Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    [QUOTE=Al Gorefiend;50640409]Why would you want to fire Alex afrasiabi he's been part of the team for over a decade. Vanilla devs leaving is bad

- - - Updated - - -

Because he's garbage. Delaying flying, plus not to mention the crappy darkshore story that doesn't make sense. Then we are told that the Zandalari raid is suppose to be payback for Teldrassil. How tf is that making any sense when the nightelves would rather have help retaking darkshore then raiding zandalar. No nighelves are even taking part in that raid. Total BS. Honestly I hope Activision forces him , Ion and Danuser to leave. Also would like to see Lore leave, heck we no longer have to deal with Netherea anymore. Glad she isn't around anymore, her posts were annoying at times.

Can't blame activision for how crappy the game is , thats all the devs fault. Rng,classes, time gating , no flying. Activision doesn't affect any of that. The devs are crying about there bonuses. With how this last blizzcon went, they don't deserve a penny of it. The only devs that deserve a bonus are the devs for SC2, HotS, overwatch, and hearthstone. Diablo and warcraft devs should have there salarys cut. Using the cuts from theres to add to the other game devs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just don't care anymore, I am going to play on private servers because I own every version of the game that has existed and Blizzard will no longer get my money unless they really do something spectacular for the player base. I have thrown enough money and good will their way over the last 20 years.
    and what would that "something spectacular" be?
    massive sales? done
    more yearly celebrations with more rewards? done
    free rewards in tons of games? done (starcraft 2 free skins for just watching streams, wow more holiday rewards, hearthstone tons of free rewards all over, overwatch free rewards, same with hots)
    what would be the "spectacular" you speak of?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Seems very dishonest on their part, considering it's the first time they are doing this, and in this period of unrest for them.

Also:

friend
    /frɛnd/

(used as a polite form of address or in ironic reference) an acquaintance or a stranger one comes across.
    except it is not, they have done this every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to jail for what? I own all the clients and software. Not to mention in Canada no one gives a fuck about that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

No, everyone is legitimately upset with how shitty things have become with one of their favorite companies and this is like a spit in your face if you are pissed off.
    1. yes they do in canada
    2. it is still illegal, so no, sorry buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    The problem is that this feels more like "Thank you for giving us your money in a year where we absolutely ducked you up in every imaginable position" rather than a "Thank you for believing in us". This was objectively one of the worst year for Blizzard, so to see them claim it was a great year is obviously going to attract anger.

There are times when it's better to say nothing.
    where in the video does it say "thank you for giving us your money" i didn't see that message i saw a celebration of all the blizzard franchises and a thanks to the fans for supporting them in one way or another, i didn't see store mounts and pets being shown off with "BUY NOW RIGHT NOW 4200$ OF MOUNTS!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibel View Post
    You had world's colliding, it was HOTS and your killed it ������
    except they didnt, the playerbase did, everyone called it a "shit copy of dota/league" and its playerbase constantly dwindled, we killed it not them.

- - - Updated - - -

I give myself this right since they have not made every version of something I paid for available at all times. I am actually creating a document and association about software like this and hope it gets enforced since anything you pay for should be yours and should be provided a way to play it either through a subscription or emulation.
    you cant "give yourself the right" that is not how the law works buddy.
    and no, you do not own everything you pay for.
    if you rent an apartment you do not own it, even though you are paying for it.
    when you rent a car, you do not own it, even though you pay for it.
    holy moly boy, dont give us canadians such a stupid face.

- - - Updated - - -

I contribute too much to society, jail won't happen for me unless I commit a real crime. Just like all the years I smoked weed and never got in trouble for it because no one cares.
    if your gonna act like a law breaking child and be proud of it could you remove the canadian tag? your making me feel bad for my fellow canucks, who would not all like to be labeled as law breaking illegals.

- - - Updated - - -

I contribute too much to society, jail won't happen for me unless I commit a real crime. Just like all the years I smoked weed and never got in trouble for it because no one cares.
    if your gonna act like a law breaking child and be proud of it could you remove the canadian tag? your making me feel bad for my fellow canucks, who would not all like to be labeled as law breaking illegals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Bzzzt wrong.

It's illegal to host those servers.

Not play on them. There is nothing in the ToU that states you MUST play WoW on their servers.
    Actually in technicality you are still pirating the game by downloading illegal versions of the client, its the same as emulating it is in technicality illegal, in the same way downloading movies and music is illegal. unlikely to get in trouble for it, but you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    For being a news-site there seems to be very few news. Not counting "ANOTHER ROTATING BOSS THIS WEEK AND ANOTHER ROTATING WEEK EVENT!" or "another day, another hotfixes" since they are not a news.

This site is following WoW, if you know what I mean.
    really? they have been giving out TONS of news, but we literally JUST had the patch drop, so not much news coming in other then secrets being found... no new patch to start datamining yet or updates to discuss... so... i dont know what you are suspecting..?

do you want them to make news updates about "Oh this person who works on wow coughed, thats your news for the hour!'

no, games do not get updates EVERY SINGLE DAY chill dude

- - - Updated - - -

?
    This website has very little to do with "news" since like the end of MoP, maybe even earlier.
    Each day a new main page thread is being made, with irrelevant "news" just to generate a few more adds, even though most of the visitors arent masochists and use adblock to protect themselves from this website... Or "here's a summary of X. Ofc we already summarized it one week ago, back then it was summary of two other summaries, but click counts gotta be right".
    what do you call news then?
    if datamined stuff
    new patch data
    unannounced things
    bug fixes, changes, and class balance
    patch dates
    secret finds
    guides
    blue posts and updates

are not news to you? what do YOU call news, if none of those things?
    can you show me this news they showed back in cataclysm that they dont show now?

- - - Updated - - -

That is literally how every right has been given... People decided it was a right and made it law...
    you are not a member of the goverment, i would love to see you in court on a murder case "i gave myself the right, because she put the toliet paper roll on wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Tthis site post news frequently. I would say it's actually very quick on it too.
    not as quick as wowhead usually, but as it takes longer it usually is more complete and not getting new stuff added every 3 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It is slap in the face... Another one tbh.
    sadly its the lack of hots players that killed hots, not blizzards fault.

i can make a game that 5 people super enjoy, and love it.
    but if only 5 people like it, and i need atleast 10 to be able to keep it online, is that my fault, or just "well i tried, but not enough people want to play"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Last time blizzard did something about private server PROVIDER (mind you, not players) it was inviting them to their hq to discuss classic wow. Imagine what they could do to a single person !!!! The other guy is right.. probably jail time!
    remember all those times blizzard fucking sued private server devs into the fucking ground?
    https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/16/...erver-lawsuit/
    like when blizz sued 88 million?
    https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...n-hours-launch
    or when a private server launched and within hours blizz had it shut down?
    mhm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    To be fair, shit didn't go sideways until BFA, now they are just asking for it.
    wait are you saying Wod, cata, and mop wernt "Sideways" ?
    im confused, was wod, mop, and cata good expansions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47 View Post
    All those vids are from 2017...
    no they arnt, im sorry buddy but the wotlk expansion came out like 10 years ago.
    the dva and reindhardt cinematics were this year.
    reaper of souls was a few years, so was the hots cinematic, the burning crusade and vanilla ones much older..

literally only like... an eighth of the vids were from 2017...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Thanks for the edit of random clips from old videos trying to make it seem like you still care about the players. I would rather have you actually communicate with the playerbase on the state of the company/games instead.

To the people complaining about those such as myself that are criticizing Blizzard, YOU are the part of the problem. Acting as though everything is fine and dandy and blindly calling people that see the reality - a developer we all loved and grew up with gradually fading away into another corporate shithole of a company - trolls and idiots. Just stop.
    you mean like how they are, but people then cry saying they are lying or ruining the games?
    like how they talk about how hots is doing poorly and they need to draw back development on it, and then blizz is blamed for such?
    and no, people are not blindly defending them, people are going "oh hey, they thank us every year, this one has alittle compliation of all their cinematics, cute, i love to be part of this community, even if i dislike the games, or dont even play some of them anymore"

people seem to act like to be a blizzard fan, you need to pay 100$ a month and dedicate 20 hours a day to wow and they are seeping the life from us.
    while forgetting blizzard has 3 free games, with all content open to all players, trials for almost all their games, and all of them you can earn everything ingame through one way or another, they have been devving for coming up on... fourty years i think? (if we count old blizzard like lost vikings and rocknroll racers)
    just because you do not like the current state of wow, does not mean "ENTIRE COMPANY IS SHIT FUCK THEM"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    go fuck yourselves with your money blizzard, thats all that matters anymore.
    that is all that has mattered since day 1. they are a company, they need to feed their employees, do you want them to develop for free?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The fact that Blizzard wastes money making cinematics for WoW instead of fixing the in-game issues should tell everyone their focus.

They do not care about improving their game, they care about marketing it.
    you do know money doesent solve all problems right?
    if they have a cinematics team, and a development team, do you want them to tell the cinematics team they are fired, so they can try to hire a few more devs, which they have had job openings for, for along time, but its hard to find good enough people.
    or would you idk, tell them "here make some stuff to populate the game!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Blizz:"haha, just wanted to wish a happy holidays to you guys"
    entitled brats:"how about you fuck off????"
    Yeah pretty much, blizz could make a post saying "we wish you all a happy winter veil, have a free hearthstone toy, a new alliance and horde armor toy, some hearthstone packs, some hots packs, free starcraft skins for your buildings, and we wish you all a happy holiday!"
    and people would still complain.

oh wait they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    That's hilarious. This email is like a giant slap in the face after what happened recently. It's like they are laughing at the playerbase.
    really? at this point even "happy holidays, thank you for sticking with us for the year"
    is a slap in the face?

literally at this point is ANYTHING they say a slap in the face?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    They stripped me of one of my favorite hobbies this year. Not a fan of late 2018 Blizzard.
    and those arrrreeeeee?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Thanks for screwing HoTS over.
    they didnt, the lack of players did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    "Everytime I kill a franchise it appears on this weird crystal!"

"Neat!"

Also "Welcome Home" reminded me of Sodasopa from South Park.
    blizzard didnt kill it, the lack of players did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    You know where "Worlds Unite"? In Heroes of the Storm. Or at least they used to......
    until players decided it was the most shit of the moba's and stopped playing it, then making it not earn enough for a full time development team.

More updates constantly then any other moba, constant free content, one of if not the best unlock system.
    "blizzard killed it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    I've read through most of the pages already existing on the subject and I'm surprised how all these Blizzard whiteknights don't realise that THIS VIDEO IS THE OPENING OF BLIZZCON. THEY LITERALLY RE-UPLOADED THE BLIZZCON INTRO AS A HOLIDAY VIDEO.

But yeah, we people that are actually up to date on such things are such sick haters that we're never Blizzard fans in the first place and we shouldn't hate on them because they took the time to mail us a video thats over a month old. /s
    ok... and? I dont... I dont see the problem, this is just the video they showed at blizzcon they had yet to release on youtube, and put it along side their message, it wasn't meant to be some "OMFG LOOK AT THIS NEW THING" no its just something to celebrate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Multistryke View Post
    What a presumptuous thing to post.
    yeah how dare those fucking fuckwits at blizzard thank us for being part of the community and wish us a happy holidays, fuck those guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm pretty sure that some people, if Blizzard sent them a solid gold bar, would complain it was too heavy.
    Remember when blizzard was so cool they sent people for free statues to thank them for 10 years constant sub (with some breaks allowed)
    yeah people seem to like to push that to the curb when talking about how blizzard is all about fucking over the customer... they literally had nothing to gain, it wasn't a store item, it was not an item you could keep going and get, it was just a surprise.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-12-24 at 05:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    thank you for what?

for the second worst expansion?

for the worst blizzcon?

for destroying teldrassil?

for destroying sv hunter?

a big FU from a night elf main hunter!
    "A story thing happened fuck you!"
    seriously? if you want teldrassil that much there is an npc you can talk to...
    also lots of people love SV hunter, maybe you should change spec?
    worst blizzcon? really? ooooooook
    second worst expansion? ehhhh idk, i wouldnt compare it to ENTIRE expansions right off the bat, so far cata is still worse, we will have to see how its 8.2 is, and what we have coming in 8.3, 8.3.5 and maybe after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    I for one would love to have Bliz test your theory.
    like how they did with the orc statues?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strawbrrykek View Post
    It's a bit funny how they edit out all the American fatties when they pick footage from Blizzcon.
    There is plenty in the video i could point out, but unlike you obviously I dont give a fuck about that stuff... nor am I a prick enough to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The nerve to make something like this and dare include shots of competitive gaming events after they left a ton of players jobless last week overnight.

Whatever little bit of dignity this company had left (piggy backing on its past successes, of course) just flew out the window, into outer space and crashed into the sun.
    yes, its blizzards fault they couldn't get people interested in their game, they shoulda just started paying people to play hots, it was free already, at this point the only way to get people to play would be to PAY PEOPLE to play hots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Newsflash mr. man, every job is stupid unless it's one where you actually help people, like a firefighter, doctor or anything like that.

This was like the NFL announcing overnight that they're disolving, putting thousands of people including athletes who train day and night for their entire life to get there out of an official job.

Stop being so fucking obtuse.
    i mean he is right, i am all for Esports members, but Esports in SPECIFIC games are very easy to just one day "sorry we need to shut down the game"
    but you are never gonna hear "sorry we are shutting down every single hospital in the world sorry"

yes being an esport player is a real job, but it does not have much job security, unless you are able to move from one game to another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Holy shit wall of spam these Blizz shills have issues.
    wall of spam? Im talking as everyone else here is, just not many people on right now so my posts over a total of 20 minutes all get clumped up.
    also just going throguh and responding to people as i see fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primemrip View Post
    It just looks like an attempt to show potential investors that Blizzard has had a good year and spark some interest in their stock. It's a pony show for their games. They are saying "look at our products" they did great this year.

This isn't for players of their games, the players know the state of Blizzard's games transcends a few cut-scenes.
    Really an email to their friends with a video they showed at blizzcon is a pony show for their investors, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The video makes me really wish there was a game where you could play all of these characters and have them fight each other. Oh wait, there was a game like that and they abandoned it. Yeah great year Blizzard.
    they abandoned it? i think you mean the players did, blizz has been trying to keep it affloat for years, but it has always been labled as the worst moba, and that people shouldnt play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    Private servers=jailtime

This is a great representation of the Blizzfanboy's understanding and perspective of the world.

We shall study this and work towards a cure.
    Doing drugs=jailtime...
    Yes, doing something illegal will get you jailtime if you get caught, and the authorities care enough...
    welcome to the world?
    if you for some stupid reason sent evidance of you playing private servers to blizzard, they may just ban you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Blizzard is Paying Staff to Quit Their Jobs as Cost Cutting Measure While Activision Influence Grows

Tell the full story, its CS staff, which many companies constantly downsize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    well, when you fired all the goods devs who take time to do square corner in games and just keep the devs who will do shit with microtransaction, soon or later , that will come back to your face, i dream of a new gaming company rising with all thoses devs who really care about the players and just do a lots of epik games and spill on ea and activision
    t...they didnt fire them? what "Good devs" did they fire?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude get over it it’s a shitty game and blizz are a big company they don’t need you to white knight them also I don’t think your responses are going to change anyone’s opinion on the Activision company.
    1. i dont think the game is perfect, but it is far from shitty
    2. wow is not blizzards only game, so to bake the entire company in on "WOW IS SHIT, SO ENTIRE COMPANY IS SHIT' is just... horrible.
    3. white knighting? No, not white knighting, it is called logic and evidance.

I always knew FelPlague is the most special nerd of all.
    Actually thinking HOTS failed because people left to lol or dota or because people didnt appreciate the in-game free shit is really next level...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy120 View Post
    Actually thinking HOTS failed because people left to lol or dota or because people didnt appreciate the in-game free shit is really next level...
    yes, hots failed because people rather play dota,smite, and league.
    what could blizz do to make it compete with them?
    also not even gunna qoute me?

- - - Updated - - -

What you call logic and evi”dance” looks just like a child throwing a tantrum on everyone else because they obviously disagree with your point of view just chill out no one is interested in reading your spam I know I certainly wasn’t.
    they dont disagree with my point as they haven't even responded, but they are shitting on literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    useless, uninteresting spam
    For someone telling me to chill, you sure seem like a mad girl who's been touched in the wrong place.

And the wall of spam itself... Holy mother of cringeness, are you mentally stable?

- - - Updated - - -

they dont disagree with my point as they haven't even responded, but they are shitting on literally nothing.
    Someone who is deconstructing 4 sentence post into 20 quotes isnt even worth shitting on. There is a line in each discussion and you crossed it by a mile. And your gibberish doesnt even resemble a mature discussion, so why bother? Why dont you go and talk to your dolls instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    For someone telling me to chill, you sure seem like a mad girl who's been touched in the wrong place.

And the wall of spam itself... Holy mother of cringeness, are you mentally stable?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who is deconstructing 4 sentence post into 20 quotes isnt even worth shitting on. There is a line in each discussion and you crossed it by a mile. And your gibberish doesnt even resemble a mature discussion, so why bother? Why dont you go and talk to your dolls instead?
    odd that you refuse to respond to

Maybe because you have not a single logical point you switch to childish acts to ignore questions?
    again, what "news" would you rather they report? what "news" did they report back in cata, they do not now?

Deleted
    All hail our savior Felplague

Thanks for the laugh !

Quote Originally Posted by Mardy120 View Post
    Dafuq lol?

HotS failed because it came to the market way too late. And to be honest it's nothing special. I mean it's on an ok game but eh having no items is boring.

People were already embedded in LoL, Dota and Smite long before HotS.

Other games are NOT the reason HotS failed. HotS failed on it's own accord.

wait are you saying Wod, cata, and mop wernt "Sideways" ?
    im confused, was wod, mop, and cata good expansions?
    Cata may have been tilted, MoP better than cata and WoD.

WoD was filler, even while WoD was lackluster "More developers are working on World of Warcraft than ever before." Which lead to Legion.

BfA is filler, but with the best developers they have working on mobile. It doesn't stop there, Azerite failed system, class design the worst its ever been, removal of tier sets, gated, gates, nerf's leveling, reskinned races, lack of meaningful content, pushing numbers and cutting corners.

Lore calling people dick-bags, Ion can't answer a question to save his life, and bugs galore, now mounts/pets/cosmetic in the shop are going into hibernation?

BfA is on a whole new level of bad than WoD was.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

WoD was filler, even while WoD was lackluster "More developers are working on World of Warcraft than ever before." Which lead to Legion.

BfA is filler, but with the best developers they have working on mobile. It doesn't stop there, Azerite failed system, class design the worst its ever been, removal of tier sets, gated, gates, nerf's leveling, reskinned races, lack of meaningful content, pushing numbers and cutting corners.

Lore calling people dick-bags, Ion can't answer a question to save his life, and bugs galore, now mounts/pets/cosmetic in the shop are going into hibernation?

I agree with removal of tier sets though. Is just so they don't have to design 13 new armor sets per tier. Irritates me a little because tier gear had some of the best sets. The Uldir set except maybe the cloth one looks garbage. The Alliance mail Warfront armor is so-so but that's about it.

It feels like Azerite traits are trying to fill that hole and just don't imo. I mean the system for me got better once I levelled up but ofc they've turned the catchup off because "it was only intended for seasons". Urgh.

Also agree on Q and A. Ion seriously needs to start answering questions properly. I mean all he does is tell us shit we already know. FF14 live letters the devs tell us what we want to know and maybe throw in some stuff about FF14 products and whatnot but I'd say from the Q and As I've seen in interviews and at Fanfest those devs actually try to answer the more tougher questions.

I mean Allied Races were never ever advertised as brand new. We knew they were already going to be reskins of existing races. However they should have just been story gated imo. Not rep gated. Give them a big storyline at 110/120 for their respective race to unlock them.

What people find meaningful is subjective personally so I'll just leave that one where it is. Because I feel we might end up just going in circles if we discuss that one all day hehe. Also just a small point levelling got reverted back a lot for the 60-80 stuff at least. It's definitely a lot quicker again.

But yeah. Some of your points I agree with absolutely. Some I disagree with though. Overall for me BFA has been decent. It's most certainly not without it's flaws but I just don't think it's worse/as bad as WoD imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-24 at 12:56 PM.

Maybe because you have not a single logical point you switch to childish acts to ignore questions?
    again, what "news" would you rather they report? what "news" did they report back in cata, they do not now?
    Maybe because you are actually unable to accept any logical points from opposition? You are that kind of kid who believes "my way or no way" and think they are smartass cause they can write a post with 500 letters.

Hint: multiple people called out your bullshit. But let me guess: you are that type of "everyone is wrong, I'm the only one being right".

Thats why noone wants to answer to your "logical points" - your definition of logic varies largely from the one being generally agreed on.

Again, its dangerous to even shit on people like you, cause they then collect that shit out of their face and argue with me that its chocolate.

But please do provide me more of quotes, and words ranging from "logic", "childish", "argument" etc. It's a real pleasure.

Deleted
    I get that there's this whole hate-boner for Blizzard thing going on right now, but you're just deliberately being dishonest to reinforce your point. BfA is at LEAST as good as WoD, and probably a whole lot better. Just because you and a lot of others are bored of WoW's core systems after 14 years doesn't mean that islands, incursions M+ aren't 'meaningful content'. The 8.1 patch especially gave a variety of new reasons to go out and do this content, and if those aren't enough then I'm not sure what Blizzard can ever do to make it so in your opinion.

I don't necessarily disagree with your points about Azerite, class design and the recent Q&A's but come on man - the game's always had issues like that and to lump everything together and call the whole package shit is just flat out dishonest.

Oh and also, they didn't put their best developers on mobile gaming. They said 'some of their best' during a shareholder meeting because guess what - you're not going to tell your investors that you've got Joe the janitor and some entry-level designers on what, in their eyes, is the biggest growing market these days. The day I see Jeff Kaplan and the likes working on Overwatch GO I'll join you in your hate crusade, but until then I'd take such statements with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Galateacyc View Post
    so it doesn't bother you their best developers were moved to mobile?
    that the diablo franchise is becoming rated PG, meaning the removal of blood, skulls, images of torture, satanic images, and that it's going to be loaded micro-transactions up the wazzoo?
    That the wow developers "are happy with" so many things we hate such as: class pruning, gcd changes, professions, crz, pathfinder, etc?
    that 10 days before Christmas, they go back on what they said and essentially fire 100s of people on the pro HOTS tour?
    have you no sympathy for Shaman players with the changes they have been promised since beta that never arrived?
    you don't care if Lore calls us all dickbags and other bliz employees dogpile on it with no consequence?
    have you not noticed the quality of BFA of is terrible and is being seriously compared to WoD?!?
    do you consider leaving serious problems in the game broken for months while next day emergency hotfixes are rushed out whenever "fun detected"?
    you have no issues blizzard deleting likes (both forums and youtube) of things they disagree with?

Is it that unreasonable that people, after being shat on for so long, are finally getting fed up? Blizzard did this to themselves over a long period of time through the death of a thousand cuts.
    First, and I gotta start from here, a little missinformation from you, Lore called dickbags to people in a political discussion about the US, dunno about what was I don't care since I'm from EU, but because people are way to entitled to even search and spreaded this lie, others like you believe it.

Second, "their best developers" yes they indeed say that, but they would say that for every new game-content they would do, marketing, for blizzard, all of the devs are the best, or so they want us to "think", hence why they said so.

Class pruning is real, and is sad, I won't deny that. That would have gone "unoticed" if they added more talents or skills for every expansion, a fail in BFA I agree.

GCD it's not as bad as people say, very few skills are on it.

Agree on the professions, except the ones that always are in a good place because of raiding/mythic+

Pathfinder, althoug it has it's downsides, it's not bad nor good.

"that 10 days before Christmas, they go back on what they said and essentially fire 100s of people on the pro HOTS tour" Did not know this, could you share a little info please? I can't browse for it, the firewall in my work blocs almost everything, it's a surprise that mmo-c it's not.

About WOD, nope, it can't be compared, just seeing all we got (good or bad) and all we are going to have, 8.1 like it or not is way better than 6.1, and let's not talk about 8.1 vs 6.2.... and what will come in 8.3 vs there was not 6.3

I don't know I like shaman, maybe because I don't play it hardcore I don't understand but it's being fun leveling with ele, will see about enh, and a friend of mine loves the healer.

About bugs, can't say nothing here, you are right.

Feeling sad or angry about the state of a game you love is understandable, now, being total dicks even for a video/email (yeah I know it's the video of blizzcon) and saying all those things I see people writting is just amazing. how far people will go for a videogame, I don't know what will happen with their real life if they all pent up all this anger for just this and behave like this.

Cheers!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    I get that there's this whole hate-boner for Blizzard thing going on right now, but you're just deliberately being dishonest to reinforce your point. BfA is at LEAST as good as WoD, and probably a whole lot better. Just because you and a lot of others are bored of WoW's core systems after 14 years doesn't mean that islands, incursions M+ aren't 'meaningful content'. The 8.1 patch especially gave a variety of new reasons to go out and do this content, and if those aren't enough then I'm not sure what Blizzard can ever do to make it so in your opinion.

I don't necessarily disagree with your points about Azerite, class design and the recent Q&A's but come on man - the game's always had issues like that and to lump everything together and call the whole package shit is just flat out dishonest.

Oh and also, they didn't put their best developers on mobile gaming. They said 'some of their best' during a shareholder meeting because guess what - you're not going to tell your investors that you've got Joe the janitor and some entry-level designers on what, in their eyes, is the biggest growing market these days. The day I see Jeff Kaplan and the likes working on Overwatch GO I'll join you in your hate crusade, but until then I'd take such statements with a grain of salt.
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post

It's not a hate boner, it is a breaking point and Blizzard finally figured out how to piss off as many people as possible in one fell swoop.

How many years have people complained about class design, or lack thereof?

Player: Stop with the ability pruning!
    Blizzard: whats that you want us to remove more?
    Player: No! stop pruning abilities!!!
    Blizzard: We can remove more, because it makes the game more fun!

Player: Stop with the gated content!
    Blizzard: What you like gated content?
    Player: No stop with the gated content!!!
    Blizzard: Boy do we have the expansion you've all been waiting for, and its all gated!

Over and over again, warforging/titanforging more and more RNG

Some of their best developers? That is all they have left and they are not working on WoW, they are working on Mobile Projects, the proof is in the pudding: BfA.

Why would I suddenly be bored of WoW after 14 years? Is 14 some sort of magical point in time where you figure out how big of a waste this game is on your life? I figured that out in Vanilla..

I've been burnt out several times throughout my WoW career.

Vanilla: Burnout 2 times, came back and still enjoyed the game.
    Tbc: Burnout 1 time, came back still enjoyed the game.
    Wrath: Burnout 1 time, came back still enjoyed the game.
    Cata: burnout 2 times, came back still enjoyed the game.
    MoP: Skipped first half, came back kicking myself for not playing since release.
    WoD: burnout 1 time, came back still enjoyed the game.
    Legion: burnout at the end of the expansion (AtbT)

Got into BfA beta, instantly hated playing the game (class design/quests/everything just meh), didn't bother with the release, let sub lapse.
    BfA: resub 2 months later. Played about an hour, logged out and let sub lapse.
    2 weeks ago I resub again with 8.1, played about 4 hours with a friend, logged and again letting sub lapse.

The trend here stops at BfA, where coming back and enjoying the game isn't happening, clearly I'd love to enjoy the game otherwise I would come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell the full story, its CS staff, which many companies constantly downsize.
    They sure do, at the expense of offering great service that we pay a premium for.

I like to use the Fortnite example, because you clearly don't have to dip your hand 3 times to offer a good service.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because you are actually unable to accept any logical points from opposition? You are that kind of kid who believes "my way or no way" and think they are smartass cause they can write a post with 500 letters.

Hint: multiple people called out your bullshit. But let me guess: you are that type of "everyone is wrong, I'm the only one being right".

Thats why noone wants to answer to your "logical points" - your definition of logic varies largely from the one being generally agreed on.

Again, its dangerous to even shit on people like you, cause they then collect that shit out of their face and argue with me that its chocolate.

But please do provide me more of quotes, and words ranging from "logic", "childish", "argument" etc. It's a real pleasure.
    except literally only 2 people have directly replied to me, one of them you, who has YET to answer the simple answer, what news did they report back in cataclysm that they no longer report? how is the stuff posted here on MMOChamp not "news" ?

- - - Updated - - -

i mean do we have confirmation their best devs are working on mobile?
    also Lore called people on his personal twitter dickbags, people who were going to his PERSONAL twitter where he purposly does not answer blizzard related questions, and were shitting on him constantly, yeah, i would call them dickbags too.
    and i mean people like to say ion cant answer the hard questions, but refuse to remeber all the hard ones he has.

game has always had bugs, literally always, remember when charecters randomly deleted, inventories emptied, charecters got stuck falling forever cause their boat from wetlands dropped them off under the world in stonetalon mountain?

- - - Updated - - -

Player: Stop with the gated content!
    Blizzard: What you like gated content?
    Player: No stop with the gated content!!!
    Blizzard: Boy do we have the expansion you've all been waiting for, and its all gated!
    Time gating is a neccesary evil.
    either they time gate content, or players feel "required" to rush through it instantly, and then after beatign the content in no time they cry about no new content.

1 hour every week, or 5 hours every 5 weeks. one will have people getting an hour each week wishing for more, one will have people play 5 hours RIGHT AWAY then cry for 4 weeks about nothing new.

@Pickynerd.

I don't get burnout per se. But I agree the gating in WoW is BS.

FF14 doesn't do it. Actually the only one I remember was Alexander being gated for A WEEK after launch which makes sense since it gave people time to ding level 60 and get item level 170. Being able to do the content as I want to is way better than having an artificial gate behind it.

LFR is the same thing. I mean if it was a 1 week gate between each wing fine. But after the first wing opens it's 2 weeks per wing.

Say what you want but it's artificial time gating and it does irk me. I mean a one week gate to finalise and polish some stuff the fine. A 2 month gate on some LFR wings is just pathetic. Or over a month gate on story.

Broken Shore is another pitiful example. 14 week story where only the last week was actual story. Other weeks were just typical "go kill Legion" garbage.

except literally only 2 people have directly replied to me, one of them you, who has YET to answer the simple answer, what news did they report back in cataclysm that they no longer report? how is the stuff posted here on MMOChamp not "news" ?

- - - Updated - - -

i mean do we have confirmation their best devs are working on mobile?
    also Lore called people on his personal twitter dickbags, people who were going to his PERSONAL twitter where he purposly does not answer blizzard related questions, and were shitting on him constantly, yeah, i would call them dickbags too.
    and i mean people like to say ion cant answer the hard questions, but refuse to remeber all the hard ones he has.

game has always had bugs, literally always, remember when charecters randomly deleted, inventories emptied, charecters got stuck falling forever cause their boat from wetlands dropped them off under the world in stonetalon mountain?
    Some of the best devs are working on mobile, and the rest are split on other projects? Maybe Diablo 4 and a few stragglers left on WoW, but that is obvious because: BfA.

People are dicks most of the time, calling it like you see it isn't great for any company and any respectable company would fire an employee who did this. There are many ways to deal with people that doesn't involve name calling.

If you can't answer a question, don't talk for 3 minutes about shit that has nothing to do with the question.

Time gating is a neccesary evil.
    either they time gate content, or players feel "required" to rush through it instantly, and then after beatign the content in no time they cry about no new content.

1 hour every week, or 5 hours every 5 weeks. one will have people getting an hour each week wishing for more, one will have people play 5 hours RIGHT AWAY then cry for 4 weeks about nothing new.
    Time gating isn't necessary, it is lazy at the core of development.

Gating is worse than allowing people to rush, because you waste peoples time, instead of rewarding it. Gates can inflate MAU's, but it can also give players time to find a new game, or play new content leaving in between major patches.

Games need to remove the business side of the business in gaming. When the game is obviously restricting players for statistics, the game isn't as fun.
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2018-12-24 at 04:00 PM.