Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Use DDU and clean out all of your GFX card drivers and then do a clean install of the newest Nvidia drivers and see if that helps.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html
    Have done that several times

Thing is, The fps spike thing wasn't happening when i had my 970,

On my 2070, sometimes it is (most of the time), sometimes it isn't.
    The flickering thing looks like black rectangles? / black flickering, seems to happen when i'm using edge + a different video playback, i never use edge but yeah, i have noticed similar behavior with my own videos on the computer.

But what's the chances this is due to the current driver just not working correctly and having to wait for a newer version, extremely paranoid that my RTX may be defective.

- - - Updated - - -

If my card is having graphical glitches (black/green flickers) during playing Edge videos and Windows media player videos what does this indicate? Seems fine during chrome, other than the fps stuff, which i think is sorted since i turned off hardware acceleration for chrome and restarted the pc.

Also Dark Souls 3 in fullscreen is fine now but in windowed flickers mad, i think it's an issue with Gsync windowed?

Anyway, The flickering makes me think of artifacting but as i've said multiple times, I'm unsure if this could be driver related.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post

The flickering thing looks like black rectangles? / black flickering, seems to happen when i'm using edge + a different video playback, i never use edge but yeah, i have noticed similar behavior with my own videos on the computer.

But what's the chances this is due to the current driver just not working correctly and having to wait for a newer version, extremely paranoid that my RTX may be defective.

- - - Updated - - -

If my card is having graphical glitches (black/green flickers) during playing Edge videos and Windows media player videos what does this indicate? Seems fine during chrome, other than the fps stuff, which i think is sorted since i turned off hardware acceleration for chrome and restarted the pc.

Also Dark Souls 3 in fullscreen is fine now but in windowed flickers mad, i think it's an issue with Gsync windowed?

Anyway, The flickering makes me think of artifacting but as i've said multiple times, I'm unsure if this could be driver related.
    I've HEARD of gsync having issues in windowed, but I cannot confirm

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Could sound like you have gotten a bad card then. Only 2 things i can think of now and that is 1. Do a clean Windows install. 2 Return the card for RMA

You have tried everything else.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Alright doing raid in wow...

Feels like screens flashing/flickering but can't tell.

On zul noticed a green rectangle...

stayed there the entire time and tried moving etc, It's in the ceiling of Zuls room..

On Mythrax, when he goes in p2, he was distorted / black, not the normal transformation and on Ghuun, the game crashed, I played windowed mode and had it maximized, the screen froze, Went to a smaller screen, the big screen and hard froze. Couldnt find wow in the task manager but it was still open just frozen.

This confirms bad card?
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2018-12-19 at 08:58 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alright doing raid in wow...

Feels like screens flashing/flickering but can't tell.

On zul noticed a green rectangle...

stayed there the entire time and tried moving etc, It's in the ceiling of Zuls room..

On Mythrax, when he goes in p2, he was distorted / black, not the normal transformation and on Ghuun, the game crashed, I played windowed mode and had it maximized, the screen froze, Went to a smaller screen, the big screen and hard froze. Couldnt find wow in the task manager but it was still open just frozen.

This confirms bad card?
    Thats a bad card
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Thought so, Super annoyed.

Im getting back my msi 970 tomorrow, Should i bother upgrading...

Got a 1440p setup, so kinda feel like i need too but where do i go?

Got the Rtx 2070 for £450ish, Gtx 1080+ is a lot more, and i feel like if i buy into 1070 or 1080 series i'm shooting myself in the foot because RTX is the new tech for the future..

But RTX clearly is not ready.

Thought so, Super annoyed.

Im getting back my msi 970 tomorrow, Should i bother upgrading...

Got a 1440p setup, so kinda feel like i need too but where do i go?

Got the Rtx 2070 for £450ish, Gtx 1080+ is a lot more, and i feel like if i buy into 1070 or 1080 series i'm shooting myself in the foot because RTX is the new tech for the future..

But RTX clearly is not ready.
    I'd give RTX QUITE a few years before it's ready. But if you can RMA for replacement just that should be fine, though, I hate to be THAT guy, you should have done some research prior, the 2070 can barely even do RTX at all, it's even more disappointing then the 2080. I think their pricing is just off entirely. The 2070 should be closer to a 1070, the 2080, closer to a 1080 etc. The 2080 isn't even an upgrade from a 1080ti.

If I were in your shoes though, I'd just take my money and get a 1070ti, it's close to 1080 performance for less

Not sure if suggested elsewhere but I had a similar(ish) situation, might be worth a try?

Trying to run 4k on a system that can't really handle it, video card sits at 100% load in game and I'm running two monitors.

My solution was very simple. My CPU generally doesn't ever go over 50% load, so I plugged my 2nd display which only runs at 1080p into the motherboard instead and it uses the integrated video on my CPU instead of the video card. I can run WoW on my main screen at 4k, Runescape and A Youtube video/Facebook or w/e on the second doesn't seem to do make any different to WoW's performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same or a similar issue a while ago. My solution was to use IE to watch media while playing WoW, which is not ideal but it works (for me). If you want to try other steps or read about it the thread is here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...be-Twitch-etc)

Sigh new update,

RMAing my rtx 2070, Went back to my old gtx 970, FPS stutter thing is fixed using that card even without turning hardware acceleration off.

playing, and my wow in windowed freezes and then resizes itself, does it three times, then crashes.

Crash:

I'm confused at this point.