Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, at the risk of the Off-topic mod's spidey sense tingling and banning me...

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Looking at the current story of the Horde, could it be that Blizzard writes the Horde to pander more towards a far-rightwing/Alt-Right/Gamergate audience?
    If so, it's a caricature of it, which wouldn't be surprising from Californians.

I mean, the focus seems to be to pander towards feelings of nationalism
    Where does the Horde display nationalism? They display "me orc me smash, stinky lady give me things to smash".

the glorification of war and warcrimes, victim-mentality and the justification of aggressive actions through it
    These may be neo-con values, but they're sure as hell not right wing. Neo-cons do their best to con people into accepting these things under a very thin veneer of right wing arguments, all in order to make profits.

personality cult
    Do you really want me to list all the leftist cult leaders? Right wing thought does not lend itself to personality cults.

and the utter renouncement of values like peace, tolerance, forgiveness or empathy.
    So this is bait, then? Or just blatant bias and complete ignorance of actual right wing thought?

Looking at the community, the Horde Community seems to be the more aggressive one and comes off as the more right-leaning community
    As portrayed, their closest real world analogy is a Communist dictatorship. The individual is nothing but cannon fodder or a farm animal, only the collective matters (For the Horde!). There is a driving aggression to spread their system, largely to gain resources to fuel it. The displayed values (any means necessary, nothing is too shady, naked aggression) are entirely opposite to stated (strength and honor, build a world where they live in peace). There is relentless promotion of the Dear Leader... er Warchief, whose will is absolute. Everyone is equal, but the leaders are more equal. Seriously, this has to be bait, or you wear hipster glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    So, Boralus, Horde invasion: we attack hospital and kill head mistveawer.

Another glorious honorful victory for mistaken underdog honorable noble savage morally grey faction! I even got praised by our Light-loving paladin lady that turned from her evil ways back in TBC.

Can we please have orphanage blighting WQ next?
    Just think of the glory of eliminating dozens of future "they will conquer us" Alliance soldiers at once!

"Been there, done that"

ISAF command (2003-2018)

And please, more of this. From both sides.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post

IF you knew something about Hitler or Natzis or Forsaken or Sylvanas you would know just how wrong you were. She shares none of the ideology and none of the shit done by them.

But labels are cool in your opinion i suppose...
    Devils advocate n all that, but unless it was removed in the late stages of the PTR, the forsaken run night elf death camps.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Well Cenarius is dead, for both occasions
    What? He's alive and kicking in Hyjal during Cataclysm, and he explicitly survived his fight in EN, looking no worse for wear as soon as we kill Xavius.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Huh, it's weird, you'd almost think this game was written by license hopping rejects working for an Activision puppet company.

IF you knew something about Hitler or Natzis or Forsaken or Sylvanas you would know just how wrong you were. She shares none of the ideology and none of the shit done by them.
    She thinks that the Undead are the master race, since she wants to kill every man, woman and child in Stormwind and raise them as Undead to "free them from the shackles of mortality" (this is called GENOCIDE), and many of her mooks in Darkshore even yell "DEATH IS THE ONLY WAY!". She even estabilished a concentration camp on the ruins of the town of Hillsbrad, where Humans from all over Lordaeron were brought to work as slaves for the Forsaken in obscene conditions. Oh, and obviously the whole concept of the War of Thorns, a war meant to assure Horde dominance on Kalimdor, is very similar to the concept of Lebensraum. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the parallels.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-12-17 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Ah yes, classic 'Whataboutisms'....
    Well yeah of course and in this case i think its justified to point it out.

You cant claim one faction is pure and lawful good and deride another faction for doing something 'bad' then do the same exact thing.

Another glorious honorful victory for mistaken underdog honorable noble savage morally grey faction! I even got praised by our Light-loving paladin lady that turned from her evil ways back in TBC.

Just think of the glory of eliminating dozens of future "they will conquer us" Alliance soldiers at once!

After everything the horde has done in this expansion,I see no possible redemption for it. They started this war,they show their true nature during it - they play without the rules and only the Saurfang cares about the honor - though,I doubt that he even knows that it means,if he was up for the unprovoked slaughtering of the night elves up until the moment Sylvanas ordered to destroy Teldrassil.

7+ Year Old Account
    *meh*

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you want actual war, both sides will be bad. There's nothing "good" about war.
    exactly * looking at Saurfang*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

>Generic quest to kill an NPC

>Liadrin happens to be the person to comment on your quest success, giving a generic "good job" message

>Windowlickers screaming about what a bad person Liadrin is and how they totally knew she'd do this and blah blah blah

Holy fuck lol.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-12-17 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats the gist of it.
    i believe the alliance has no story whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

OT : after seeing what Aundin did in BFA cinematic, i would totally kill every healer.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    After everything the horde has done in this expansion,I see no possible redemption for it. They started this war,they show their true nature during it - they play without the rules and only the Saurfang cares about the honor - though,I doubt that he even knows that it means,if he was up for the unprovoked slaughtering of the night elves up until the moment Sylvanas ordered to destroy Teldrassil.
    Horde players might as well come to terms , because you know Sylvannas will not be warchief after BFA. Was surprised to see Liadrin order that attack on the hospital. Alot of key characters are changing for the worse. If you don't like deathcamps, a female hitler as your leader, mass genocide. The alliance is for you.

It's so morally grey I'm going colorblind!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's so morally grey I'm going colorblind!
    aren't you very tired !

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Horde players might as well come to terms , because you know Sylvannas will not be warchief after BFA. Was surprised to see Liadrin order that attack on the hospital. Alot of key characters are changing for the worse. If you don't like deathcamps, a female hitler as your leader, mass genocide. The alliance is for you.
    Yea,wonder how people who are fans of your mentioned female hitler dare to say,that horde is misunderstood and not evil.

Oh the Horde did not comply with the Azeroth Geneva convention? We should file a formal complaint to the UN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having a horde leader taking the spotlight for a single expansion. Hyjal was in danger due to Deathwing, Ragnaros and much worse stuff than the Horde did in Ashenvale. Friendly reminder that between MoP and legion we had Anduin(Black Prince shenenigans and landfall campaign), Velen, Khadgar, Turalyon, Tyrande, Malfurion, Alleria, Maiev and other Alliance superheroes in charge. This was far more thinning the motivations, especially during Legion. I felt numb and avoid during the plot due to the lack of represantation for the red team.
    how in blazes can you be so biased, in a video game, that allows you to play both sides and is supported by paid subscriptions? You do realize none of these characters actually exist right?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    >Generic quest to kill an NPC

>Liadrin happens to be the person to comment on your quest success, giving a generic "good job" message

>Windowlickers screaming about what a bad person Liadrin is and how they totally knew she'd do this and blah blah blah

Holy fuck lol.
    We could make a TV show out of this concept lmao.

7+ Year Old Account

Ah yes, dindus at work again. Funny and kinda unsettling how some people try to justify stuff like that. "But we kill healers all the timez!!!11", *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    What? He's alive and kicking in Hyjal during Cataclysm, and he explicitly survived his fight in EN, looking no worse for wear as soon as we kill Xavius.
    Because you Resurect him near the end of the lvl80+zone, while the Ashenvale offensive happens much earlier and really? might be stuck in the dream again dunno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Devils advocate n all that, but unless it was removed in the late stages of the PTR, the forsaken run night elf death camps.
    Where exactly? There is killing of Kaldorei guerilla fighters, but none of that as far as i know