Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Like others said earlier, first week twitch viewer numbers mean little in the long run, since it's just big streamers hopping on the new game

Case in point, Shroud alone is 60k of those 160k viewers, and he gets that many viewers playing anything.
    You are right but i havent seen any outrage so far...which is strange. Everything is silent.

Edit: Let me check the general discussions on steam. Maybe something is going on there.

edit2: There seems to be a couple bugs
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-23 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You are right but i havent seen any outrage so far...which is strange. Everything is silent.

Edit: Let me check the general discussions on steam. Maybe something is going on there.

edit2: There seems to be a couple bugs
    The game has transcended outrage.
    It has now become a meme.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The game has transcended outrage.
    It has now become a meme.
    oh boy, cant wait for the videos to come. Starting by LazyPeon.
    Everything seemed alright at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is absolute crap.

My frame rate is fine, but the controls feel horrible, graphics are horrible (all on max), UI is horrible, feels sluggish, combat is horrible. My ping appeared fine but combat just felt laggy as fuck, as I was getting hit but stuff out of range and also killing stuff out of range.

I wanted to stop playing after 2 mins, but kept going for an hour and a half before refunding.

Yes it's early access, so I guess it's to be expected. How people can have fun with this I do not know.

Makes Fallout 76 feel like a triple A finished £100 game.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh w t f?
    This was supposed to beat Sea of Thieves?
    I had never been more disappointed.. Crossing over Atlas.
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh w t f?
    This was supposed to beat Sea of Thieves?
    I had never been more disappointed.. Crossing over Atlas.
    me too. is just not for me.

Meanwhile i bought .hack//G.U. Last Recode and Dragon Quest XI

Gave up on WoW and unsubscribed until the new raids at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eww. I hate how Ark looks, and it's like copy paste (Even Ark's menu is there as a hidden choice). Ark has the worst UI I have ever seen, and it's even worse now. But sure, it's only early access, so plenty of time for things to change.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Eww. I hate how Ark looks, and it's like copy paste (Even Ark's menu is there as a hidden choice). Ark has the worst UI I have ever seen, and it's even worse now. But sure, it's only early access, so plenty of time for things to change.
    Eh that "early access" debate went out the window after a lot of devs clearly started just using these things as promotions rather than actual testing.

PUBG and Ark are prime examples. I mean Ark still isn't optimised properly for XB1 and Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I half-expect a 'scandal' to break out where the Ark studio paid some streamers to continually play it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I half-expect a 'scandal' to break out where the Ark studio paid some streamers to continually play it.
    Oh i expect a scandal after i saw the game run on lower settings.

It looked like a PS1 game

Hopefully no PC needs to run it in lower settings.

edit: im not even kidding, it looked like a ps1 game.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-23 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i expect a scandal after i saw the game run on lower settings.

It looked like a PS1 game

Hopefully no PC needs to run it in lower settings.
    Just launched Steam and had an offline message from the friend that assumed he was going to refund that said "aaaaand refunded. It's been real Atlas.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game seems good.
    There seems to be no performance issues.
    What could have is lag once 40 000 people login on the same server.

Apart from that seems good....if you enjoy survival games.
    And thats the problem for me.
    This game is a survival game first and a pirate game after.

Its too hardcore for me so i guess ill pass.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when Forsen died to lack of Vitamin C...
    Lack of fucking vitamin C man, on top of all the other survival things you need to do.

Ill pass just because of that, because is a survival game.

I can't believe people actually fell for this statement.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I have a very small friends list on Steam (by choice) and two of them are currently playing this. One enjoys Ark and the other buys games left and right, but he said he has a timer set for just under 2 hours so he can refund it when the time comes. He didn't even attempt to lie to himself or me about him returning it not being practically guaranteed.

I looked into the game more and @Eleccybubb appears to be right in that it's a cashgrab asset flip. So there's nothing to suggest it won't have; unoptimized garbage performance like Ark, any other type of improvement as it's just as clunky as Ark, and is also likely aimed at consoles.

Having said that you can't blame the team/publisher. They were shown with Ark that you can sell trash, secretly use Steam to test console games, and do basically whatever else you want as long as the game is niche (OMG DINOSAURS).

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to actually pay for this.

Edit - And now a 3rd friend just bought it, but he also enjoys Ark.
    I mean people paid for Star Citizen 7 years ago and that game still ain't even near release after blowing most of the budget.

- - - Updated - - -

Just launched Steam and had an offline message from the friend that assumed he was going to refund that said "aaaaand refunded. It's been real Atlas.
    Yeah got like 10 friends who refunded it.

I find it funny tbh that they were having a pop at me for the criticism that was similar to what me and a few others were saying in this thread and now suddenly they are like "game is shit".

I mean I love my friends but they are odd sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh that "early access" debate went out the window after a lot of devs clearly started just using these things as promotions rather than actual testing.

PUBG and Ark are prime examples. I mean Ark still isn't optimised properly for XB1 and Switch.
    Ark is not perfect, but Ark during early access and Ark right now are two different beasts completely. They improved it constantly from the day it appeared as EA to the day they officially release, which is what EA is all about. Its still rough around the edge, it will never be really perfect with some glitchs (PC of course, I know console ports are in a shit state, they looked more like a cash grab than anything), but for what it tries to accomplish as a game, its in a good state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that a scandal? Streamers get sponsored to play games all the time.

I am baffled as to why they are playing it for so long. The game is utter shit. Still I guess if I had a following I made a living off, I wouldn’t mind playing shit for a laugh now and again.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-12-23 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Why is that a scandal? Streamers get sponsored to play games all the time.

I am baffled as to why they are playing it for so long. The game is utter shit. Still I guess if I had a following I made a living off, I wouldn’t mind playing shit for a laugh now and again.
    For most of them yeah you are right, they make a living out of it so.. even if its in a bad state atm, they can still capitalize on that.

I still play too, but its gonna be one of those game, like Ark, that I end up with 1000+ hours over the course of its development. Will probably still play for a couple of days than wait couple of patches, on and off basically.

Why does it have so much view in Twitch? Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    New MMO, big map and Pirates.

It also looked awesome in the trailer, when in reality the game looks nothing like the trailer. Why no one has made a big deal about that is unclear. I guess because of EA?

Just because it's new and big names are playing it. Nothing else really.

The same way every new trash survival game gets big views at release.

They send free codes to every streamer known to man, give them preferential treatment with special servers and rely on them to market the game for them because most of these are amateur hour productions that can't do it themselves.

In a month it will be getting 1-5k on average as per usual.