Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    you forgetting the 2nd part where ams prevents you to get magical debuff

Removing mass grip (giving it to frost/unholy) would be the 1st step
    then nerf the dnd slow talent (you know, like all of the other tank slows got nerfed from Legion)
    and change Death Strike to increase the healing only from the last physical damage taken
    What tank got a slow nerf outside of bears losing their weapon trait? Paladin consecrate is still there, DH one is there (on a shitty talent), and don't think Monk or Warrior had one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    What tank got a slow nerf outside of bears losing their weapon trait? Paladin consecrate is still there, DH one is there (on a shitty talent), and don't think Monk or Warrior had one.
    Warr had thunder clap slow nerfed to 20%, monk had keg smash slow nerfed to 20%, Bear got slow straight out removed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    so basiscly you would nerf the spec to have absolut nothing, worst mitigation in the game, and worse "active mitigation" in the game also with a poor DS ?

your funny
    *you're

DK isn't even mitigation tank to begin with

DS working only from physical would put them in line with other tanks in terms of magic damage reduction

They would still have plenty of utility and there wouldn't be an issue of a boss requireing one or more BDKs otherwise you can say goodbye to killing them (Aggramar says hi)

Also with those changes, the armor nerf could be reverted

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Well yeah that was my point most high end mythic guilds tanks rerolled to brewmasters, lower mythic guilds followed the example quite a bit, but if you look at the big spectrum of players monks are still not well represented (3rd represented tank in heroic behind dk and pala, with dks being almost twice as popular), so looking at the big picture prolly like blizzard does monks are far from overrepresented, thus less targetted by nerfs
    Well one of the reasons dk are so highly represented is that EVERYONE has a dk alt lvled up, so its pretty easy for ppl to switch mains if dks are fotm. And most casuals only run M+ so they will switch to the best performing class in m+. The same goes for DHs as you can see for the stupid amount of havoks right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Warr had thunder clap slow nerfed to 20%, monk had keg smash slow nerfed to 20%, Bear got slow straight out removed

- - - Updated - - -

*you're

DS working only from physical would put them in line with other tanks in terms of magic damage reduction

They would still have plenty of utility and there wouldn't be an issue of a boss requireing one or more BDKs otherwise you can say goodbye to killing them (Aggramar says hi)

All passive slows were nerfed to 20%, Heartstrike was nerfed to 20% also, with the dnd slow being a talent in the utility row.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-12-22 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Well yeah that was my point most high end mythic guilds tanks rerolled to brewmasters, lower mythic guilds followed the example quite a bit, but if you look at the big spectrum of players monks are still not well represented (3rd represented tank in heroic behind dk and pala, with dks being almost twice as popular), so looking at the big picture prolly like blizzard does monks are far from overrepresented, thus less targetted by nerfs
    Yeah, the problem is Blizzard is balancing for "overall population" not just mythic raiders, one reason why paladins weren't a good tank for mythic progression for 3 expansions is that they're popular nonetheless so Blizzard doesn't care to give them a bump even if they hover around "slightly below average" area while other tanks are passing through their glory moments back and forth.

Same story with resto druids, or hunters, they're played a lot without being "wtf op" so Blizzard always considers them "good enough" while for example mages and warlocks get constant tweaks every patch, and disc and mistweaver constantly travel on the rollercoaster of "make them op, no nerf them, no revert the nerf".

One thing I don't understand is why do they leave havoc dh in the state it is, must have for every group, even added them extra tools for bfa, while you can't turn around to not see another Illidan wannabe. They definitely don't need any extra incentive to up their population. On the other hand, vengeance has constantly low representation in raiding and not even that great one in m+ and still is left neglected.

Also overbuffing specs people don't wanna play only means now they need to play the spec they don't enjoy to be competitive. Look at hunter in arena, you have to play survival now. What the actual fuq.

Tbh if people think that the class fantasy of a tank is heavy armored warrior / paladin / death knight and not drunken kung fu panda, just freaking let them play what they like, instead of "shit, casuals in hc raiding don't play brewmaster, guess we have to make it op and fuckup proof so they will".

For example traditionally not that many people played bears because "I can't see my gear in bear form". This is something you can't fix with class balancing. And then came legion where bears were not only strong, but got bear form customization through countless artifact forms. That appealed both to hardcore (being the strongest option mathematically) and casuals (yay new flashy forms).

DKs being too strong in high m+ is a reason to nerf them. DKs being the most played tank in heroic raiding is not, unless there is a different proof of them being op than just "lots of people play it".

Another point is casuals will often prefer classes that can go and easily solo let's say Darkshore rares in casual (not top ilvl) gear. So yes, dks, hunters, paladins, dhs, will have extra representation numbers over priests, mages or monks. Why would Blizzard balance around participation numbers and not relative strength of the class? If they wanna bump the number of brewmasters among non-hardcore playerbase give it better solo sustain and I bet their popularity among casuals will improve.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-12-22 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

*you're

Without massgrip and dnd slow, what other plenty uttility you talkin about? Death grip?

With the crap you post here im glad you arent in charge of class balance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account

then nerf the dnd slow talent (you know, like all of the other tank slows got nerfed from Legion)
    and change Death Strike to increase the healing only from the last physical damage taken
    agian, way too much - yes AMS prevents applications, but things like necrotic are physical now, so no, its fine
    DnD slow talent isnt op, idc if they remove that, id like a new good talent anyway. but you do realize, its a TALENT the competes with our only real mobility ability
    and the DS healing change...fuck no - you forget that we dont have tools like SotR, Shield Block or Stagger, we spike, and we heal

I want to reemphasize, I dont want DKs to be the absolute king tank (ironically, like BM monk in raids rn) I want tank BALANCE, I want to go hey my dk shines here, hey my Warrior shines there.
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2018-12-22 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    every tank "scales well with gear" we dont get more healing thru strengh, we just get bone shield armor, just like EVERY other tank. If the bone shield scaling change went through i wouldnt complain
    Blood Scales better with haste and versatility than any other tank scales with any other secondary.

Because Vers increases absorbs, healing, damage reduction and damage done because no tank gains as much from the healing and absorb part of vers, and Bloods reliance and scaling with haste is just better than any other tanks.

Now they can nerf you too the point where your so far behind even the final tier wont produce enough scaling to prop you back up (see legion release) but it seems people are more angry they went after the base functionality of what a Blood DK has rather than the unique utility of the spec for a tank.

I personaly rather have them nerf my armor and health vs gorfiends, Grip, Death strike heal/absorb, DnD Snare, AMS, Vamp blood.

a Druid has more pure mitigation than blood, but thats not why Blood is leaps and bounds better than Guardian. However I have seen in the past blizzard through constant meaningless nerfs at a class/spec and get it wrong time and time again, but then the actually nerf the core strength of that spec and the cumulation of all the small nerfs that didnt work + the big nerf creates a spec that is dead in the water for an entire expac.

Imagine every balance patch they nerf BDKs armor and health by 5%, but not the actual core strengths of the spec until one day they decide to make death strike give a armor buff instead of any healing, now you have a spec with the lowest armor and the lowest health and no death strike to save them for example the cumulative effect of everything makes the spec now unplayabe until a new expac revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Blood Scales better with haste and versatility than any other tank scales with any other secondary.

Because Vers increases absorbs, healing, damage reduction and damage done because no tank gains as much from the healing and absorb part of vers, and Bloods reliance and scaling with haste is just better than any other tanks.

Now they can nerf you too the point where your so far behind even the final tier wont produce enough scaling to prop you back up (see legion release) but it seems people are more angry they went after the base functionality of what a Blood DK has rather than the unique utility of the spec for a tank.

I personaly rather have them nerf my armor and health vs gorfiends, Grip, Death strike heal/absorb, DnD Snare, AMS, Vamp blood.

a Druid has more pure mitigation than blood, but thats not why Blood is leaps and bounds better than Guardian. However I have seen in the past blizzard through constant meaningless nerfs at a class/spec and get it wrong time and time again, but then the actually nerf the core strength of that spec and the cumulation of all the small nerfs that didnt work + the big nerf creates a spec that is dead in the water for an entire expac.

Imagine every balance patch they nerf BDKs armor and health by 5%, but not the actual core strengths of the spec until one day they decide to make death strike give a armor buff instead of any healing, now you have a spec with the lowest armor and the lowest health and no death strike to save them for example the cumulative effect of everything makes the spec now unplayabe until a new expac revamp.
    haste and versa are so strong because of how DK works at its core, rune regen, which is why Haste is top for Unholy as well. no one else is limited by such scarce resources the way dks are - just remember Mastery scales like shit now and Crit is nothing more than Crit % and parry chance, which is why the stat value for blood is Haste >= Versa >>> Crit/Mast
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2018-12-22 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post

Show me proof of what youre saying. Wheres the numbers suporting that?
    All tanks scale equaly, unless their basic tunning is messed up. Thats just assumption of butthurt tanks that cant "OMG I DONT NEED HEALING ON THIS CONTENT I OUTGEARED IM OP".
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-12-22 at 03:40 AM.

agian, way too much - yes AMS prevents applications, but things like necrotic are physical now, so no, its fine
    DnD slow talent isnt op, idc if they remove that, id like a new good talent anyway. but you do realize, its a TALENT the competes with our only real mobility ability
    and the DS healing change...fuck no - you forget that we dont have tools like SotR, Shield Block or Stagger, we spike, and we heal

I want to reemphasize, I dont want DKs to be the absolute king tank (ironically, like BM monk in raids rn) I want tank BALANCE, I want to go hey my dk shines here, hey my Warrior shines there.
    well, there is no way to nerf stagger without it bacially destroying the class. nerfs ar eeither minor enough that they are virtually unnoticable or are so heavy handed as to make the class unplayable. they wont change the fundamental way monks play until 9.0 prepatch at least. they will continue to nerf stagger just enough that they need to be fully geared to get back to where they were in the last tier.

because to nerf stagger enough to make you happy would have to coincide with buffs to armor/health/sustain that would be way more worth than they are likely to do in a tuning patch.

be happy that 90% of the m+ population is still dk. its about all you are going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    well, there is no way to nerf stagger without it bacially destroying the class. nerfs ar eeither minor enough that they are virtually unnoticable or are so heavy handed as to make the class unplayable. they wont change the fundamental way monks play until 9.0 prepatch at least. they will continue to nerf stagger just enough that they need to be fully geared to get back to where they were in the last tier.

because to nerf stagger enough to make you happy would have to coincide with buffs to armor/health/sustain that would be way more worth than they are likely to do in a tuning patch.

be happy that 90% of the m+ population is still dk. its about all you are going to get.
    M+ is garbage, and no, a nerf isnt one side of the extreme only, you dont nerf stagger by a lousy 3% or nerf it by 50%, you find the area in the middle that lowers their effectiveness to be more on par with others. if theyre still the strongest in raids fine, but dont make them the strongest by a fucking mile

Deleted
    Necrotic was originally intended to counter Blood DKs... but guess which tank was the absolute best for necrotic (hint: he uses blood as a spec theme) so thank fuck for the change, it's few years late
    DnD slow talent isnt op, idc if they remove that, id like a new good talent anyway. but you do realize, its a TALENT the compete with our only real mobility ability
    In what world, when tanks in the high keys have to kite instead of tank, is 90% ranged slow NOT op... I'm pretty sure other tanks would trade mobility for their at least 50% slows back...
    And you forget one very important thing... SotR, Shield Block, Ironfur, Demon Spikes worls ONLY against PHYSICAL damage... Stagger mostly too since the magic staggering was nerfed (yes I know paladins have talent for blocking spells, it's still rng and doesn't work against dots).
    When other tanks take massive magic hit, they're screwed...
    When Blood DK takes massive hit, he heals it back up with DS... that's why the change would put them in place with others... And don't tell me you don't have enough CDs that work against magic damage or one of the highest health pools of all tanks

Tank participation:

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Without massgrip and dnd slow, what other plenty uttility you talkin about? Death grip?

With the crap you post here im glad you arent in charge of class balance.
    Grip, ST stun, AoE ranged targeted slow, combat ress, AMS, Death's advance (can't be slowed during it) and plenty of defensive CDs...

Still a toolkit a lot of tanks can only dream for

10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic was originally intended to counter Blood DKs... but guess which tank was the absolute best for necrotic (hint: he uses blood as a spec theme) so thank fuck for the change, it's few years late

In what world, when tanks in the high keys have to kite instead of tank, is 90% ranged slow NOT op... I'm pretty sure other tanks would trade mobility for their at least 50% slows back...

And you forget one very important thing... SotR, Shield Block, Ironfur, Demon Spikes worls ONLY against PHYSICAL damage... Stagger mostly too since the magic staggering was nerfed (yes I know paladins have talent for blocking spells, it's still rng and doesn't work against dots).
    When other tanks take massive magic hit, they're screwed...
    When Blood DK takes massive hit, he heals it back up with DS... that's why the change would put them in place with others... And don't tell me you don't have enough CDs that work against magic damage or one of the highest health pools of all tanks

Tank participation:
    [removed for size]

Grip, ST stun, AoE ranged targeted slow, combat ress, AMS, Death's advance (can't be slowed during it) and plenty of defensive CDs...

Still a toolkit a lot of tanks can only dream for
    ok genius, again you forget what others have, paladins have light of the protector, functions VERY similarly to death strike, even DRUIDS have frenzied regen when their playstyle isnt about self healing. also our boneshield ONLY WORKS AGAINST PHYSICAL, in your own words there.

again, you also forget we dont have things like a 40-50% wall (we have 30, on a 3 min cd still), we dont have extra 20% dmg reductions like paladins and warriors, we dont have RAID CDS like warriors paladins and druids, we dont have some utility like hard CC, bop/spellwarding loh cheat death(outside of talent). druids have things like ursols, mass entanglement and typhoon. DH has last resort and insane mobility and a single target DR of 40%!!!! on a 1 minute cooldown. warrior has a % dmg reduction on spells which in mythic raiding is far better most of the time rather than a flat absorb #. you say "plenty of defensive CDs" lmfao, we have DRW (parry only, VERY meh in raids), IBF for a lousy 30% and vamp, for 30% max hp and healing, which is nice but isnt nearly as good as a 20% dmg reduc or 50% wall for big hits in mythic raiding. Id kill to have an extra 20% CD like warrior/pallys
    not to mention we have 0 offensive cooldowns
    we dont have mobility like most others (no stampeding/dash/wild charge, no roll/torpedo/transcendance, no leap+movespeed/double charge, no double infernal strike/glide). yes we have two usefuls ones that suppress slows, but one, the good one, wraith walk, is a TALENT AND on a 1 min cd for a 4 second CHANNELED duration. Deaths Advance is a lousy 30% on use move speed that really is only any good on a fight like MOTHER cause of the forced movement suppression

id like you to try to sit here and tell me dks are busted still - as if the couple other people telling you youre wrong wasnt enough

PS tank participation has nothing to do with balance - it skews it a bit, but most people will always play their main like myself. therefore that is not a valid response to the corresponding comment of mine
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2018-12-22 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    ok genius, again you forget what others have, paladins have light of the protector, functions VERY similarly to death strike, even DRUIDS have frenzied regen when their playstyle isnt about self healing. also our boneshield ONLY WORKS AGAINST PHYSICAL, in your own words there.

again, you also forget we dont have things like a 40-50% wall (we have 30, on a 3 min cd still), we dont have extra 20% dmg reductions like paladins and warriors, we dont have RAID CDS like warriors paladins and druids, we dont have some utility like hard CC, bop/spellwarding loh cheat death(outside of talent). druids have things like ursols, mass entanglement and typhoon. DH has last resort and insane mobility and a single target DR of 40%!!!! on a 1 minute cooldown. warrior has a % dmg reduction on spells which in mythic raiding is far better most of the time rather than a flat absorb #. you say "plenty of defensive CDs" lmfao, we have DRW (parry only, VERY meh in raids), IBF for a lousy 30% and vamp, for 30% max hp and healing, which is nice but isnt nearly as good as a 20% dmg reduc or 50% wall for big hits in mythic raiding. Id kill to have an extra 20% CD like warrior/pallys
    not to mention we have 0 offensive cooldowns
    we dont have mobility like most others (no stampeding/dash/wild charge, no roll/torpedo/transcendance, no leap+movespeed/double charge, no double infernal strike/glide). yes we have two usefuls ones that suppress slows, but one, the good one, wraith walk, is a TALENT AND on a 1 min cd for a 4 second CHANNELED duration. Deaths Advance is a lousy 30% on use move speed that really is only any good on a fight like MOTHER cause of the forced movement suppression

id like you to try to sit here and tell me dks are busted still - as if the couple other people telling you youre wrong wasnt enough
    Really ? You think DK toolkit is weak ?

OK

Defensives: Icebound Fortitude, Vampiric Blood, Rune Tap (god I wish my spell reflect had 2 charges and lasted for full duration when I reflect something)

Offensive CD: Dancing Rune Weapon ? Hello ?

Raid CDs : Mass Grip

Now for the healing... DS actually gives you physical absorb shield ( ya know... free Ignore Pain) on top of the healing(that have minimum healing built in), Blood Plague, Blooddrinker, Bloodworms, plenty of other talents affecting healing or max HP...

Mobility: Death Advance (can't be slowed below 70% passive, 30% movement speed + can't be slowed below 100% active...)

Yes I'm sitting here trying to thing what is DKs actual weakness because they are pretty much busted atm

Are you completely mad?
    Blood already has the worst magic mitigation out of all tanks,due to AMS being incredibly small,and blizzard making sure that it blocks as few debuffs as possible,as well as straight out not having general % damage reduction

DnD slow talent is very nerfed compared to Legion,and all our passive slows got nerfed to 20% like other tanks

You're the perfect example of someone who is completely clueless about balance,and just gets emotional because their class isn't top and wants to overnerf everything else

ok genius, again you forget what others have, paladins have light of the protector, functions VERY similarly to death strike
    Light of the Protector is on the GCD and does absolutely nothing defensive/offensive when used, besides heal you.
    While Death Strike does damage, heals, AND gives you an absorb shield all in one.

It's not even close to the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Are you completely mad?
    Blood already has the worst magic mitigation out of all tanks,due to AMS being incredibly small,and blizzard making sure that it blocks as few debuffs as possible,as well as straight out not having general % damage reduction

DnD slow talent is very nerfed compared to Legion,and all our passive slows got nerfed to 20% like other tanks

You're the perfect example of someone who is completely clueless about balance,and just gets emotional because their class isn't top and wants to overnerf everything else
    And you're in denial like 99% of BDK players thinking your class is perfectly balanced...

Blood have the best magic mitigation of all tanks since he can just heal it back up with DS...

And you're forgetting every single tank got his magic mitigation pretty much annihilated from Legion except DKs...

DnD is still the strongest slow in the game

Also you're clueless since IBF is "general % damage reduction"
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2018-12-22 at 02:27 PM.

And you're in denial like 99% of BDK players thinking your class is perfectly balanced...

Blood have the best magic mitigation of all tanks since he can just heal it back up with DS...

And you're forgetting every single tank got his magic mitigation pretty much annihilated from Legion except DKs...

DnD is still the strongest slow in the game

Also you're clueless since IBF is "general % damage reduction"
    yeah,30% on a 3 minutes CD and is shared with our stun immunity

Also,the whole point of blood is that they have the worst mitigation in all situations
    If you took even 5 minutes to look at logs and compared the damage taken compared to the damage healed you'd have figured that out
    Also Blood had its magic mitigation hit very hard with the change to boneshield
    Strongest slows in the game were never owned by a tank,still aren't

You talk about denial and being clueless,yet you propose changes that would make blood worse than they were in NH,but I'm sure you'll make up some nonsense saying they were OP back then too at that rate

Deleted
    yeah,30% on a 3 minutes CD and is shared with our stun immunity
    Other tanks just have % reduction... so DKs have something on top

Also,the whole point of blood is that they have the worst mitigation in all situations
    BDK main way to deal wit damage is having high HP pool and healing that damage back up and it works same way on physical and magical damage... other tanks doesn't have that luxury
    If you took even 5 minutes to look at logs and compared the damage taken compared to the damage healed you'd have figured that out
    Yes? Like on Fetid Devouver when they do healing comparable to healers ?
    Also Blood had its magic mitigation hit very hard with the change to boneshield
    Every tank Magic mitigation got pretty much destroyed except DKs that just got slightly nerfed
    Strongest slows in the game were never owned by a tank,still aren't
    90% AoE targeted ranged slow... I beg to differ

You talk about denial and being clueless,yet you propose changes that would make blood worse than they were in NH,but I'm sure you'll make up some nonsense saying they were OP back then too at that rate
    Reducing BDK way to deal with magic damage as it was intended for all tanks wouldn't made them worse than NH by any chance... it would actually made them in line with other tanks

And giving mass grip to dps specs would free up tank slot in raids that is limited to 2, max 3 for dps slots that are min 13 on bosses where mass grip is mandatory (and there are many examples)

I get it, Blood DKs were strong in raids, and the kings of m+. I think the bonestorm nerf was a bit heavy but warranted, it was 10 seconds of immunity previously.

But a flat 15% armor nerf is complete bullshit. They hit us with a nerf thats harder than the prot warrior buff but left monks effectively in the same position, still op in raids. I come back this week to do M ghuun with my guild and its extremely noticeable by both myself and the healers how hard im getting beaten up by ghuun, meanwhile our monk is still taking next to 0 damage as always

They nerf 2 other aspects of Blood, and then just throw on a FLAT 15% armor reduction is WAY too much, considering DKs by their playstyle have spiky health pools as it is.

//end rant

If anyone has any other way to justify this heavy of a nerf please enlighten me
    Welcome to the rest of the tank world. My pally has been getting trucked since day one of the expac.

- - - Updated - - -

what you said is like me asking why dont i have monks transcendence
    because you don't need it when all you need to do is take a big hit, which you claim you already are, and then heal it with one button, and be nearly imortal once you survive that first big hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    I had to switch back to stoneskin gargoyle, im taking so much more damage in high keys that the dps increase is not worth anymore, and its still not looking much better even then.
    Well, Blizzard has been increasingly caving to the DPS cry babies that whine when they underperform and a tank out damages them.

- - - Updated - - -

cool, wana link your profile?

point is that the changes are bullshit and monks need a heavier nerf than we got
    stop slining nerfs around. other tanks need brought up.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP