Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    It's fine imo, mostly there for the RP community who lost their addon to do this due to changes.
    I never played on an RP server or the people sticking it to RP in the current game when all lore and roleplay aspects have been put on a back burner for the sake of "Gameplay and QoL". Either way, wouldn't it make more sense for an RPer to not be able to understand the other faction?

I would love a cross faction thing but just imagine the hordie neckbeards with horde logo tatoos. Oh the outtrage. My pixels doing stuff with pixels from the another faction. The horror
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Factions are the core identity of the game and they’re extremely marketable. I don’t think they’re going anywhere any time soon.

The language barrier on the other hand makes no sense lorewise and should be removed.

As far as the faction barrier goes it should remain. I would consider quitting for good if it were removed. It wouldn’t be WoW anymore if I’m roaming around Stormwind on my Orc and the city isn’t in ruins.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-12-19 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You could always communicate with the other faction through emotes.
    Yeah and I thought I read or saw in a YT video that the reason for this potion was some change to RP servers?

Can anyone confirm because it seems like this entire thread could just be closed with a simple response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just a potion I doubt it's going to be a permanent thing, Like the inky Black Potion.

Plus for it to work everyone needs to have the potion to understand each other. :P

Plus RP servers would love it, I know it's something they have been wanting since Vanilla :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I despise the faction stuff. It was stupid at the start (seriously did anyone play Warcraft 3? The ENTIRE POINT was that the Horde and Alliance had to NOT FIGHT since there were greater threats). People have taken it to joke levels with this herp derp Red vs. Blue crap. WoW is like one of the few remaining MMOs that still have a faction split; everyone else realized long ago that you shouldn't prevent people from playing with their friends because of an artificial storyline that their characters may or may not want to participate in.

As a roleplayer, I love the Elixir and I hope it means in another expansion or two the factions will go away (perhaps unless you have War Mode or its equivalent on). It's high time WoW got with the modern times instead of sticking to old obsolete mindsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    Yeah and I thought I read or saw in a YT video that the reason for this potion was some change to RP servers?

Can anyone confirm because it seems like this entire thread could just be closed with a simple response.
    There was an addon called CrossRP that let you "communicate" cross faction via some communities that the addon relayed messages between. A recent change to how addons worked with communities broke it (I think they removed the ability for addons to read them, or something), so this potion is the bone thrown to the RP community in exchange since there are a lot of RP events that involve both factions.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2018-12-19 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Removing factions will pretty much destroy any identity that's left in WoW.

As far as the elixir is concerned ... people that are attempting to communicate have to drink it ... who really cares about this? It hardly changes anything. If they were to remove it completely then it would be a problem in the terms of raging when ganking happens.

hopefully it doesn't last long, removing factions would be the nail in the coffin for me playing wow beyond running LFR to see a raid/story....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably for the best to move toward factions grouping/raiding together. The player base is really dwindling. I'm sure they'll still be separate factions, and have their own identity. But I can see them allowing people to group up for PvE stuff together.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The elixir of tongues was made to replace the addon called CrossRP.
    It's meant specifically for RP realms that wishes to commit in cross faction RP events.
    It's not meant for the rest of the general playerbase, although they're able to use it if they so wish.
    Cross faction RP has always been something very exciting to the RP community, and with this new elixir of tongues, it's become more accessible and easier to execute.
    I am speaking as a player from Argent Dawn EU (RP server), who's been actively RPing for 8 years.
    There is absolutely no reason for you to rage over this, as I believe the majority on the thread will not use it, or don't RP at all.

The language "barrier" only exists because people would spam insults in BG and in open pvp... because people are like this... thats all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Thank god classic is coming.

Retail is pretty much dead for me, the game has moved so far away from its roots
    in a way, don't you think that having 2 "experiences" is good overall ? vanilla is as good as it can be, then there's live to have more experimental stuff like the new character models, faster gameplay, and it sometimes result in worthy things like pandaria or some artifact models

They're doing it because it effectively doubles the size of the "player world", which matters when a huge chunk of your players have quit.

Has anyone already tested it? Because to me it only sounds as if it'll work for the /s /y etc commands (maybe emote too). No whispers or anything else.

I think this item is just a bandaid for RP people. after the most recent API changes, an addon they used for cross faction RP stopped working and created a backlash. SO i think this item just specific for these people to no longer rely on the addon and get direct support through the game.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazthar View Post
    The elixir of tongues was made to replace the addon called CrossRP.
    It's meant specifically for RP realms that wishes to commit in cross faction RP events.
    It's not meant for the rest of the general playerbase, although they're able to use it if they so wish.
    Cross faction RP has always been something very exciting to the RP community, and with this new elixir of tongues, it's become more accessible and easier to execute.
    I am speaking as a player from Argent Dawn EU (RP server), who's been actively RPing for 8 years.
    There is absolutely no reason for you to rage over this, as I believe the majority on the thread will not use it, or don't RP at all.

should be posted in the OP and closed, i guess xD

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    in a way, don't you think that having 2 "experiences" is good overall ? vanilla is as good as it can be, then there's live to have more experimental stuff like the new character models, faster gameplay, and it sometimes result in worthy things like pandaria or some artifact models
    It's all about personal taste!

For me, no I do not like the later. This is not the WoW I loved. I don't want to play in a fast mode, I like slow char progression, I like talent trees, reputation within a community and so on.

It's good that we will have both classic and retail, this way both communities will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    No I think combining Horde and Alliance in your way just gouges the identity of WoW. Just keep each to their own faction.
    It needs to happen in some way for the health and longevity of the game with a reducing playerbase. When there were 10 million active subs it didnt matter as much. But restricting your player base by 50% from being able to interact meaningfully with each other is very detrimental. There are ways to do it that dont lose faction identity but also allowing cross faction grouping and play.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I never played on an RP server or the people sticking it to RP in the current game when all lore and roleplay aspects have been put on a back burner for the sake of "Gameplay and QoL". Either way, wouldn't it make more sense for an RPer to not be able to understand the other faction?
    I bet you are one of the guys who think Arthas had great lore haha

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I bet you are one of the guys who think Arthas had great lore haha
    No I am one of those guys who believes suspense of disblief was applied because the game written with more passion and given more attention + everything being new to base. I dunno if you are referring to the Arthas popping up as a cartoon villain during the wotlk questing with your comment or we drop everything and have an adventure in a titan complex when we were suppose to be assaulting icecrown, or the stupid tourney, or everything to do with still having live local people anywhere on the continent but LK story has much bigger problems..

For example, I actually criticized the story of the "lich king" merging with arthas not making sense even before WoW came out since playing the WC3 campaign, it was explained that the soul of nerzhul was trapped and placed in a special "nether crystal" which boosted his mental powers tremendously and gave him control over the undead at much larger distances. The whole Frozen throne Arthas campaign is about ilidan causing a very small crack in the crystal which diminishes LKs power and he starts to lose control of the undead. At the end of the campaign however, Arthas just destroys the whole damn crystal which should have basically made LK lose most of his "long distance" mind control. Feel free to ponder on that.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    No I am one of those guys who believes suspense of disblief was applied because the game written with more passion and given more attention + everything being new to base. I dunno if you are referring to the Arthas popping up as a cartoon villain during the wotlk questing with your comment or we drop everything and have an adventure in a titan complex when we were suppose to be assaulting icecrown, or the stupid tourney, or everything to do with still having live local people anywhere on the continent but LK story has much bigger problems..

For example, I actually criticized the story of the "lich king" merging with arthas not making sense even before WoW came out since playing the WC3 campaign, it was explained that the soul of nerzhul was trapped and placed in a special "nether crystal" which boosted his mental powers tremendously and gave him control over the undead at much larger distances. The whole Frozen throne Arthas campaign is about ilidan causing a very small crack in the crystal which diminishes LKs power and he starts to lose control of the undead. At the end of the campaign however, Arthas just destroys the whole damn crystal which should have basically made LK lose most of his "long distance" mind control. Feel free to ponder on that.

Written with more passion? You telling me Christy Golden has no passion in what she is doing ? Or the other? Did you even read a good war ?