Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Hivemind Mount

The Hivemind is the new secret mount in Tides of Vengeance. Initially, the mount looked like the Brain of Yogg-Saron (model), however it was later changed to look more like a jellyfish with tentacles.

The Hivemind mount acts as a vehicle however only the last people you completed it with are able to join it. The mount's movement speed will be increased by 10% for every player that joins the vehicle, which is also shown through the Joined Hivemind buff.

If you want to link with different people, you just have to complete the final parts of the puzzle again with a new group.

All Puzzles for the Hivemind have been solved! You can check the guide here: https://warcraft-secrets.com/guides/the-hivemind

If you want the TLDR of this secret then check MMO-Champion's guide here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...d-Mount-Solved

If you want to join for future secrets then you should join the WoW Secret Finding Discord, the community dedicated to solving the puzzles, riddles and various mysteries the game has to offer.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2018-12-17 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed at the work these guys does to solve these puzzles..

Good work guys..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Is it true that the mount is only multi-person with the people you did the quest with?

Means other people won't be able to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Is it true that the mount is only multi-person with the people you did the quest with?

Edit: Yeah, only the people that you completed the ritual with will be able to join your mount.

There is currently a bug, but it will get fixed.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2018-12-17 at 10:12 AM.

Alot ppl are selling this mount for money in trade... what the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Alot ppl are selling this mount for money in trade... what the actual fuck?
    A natural response to making soccer mom content require a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    For now that's how it is. A few people have said that it might get hotfixed, but no one knows if that's intended or not.
    Anyone can join.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-12 at 01:58 PM.

Only the last four people that you completed the ritual with can join your mount.

There is currently a bug where anyone can join it on alts, however that will get fixed.
    Wait, so it isn't even a regular multi-person mount otherwise? I thought only the speed buff required being linked. I agree with the speed boost requiring "effort", but I'd hope it could work as a bog standard multi-person mount anyway.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-12 at 01:58 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was going to be "anyone who has completed the secret can join any hivemind" but I guess not. That's actually quite useless then.

It is a bit shit that now if you move guild you have to relink it again if you want to get guildies to use it who may also have it linked with other people already.

Well, I used mine yesterday all day doing battlegrounds and any random could join my mount.... so IDK about that. We also had the speed buff with randoms on.

To be sure it is at least somewhat usefull, I got mine with a full guild group of mains. Still bugged sometimes, I could enter a hivemind mount and a few minutes later I could not, but other in my group could enter my mount.

Doesnt really make this mount bad, for a few minutes of group time, its one of the easiest to get free mounts. Even the core hound mount took longer to get.

They should allow anyone to jump on, but break the speed buff in mythic+ and PvP instances.

Sorry, but this must have been a bug that was hotfixed or something.

I just did some old World Quest in Azshuna and I grouped with another player to finish it faster. While we waited for the Elite Mob to spawn, I wipped out my Hivemind and he was able to jump in, speedbuff included.

Also the guy didn't own the Hivemind, he even asked me how to get it.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2018-12-17 at 05:52 PM.

Currently, anyone can join a hivemind. Celestalon confirmed this is a bug and will be fixed. It will only work with the 5 people that you last did the hivemind with.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Currently, anyone can join a hivemind. Celestalon confirmed this is a bug and will be fixed. It will only work with the 5 people that you last did the hivemind with.
    Wow, this is stupid.

I get that they want to keep the speedbuff limited, but the multipassenger feature is no issue at all.

Well, I think what it will mean, is that at the highest levels of play you'll see mythic+ and PvP teams going through and linking to the same hivemind, and getting an advantage over everybody else. That's why they should block the mounted speed advantage from mythic+ and PvP instances.

Only the last four people that you completed the ritual with can join your mount.

There is currently a bug where anyone can join it on alts, however that will get fixed.
    Random people I've never met before can join my mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, this is stupid.

I get that they want to keep the speedbuff limited, but the multipassenger feature is no issue at all.
    I wish I would have known that or I would have done the ritual with my friends instead of strangers at 8am on a Sunday...
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-12 at 01:59 PM.

Cool mount, but I expect that they'll either nerf or remove the speed bonus feature, and frankly they should. Having 40% extra mount speed for your group in M+ and rated PvP (Why is it even a thing in these modes to begin with?) will be enough of an advantage that people will only use this mount, and will have to reset their "group" each time by doing the CoS puzzles again and again.

The whole "you can only link with people you most recently completed the puzzles with" thing is terrible. It screws over people who did the mount hunt with a pug group, or who want to help out another friend after completing it once. It's already going to be hard enough to find a group for people who join the game or resub a few months down the line, now they'll also get declined by most people they ask because they don't want to mess up their original "team".

Exactly. The speed bonus needs to be disabled in mythic+ and PvP instances.