Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    I think titanforge should only trigger on mythic raid to the item level of normal mode of the next raid
    They should just limit it a lot more. Cap out the amount of ILvL you can get and make it a static amount. None for LFR, +5 for Normal, +10 for Heroic and +15 for Mythic. The higher the difficulty, the better the reward. But just making it static would be a huge step in my opinion. No more random +5 to +25 its way too much RNG, and drops will always feel more disappointing. No TF / WF? "Fuck, its not titanforged." +5? "It only forged 5, oh well." +20? "Fuck, it was almost perfect." If it was made static, then a Titanforge, no matter the amount, would always be exciting, if it was capped lower, it would be less punishing not to get it, and it would not make higher content less obsolete since you can get better gear in lower content.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    It may as well not. The gear in it is worthless. Even for someone who doesn't touch mythic dungeons or higher than LFR dungeons, the gear is still worthless.
    Dunno man, i know a guy who got a 395 from one. Does not seem worthless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    They should just limit it a lot more. Cap out the amount of ILvL you can get and make it a static amount. None for LFR, +5 for Normal, +10 for Heroic and +15 for Mythic. The higher the difficulty, the better the reward. But just making it static would be a huge step in my opinion. No more random +5 to +25 its way too much RNG, and drops will always feel more disappointing. No TF / WF? "Fuck, its not titanforged." +5? "It only forged 5, oh well." +20? "Fuck, it was almost perfect." If it was made static, then a Titanforge, no matter the amount, would always be exciting, if it was capped lower, it would be less punishing not to get it, and it would not make higher content less obsolete since you can get better gear in lower content.
    I did not raid in MOP so my first time meeting the forging mechanic was in WoD and... I liked it. +6 item level. extra small stat and/or a socket. It gave a bit, but not enough to be a game change that would skew the parses very much. And as the amount of upgrading available was limited, pretty much everyone ended up with very similar item level anyway. The only issue was some trinkets benefitting way more than other pieces of gear.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2018-12-17 at 11:39 PM.

I think TF should be on a vendor, and based on sanguicell (since there is nothing else to do with the shit). TF should be able to be used to make items you have better, this way once you get the item you want, there is no feeling that it didn't TF so it's worthless. Basically 5, 10, and 15 sanguicell to TF +5, +10, and +15 (have to do each step.) And when you step into the next raid difficulty, the base item you get will instantly be better than the TF item from the previous raid. This way there is still a mechanic to outgear the content you are struggling on, but also never a chance that a lower raid difficulty can give you better gear.

If Blizz wants to incentivize people that have surpassed difficulties to continue to go back and do them, increase the drop amount of sanguicell or increase the drop rate of gear, after they have completed the difficulty tier, so they can break it down for reagents or help group mates gear up. They can start removing random Heroic and Mythic drops from WQs and such to help balance gear gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Dunno man, i know a guy who got a 395 from one. Does not seem worthless to me.

I did not raid in MOP so my first time meeting the forging mechanic was in WoD and... I liked it. +6 item level. extra small stat and/or a socket. It gave a bit, but not enough to be a game change that would skew the parses very much. And as the amount of upgrading available was limited, pretty much everyone ended up with very similar item level anyway. The only issue was some trinkets benefitting way more than other pieces of gear.
    Sure, it's not worthless, in the same way saying that playing the lottery isn't worthless. It's not worth the damned hassle and unfun experience at a probably lower than 1% chance at a worthwhile forge proc. That's the entire problem with the game right now. There's pretty much nothing for the really casual players to do that doesn't involve just waiting for forge proc. Well, unless you're history's unluckiest person or only play for like an hour a month. They seem to want the warforge/titanforge system to replace badges, currency in general... essentially all non-high end form of gearing. It fucking sucks.

Deleted
    These are the people Blizzard are trying to cateer to in WoW atm, the absoloute garbage tier.

Stay out of LFR, aim on progressing through normal / hc pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I think TF should be on a vendor, and based on sanguicell (since there is nothing else to do with the shit). TF should be able to be used to make items you have better, this way once you get the item you want, there is no feeling that it didn't TF so it's worthless. Basically 5, 10, and 15 sanguicell to TF +5, +10, and +15 (have to do each step.) And when you step into the next raid difficulty, the base item you get will instantly be better than the TF item from the previous raid. This way there is still a mechanic to outgear the content you are struggling on, but also never a chance that a lower raid difficulty can give you better gear.

If Blizz wants to incentivize people that have surpassed difficulties to continue to go back and do them, increase the drop amount of sanguicell or increase the drop rate of gear, after they have completed the difficulty tier, so they can break it down for reagents or help group mates gear up. They can start removing random Heroic and Mythic drops from WQs and such to help balance gear gain.
    See, this is a very good idea, but it will never be implemented, why? Because playing WoW since the Vanilla beta, and Blizzard games in general since Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2, I've realized that the company has changed. They have to cash in, (Thanks Activision) And the game will never steer away from these slot machine designs again. Not till the day we see the news "Blizzard and Activision has separated" And even then, I think it is too late for salvation.

Blizzard is no longer a company about innovation or pushing boundaries. It makes me mad, but mostly sad. I left WoW a couple months into BFA, and I left Blizzard for good with the announcement of Diablo Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    These are the people Blizzard are trying to cateer to in WoW atm, the absoloute garbage tier.

Stay out of LFR, aim on progressing through normal / hc pugs.
    How are they trying to cater to them? They virtually have no real content to do and will outgear LFR with world bosses with Warfronts, world bosses and World quests in like two weeks of playing an hour a day. A week if they put in a couple more hours. There's virtually no reason for anyone to do LFR more than once (i.e. to just see it). Even for turbo casuals. (Unless they really want to chase warforge/titanforge procs like a mad person.)

Meanwhile, you can have gear in there titanforge to heroic (And mythic?) Levels of ItemLevel, if you're lucky enough.
    That's a problem of uncapped titanforging, not with lfr per say. Uncapped titanforging makes 1 guy in a million happy for 5 seconds, and annoys the other 999,999 people for much longer than that, because someone will keep reposting on reddit "look at that titanforge guys". It creates much more bad blood in the game than improving the game. If tf was capped at +15 ilvls from what the item normally is, vast majority of items would see no difference as they're already within 0-15 upgrade range, but nope, can't have tf cap because someone decided than gaming should be gambling, and everything should be rng on top of rng. It's not just wow, other games are also full of lootboxes, random item rerolls (some asian games even have more rng as item can either upgrade or downgrade when reroll is applied), and other mechanics that make reward systems convoluted and unclear.

Wow removed a lot of control players had in the past with reforging, enchanting / gemming nearly every piece with the stat they want, guaranteed valor upgrades, fixed amount of sockets per item etc. Instead they replaced it with slot machine deciding everything.

It also further helps inflate ILeveL and stats with every raid tier coming out. Back when there were 2 difficulties 10/25 or Normal / Heroic, there was only a need for gear progression to increase within a smaller margin. Now they need to increase ILeveL And stats to accomodate 4 different tiers of difficulty.
    Now they also have to accommodate 10 level of mythic+ from the m0 to the cap, so ilvl would be spread one way or another, unless they put the same rewards on let's say +4 and +6 and people would complain why higher diffuculty drops the same ilvl.

Stats are inflated not because of ilvl, but because how much stat per ilvl you're getting and it's some form of exponential, not linear curve. For example, azerite shoulder between 325 and 340 gain 40 in a primary stat. The same shoulder between 400 and 415 gain 81 in a primary stat. Even though both jumps are 15 ilvl difference.

Oh look, another LFR and the people who run it are bad thread.

Word of advice: Don't do LFR late in the reset cycle (I.e. weekends and Mondays). Do them early, preferably Tuesday (US) or Wednesday (Europe). The quality of other players tends to be way better earlier in the cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find LFR to be a total joke, but I guess it's not my place to tell someone who is playing pretend raider what they should or shouldn't like. /shrug
    If someone enjoys playing with a bunch of blithering idiots who can't do simple mechanics then I say more power to them.

I remember my first day of Uldir LFR. Raid leader was using markers and stuff and starting to explain the fight. Main tank "fuck is LFR" one shot. Mother. Raid leader "This fight needs to be explain". Main tank pull, half of the raid die in first room, other half die in beams, boss still die. We still wiped once in Zek. LFR is fine, you wipe, yes, but also you wipe in normal/heroic pigs for people doing stupid stuff. A lot of people just play LFR and thats more money and more content to the game.

i do it for upgrades on alts and xmogs.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    Today, I tanked my first lfr (all the boss) and it was awful. I mainly did it for the transmog. Here is what I saw:

1.People who REFUSE to do mechanics. I said Refuse not are unaware. Then they start vote kicking people out of the raid.

2 people who pull large pack of mobs. We were on the trash before zul and the other tank choose to pull 1/4 of the platform to reach our stairs

3. Healer who went afk during boss fight. 0 healing during the fight...

4. People refusing to go on the 2nd chamber of mother. Telling us we can dps her down in the first one.

5.Blood everywhere on Taloc

6. People refusing to dps the add on vectis.

7. people refusing to soak the puddle on vectis

8. people refusing to follow the strat in order to not have double stacking omega vector.

9. Bloodlust at the start of liquified phase of vectis.

10. people trying to tell us we can down g'hunn without doing the orbs and the the orbs is waste of dps (insane). I got kicked out of this one for trying to bring order to the chaos...

11.Rolling deceit everywhere.

12. The other tank made sure that the boss was facing the raid ...

13. Zul fight was a fear feast.

The best way to describe LFR is by comparing it to an angry mobs with pitchfork and torches burning everything while Screaming : "WE WANT GEAR ! WE DESERVE IT! WE PAID FOR IT!"
    I get to #8 and start to wonder if this is a troll post.

I generally jump in for some runes and never seen #10, in fact, generally 90% of the raid just left and I had to explain to a new group that atleast 2 people need to do orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    I remember my first day of Uldir LFR. Raid leader was using markers and stuff and starting to explain the fight. Main tank "fuck is LFR" one shot. Mother. Raid leader "This fight needs to be explain". Main tank pull, half of the raid die in first room, other half die in beams, boss still die. We still wiped once in Zek. LFR is fine, you wipe, yes, but also you wipe in normal/heroic pigs for people doing stupid stuff. A lot of people just play LFR and thats more money and more content to the game.
    Day 1 LFR, attempt to explain room crossing. Its LFR so you really only need one decent carry person to get to room 3 but...

Tank 1 immediately runs to room 3 and dies.

I started doing the orbs on G'Huun because I kept seeing #10. I think people just get used to the simplified versions of dungeons and figure things will just work themselves out in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    How are they trying to cater to them? They virtually have no real content to do and will outgear LFR with world bosses with Warfronts, world bosses and World quests in like two weeks of playing an hour a day. A week if they put in a couple more hours. There's virtually no reason for anyone to do LFR more than once (i.e. to just see it). Even for turbo casuals. (Unless they really want to chase warforge/titanforge procs like a mad person.)
    Islands, Warfronts and the dumbed down specs are done for the sake of casual players.

Sounds about right for LFR. That's why I like to use it to learn tanking strats and see fights. There's barely any consequences so I can have some hands on experience before I go tank when it matters.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Remember a time when people actively strived to get better at wow and video games in General?
    When people didn't just shrug at bding bad?

LFR has aslong as I can remember a clownfiesta, even I have enjoyed to clown around in it, when it first came out I spammed lifetap on my warlock whole fights and healers wondered why i took so much damage. And i used to que last wing in throne of thunder on my priest to lifegrip tanks off the platform on the last boss when the winds came so we wiped. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Islands, Warfronts and the dumbed down specs are done for the sake of casual players.
    I doubt any casual player really likes those things and genuinely views them as worthwhile. It's like being given a cookie to distract you from the big giant steak dinner everyone else is getting.