Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is incomparible difference between waiting near the instance when group for dungeon / raid is forming and making a raid solely for purpose of 370.

the latter is disgusting behaviour to the point that even people who were in group were disgusted and were proposing to abandon this and go for horde city for real pvp. but ofc they were kicked because everybody else is there for 370 purple.

its disgusting and game breaking behaviour bordering on harrasement.
    How is raiding a horde city and killing people idling / afking there less "disgusting"? And yes, I've seen tonight a premade group for raiding Zuldazar city, so it's not that people won't do it. Imo raiding a capital city is bigger "harassment" than camping specific outdoor spot, but that's the point of world pvp and always was - to grief people.

Generally the whole world pvp is mostly whoever creates biggest deathball wins. Groups / raids camping champions of azeroth quest spots etc. existed before 8.1 for a long time. So I don't know what's worse, knowing that Alliance forms raids to gank Horde for an item reward, or knowing that Horde formed raids to gank Alliance for absolutely no reward, just the fun of it.

P.S. I guess people complained a lot about being farmed by raid groups, so there you go, hotfixes:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289311/...ms-model-fixed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The PvP quest “ Against Overwhelming Odds” can no longer be completed while in a raid.
    The weekly PvP Call to Arms quests can no longer be completed while in a raid, and do not count kills on players below level 120 or with the Honorless Target debuff active.

Based on what I've seen the past couple days, I think Alliance is keeping the 30% buff forever, and were not getting any sort back and forth with it. Participation has dropped off, and I rarely see quests in group finder

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How is raiding a horde city and killing people idling / afking there less "disgusting"? And yes, I've seen tonight a premade group for raiding Zuldazar city, so it's not that people won't do it. Imo raiding a capital city is bigger "harassment" than camping specific outdoor spot, but that's the point of world pvp and always was - to grief people.

Generally the whole world pvp is mostly whoever creates biggest deathball wins. Groups / raids camping champions of azeroth quest spots etc. existed before 8.1 for a long time. So I don't know what's worse, knowing that Alliance forms raids to gank Horde for an item reward, or knowing that Horde formed raids to gank Alliance for absolutely no reward, just the fun of it.

P.S. I guess people complained a lot about being farmed by raid groups, so there you go, hotfixes:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289311/...ms-model-fixed
    The PvP quest “ Against Overwhelming Odds” can no longer be completed while in a raid.
    The weekly PvP Call to Arms quests can no longer be completed while in a raid, and do not count kills on players below level 120 or with the Honorless Target debuff active.
    good. this should have never made it into live in current form .

now we will see how much balls allience have if they will have to do this in 5 mans teams

quest in this form is vastly supperior since its promoting hugely cooperation in order to be safe and actually doin quests instead harrasing others

7+ Year Old Account

Nature will find a way, as it always was: people will run in small groups without forming a raid, but all together, which will be absolutely identical to previous one for target's sharing (and there're still a lot of different tricks in store from sale kills, to attraction third-party programs for interaction). Then Blizzard will introduce more stringent methods of controlling shards population and everything will start again... and no matter how many crutches you'll attach to this abomination. There is no end to this idiocy. The only way is return PvP servers already and hide WM under BG lows. Don't think that you're smarter than your subscribers, because it's universal nonsense. Don't try to control what you never could/should. This is course of elementary physics. This is more like a war (not about fractions, but about devs/players) than mutual respect and you only exacerbate situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    literally, it's the main task of "smart person" to bring system into similar state for easy breaking it), just give it a little time. Such ideas are foolish and ineffective by definition.
    The more condition checkers, the more stupid and less stable the whole system is.

Just look at "Disabling XP Gains on 110+ Characters" news+ - same story, but then at least you decided to postpone crutch. I'll give you a hint - problem is in game design, inside the system (itemization, scaling, leveling design and much more), and not in especially smart players. Moreover, if you'll think well, then situation itself is very typical in general for whole MMO genre and isn't a problem as such, but it is absolutely certain that you won't solve it with any crutches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    their current slogan could sound something like this: "Player's choice freedom isn't game's advantage, but developer’s disadvantage".
    You're destroying yourself what was created by long and painstaking work before you. You and only you are responsible for making this or that decision and you and only you are responsible for its result. Think about it.

<< BACK
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-09-12 at 02:38 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    good. this should have never made it into live in current form .

now we will see how much balls allience have if they will have to do this in 5 mans teams

quest in this form is vastly supperior since its promoting hugely cooperation in order to be safe and actually doin quests instead harrasing others
    Good; let it come. :P

We deserve it after all... for all the 5v1 ganking that goes on around quests where you have to kill a solo-able rare.
    I swear, ever since i turned warmode on, the horde reminds me more and more of ex-yugoslavian chaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Jeha, Horde had literally free 10% to everything without ever getting in Danger (at least in BFA Zones), and now, when the Aliiance, who alsmost got nothing in BFA except a big middle finger all the time and wasn't able to use Warmode, get something....The Horde starts bi******* around.

Hilarious!
    Horde have an advantage in war mode because they are better at pvp. Alliance is given an advantage in war mode purely because blizzard feels sorry for them. I'm not surprised horde are turning it off.

War mode isn't anything new, if you wanted an advantage in world questing on pvp servers you always went horde because alliance is full of shitters and roleplayers.

what unfolds ? nothing changes besides the fact that allience will be getting free hc raid quality loot till end of expansion

aparently working as intended
    Reward scales based on participation differences
    If horde quit war mode in massive numbers then guess what...the alliance doesn't get the buff and the horde does now

Working as intended.
    Not biased just a way to entice players to play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    indeed. The same as not having a common enemy to kill.

Horde and alliance should have remained "at war" but both should have faced a common mighty foe.

This xpac is the worse by far and I have been playing non stop since vanilla launch.
    How is it worse than WoD??

This is a good decision on Blizzard part.GW2 did the same thing with their lower represented server.This is a good incentive to make Alliance turn on War mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Horde have an advantage in war mode because they are better at pvp. Alliance is given an advantage in war mode purely because blizzard feels sorry for them. I'm not surprised horde are turning it off.

War mode isn't anything new, if you wanted an advantage in world questing on pvp servers you always went horde because alliance is full of shitters and roleplayers.
    Better in PvP or not doesn't matter.In Open world the ratio is 1 to 5 in advantage of the Horde.If that is reduced to 4vs5 then the buff did it's job to make alliance participate and when the shards are balanced it will disapear.The buff will be active only if a specific faction doesn't have enough people after all.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    How is it worse than WoD??
    Oh it is definitely the worst expansion they've released yet. It is the best example of Filler Expansion since Cataclysm. Generally there is always a few people QQing about an expansion but this one has been unprecedented.

Back to post: I think the warmode buff has improved Alliance inclusion but I'm still seeing some WQ at a 5:1 ratio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Just remove any rewards to warmode and put everyone on one zone that's flagged. Easy way to do it.
    This, so much. Stop trying to force people into WPVP, it's dead. There is no need for "incentive".

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Um because the majority of players are Horde? Look at the Uldir Hall of Fame for example, 11 Alliance guilds killed G'huun in the time it took 109 Horde guilds to do so.
    Top PvE players =/= number of players.
    iirc the wow population was 52%/48% towards horde on levels 110-120, not a big difference, with alliance being more dominant on PvP ladders; so alliance SHOULD be dominating PvP activities (like War Mode).
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2018-12-20 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    This, so much. Stop trying to force people into WPVP, it's dead. There is no need for "incentive".

iirc the wow population was 52%/48% towards horde on levels 110-120, not a big difference, with alliance being more dominant on PvP ladders; so alliance SHOULD be dominating PvP activities (like War Mode).

well how about that majority of those guild and players where alliance players that went horde because overpowered racials..

PvP Ladder wod with current state...
    Human representation IN wod at 27%...yea everyone was for EMFH...
    Human representation right now...at 13.2 % and falling...

Majority of players choose where is the best and current horde is the best pve and pvp wise because the favor of blizzard...

Horde People complain about emfh...fixed..
    Alliance players complain about troll berz...14 years and is still the best ...

Last week I did this quest all alone, just camped near a hub/flightpoint and picked them off one by one. Do I have extra large balls now?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Based on what I've seen the past couple days, I think Alliance is keeping the 30% buff forever, and were not getting any sort back and forth with it. Participation has dropped off, and I rarely see quests in group finder
    Let's hope so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkblazer69 View Post
    Majority of players choose where is the best and current horde is the best pve and pvp wise because the favor of blizzard...

Horde People complain about emfh...fixed..
    Alliance players complain about troll berz...14 years and is still the best ...
    How is exactly Horde better in PvP if i may ask? The 3v ladder is dominated by alliance players, most "horde" players are just alters from alliance guys.

As for the troll racial, bad timing, they nerfed it this exact patch, alongisde Belf racial. Right now the worst "troll vs alliance class" case is affliction warlock with troll simming ~90 more dps than void elves, with many other casters being alliance favored by 50-60 dps; also MDI with everybody playing Nelfs because Shadowmeld is broken as fuck in 5-man content.

The only reason nobody is playing alliance is because PvE community is already stablished in the Horde, there is no horde bias.

How is exactly Horde better in PvP if i may ask? The 3v ladder is dominated by alliance players, most "horde" players are just alters from alliance guys.

As for the troll racial, bad timing, they nerfed it this exact patch, alongisde Belf racial. Right now the worst "troll vs alliance class" case is affliction warlock with troll simming ~90 more dps than void elves, with many other casters being alliance favored by 50-60 dps; also MDI with everybody playing Nelfs because Shadowmeld is broken as fuck in 5-man content.

The only reason nobody is playing alliance is because PvE community is already stablished in the Horde, there is no horde bias.
    Having something like a 3rd trinket was always and will be always be superior that some passive racials...

And you say pve community is already established in the horde.....

Well why this shouldn't change??

10+ Year Old Account
    As an alliance I turned it on this week to try. I like world pvp but as soon as I did some WQ, one in Nazmir required to kill an elite mob. I've been gank. Then after they camp my body just waiting for me to release and kill me again and again. I've try to rez and escape for a couple of times… Then I finally took the rez sickness, port to Stormwind and will never touch WM again… The problem is not just the way it's designed or the intention of Blizz, but the attitude of those who felt they're in majority and just killing the game by being idiots.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

8.1 destroyed my entire server.
    Alliance outnumber us 4 to 1 and get the buff every week.
    People from other server join in to exploit the RP sharding issues and stomp everyone that get in a 500m radius of a mob quest.

This used to be a very balanced A/H realm group with reasonably balanced skirmishes in 8.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen so many alliance lately, campin flypaths in raid groups, from next week on they clearly dont deserve nothin more than the basic 10% buff.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

Prime example of self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone wanted to jump on the bandwagon and join the "better faction" which in player perception was horde. It created an imbalance, and even more players joining horde and dismissing alliance option as worthless.

What Blizzard can do?
    - delete alliance from the game
    - remove faction barriers
    - remove world pvp completely
    - create ffa pvp instead of faction based
    - give incentives to alliance to fight against the player bias that "there's no reason to play alliance ever"

So tell me all you amazing horde players, what do you choose as a solution? Keeping it as it was on bfa launch just means there is no wpvp soon because all alliance reroll horde, faction change, quit or disable warmode. Because the story how "horde owns and alliance sucks" spreads even further and more and more alliance players decide "why should I stay here if it sucks?"

Blizzard cannot "force" people to:
    - leave horde and join alliance to balance numbers without any reward for it
    - play with warmode on when on losing faction in the current iteration of warmode
    - if reverted to pvp servers, make people stay on underrepresented faction (there's a reason why servers that were 40:60 split within 2 expansions get to 10:90 split, the 10% remaining are the ones that are too poor to transfer away / faction change or just don't care because they don't play enough)

So the only solutions are:
    - let it slide towards more and more horde imbalance and completely destroy the concept of "2 faction game" (because there will only be 1 faction left)
    - give overly generous rewards to alliance to incentivize players to swap to alliance or turn wm on
    - remove wpvp

Personally I don't really care that much. I'm just curious what is the perfect solution in the eyes of horde players. In b4 "someone should play wm alliance, someone just not me".

I also posted further in the thread multiple times from multiple other avenues it's the same story.
    PvP used to be Alliance heavy, now it's not. A good reason for this is because the racials are not so crazy anymore, so people are now drifting to the side with a much stronger player pool to choose from. There are a lot of players that both PvE and PVP, these players are naturally going to opt for Horde more than likely.

Quickly taken from my other post around PVP;

"Taking a quick look at https://www.arenamate.net/representation-charts#!RBG has Horde at 68% vs 32% Alliance for RBGs as of 12/Dec/18. 3v3 2.2k+ Arena Horde 69% vs 31% Alliance. (rnd to 0dp)

So Horde has all the top PVErs and the majority of high end PVPers, so the Alliance has a few numbers but are made up of the weakest links in the playerbase. Such balance, much wow.

Besides even if you're looking at US Realmpop only, you're still seeing a (H) 54.4% vs (A) 45.6% split."