Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I don’t what? You lost me ...
    I expect value for my money and time. Call me crazy. I wonder how CDPR can deliver that though. Strange.
    CDPR today is like what Blizzard was 15 years ago. Good times.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would be OK with putting most of the story into the world. I appreciate that LFR is there for the rest of us who never raided or no longer bother to but it just feels like the right thing to me to put the bulk of the story into a place where--if it's any good--it can be taken in without the distractions of not standing in stuff or all the other stuff that comes along with being in a room where 15-25 people are actually trying to accomplish something.

Boss fights aren't really much of a story although I suppose the accompanying cinematics have their place. It's just personally annoying and feels like a leftover thread from the "raid or die" days.

I actually quite liked the way they handled things in Warlords with the weekly quests that extended the story. Might be the only thing I liked about Warlords after leveling but I thought that was OK. There HAS to be some other way to drip the story along in a relatively sequential way that doesn't involve huge chunks of it all at once that you finish immediately and then making you wait for months to know more.
    I mean we can agree the weekly pacing felt good but I'll also say the quests themselves felt largely irrelevant andv hollow. But that was WoD in a nutshell.

WoW is honestly something of a unique beast making raids the focus of their main storyline rather than an important side story.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post

MSQ the main story then there is side story content for the next dungeon, or beast tribe lore etc etc overall can take about 4-5 hrs at a normal pace if you read fast and such.

MSQ is only marked the main story as its required to the next patches story but all side stories are cannon in that they happen all during the time of the MSQ.
    Honestly... It's very hard to judge. The GCD in ff14 is way longer. So I can see 1/3 of the time being just standing around waiting while animations play. It's a different kind of pace and I can see it taking longer without actually being that much more content.
    But I wonder if having one more hour would really make a difference to you people. Let's not forget wow has 2 factions as well. The content volume would definitely appear bigger if they stopped slicing it in half.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I expect value for my money and time. Call me crazy. I wonder how CDPR can deliver that though. Strange.
    I love CDPR, but comparing developing constant content to MMO and big RPG/open world every 5 years is beyond stupid. They don't have to make 36 different playstyles for Witcher 3, they don't have to make engaging replayable content and worry if people will still play it every day after year. My 100% of W3 is something around 200 hours, but it's still nothing to WoW, where you measure your playtime rather in days than hours.

If I had to compare, WoW (and other games with replayability in mind) are regular daily meal and W3 is dinner in fancy restaurant. Of course second will always have better quality, but you can't afford to do this every night (or rather devs can't afford to release one every few months).

Make comparison that make sense - CDPR to Rockstar or Bethesda and Blizzard to Square Enix.

Well thats the problem with story, atleast in wow. Its great when we get it, its great when we experience it and do it, but it quickly gets old.

I have always enjoyed the stories in wow and it has always sucked knowing I gotta wait months for the next part.

Theres more story coming with the raid in january and after that we gotta wait several months for more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you want a huge dump of day 1 quest lore you may want to try another MMO out there. WoW always puts 3/4 of its lore in or behind the raid.
    i see.. well, thanks everyone i think that i going to had to try others mmo's until 8.3 and the last drop of timed gated content drops. waiting months to have 1 or 2 hours of story doesn't feel that great.

hopefully the kultiran and zandalari scenarios had a least a decent amount of story (in 3 months?) otherwise.. i think that i am unsubbing.

again, thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Then they shouldn't charge a sub fee of the 15 dollars.
    Careful, I doubt that moron Nemmar can handle this logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this is it. Good story, or at least goodish. Name a single patch that had more than 2 hours of story available on release of the patch. This is just how patches work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    Greetings friends,so i recently did the quests from 8.1, while i do enjoyed the quests of the war campaign, i had like, 1 hour or 2 of gameplay? (i did it really slow)

i was wondering if i can expect new quests apart from the last chapter of the war campaign before the raid, literally 1 month from now.
    i waited 4 months to have this poor amount of quests?.

like i said, truly enjoyed this 3 chapters, so i don't know if is just me expecting to have a long and complex questline to do right now.

The tyrande part had something like that, but, 30 mins and a permanent stalemate isn't exactly what i was expecting.
    is normal that blizzard has little to zero development in the story in content pacths? because this is really killing my will to play, i am actually planning leave the game and come back once 8.3 drops and i can do the last-time gated story.
    what do you guys think, there is going to be more story before the raid opens?
    Remember when we didn't get any content outside of a raid here or there in patches. Man you people are so spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    as the war campaign says. You would have to wait for the raid to continue the story. Which is coming in January.
    Yes raids really got so good story telling so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I love CDPR, but comparing developing constant content to MMO and big RPG/open world every 5 years is beyond stupid. They don't have to make 36 different playstyles for Witcher 3, they don't have to make engaging replayable content and worry if people will still play it every day after year. My 100% of W3 is something around 200 hours, but it's still nothing to WoW, where you measure your playtime rather in days than hours.

If I had to compare, WoW (and other games with replayability in mind) are regular daily meal and W3 is dinner in fancy restaurant. Of course second will always have better quality, but you can't afford to do this every night (or rather devs can't afford to release one every few months).

Make comparison that make sense - CDPR to Rockstar or Bethesda and Blizzard to Square Enix.
    I’m comparing their mindsets and priorities on their common way to make money. CDPR wants to make best games in the world so players want to spend some part of their available time on CDPR products. That’s a concept so foreign to current Blizzard like the home countries of these studios - USA and Poland.
    Crazy stuff, I know ... the concept of calling players, players - not payers, whales or customers ... and delivering best possible products so players can vouch with their wallets. WoooHaaa!

Also - calling me stupid for how you interpreted my post is ... yeah, whatever
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-12-23 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I honestly don't get what you people expect. When did you get more than this ungated? You expecting a whole expansion worth of storyline quests with each patch?

Go do invasions and emmissaries or something. Those are the ones that give you progress.

If you only care about the story just come back after the last patch.
    People expected more than just a little more story content than we've seen in 6.1.

8.1, besides attempting to fix some core issues such as rewards, class design and azerite, doesn't really add that much to the game right now, which is obviously a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by rrp.nikolai View Post
    Yes this is it. Good story, or at least goodish. Name a single patch that had more than 2 hours of story available on release of the patch. This is just how patches work.
    Okay let me... wait there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Kenway View Post
    Remember when we didn't get any content outside of a raid here or there in patches. Man you people are so spoiled.
    You mean like literally never? EVERY raid-patch in the game also added other content.

2.1 added the Ashtounges questchain, ogrilla, skettis, netherwing drakes, epic druid flight forms (and the quest-chain attached to it), new arena, more extra quests.
    2.3 added a new catch up and gearing system, some vanilla zones got more quests content. (this might be the ONLY patch where your comment might make sense)
    2.4 added Quel'Danas, new dungeon

3.1 added the Argent Tournament and many new other quests
    3.2 added a new bg, new dungeon
    3.3 3 new dungeons, many new quests, kaluak fishing event

4.2 added two big questchain, a new daily hub area
    4.3 added 3 new dungeons, many new quests, Darkmoon Faire rework

5.2 added the Isle of Thunder
    5.4 added the Timeless Isle

6.2 added Tanaan Jungle, shipyards, more quest content (besides Tanaan), timewalking, micro holidays, mythic dungeons

7.1 added a big new dungeon, the Suramar campaign and Balance of Power continuation and many new other quests
    7.2 added the Broken Shore and Invasions
    7.3 added Argus

8.1 more new quests, new warfront (content that almost no one cares about and content that you can play every 3 weeks unless you play both factions), new islands (=just more scenery, since the actual content is dynamic and can be applied to all islands), Invasions 1.1 and that's it.

And that's all just the stuff that I can remember (for the other raid patches), there's probably a lot more there. Like srsly dude stop being such a complete apologist, when there's no reason to be one.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-12-23 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You mean like literally never? EVERY raid-patch in the game also added other content.

2.1 added the Ashtounges questchain, ogrilla, skettis, netherwing drakes, epic druid flight forms (and the quest-chain attached to it), new arena, more extra quests.
    2.3 added a new catch up and gearing system, some vanilla zones got more quests content. (this might be the ONLY patch where your comment might make sense)

3.1 added the Argent Tournament and many new other quests

4.2 added two big questchain, a new daily hub area

6.2 added Tanaan Jungle, shipyards, more quest content (besides Tanaan), timewalking, micro holidays, mythic dungeons

7.1 added a big new dungeon, the Suramar campaign and Balance of Power continuation and many new other quests
    7.3 added Argus

8.1 more new quests, new warfront (content that almost no one cares about and content that you can play every 3 weeks unless you play both factions), new islands (=just more scenery, since the actual content is dynamic and can be applied to all islands), Invasions 1.1 and that's it.

And that's all just the stuff that I can remember (for the other raid patches), there's probably a lot more there. Like srsly dude stop being such a complete apologist, when there's no reason to be one.
    Oh wow, a couple of quests every now and then.

Oh wow, a couple of quests every now and then.
    You seem to be a really 'special' type of person I see, aren't ya? I have highlighted the stuff that isn't a "couple of quests every now and then" just for you.

Or are you actually talking about patch 8.1, which actually just added a couple of quests and nothing else really? I mean every patch listed here (except 2.3) added waaay more content than 8.1

3.1 added the Argent Tournamentand many new other quests

4.2 added two big questchains, a new daily hub area

7.3 added Argus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You seem to be a really 'special' type of person I see, aren't ya? I have highlighted the stuff that isn't a "couple of quests every now and then" just for you.

Or are you actually talking about patch 8.1, which actually just added a couple of quests and nothing else really? I mean every patch listed here (except 2.3) added waaay more content than 8.1

3.1 added the Argent Tournamentand many new other quests

4.2 added two big questchains, a new daily hub area

7.3 added Argus
    Dungeons are the same as raids. Most of the outdoor content was barely existent prior to Cataclysm.

Dungeons are the same as raids. Most of the outdoor content was barely existent prior to Cataclysm.

WTF are you even talking about?

Again, it's pretty incredible how you can just be a complete apologist to a company that you're not associated with (or aren't you?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know this patch may be bad but at least it's not as bad as Patch 6.1.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The current questing content is pretty much a build up to the raid, which is where the big developments usually happen. It probably won't be very "satisfying" to many until the story actually concludes. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the cinematics.

According to multiple reviews, the new raid is apparently really good. The new Azerite changes are also coming with the new raid, so that should improve the system a bit till they implement the 8.2 changes they mentioned. New races are out with the new raid too i think, so there's some content attached to that.

That said, If you don't really enjoy raiding and pushing M+, I'm afraid You're not going to enjoy the coming patch that much.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.