Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    I know the point of the thread is just hurr durr vegans are dumb, but in general people should go to a nutritionist (even if they arent vegan). Undernutrition is a pretty serious problem.
    Vegans are dumb.
    And 1 year olds don't need to go to a nutritionist. Obviously. Stores are filled to the brim with stuff specifically for babies and toddlers.

Oh, and vegans are dumb.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. Sure, but that is not what they claimed.

2. I am not pushing anything. I am countering bullshit being pushed against other bullshit.
    You are defending veganism by nitpicking at the sides of an overall valid argument. That's all there is. It's a scientifically proven fact that not having to supplement important nutrients as much as possible is a healthier diet.

Veganism is antithesis to this.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialsniper View Post
    Found this article on the Daily Mail about Australian couple that fed their infant daughter a restricted vegan diet and developed rickets from it.
    Here's the link to the article:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-rickets.html

I'm shocked how parents can think this is okay in this day and age.
    Forcing a developing child to eat Vegan is child abuse if you ask me,
    and very bad for a developing child, vegan is low on calcium/vit d(bones) but also on omega3 and b12 both are critical in the development of the brain,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/
    Most of the initial data regarding vitamin B12 deficiency in infancy are from case studies of infants exclusively breastfed by mothers on vegan, vegetarian, or lacto-ovo vegetarian diets. Several authors have described developmental retardation and “infant tremor syndrome”

its also difficult to get Iron in enough quantities especially since plantbased Iron doesnt get absorbed by the body as well as animal based Iron (need 1,8 times asmuch as a vegan to get the same result)

from the same studie above :
    Recent reviews have suggested associations between iron deficiency and behavioral and developmental problems, mediated through changes in the developing brain

- - - Updated - - -

Iron and zinc are not amino acids.
    no but they are essential minerals the body needs and especially a child needs to develop,

Zinc is a metal with great nutritional importance and is particularly necessary in cellular replication and the development of the immune response.4 Therefore, if the growing fetus and infant are at risk of developing zinc deficiency, then an adequate supply of it is essential for normal growth and development.5 Zinc ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This looks calorie deficient to me and, aside from the (sometimes) jam, I'm not seeing any fruits or vegetables in her diet. Also:

The mother lists tofu as part of the child's diet yet refuses to let the hospital use soy because of hormones? This couple sounds clueless about nutrition and that's not anything specific to veganism.
    oats are fairly calorie dense so i doubt that is the main problem
    but does show that the girl was forced in this vegan style(childabuse) if she refuses to eat most of the food she was offered

Don't you get a lot of diarrhea on a strict vegan diet?

And yet they stick to it.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Rigerous standards need to be put into place. No one with an IQ below 125 should be allowed to breed.

The problem isn't the diet is vegan, it's the diet is terrible, you'd get sick too eating just meat and dairies...

A vegan diet can be perfectly healthy, but it requires more work because proteins and fat are harder to find in vegan food (but they do exist), I'm not vegan myself but it's really stupid to think a diet is unhealthy just because it's vegan.

Even if true, its nothing new. Stupid people being terrible parents has nothing to do with veganism.

Also daily mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Vitamin B12 is the most needed nutrient that comes from meat. This is why Vegetarians do eat eggs which is extremely healthy to eat. There are supplements that do supply this but it's just cheaper and better to eat some eggs. RICKETS is the result of a lack of vitamin D which is only found in animal products such as milk and fish. While again you could acquire these nutrients from fortified food, but some things absorb better into the body if they're from an animal source. The parents with their infinite wisdom decided to impose their diet onto the child without actually studying what harm it could do. It also looks like they ignored the symptoms for a while without acting. Simply things like milk and eggs would have been enough to save the child from a life of misery.
    Again, your research is just inaccurate.

Vegan B12 is not more expensive than eggs. (Also B12 actually comes from the soil and cows get it through...get this....eating plants).
    Example

Vitamin D is not only found in animals.

The parents in question were feeding a more raw vegan diet, and it is the raw part that is the problem. A regular vegan diet is not less healthy than a non vegan diet, in fact it is more healthy generally. Numerous diseases are linked to meat intake and it is not like the majority of 1st world non vegans eat a healthy diet to begin with. Most people eating a typical 1st world non vegan diet need vitamin supplements as well.

People think a raw vegan diet is what normal vegans eat and that is very, very far from the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You are defending veganism by nitpicking at the sides of an overall valid argument. That's all there is. It's a scientifically proven fact that not having to supplement important nutrients as much as possible is a healthier diet.

I think you're being completely disingenuous about this.

1. You act as if most people don't need to supplement their current diets.
    2. Your linked study isn't really saying what you're saying it does.
    3. You're also straight up ignoring the ample research showing all the health concerns linked to red meat consumption. Link
    4. I doubt you actually know what a typical vegan diet actually is. You probably think we just eat salads and quinoa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post

No, you don't. In fact, I became a lot more regular after I went vegan.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2018-12-24 at 01:01 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Fuck vegans & anti-vaxxers.

Even 3rd world starving families wouldn't turn protection against diseases and some good meat, these are the retards we have but don't deserve.

hope they get some long quality prison time, with no vegan options.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Fuck vegans & anti-vaxxers.

Even 3rd world starving families wouldn't turn protection against diseases and some good meat, these are the retards we have but don't deserve.

hope they get some long quality prison time, with no vegan options.
    There is a gulf of difference between vegans and anti-vaxxers.

Anti-vaxxers believe in conspiracies and vegans ethically don't want to hurt other living beings and want to help the environment.

In fact, meat eaters in 1st world countries are basically like anti-vaxxers because they are ignoring the science behind the damage that meat production does to the environment.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    There is a gulf of difference between vegans and anti-vaxxers.

Anti-vaxxers believe in conspiracies and vegans ethically don't want to hurt other living beings and want to help the environment.

In fact, meat eaters in 1st world countries are basically like anti-vaxxers because they are ignoring the science behind the damage that meat production does to the environment.
    well humans need meat, personally if i don't eat a large portion of meat every day i don't feel full i would probably eat 5000+ calories and double my weight in junk food thats my reason for eating meat i like being 78kg and not 140kg+

If we're producing too much methane because of the demand of meat, then it's time to cull the population? demand for meat is only going to increase as the population does and thats perfectly normal, humans are designed to eat meat.

hopefully lab grown meat can save the environment because i don't see meat production slowing down otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well humans need meat, personally if i don't eat a large portion of meat every day i don't feel full i would probably eat 5000+ calories and double my weight in junk food thats my reason for eating meat i like being 78kg and not 140kg+

If we're producing too much methane because of the demand of meat, then it's time to cull the population? demand for meat is only going to increase as the population does and thats perfectly normal, humans are designed to eat meat.

hopefully lab grown meat can save the environment because i don't see meat production slowing down otherwise.
    No humans don't need meat. that is factually incorrect. Again, repeating that non fact is akin to anti-vaxxers repeating their stuff.

The fact that they're vegan isn't an excuse to bash vegans / vegetarians. They're just people who don't have a clue about what a good diet is.

Just think about the amount of meat eating obese children developing diabetes, heart / kidney / liver diseases, high blood pressure and the list goes on... The number is so large that it's basically become the norm in a lot of countries. If we had a meat eater bashing thread for every one of those cases, we wouldn't have time to discuss anything else.

So conclusion... just another idiotic family causing harm to their kid. Nothing new.
    Last edited by Bats; 2018-12-25 at 01:26 AM.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Just think about the amount of meat eating obese children developing diabetes, heart / kidney / liver diseases, high blood pressure and the list goes on... The number is so large that it's basically become the norm in a lot of countries. If we had a meat eater bashing thread for every one of those cases, we wouldn't have time to discuss anything else.
    I'm sure most of these people agree that's also fucked up and not alright... At least, I'd hope so.

Jesus one potato a day would have taken care of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milk isn't actually an animal source of vitamin D. It only contains vitamin D because its fortified with it.
    It has some naturally but fortified specifically to combat Rickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Again, your research is just inaccurate.

Vegan B12 is not more expensive than eggs. (Also B12 actually comes from the soil and cows get it through...get this....eating plants).
    Example
    So you think a dozen of eggs is more expensive than supplements? Not to forget all the other benefits you get from eating eggs. That supplement only takes care of one thing and that's B12. Also B12 is synthesized only from bacteria and archaeon and not just found laying in dirt. By the time your shit comes out it's actually full of B12 but you can only absorb it in the small intestines which makes it useless. The animals we eat that have lots of B12 are the result of symbiotic relationship with the bacteria. The plants you eat that have B12 are because of some bits of that dirt but it isn't a significant source of B12.
    Vitamin D is not only found in animals.
    Of course not significant sources but you do get a lot more in animals. That and sunlight.
    The parents in question were feeding a more raw vegan diet, and it is the raw part that is the problem. A regular vegan diet is not less healthy than a non vegan diet, in fact it is more healthy generally. Numerous diseases are linked to meat intake and it is not like the majority of 1st world non vegans eat a healthy diet to begin with. Most people eating a typical 1st world non vegan diet need vitamin supplements as well.

People think a raw vegan diet is what normal vegans eat and that is very, very far from the truth.
    Nothing wrong with eating raw vegan diet but like many things you have to know what you're doing and these people clearly didn't. Meat is only bad cause people tend to broil bake or fry it which is just as unhealthy as frying anything like French fries. Steaming or boiling meat will avoid those nasty carcinogens. Raw vegan people have a constant uphill battle with trying to take in enough protein and other nutrients so they tend to eat a lot of legumes and beans to make up for it. These people weren't doing that and could have avoided that by eating eggs and drinking milk.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2018-12-24 at 04:37 PM.

Oh cmon, humans are supppppppooooosed to eat just vegetables. obviously evolution has no say in the matter. peta says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Kenway View Post
    It did happen with a vegan diet.
    I wouldn't call this case a vegan diet at all. More a "idiot parents diet". Easy to list to get at the store. I bet if you could examine the rest of their life there would be as many if not more cases of no common sense as well....

Preface: All nutrients in animal products can be found in vegan foods with the exception of B12, which is actually supplemented to animals. If anything, vegans get a more direct source of B12 than omnivores. Things like complete proteins, vitamin D, iron, etc are found in plenty of vegan foods. It's all about properly planning a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Kenway View Post
    This would not have happened with a non-vegan diet.
    This would not have happened if the parent's had better nutritional knowledge and fed their child a proper vegan diet.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTheRock View Post
    We are omnivores and our bodies require the amino acids that can only be found in meat. Every single person who is not eating meat is going against mother nature and are susceptible to all kinds of random unexplained health issues.
    There are plenty of vegan foods that are complete proteins. Every amino acid can be acquired through legumes, grains, vegetables, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Veganism is literally life-threatening without proper supplementation.
    The only supplementation required is B12, which is also supplemented directly to animals which is how omnivores acquire their B12. If anything, vegans get a more direct source of B12 than omnivores.

That doesn't mean you are perfectly healthy without them.

Can you not push dangerous radical veganism just for the sake of propping up your ego over the internet? Just because you may be right doesn't mean it's the actual right thing to do enabling people to continue bad diets.
    Being vegan isn't anymore dangerous than being an omnivore. Without proper nutritional knowledge to obtain all of your micronutrients and hitting a healthy macro spread you can be malnourished in either diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Vegans are dumb.
    And 1 year olds don't need to go to a nutritionist. Obviously. Stores are filled to the brim with stuff specifically for babies and toddlers.

Oh, and vegans are dumb.
    I used to say the same thing.

Refer to my previous post regarding B12.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post

No. You get a lot of fiber in vegan diets which combats against diarrhea.
    Last edited by Ilhom; 2018-12-24 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    So you think a dozen of eggs is more expensive than supplements? Not to forget all the other benefits you get from eating eggs. That supplement only takes care of one thing and that's B12. Also B12 is synthesized only from bacteria and archaeon and not just found laying in dirt. By the time your shit comes out it's actually full of B12 but you can only absorb it in the small intestines which makes it useless. The animals we eat that have lots of B12 are the result of symbiotic relationship with the bacteria. The plants you eat that have B12 are because of some bits of that dirt but it isn't a significant source of B12.

Of course not significant sources but you do get a lot more in animals. That and sunlight.

Nothing wrong with eating raw vegan diet but like many things you have to know what you're doing and these people clearly didn't. Meat is only bad cause people tend to broil bake or fry it which is just as unhealthy as frying anything like French fries. Steaming or boiling meat will avoid those nasty carcinogens. Raw vegan people have a constant uphill battle with trying to take in enough protein and other nutrients so they tend to eat a lot of legumes and beans to make up for it. These people weren't doing that and could have avoided that by eating eggs and drinking milk.
    I don't think it is, I literally proved it is cheaper with the example I linked. That bottle isn't even comparison against one carton of eggs. One egg contains about 7% of the daily requirement of B12. Those supplements provide a lot more than that in each pill. Do the math.

Most people do not know how to eat a raw vegan diet. Meat, in this day and age, is bad for how it is produced not how it is cooked. Between the unsafe conditions, antibiotics and hormones, people are getting sicker and sicker with meat.

Also, protein per calorie, can be better gotten through numerous other sources besides meat and dairy and eggs.