Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The limited bundle is a good thing

Wow lost a LOT of money this year and they NEED to make it back again, unless you want to see blizzard shut down for good.

Why are you guys angry that they decided to go the cosmetic route instead of some harmful tactic like lootboxes or purchasable ingame advantages?

The Dread Wake, Vulpine familiar and now the limited bundle are a great things for the game, people love to buy this stuff, it doesn't hurt the game in any way and Blizzard is making money with WoW again. That's a win-win situation.

You should be glad they are trying this hard not to make the game tank.

At least put some effort into trolling.

If they wanted the game to not tank maybe they shouldn’t have made a copy paste expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It’s unlikly they “lost” any money, it’s very Likly they just want more then there getting.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If they wanted the game to not tank maybe they shouldn’t have made a copy paste expansion.
    What did early wrath add that BC didn't have? What did early Cata have that wrath didn't? What did early MoP have that cata didn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s unlikly they “lost” any money, it’s very Likly they just want more then there getting.
    have you seen their stocks?

The best fate for Blizzard at this point is to just die. The Activision influence is going to get really really bad until their company is a husk.

Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    At least put some effort into trolling.
    I mean he's not wrong in a way.

Would you rather have some predatory bullshit like lootboxes in a sub based MMO? The store makes up a very small minority of obtainable cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The best fate for Blizzard at this point is to just die. The Activision influence is going to get really really bad until their company is a husk.
    Yeah best thing to do for a multi billion dollar company is shut down so thousands end up unemployed and millions of gamers end up without something to play....

Genius man. Pure fucking genius.

I can tell what you are doing and that you shouldn't be taken seriously so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    What did early wrath add that BC didn't have? What did early Cata have that wrath didn't? What did early MoP have that cata didn't?
    Wrath added stronger quest lines, phasing, in game cinematics

Cata revamped the entire base game with stronger linear story

Mop added a new accessible legendary quest line and vastly improved world building through increased voice acting

Warlords added the best leveling experience so far

Legion had the artifact system and M+

BFA iterated on legion systems, and island expeditions

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I’ll just do Wrath as an example.

1. Death Knights
    2. Hard Modes and Heroic (Mythic now) raiding
    3. Multi-Passenger Mounts
    4. Heirlooms
    5. Dungeon and Raid metas that reward mounts, which every expansion since has.
    6. Inscription Profession
    7. Barber Shops
    8. Mounts and Pets tab introduced, before you had to use them from your inventory.
    9. Achievement system

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean he's not wrong in a way.

Would you rather have some predatory bullshit like lootboxes in a sub based MMO? The store makes up a very small minority of obtainable cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah best thing to do for a multi billion dollar company is shut down so thousands end up unemployed and millions of gamers end up without something to play....

Genius man. Pure fucking genius.

I can tell what you are doing and that you shouldn't be taken seriously so I'll just leave it at that.
    Jesus man, get a grip. You're in every thread. I am talking quality wise and remembering it as a great company. Millions of gamers without a microtransaction nightmare that these games are going to turn into is a good thing.

Yes, It's the best fate for those of us who care or cared about the Blizzard that was. No need to defend a multi-billion dollar company for free, They pay people to do that.

You're also defending a store in a monthly sub MMO, It's funny because when Blizzard was good, they didn't need to prop up investor reports with the store. This isn't a normal game thing, stop trying to normalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You're also defending a store in a monthly sub MMO, It's funny because when Blizzard was good, they didn't need to prop up investor reports with the store. This isn't a normal game thing, stop trying to normalize it.
    You realize, that any item in the store can be bought with in-game money? It's relatively easy:
    1. Buy WoW Token w/gold
    2. Transfer value of Token to your Battle.Net balance
    3. Head to store
    4. Buy stuff with your credits
    5. Win!
    01001000 01101001 00100001

wow subs should be about 20$ per month, wow wouldnt need microtransations if the sub cost kept up with inflation, oh also if they still had 10 million subs because the game was as good as it was, but still your paying the same price as 2004, hell maybe even 40$ a month, when you think about it in 2004, 20$ for a game was pretty standard and 15$ was about 75% of you paid for the standard game

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    wow subs should be about 20$ per month, wow wouldnt need microtransations if the sub cost kept up with inflation, oh also if they still had 10 million subs because the game was as good as it was, but still your paying the same price as 2004, hell maybe even 40$ a month, when you think about it in 2004, 20$ for a game was pretty standard and 15$ was about 75% of you paid for the standard game
    The fuck?

20 dollars was not bloody standard for a game back then. Especially a PS2 game. Maybe a PS1 game in 2004. The only games I remember that were around that price range or slightly more were compilation games that were usually older games from Capcom bundled onto the disc.

I remember a lot of PS2 games launching at £30-40 which is not 20 dollars.

I bought GTA San Andreas when it was new for £40. That's around $50.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-21 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Good lord I hope this is just a poor troll.

- - - Updated - - -

This literally is predatory. They're "retiring" digital goods, telling people these items are going away, trying to create panic buying.
    I meant the store in general.

The whole retiring thing is bullshit I agree. Should just be a standard bundle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Wow lost a LOT of money this year and they NEED to make it back again, unless you want to see blizzard shut down for good.

Why are you guys angry that they decided to go the cosmetic route instead of some harmful tactic like lootboxes or purchasable ingame advantages?

The Dread Wake, Vulpine familiar and now the limited bundle are a great things for the game, people love to buy this stuff, it doesn't hurt the game in any way and Blizzard is making money with WoW again. That's a win-win situation.

If they made even little of an effort the subs wouldnt be dropping like crazy.I played WoW for long time and I wouldn't mind seeing them shut down WoW for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    If they made even little of an effort the subs wouldnt be dropping like crazy.I played WoW for long time and I wouldn't mind seeing them shut down WoW for good.
    And yet again.

You seriously want them to shut down a game just because you dislike it and leave millions of players without a game to play? And probably end up with a lot of devs unemployed?

Seems fucking petty if you ask me.

Deleted
    this cant be real

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post

Blizzard isn't gonna shut down. They're swimming in money.