Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How do you know what President Putin is thinking? especially if he gets desperate enough, dictators are not known to care about anyone but themselves.
    I doubt very much he's closer to dropping the bomb than was Khrushchev. For it to even be in the realm of possibility we'd have to be knocking on Moscow's door in an all out war to the death, which is itself a very unlikely scenario. More likely is he bites off more than he can chew trying to expand into a former Soviet Sattelite state with whom we have a defense treaty and we punch him in the mouth and watch him slither back to Moscow. Even that scenario is unlikely, as he has way more to lose than to gain, and he hasn't behaved in an irrational manner thus far. The most likely scenario by far is he does precisely jack shit of significance. So far he's only expanded into Russian enclaves within countries that we have no obligation to defend. Unless there are more of those lying around, I think he's about done.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I doubt very much he's closer to dropping the bomb than was Khrushchev. For it to even be in the realm of possibility we'd have to be knocking on Moscow's door in an all out war to the death, which is itself a very unlikely scenario. More likely is he bites off more than he can chew trying to expand into a former Soviet Sattelite state with whom we have a defense treaty and we punch him in the mouth and watch him slither back to Moscow. Even that scenario is unlikely, as he has way more to lose than to gain, and he hasn't behaved in an irrational manner thus far. The most likely scenario by far is he does precisely jack shit of significance. So far he's only expanded into Russian enclaves within countries that we have no obligation to defend. Unless there are more of those lying around, I think he's about done.
    I would tend to agree. Putin is a dictator, but he's not suicidal. He knows full well that an attack on any NATO signatory would be the end of his regime.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Oh, on the contrary. The truth is really simple.
    The truth is that your dear precious rule of law is worthless.
    It's only worth as much as you can enforce it. And now a new worldpower is rising up that doesn't play by those rules.
    China doesn't like it when you imprison one of their citizens, so they retaliate by locking up your citizens. That is how the real world works.

And I understand that feeling.
    What authority does the US-DOJ have over this woman? She's not an American citizen, she didn't vote for their laws nor for their government.
    She didn't even choose to be an American citizen. What power do US laws have over her?

Try again, it's the other way around.
    We are the biggest threat to freedom and human rights.
    Any win for China is a win for the free world.
    Ok you've completely exposed yourself for what you are. I tried to explain it to you but you seem hell bent on not only disregarding what is established law and practices but seem to be willfully ignorant of how the law works. If a person commits a crime against another nation, that nation can issue an arrest warrant for that individual. If that person enters the country of origin of said warrant, they can legally arrest them. Or in the case of Meng, Canada acting according to treaty, arrested her for the U.S. and will extraditite her.

Rule of law is not worthless. Rule of law is what separates us from animals. It's what separates us from authoritarian regimes like China. It's what prevents people like Trump from doing anything they want. Rule of law, with the Constitution as it's foundation is why I believe in the United States and will not give in to bitterness or doubt.

Governments are never perfect, but those established under the rule of law are the best we can hope for. What China is doing is not how the "real" world works. It's how despotic nations work under authoritarian rule with no respect for law, justice or individual freedom. They only respect what's best for their rulers. If that's what you think is right then I humbly invite you to move to China so you can experience it for yourself. I would happily wait to hear your lamentations of lost freedoms but sadly I would never have the chance because you would never be allowed to express them.

I am done trying to give you an education. This is the last time I will communicate with you. Your lack of willingness to listen to reason demonstrates a lack of reason itself. I ignore those who lack reason. They are wastes of time. Good luck with your move to China. You will need it.
    Last edited by Budong; 2018-12-17 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    If you were Canadian you should have left China immediately after the woman's arrest, this was entirely predictable. Sad, but predictable.
    what? how would people even know, this is completely off peoples radar until after the fact. Is there a Canadian Hive Mind?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-12-17 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Ok you've completely exposed yourself for what you are. I tried to explain it to you but you seem hell bent on not only disregarding what is established law and practices but seem to be willfully ignorant of how the law works. If a person commits a crime against another nation, that nation can issue an arrest warrant for that individual. If that person enters the country of origin of said warrant, they can legally arrest them. Or in the case of Meng, Canada acting according to treaty, arrested her for the U.S. and will extraditite her.

Rule of law is not worthless. Rule of law is what separates us from animals. It's what separates us from authoritarian regimes like China. It's what prevents people like Trump from doing anything they want. Rule of law, with the Constitution as it's foundation is why I believe in the United States and will not give in to bitterness or doubt.

Governments are never perfect, but those established under the rule of law are the best we can hope for. What China is doing is not how the "real" world works. It's how despotic nations work under authoritarian rule with no respect for law, justice or individual freedom. They only respect what's best for their rulers. If that's what you think is right then I humbly invite you to move to China so you can experience it for yourself. I would happily wait to hear your lamentations of lost freedoms but sadly I would never have the chance because you would never be allowed to express them.

I am done trying to give you an education. This is the last time I will communicate with you. Your lack of willingness to listen to reason demonstrates a lack of reason itself. I ignore those who lack reason. They are wastes of time. Good luck with your move to China. You will need it.
    Well said.

The easiest route available is the idea that "We are good, everyone else is evil."
    There is nothing easy about criticising the flaws and corruption of our own system.
    Except that you haven't actually criticized the flaw here. The flaw here is that Trump is a gibbering fuckmuppet of the highest order who fucks up literally everything he touches.

The sequence of events here was perfectly normal until Trump stuck his flaccid orange micropenis into it.
    - Foreign National is wanted for Crimes in the USA. (Crime being fraud and playing fast and lose with international trade embargoes)
    - Foreign National is Apprehended in a Country with Legal Extradition Treaties with the USA.
    - Foreign National is held in custody while awaiting Extradition related Legal Proceedings.

The above sequence of events literally happens all the fucking time, all over the world. There is nothing conspiratorial about it.

The part where Trump jumps in and fucks this all up is where he states that he may intervene in the process purely to attempt to score points in his ongoing Trade tiff with China. This is Trump once again jumping dick first into a legal issue that he has absolutely no power over, which results in screwing over all parties involved.

What authority does the US-DOJ have over this woman? She's not an American citizen, she didn't vote for their laws nor for their government.
    She didn't even choose to be an American citizen. What power do US laws have over her?
    Umm, Hello? She is the CFO of a major Chinese company that operates out of the USA. You honestly think that she just wandered over into the USA and established a branch of a fucking corporation without being forced to sign a metric fuckload of paperwork legally binding her to various agreements in regards to how they can operate on US soil?

Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    Well, I thought Russia, being one of the most influential countries there is (although perhaps not for the right reasons), had a strong economy. I don't know much about Russia, it was just a general assumption.
    The economy is strong but it is only top-10-top-15 levels of "big".

Somewhere around German levels (by PPP) but without all their EU benefits and with bigger population so less efficient overall.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be content of we started annexing houses owned by Chinese nationals that don't live in Canada as a retaliation. If that doesn't work, start pulling citizenship from Chinese anchor babies and start deporting them and their families back to China. But we all know that Trudeau is too much of a pussy to put his foot down and actually send them a strong message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    what? how would people even know, this is completely off peoples radar until after the fact. Is there a Canadian Hive Mind?
    Yeah, it's called r/Canada. Seriously, if you want to see a forum of leftist fascist soyboys and blatantly obvious racists, it's good for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd be content of we started annexing houses owned by Chinese nationals that don't live in Canada as a retaliation. If that doesn't work, start pulling citizenship from Chinese anchor babies and start deporting them and their families back to China. But we all know that Trudeau is too much of a pussy to put his foot down and actually send them a strong message.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's called r/Canada. Seriously, if you want to see a forum of leftist fascist soyboys and blatantly obvious racists, it's good for a laugh.
    ah i see what i'm dealing with here. nevermind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taiwan? You mean that Chinese island populated by ethnic Chinese people with a Chinese government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Taiwan isn't an independent state. I wish China would just send their army there and claim the island back.
    Nice!
    According to China. But the Taiwanese would prefer to be their own country because western democracy is a lot better than the Chinese alternative.

China doesn't like it when you imprison one of their citizens, so they retaliate by locking up your citizens. That is how the real world works.
    Wrong, that is how dictatorships work.

What power do US laws have over her?
    Canada/US have a extradition treaty. It is that simple.

Any win for China is a win for the free world.
    You are delusional. Perhaps you should move out of the cozy Netherlands and move to China.

Oh god, you have absolutely no idea how the world works. Do you?
    I really do not give a shit about your rule of law. It's a terrible system laws with the sole purpose of establishing western dominance over the world.
    Your rule of law is worthless if you cannot enforce it. And enforcing this comes at a price. The beautiful price of Canadian citizens in China.
    Western world is a much happier place to live then the alternative trash you are suggesting. The fact you think it is okay for China to arrest Canadian citizens as retaliation (something teh western world would NEVER do) just proves how wrong you are ten fold.

It's exactly how the world works. I don't give a shit about your precious rules. China doesn't give a fuck about your precious rules.
    It is how the sane world works. What world do you live in?

I have an other idea.
    With the US having an ideological opponent the Chinese ideas gain more traction here.
    Your ideology is losing, people are unhappy and afraid of the future.
    Their ideology is winning, their people are happy and optimistic.
    How long do you think it will take for their ideas to be implemented here once people start to see that over a billion people love it?
    Please seek therapy.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-12-17 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You might want to spend some time studying international law before trying to discuss it. For instance link me to the details of the extradition treaty Canada has with China. I'll wait =)
    You might want to spend some time studying reading, so you could read what I wrote in parenthesis.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that is how reality works if you would just take of those rose-tinted glasses.
    But hey. Your own nation is torturing people and kidnapping European citizens and you people are massively in denial about it, it's clear how brainwashed you are.

Nah, I am just going to wait for their system to take over here.

Thousands of people are rioting.
    Depression and other related mental illnesses are skyrocketing.
    Neo-nazi's aren't just marching the streets, they are infiltrating our police and army.

Meanwhile we get constant reports like this: https://www.axios.com/china-leads-th...6d779458d.html

Sorry to burst your bubble, the western world is not a much happier place to live.
    And if that fact makes you angry, aggressive, or whatever.. So be it.

This person was literally arrested to be used as a bargaining chip for the US. You're in denial.
    Therapy is what you are going to needs once your entire world crashes around you. Soon
    For their system to take over here? What does that even mean? You want to live under the rule of China? What ever you say cupcake. Based on your other rants it is obvious that there isn't any hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Any Canadian who stayed in China after that lady got charged with a crime is a moron of the highest order. I'd borderline say they deserve it if they don't have the brain capacity to think a communist dictator wouldn't retaliate and go after innocent people.
    I am a Canadian who has worked in China for 10 years now. Why exactly am I an idiot?

Do you know how many Chinese students and visitors go to Canada every year? If China started to arrest every Canadian in their country, it would start an all out tit for tat, and China would lose. Canada doesn't have enough room in their jails for all the Chinese we have in the country at an given time.

China picked high profile people to arrest, and according to the Wall Street Journal, these two guys are known "spies". That is they use the cover of their business in China to move around but they report stuff back to Canada.

There is definitely a lot of misinformation on this thread about what is and isn't going on in China.

I do agree that the arrest was bullshit. Fraud? Really? When banks like HSBC basically fucked the dog with money laundering and only got fines, no high ups got put in prison.

I also think USA needs someone to kick them in the balls. The fact THEY, not the UN, but only USA put sanctions on Iran and they expect the world to play by those rules...I can see why states like Russia are trying their hardest to get others to see what a load of crap USA sanctimonious bullshit is.

Lastly, please do not refer to Canada as Chianada. We have some Chinese (well a lot of Chinese) in Vancouver and some in Toronto and outside those two centers, you won't see as much % of total population. Also wishing bad shit to happen to China is just stupid. The Chinese government doesn't equal the Chinese people, and those people are just like you and me. They have jobs, kids, families, bosses, pay taxes and are just trying to get somewhere and have something. Governments are always going to be retarded, be it Xi, Trump or Trudeau. The regular people are always the one that pay for their stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.
    In China the population has full control over society.
    Around here the rich have full control over society.
    Guess which one is better for the majority of people?

And we can clearly see that our system is failing.
    We see it with Trump, we see the EU crumbling down, we see people rioting everywhere.
    I guess Ill see you on the other side of the battlefield.

Absolutely.
    Is that why the Uyghur are being systematically being arrested for no apparent reason than supposed extremism for displaying basic tenets of their religion like refusing to eat pork??

Is that why White Gloves exists as an actual profession that meditates corrupt officials with the interests of special people??

You are deluded.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vol...lted-1.4949824

Lol. The threats keep piling up. Must be a pretty big fish if the CPC is willing to go this far.

this might be the most retarded thing ever said on MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Yay Evil View Post
    I guess Ill see you on the other side of the battlefield.
    The Dutch are mostly good for collaborating (fucking, mostly) with whichever power is currently rolling through. I wouldn't expect to fight him but you might get some Chinese soldier's sloppy seconds when western forces prevail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, <bleep> I'm running low on popcorn.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    this might be the most retarded thing ever said on MMO-C
    Maybe even in the top 100 on the internet....