Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    My hope is they stop at wrath for the classic experience but if enough people ask for mists, you would probably get mists.
    I can only hope. I would kill to play OG Brewmaster again.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I can only hope. I would kill to play OG Brewmaster again.
    Ya i really really liked mists as well, to me that was the real end of WoW. Even during the xpac when people were crying about pandas and what not i knew it was the last hoorah. I just dont know how you do a mists classic without doing a cata, which wouldnt make a whole lot of sense.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be bigger than hoola-hoops

It won't be that quite bigger for that long.... Sure in launch, BIG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SMALL playerbase in few weeks later. Next thing, we have ppl coming here complaining how boring it is or grindy or whatever it is..

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    it doent matter if classic is out or not. It was out at one point in time and we know what it includes... lol?
    Classic has NEVER been out. it is still in development.

Doesn't really matter and probably no way to tell. The subscriptions are going to be bundled into one, so the only real indication will be things like MAUs. It's clear that they're using Classic to prop up the subscriptions for the modern game, which is a pretty solid financial move.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Doesn't really matter and probably no way to tell. The subscriptions are going to be bundled into one, so the only real indication will be things like MAUs. It's clear that they're using Classic to prop up the subscriptions for the modern game, which is a pretty solid financial move.
    Why bring up this salient fact when we can spend 50 pages bashing each other over the head like troglodytes?

My game bigger oo oo oo.

7+ Year Old Account
    One word, fortnite
    this is where I laughed.

In my estimation
    this is where I laughed harder.

WoW is not going to recapture a generation that loves overtly simple games that you can become really great at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Classic has NEVER been out. it is still in development.
    but wtf, its still vanilla wow is it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    That is exactly what I am saying, looking what they say for a server being full in Classic vs low or medium in live means absolutely squat.

- - - Updated - - -

how do you know this, have you actually played classic....and not the little teaser that they gave you.
    but we already know what vanilla wow was?

TBC would have a higher chance of retaining players after hitting max level. Its a better structured endgame imo. With normal dungeons > hc dungeons / badges. Karazhan being a 10 man easier to get pugs going. And other raids being 25 instead of 40, better class balance/representation. Arena etc while the game feels very vanilla.

Classic release will be big. ALOT of people will fall off during leveling though. 40 people all waiting to tag a named mob with 5-10 min respawn is going to take its toll real fast.

I am concerned Classic may be too popular and Blizzard may get ideas to further scale back retail. This would be disastrous for retail.

As for Classic being too popular. This might mean we would get to see then an Outland capped server, and maybe even a WotLK capped server. In a way, this could lead to positive changes in retail where newer high-res models are created or things fixed that were never patched bugs in those expansions and so forth.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Going to tank if it's a true copy of classic. Might have a playerbase for max 2 weeks before people get bored with the lack of progress/bad itemization.

The reason why classic was enjoyable was 90% due to it being fresh and had a good community. The community back then came mostly from pure grind MMOs like EQ, SW: Galaxies and AC, so quests etc. was a step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    but wtf, its still vanilla wow is it not?

- - - Updated - - -

but we already know what vanilla wow was?
    That does not mean it will be what Classic is. it would be game suicide to set it at 2500.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will re-sub for Classic.

Blizzard will flip that as "LOOK! BIGGER RETAIL NUMBERS WE DID IT BOYS!"

Classic will eventually flounder, much like BfA has.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I am concerned Classic may be too popular and Blizzard may get ideas to further scale back retail. This would be disastrous for retail.

As for Classic being too popular. This might mean we would get to see then an Outland capped server, and maybe even a WotLK capped server. In a way, this could lead to positive changes in retail where newer high-res models are created or things fixed that were never patched bugs in those expansions and so forth.
    Ultimately, i dont think classic is going to change anything for retail. But that does not change the fact the team will be tempted to copy some of the design features from classic when they see how popular it is, in the end tho i do believe blizzard has smart enough people working for them that understand retail and classic need to remain two completely distinct experiences.

To be really honest here i think classic could be a door jamb move from blizzard all along, meaning it could give them some breathing room to start a new project.

I never said anything about engineers, talking about creative types that are currently working on WoW bfa.
    You're talking about non system and code engineers. To which I say you don't understand how companies run do you? I'm all for the success for vanilla, however i'm not sure what the point of this thread is if you think that it will change anything for them. You're honestly just trying to shill vanilla and demean and trash anything retail from the looks of it as to the purpose of this thread. Need to get a grip on that, i get you're excited but you don't need to curate and convince people more so who's more dominant on the WoW end.

To go over your theory crafting on people losing their jobs, that's not how it works. The first people in line to lose their jobs are support roles like customer service. Engineers and designers are more likely to keep their jobs, those are roles that are very hard to fill. Secondly it doesn't matter if they're working on BFA or not, they're an asset to the company. They're cheaper to keep then to replace long term. That being said, they'll likely move them to other teams or they will quit because it's not the focus they desire. The last thing that will happen is being dismissed.

So no, not many will lose their jobs if vanilla is a success, it's very twisted of you to theory craft that because you are a hardcore vanilla shiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    You're talking about non system and code engineers. To which I say you don't understand how companies run do you? I'm all for the success for vanilla, however i'm not sure what the point of this thread is if you think that it will change anything for them. You're honestly just trying to shill vanilla and demean and trash anything retail from the looks of it as to the purpose of this thread. Need to get a grip on that, i get you're excited but you don't need to curate and convince people more so who's more dominant on the WoW end.

To go over your theory crafting on people losing their jobs, that's not how it works. The first people in line to lose their jobs are support roles like customer service. Engineers and designers are more likely to keep their jobs, those are roles that are very hard to fill. Secondly it doesn't matter if they're working on BFA or not, they're an asset to the company. They're cheaper to keep then to replace long term. That being said, they'll likely move them to other teams or they will quit because it's not the focus they desire. The last thing that will happen is being dismissed.

So no, not many will lose their jobs if vanilla is a success, it's very twisted of you to theory craft that because you are a hardcore vanilla shiller.
    My dude ive been subbed to WoW since the middle of 2006 and i have no plans to stop playing retail even after classic launches, if anything im just a blizzard fanboy. I play overwatch and i have absolute terrible aim, ive been gold for 13 seasons and still have fun with the game because of its blizzard level of polish.

That said you are probably right about people not losing their jobs, i am more curious as to how the current WoW devs would feel if classic did get more popular than retail and what the atmosphere at blizzard would be like, especially in those closed door meetings. I elaborated on this in the post above yours, in fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    That does not mean it will be what Classic is. it would be game suicide to set it at 2500.
    Well idk if 2500 or more people will affect so much but classis is setting out to be what vanilla was gameplay and content wise lol. Sooo..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think it will be a huge disappointment. Vanilla is not for everyone. it tends to appeal to dinasaurs more than anyone else.
    You think, and as always you cannot prove a damn thing. Just a hater spewing forth more hate.

I think Classic will be much bigger than what people expect. People think that it will be big at start and then drop.

I bet that it won't stop growing for a year after release. There is a community/market for this kind of game. The masses play simplified games like Fortnite and such. But there has to be a more hardcore community which is dormant. Event if they now have jobs and less time.