Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just let hunters tame whatever the hell they want.. no it has to get locked behind some stupid wall not everyone is interested in climbing.

F**kin' ridiculous really.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Very obvious bug, but retards gonna retard, so gonna have a giant outrage post on reddit about this tomorrow.
    Because it's yet another thing Blizzard didn't test properly before releasing. It's a reoccuring issue in BFA, a lot of features come out with massive bugs that need to be hotfixed, instead of doing proper testing on the PTR like it's intended. It also has a negative side-effect that some groups are refusing to take any hunters even though some couldn't care less about blood beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Because it's yet another thing Blizzard didn't test properly before releasing. It's a reoccuring issue in BFA, a lot of features come out with massive bugs that need to be hotfixed, instead of doing proper testing on the PTR like it's intended. It also has a negative side-effect that some groups are refusing to take any hunters even though some couldn't care less about blood beasts.
    Something tells me you have no idea what this item is even about. This is a SECRET item intended to be found via SECRETIVE means so they wouldn't test it on PTR, at all. They'd only do internal testing. It's pretty easy actually to miss something like this with only internal testing. Hearthing isn't something you commonly do mid fight, so even if it was publicly tested, which it wouldn't be, it would've still been missed.

The guy had the tome IN his bag in Dec. 13. That was his last H Zul fight. I:m surprised they just now found out about it recently. If hearthing were the only way to get this, it would ruin hunters from EVER joining any zul pug for a gooooood while im sure. My guess is the zul fight is just one step, or you could just get a rare drop from zul that leads to something where you get the tome.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda impressed people had to be told this wasn't intended.. It obviously wasn't. Blizzard might do stupid things (A lot of stupid things..), but they don't make people do toxic things

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Blizzard might do stupid things (A lot of stupid things..), but they don't make people do toxic things
    You're ABSOLUTELY SURE about that?

You think that Warmode isn't toxic? You think Mythic+ isn't toxic? You think LFR and Mythic raiding aren't toxic?

They may not WANT something to be toxic but their growing ineptitude has made almost everything enjoyable about this game a cesspit of toxic elitists and trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm kinda impressed people had to be told this wasn't intended.. It obviously wasn't. Blizzard might do stupid things (A lot of stupid things..), but they don't make people do toxic things
    I would agree, if it wasn't for Island Expeditions were they put in gameplay that caused conflicting goals for players and the toxic effect that had with people getting kicking for not doing them the right way according to the other 2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I would agree, if it wasn't for Island Expeditions were they put in gameplay that caused conflicting goals for players and the toxic effect that had with people getting kicking for not doing them the right way according to the other 2 players.
    the solution for that problem is to make your own group, state your goals in the description and invite people who share said goals and even if they don't they don't get to kick you anymore. they only get to leave which doesn't leave you with a deserter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    GiVE US MOAR MOUNTS FFS NON RESKINNED ONES
    This isn't for a mount, it's for the ability to tame a new family of pets as a hunter.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post

You think that Warmode isn't toxic? You think Mythic+ isn't toxic? You think LFR and Mythic raiding aren't toxic?

They may not WANT something to be toxic but their growing ineptitude has made almost everything enjoyable about this game a cesspit of toxic elitists and trolls.
    Blizzard didnt make those things toxic. The shitty people who play game and the shitty people who whine about everything involving the game made those things toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Blizzard didnt make those things toxic. The shitty people who play game and the shitty people who whine about everything involving the game made those things toxic.
    The fact is, there arent nearly enough rewards for uncommon decency / punishments for common elitist / trollish prickery. Can't change people, change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=289371/...location-found

As of right now, the way for hunters to be able to tame Crawgs and Blood Ticks is by hearthing away mid-fight in a heroic Zul encounter. He must be engaged, but die after you've hearthed.

EDIT: It was confirmed by Muffinus/Jeremy Feasel that this is not intended.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1076675766211862528
    this dude who is screaming "OMG i got that tome" is what the fuck? Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You my friend (you're not really my friend, I just want to be nice before being mean to balance it out) have absolutely no clue how difficult it is to exhaust every single option in software testing. Especially so when it's in a living environment where players can do unexpected things (such as HSing out mid-fight, who in their right mind would ever do that?).

People these days are genuinely pushing the bar for common sense lower and lower with each year that passes.

If you put mything raiding on the same level as lfr I have no idea what to tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Something tells me you have no idea what this item is even about. This is a SECRET item intended to be found via SECRETIVE means so they wouldn't test it on PTR, at all. They'd only do internal testing. It's pretty easy actually to miss something like this with only internal testing. Hearthing isn't something you commonly do mid fight, so even if it was publicly tested, which it wouldn't be, it would've still been missed.
    Part of testing is also testing abmormal means, and hearthing mid fight isnt that abnormal. This is just people being bad at their jobs again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    If this is a bug, it's a dead giveaway for what you need to do to get the tome the intended way.

The tome is tied to a negative condition with the Zul fight - you are awarded the tome if the boss dies after you did not meet a certain condition. The condition is probably taking damage from a certain ability or dealing damage to adds. There are only a few things it could possibly be. One is corrupted blood, if aspect of the turtle blocks the first application.
    I second this.
    First off, this is a bug, so everyone chill out before screaming that the sky is falling.
    Second, this is precious info that will help hunters understand what needs to be done. If hearthing out isn't the intended way, surely the right way to do things is avoiding some mechanics that are obviously completely nullified if you flat out leave the instance. Secret finders should try to pinpoint the exact phase my hearthing out at different times during the fight and seeing if they receive the tome. I expect it to just be rolled back and not to warrant a ban.

EDIT: easier yet, have a hunter die at the start of the fight. If he gets the tome, things will be easier to figure out. Dunno why that would be considered "heroic" by Zul though. If he doesn't, the plot thickens because the two situations (leaving/dying) would both have in common the skipping of tactics, but have a different outcome.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2018-12-23 at 04:44 PM.

Nope none of that by itself is toxic. It’s people that are toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If you put mything raiding on the same level as lfr I have no idea what to tell you.
    Obviously not. LFR is full of trolls, Mythic raiding is full of elitist douches.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nope none of that by itself is toxic. It’s people that are toxic.
    ^^^
    The fact is, there aren't nearly enough rewards for uncommon decency / punishments for common elitist / trollish prickery. Can't change people, change the game.

Obviously not. LFR is full of trolls, Mythic raiding is full of elitist douches.
    You sound like somebody who literally never set a foot in a mythic raiding guild.

Deleted
    What about those hunters who can only do normal zul? This locks out probably 80% of all hunters from obtaining those pets.