Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't see a problem with boosting this way, back in the day we used to do it other way around using a high level to speed you up to max instance spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    No it wasn't a clever usage of game mechanics, it was never intended to work that way. It was simply exploit of the scaling system, which is clearly not suposed to be happening. "Brain detected, Brain removed"

- - - Updated - - -

Sock account ? No, I've just been lurking for quite some time, but stupidity of some people in this thread actually made me post. And I'm not your friend, pal.
    Sure thing paid ATVI shill
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom View Post
    So, after all work ive put into my 111 character to speed run old content for xmogs is now wasted? all the hours put into the item grind, all the gold spent, all the materials used, all those hours spent on argus to farm possible speed gear with the argus currency. everything is now wasted? I.... i am so, so disappointed in ActivisionBlizzard.

I dont even know what to write, im so pissed right now.
    You can't do that content at levels higher than 111?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    No it wasn't a clever usage of game mechanics, it was never intended to work that way. It was simply exploit of the scaling system, which is clearly not suposed to be happening. "Brain detected, Brain removed"
    I don't know how extreme 110/111 twinks are right now but there were very similar things happening in Legion and they never fixed that. It was unfair to suddenly change it (after a whole expansion of it) with no warnings, after people have spent hours and tons of gold on twinking. I distinctly remember being boosted (randomly through LFG) by level 101s who were just immortal and destroyed the levelling dungeons. Some people enjoy that sort of thing more, it is exploiting the system but they deliberately made the system work that way in both expansions. Even the intro quest to BFA gives 2 ridiculously good items - they would have known twinking would happen.

Blizzard: Fun detected. Must destroy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Either you're lying / were playing badly at 110 or you apparently upgraded all your gear a whole lot as you levelled (and had bad gear at 110). Without exception, every class and spec gets worse as it levels up in BFA, especially at 117-120.
    My hunter didn’t have the best gear at 110 but I didn’t change the way I played at all. With azerite powers like latent poison i had no issues mass pulling and killing every thing with in a few gobals at 117-19 faster then pre 116. Hell youn could Proabbly find old post of me saying as much near launch.

Oh noes people who have already done this content a few times then did again as world quests are finding ways to do level as efficiently as possible how do we stop them from getting to the parts of the game they want to play faster. Geez blizz I didn't even know this was a thing, but I can't help but think blizz is stupid for stopping it.

Im on horde side and I thought the abuse was on blizzard as when I ran 9 toons and coined all of them just to see gold and azerite, I personally thought it didnt drop loot.

Good thing I didn't bother making a 111 twink this time.

Yet another blanket punishment to the players by blizzard thanks to their poor system implementation .
    "The intention of the XP-off feature is to allow alternate characters to stay in lower-level PvP brackets or relive lower-level content, not to purposefully halt progression in content relevant to the current expansion." What the F does this line even mean?
    They made this so that people could enjoy playing at lower levels - except legion - because of a minority .
    Was it hard to block IE for exp locked characters ? WOW never in 10 years of playing this game i would have imagined the developers making so many shitty decisions in a so short period of time , it's sad starting to feel like i wasted my life playing and every passing day they make it more difficult for me to think about resubbing .
    It's like the game director is an IT student who doesn't know better solutions than shutting down completely something that doesn't work as intended . what a joke
    /spits

Deleted
    If only they fixed boost selling services of ALL kinds. people exploiting other people for ingame gold and irl money should be perma banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    My hunter didn’t have the best gear at 110 but I didn’t change the way I played at all. With azerite powers like latent poison i had no issues mass pulling and killing every thing with in a few gobals at 117-19 faster then pre 116. Hell youn could Proabbly find old post of me saying as much near launch.
    Strange, even by BM hunter was sluggish by 117-19, my pet would actually die if I pulled too much. Obviously I'm not saying it was at all hard, but to say that it was easier than at 110/111 would be laughable in my experience. Maybe Survival is the outlier, it just seems very unlikely considering how much everyone's combat ratings decrease every level all while the mobs are getting harder.

I can see some validity in their not wanting people to powerlevel like that, but there are still people out there who want to stay 110 for pvp purposes. What about them? Should they just get fucked because some people exploit it to level up? This is such a bizarre, shit decision

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    happy holidays, ban fun and disable 110. cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    FUN DETECTED FUN DETECTED FUN DETECTED. Blizzard automated system initializing removal of fun please stand by...
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmerRift View Post
    Fun detected, fun nerfed. What in the fuck.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    no fun allowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Oh look, fun detected and blizzard shuts it down. When will their realize people freaking hate WoW leveling. It is just a boring grind with zero challenge.
    Looks like the idiots are out in force once again with the tired memes. You all have really retarded ideas of what is considered "fun". If you need exploits in order to make WoW "fun", then you're better off quitting and playing a different game.

Besides. I think kicking people in the balls is fun, but we all can't have it our way.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2018-12-19 at 09:44 PM.

or relive lower-level content
    What about people who want to "relive" max level Legion content?
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    As a demon hunter my experience was the same from 110-120 at 375ilvl . Mob scaling made the leveling a meaningless process . We were never getting on top of it, the difficulty is a plateau in bfa world content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    What about people who want to "relive" max level Legion content?
    and play with tools that make classes bearable ? nah you can't have that you gotta learn to appreciate the dump fire they made in bfa

A stupid change explained by a stupid design : If level 110 didn't had the possibility to farm end game stuff like herbs, minerals or island expedition with max levels this would have never happened.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Strange, even by BM hunter was sluggish by 117-19, my pet would actually die if I pulled too much. Obviously I'm not saying it was at all hard, but to say that it was easier than at 110/111 would be laughable in my experience. Maybe Survival is the outlier, it just seems very unlikely considering how much everyone's combat ratings decrease every level all while the mobs are getting harder.
    Sv could have just been a step above, i never switched out of it as I could just blow though stuff. I remember id have to blow natural mending every so often but i also wasn't trying to be optimal about it and rarely used misdirect just letting mobs beat on me before i rounded up enough to aoe down, my pet could probably have died if i did misdirect as i don't use tank pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    A stupid change explained by a stupid design : If level 110 didn't had the possibility to farm end game stuff like herbs, minerals or island expedition with max levels this would have never happened.
    exactly , a few lines of code to check if xp is locked when trying to join to prevent that was too hard to do for the junior devs working on bfa.
    How long until we'll see people making DHs to keep boosting up to 113 delete and repeat the process? This fix is already obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    You can't do that content at levels higher than 111?.....
    Go to [Aggramar's Stride] on wowhead and read the large guide post of exactly why it has to be 111.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland