Deleted

Survival base building games without Hunger and Thirst?

Hey, I know there's a "request a game" thread but I don't think it's getting a lot of traffic.

So today I bought new survival game Atlas (basically a pirate themed ARK) and I did enjoy it buy constant hunger and thirst mechanics "destroyed" my gameplay.

Same thing happened with Fallout 76 - I acutally don't think it's a bad game but hunger and thirst make it so annoying.

That's why I'm looking for some kinds of survival game with BASE BUILDING (that's the most important thing) but without frustrating mechanics like hunger and thirst.

Is there anything like this on the market?

Thanks for answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Terraria. 10/chars

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can play Subnautica without hunger and thirst and its an amazing game.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Rust might be a good choice there. Hunger and thirst are mechanics in Rust, but some servers have hunger and thirst either disabled or dialed back hardcore (to the point where you can basically ignore them as mechanics).

You do still have stuff like cold/heat, wildlife that attacks you, and other players. But there are servers that dial back on those things as well. And I think some of them even have rules about PvP combat (so raiding bases and killing players aren't allowed). There are Rust servers that basically make the game play like Minecraft.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-12-25 at 03:25 AM.

Whats the point? Then you aren't playing a survival game. You are just playing a first person shooter with base building.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Terraria. 10/chars
    Which is still being updated!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Whats the point? Then you aren't playing a survival game. You are just playing a first person shooter with base building.
    There are different types of survival. Surviving against monsters, and surviving against hunger/thirst. Second one always has higher risks involved since you have to go out of your way to secure some way of getting food and water ALL THE TIME. Basically the focus will always be food and water in all situations. Not everyone enjoys those types of games. However, surviving against monsters as you describe it as a first person shooter is still a type of survival game and the point will be to survive by setting up a base and upgrading it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    7 Days to Die has easy to alter XML files, so you can just set your Hunger/thirst to never deplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    There are different types of survival. Surviving against monsters, and surviving against hunger/thirst. Second one always has higher risks involved since you have to go out of your way to secure some way of getting food and water ALL THE TIME. Basically the focus will always be food and water in all situations. Not everyone enjoys those types of games. However, surviving against monsters as you describe it as a first person shooter is still a type of survival game and the point will be to survive by setting up a base and upgrading it.
    Then all games are then survial games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Hey, I know there's a "request a game" thread but I don't think it's getting a lot of traffic.

So today I bought new survival game Atlas (basically a pirate themed ARK) and I did enjoy it buy constant hunger and thirst mechanics "destroyed" my gameplay.

Same thing happened with Fallout 76 - I acutally don't think it's a bad game but hunger and thirst make it so annoying.

That's why I'm looking for some kinds of survival game with BASE BUILDING (that's the most important thing) but without frustrating mechanics like hunger and thirst.

Is there anything like this on the market?

Thanks for answers!
    Have you tried Ark itself? Unlike its successor, Ark does let you get rid of hunger and thirst, for the most part.

When making your game you can set the sliders for thirst and hunger all the way down (or up I don't remember) to make it basically not drain at all. There are probably mods that get rid of it entirely as well.

There are sliders for dinosaur thirst/hunger too, so you don't have to feed and water them either if you don't want to.

It will probably be more difficult to find a MP server with all of that stuff turned far down/off, however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then all games are then survial games?
    They are not. Not all games are about staying alive. WoW for example doesn't require you to be alive, since you can move around as a ghost. Sure, you want to be alive, but the game doesn't end because you die.

7 Days to Die, with that shit turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    They are not. Not all games are about staying alive. WoW for example doesn't require you to be alive, since you can move around as a ghost. Sure, you want to be alive, but the game doesn't end because you die.
    Not all survial games require this either. You just respawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not all survial games require this either. You just respawn.
    Though if you can respawn, then it isn't that much of a survival game. Unless it is a fresh start. I know some survival games makes so you lose everything where you died, so you can run there if you want to pick the loot up again. That is on the edge of what should be a survival game.

Ring of Elusium on steam ( free to play ) snowboarding / gliding / grapling , all the while running in houses and buildings collecting ammo and guns while running for your life vs 60 others over the hills through the forrest running towards the designated area for the chopper to pick you up or wait and pick off the people who get on the chopper for there are only 4 seats ,will you be able to make it ? will you survive it ? and how will you do it . i love ring of elysium becuase its in the mountains and snow and FUN the THRILL the HUNT the SURVIVAL !! , this game really gets me scared and hyped up , its sucha good game , im lvl 29 now but when i was lvl 1 to lvl 16 i died so many times , but after lvl 16 i won my first game and now im adicted to it , it took me so long to get there and so much to learn about the items that iv become very recourcefull and yet at lvl 29 i still learn things every time i play the game , besides what more fun is there to SNOWBOARD of the top of the highest mountain in that game ! going 110 miles per hour and then SLAMMING into another mountain or flying over the forrest inevitable slamming into a tree or landing on the otherside of it and just be aaaaw struck how fucking awesome that was , and then remembring its a survival game and heading to the next location , i play this game about 10 to 20 + times a day and i never get bored of it , if you want to feel THRILL if you wanna feel ALIVE , give ( Ring Of Elysium ) on steam ( free to play ) a go , you wont regret it the SNOW is awesome and the GUNS to

- - - Updated - - -

try RING OF ELYSIUM on steam Free to Play , once you realy got to know the game you will fucking love it ( snowboarding + guns + hiding or sneaking up on people ) or gliding from a mountain high in the clouds , or grappling long distances , its just fucking awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    Ring of Elusium on steam ( free to play ) snowboarding / gliding / grapling , all the while running in houses and buildings collecting ammo and guns while running for your life vs 60 others over the hills through the forrest running towards the designated area for the chopper to pick you up or wait and pick off the people who get on the chopper for there are only 4 seats ,will you be able to make it ? will you survive it ? and how will you do it . i love ring of elysium becuase its in the mountains and snow and FUN the THRILL the HUNT the SURVIVAL !! , this game really gets me scared and hyped up , its sucha good game , im lvl 29 now but when i was lvl 1 to lvl 16 i died so many times , but after lvl 16 i won my first game and now im adicted to it , it took me so long to get there and so much to learn about the items that iv become very recourcefull and yet at lvl 29 i still learn things every time i play the game , besides what more fun is there to SNOWBOARD of the top of the highest mountain in that game ! going 110 miles per hour and then SLAMMING into another mountain or flying over the forrest inevitable slamming into a tree or landing on the otherside of it and just be aaaaw struck how fucking awesome that was , and then remembring its a survival game and heading to the next location , i play this game about 10 to 20 + times a day and i never get bored of it , if you want to feel THRILL if you wanna feel ALIVE , give ( Ring Of Elysium ) on steam ( free to play ) a go , you wont regret it the SNOW is awesome and the GUNS to

- - - Updated - - -

try RING OF ELYSIUM on steam Free to Play , once you realy got to know the game you will fucking love it ( snowboarding + guns + hiding or sneaking up on people ) or gliding from a mountain high in the clouds , or grappling long distances , its just fucking awesome
    But RoE, like PUBG and Fortnite are Battle Royales, not survival games.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.