery of people openly selling "boosts" . what a joke just becuase of 5 man req
    Sad cause there were groups sellin the green and yellow monocles. haha While there were groups offering free yellow chest. The green one was cake to do. Red was the only monocle that was a pita. *i failed twice...once due to internet pooping out. other cause i bought ONE of the final item needed..instead of 5*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I just finished all four monocles. I lost about 1500 gold b/c I tried to do multiple parts of Vash'jir trading game at once; the items only have a 5 minute duration so you have to do them one at a time. I downloaded a Hivemind add-on to insert all the colors for the Halls of Origination contellation; it took awhile to insert but kept my sanity. Now I've just got to wait for my guildies to get their monocles. Of course I realize I only needed to get 1 of these myself... but where's the fun in that?
    I failed the red one twice. cost me 6k ish, all good! sexy mount!!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    It's quite sad seeing the amount of people saying they won't do it because it requires 5 players. You really don't know 4 other people you could do this with?
    Hell, I pugged it even.

Doing the jumping with just text because we didnt use voice chat was a bit of trial and error until we got ourselves sorted but it wasn't really that problematic.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Trick with jumping was to have 1 person coordinate. I just cut/pasted like "3 FFLF" from the pastebin. Worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    This was fun, shout out to my pug 5 man who stuck it out

- - - Updated - - -

lots of people with lots of good and bad ideas
    We had an awesome group as well. took about 2.5h or so from beams to mount. There were LOTS of groups on the cats parts. We were at the same point as everyone else at the time, the platform puzzle. Nobody had crossed..then suddenly a spanish video of a group made it...followed by an english speaking group. We had ours within 40 mins or so after seein that video clip!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    It's quite sad seeing the amount of people saying they won't do it because it requires 5 players. You really don't know 4 other people you could do this with?
    Yea..it is sad. I know 2 guys that won't do it cause they don't wanna pug it. I had a great group, we had no idea what we were doin for a good hour, we recorded steps, made spreadsheets etc..until vids starting coming out of groups crossing over. It really does take patience to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Hell, I pugged it even.

Doing the jumping with just text because we didnt use voice chat was a bit of trial and error until we got ourselves sorted but it wasn't really that problematic.
    When we started my voice worked fine. then i dc'd and the group headphone was gone. They had to type my movements in group,while others had voice T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Trick with jumping was to have 1 person coordinate. I just cut/pasted like "3 FFLF" from the pastebin. Worked fine.
    Yea. our group leader gave instructions and we moved.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else feel the platform puzzle was like a WoW version of Qbert and hopscotch?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

You don't even need to do any requirements all you need is a 5 man group, you can just go underneath Court of Stars via a glitch and cheese the hell out the mount.
    Last edited by Reaped; 2018-12-17 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Blizzard should sneak in a secret with a mount reward, where the puzzle involves translating the Voynich manuscript, or providing an algorithm for fast prime factorisation. They'd do it in a week.

P.S. How many crazy secrets are in the game now?

-TBC: Shawn’s Glowing Diamond Ring [Shawn dialogue tree]
    -Cata: Grey Riding Camel [Mysterious Camel Figurine]
    -WoD: Voidtalon of the Dark Star [Edge of Reality portal]
    -Legion: Riddler's Mind Worm [Pages scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Kosumoth the Hungering [Orb scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Sun Darter Hatchling [Winterspring cave puzzle]
    -Legion: Lucid Nightmare [Notes scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Vial of Green Goo [Endgineer Omegaplugg fight in Gadgetzan]
    -Legion: Blackened Defias Armor Ensemble [Deadmines hidden Rogue quest]
    -Legion: Dark Ranger's Hood [Hidden quest in Hunter garrison]
    -BFA: Waist of Time & Baa'l [Pebble scavenger hunt]
    -BFA: Nazjatar Blood Serpent [Collect Abyssal Fragments]
    -BFA: Hivemind [Griftah's four puzzles]

Off the top of my head. Feel like I'm missing some.

Terki the white baby murloc pet? Though it was hidden in an underwater cave that was in the middle of nowhere in Northrend

Quote Originally Posted by Reaped View Post
    You don't even need to do any requirements all you need is a 5 man group, you can just go underneath Court of Stars via a glitch and cheese the hell out the mount.
    Blizzard (Celestalon) already stated they will ban people for cheesing their way around doing the puzzles.

https://i.imgur.com/SVkVQfQ.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Blizzard should sneak in a secret with a mount reward, where the puzzle involves translating the Voynich manuscript, or providing an algorithm for fast prime factorisation. They'd do it in a week.

P.S. How many crazy secrets are in the game now?

-TBC: Shawn’s Glowing Diamond Ring [Shawn dialogue tree]
    -Cata: Grey Riding Camel [Mysterious Camel Figurine]
    -WoD: Voidtalon of the Dark Star [Edge of Reality portal]
    -Legion: Riddler's Mind Worm [Pages scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Kosumoth the Hungering [Orb scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Sun Darter Hatchling [Winterspring cave puzzle]
    -Legion: Lucid Nightmare [Notes scavenger hunt]
    -Legion: Vial of Green Goo [Endgineer Omegaplugg fight in Gadgetzan]
    -Legion: Blackened Defias Armor Ensemble [Deadmines hidden Rogue quest]
    -Legion: Dark Ranger's Hood [Hidden quest in Hunter garrison]
    -BFA: Waist of Time & Baa'l [Pebble scavenger hunt]
    -BFA: Nazjatar Blood Serpent [Collect Abyssal Fragments]
    -BFA: Hivemind [Griftah's four puzzles]

Off the top of my head. Feel like I'm missing some.
    Missing the scarlet crusader transmog you can get from the darkmoon faire if you wear the tabard

Quote Originally Posted by LeetHaxor View Post
    Blizzard (Celestalon) already stated they will ban people for cheesing their way around doing the puzzles.

https://i.imgur.com/SVkVQfQ.png
    The guys a game designer for HS, who gives a crap what he says, the hole in the floor has been there all expansion. I doubt anyone will get banned. but people can do it properly if they so wish. You have people selling it for gold doing it that way of though. so that's a lot of people getting "banned" if they do end up going that root. but you have speed runners doing glitches in old raids/dungeons for mount/gear farming, so nothing will happen.
    Last edited by Reaped; 2018-12-17 at 12:31 AM.

Pugged it yesterday at the same time as the platform puzzle got solved. It was awesome to work on the void puzzle without any guide or information on how to solve it. Made new friends, got a group screenshot with all our mounts and had a lot of fun!

got mine. thanks for posting this up

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Missing the scarlet crusader transmog you can get from the darkmoon faire if you wear the tabard
    I was debating whether to put that in, since it's just a matter of paying gold.

I guess it is hidden though. In it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Terki the white baby murloc pet? Though it was hidden in an underwater cave that was in the middle of nowhere in Northrend
    Mmmm, yeah that's probably hidden enough to count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahveros View Post
    The people who say stuff like this are the people that don't actively try to find and put together a group. Its not close to impossible to get a group together because everyone will be looking for a group when they get to the part that requires a group. Stop being lazy or stop complaining.
    Not an issue currently, but those after it after BfA would be incredibly hard pressed. It's like trying to get them Garrison raid invasion achievements, trivially easy when everyone was doing them every week during WoD, to becoming next to impossible now due to how rare the summon items are on an individual basis.

I saw this last night on the front page I thought I'd sub again and see if I could get it.

I only did the Green Monocle, so it took more time to fly to the dungeon then to actually get it. It took about 5 minutes to join a group, then maybe 10 minutes for everyone to get in their right spots. I would say from start to finish, it only took maybe 1.5 hours. We did the jumping puzzle first try without even using voice too. Such a great group!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    It's impossible to do it by yourself, join the secrets discord and you'll find out why. Hundreds of People have been brainstorming and trying tons of stuff for days to figure this out.
    I didn't say do it all by yourself. I said the rest of the community that didn't do any of the work should have to do A LITTLE BIT, by taking the time to browse the discord and website of the subset of the community that did do the work. Those are two different things lol.

About the note in Step 2...

My English isn't very good so I wanted to ask: What do you call people that haven't dome any of the hard work but want to join groups and get an easy mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The question is: can those who already acquired the Hivemind mount, help those who are still working to get it? Or does it have to be a group of five people that haven't gotten their mounts yet?
    Yes, people have begun selling the mount :P

You just need a group with one monocle colour each on four people, the fifth doesn't even need one.

Jump on the train now, lots of pugs going on. Just be patient and enjoy the puzzle
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjolmir View Post
    About the note in Step 2...

My English isn't very good so I wanted to ask: What do you call people that haven't dome any of the hard work but want to join groups and get an easy mount?
    You call them customers. Im usually selling any of the 4 monocles whenever people need one. It doesnt take long to do the monocles but I can see how people might want to skip the vashjir or halls of origination parts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I wonder if you can repeat last stage with another group to add more people to your "compatible" list?
    I reckon that Blizz will change that pretty soon - they will allow anyone to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    It's a shame this one requires a group of 5 people. People late to the party may never be able to complete it.
    You know its an mmo. Great if something like this really requires more people. Anyway, there is always going to be enough people, or you can just make friends in the game who to do these things with even if they have completed it.