Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To me the hidden message in your post is we all have the same ending eventually anyway, be it at a young age or an old age. Life is about moderation, doing too much of one thing may have a detrimental effect on your overall well being or maybe it wont, be aware of your own health, well being and be considerate to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You have no point, because you have no hard evidence.
    You have an opinion based on your gut feelings.

Said opinion has been heard and rejected.
    Deal with it and move on.

Merry Christmas.
    You are convinced science has the answer to everything, what happens when that fairy tale ends?

I realized i was smart when i looked around the room, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Both your parents were smokers.... and you are saying "WELP, GUESS IT WAS GENETICS"

uh huh...
    My friends grandmother stopped smoking some 10 years ago, when she was in her 80s because of all the writings on packages that are telling "smoking kills", she is now 93 and she walks each day some 5km, works in garden and probably has more stamina than 50% of people on this forum who sit on their asses 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am a twin. My brother is 10 minutes older than me. I can assure you, twin studies are not enough evidence to come to real conclusions on what really matters in regards to genetics.
    I feel you man, science gave up on thought a long time ago and that sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icehot View Post
    To me the hidden message in your post is we all have the same ending eventually anyway, be it at a young age or an old age. Life is about moderation, doing too much of one thing may have a detrimental effect on your overall well being or maybe it wont, be aware of your own health, well being and be considerate to others.
    Its not that we all die eventually (that is obviously true) its that our society places too much value on physical attributes.

There is more to do on this earth than be the quarterback of your high school football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    He didnt go the the dentist for nearly 40 years, still had perfect teeth.
    That's a far cry from didn't clean his teeth for 55 years

My I refer to:

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate
    yet this same person didnt brush his teeth his entire life and had "perfect" teeth according to his dentist at age 55.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Itt

Edgy teen thinks his genetically gifted gut feeling > science; but cant form a rational thought beyond "b-but I'm telling you", spiced with some "science has given up, you trust me instead".

Man, I'm sure when you grow up you'll be a great sect leader.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's a far cry from didn't clean his teeth for 55 years

My I refer to:
    I would agree, but im pretty sure its both....he didnt brush nor go to the dentist for 40+ years, thus everyones surprise. Ill ask my mom tomorrow on the details but even if im wrong it does not change my opinion on the thread, genetics are a real bitch and no matter how much people would like to believe they can change their fate with a switch to chicken breast their fate is likely sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Itt

Edgy teen thinks his genetically gifted gut feeling > science; but cant form a rational thought beyond "b-but I'm telling you", spiced with some "science has given up, you trust me instead".

Man, I'm sure when you grow up you'll be a great sect leader.
    Yeaaaa so im 38 right now, and have given this topic more thought than you are capable of giving any thought in your lifetime.

Its fine if you dont like to think, my advice is just stop challenging the ones who do

I would agree, but im pretty sure its both....he didnt brush nor go to the dentist for 40+ years, thus everyones surprise. Ill ask my mom tomorrow on the details but even if im wrong it does not change my opinion on the thread, genetics are a real bitch and no matter how much people would like to believe they can change their fate with a switch to chicken breast their fate is likely sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeaaaa so im 38 right now, and have given this topic more thought than you are capable of giving any thought in your lifetime.

Its fine if you dont like to think, my advice is just stop challenging the ones who do
    Sure you are, buddy. That would only make this thread sadder in all honesty.

I am 50 and thought of this even longer than you have and I'm telling you, you're wrong. My gut tells me so, it passed the test.

Wow this is so dumb. I can't even continue to troll like this.

Sure you are, buddy. That would only make this thread sadder in all honesty.

I am 50 and thought of this even longer than you have and I'm telling you, you're wrong. My gut tells me so, it passed the test.

Wow this is so dumb. I can't even continue to troll like this.
    It just goes to show how many people i can continue to refer to as kids, even when they are 12 years my senior.

It just goes to show how many people i can continue to refer to as kids, even when they are 12 years my senior.
    And you actually believe im 50? Just think about this a bit longer, you seem to be "good" at it.

And you actually believe im 50? Just think about this a bit longer, you seem to be "good" at it.
    You said you were 50, im supposed to believe something different because?

There are peaks and valleys in life just like video games (WoW classic anyone) and im hitting my peak right now, problem is no one can keep up with me so im basically doing this on my own.

You said you were 50, im supposed to believe something different because?

There are peaks and valleys in life just like video games (WoW classic anyone) and im hitting my peak right now, problem is no one can keep up with me so im basically doing this on my own.
    Can't see through most obvious troll.
    Is hitting his peak right now.

Teach me master.

Can't see through most obvious troll.
    Is hitting his peak right now.

Teach me master.
    You literally said you were 50 and disagreed with my conclusions about genetics based on your age, how the fuck is that "an obvious troll"?

My age is clearly part of how i got to where i am now, i couldnt have reached this conclusion 10 years ago for example. Einstein didn't get smarter his entire life neither did tesla, my goal is to beat both of them.

I want to be known as the smartest person of all time, i just need to come up with a framework that people can understand. Im about 75% of the way there now.

Of the things that interest me in life, genetics vs personal care are pretty close to top of the list.

My dad had a heart attack at 40, yet this same person didnt brush his teeth his entire life and had "perfect" teeth according to his dentist at age 55.

My mother brushed her teeth everyday from the age of ~whenever parents tell their kids to start, and she lost every tooth in her mouth before she was 50.

My parents both smoked btw, so you cannot draw conclusions either way here.

Bottom line kids, it does not matter in the end what diet you follow, what advice you take, or even how you take care of yourself, things are going to fall in place according to your individual chemical makeup.

Im not using JUST my parents btw, this is studying a huge range of cases ive seen on the internet as well as delving into actual scientific case studies.

Global fairness is summed up with one word, genetics. We are all given something, if you feel you got the short end of the stick i bet you are good at something that most people arent, and you might not even realize what that is yet. I made this thread to inform people to not be jealous, just try and be the best you you can be.
    Depending on what you’re talking about, genetics plays a part. Mostly heavily in favour of genetics, but external factors still affect you.

Stop spreading nonsense like your brushing teeth example.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

You literally said you were 50 and disagreed with my conclusions about genetics based on your age, how the fuck is that "an obvious troll"?

My age is clearly part of how i got to where i am now, i couldnt have reached this conclusion 10 years ago for example. Einstein didn't get smarter his entire life neither did tesla, my goal is to beat both of them.

I want to be known as the smartest person of all time, i just need to come up with a framework that people can understand. Im about 75% of the way there now.
    Because age is not a valid argument for just about anything, except for answering the question of who is older? There could not have been a more obvious troll.

Anyway, i first thought you're joking, but now I'm not sure anymore and I don't like mobbing you. Good luck beating Tesla, they're super quick and environmentally friendly.

First, I hope you're trolling. Second, a lot of people have basically explained why genetics do matter, but not nearly as much as you think they do.

My thoughts about that and what some people describe as "talent" are quite similar. It's just another easy excuse for failing or suffering etc.

"My genetics aren't great, therefor I won't be arsed eating healthy food." > *Develops diabetes* > "See?! It's my terrible genetics!"
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

I've read about people that treated their bodies like temples, ate healthy, exercised all the time, were so fit, ran matathons etc... one day went out for a run as normal, and died of a heart attack...

You look at prisons, full of bad people, healthy as fuck... Yet people who have been good all their life end up dying from horrible diseases....

Because age is not a valid argument for just about anything, except for answering the question of who is older? There could not have been a more obvious troll.

Anyway, i first thought you're joking, but now I'm not sure anymore and I don't like mobbing you. Good luck beating Tesla, they're super quick and environmentally friendly.
    But it truly is, i was a fucking retard 10 years ago, now im a bonafide genius due to environmental circumstances (lets just say, genetics).

Again there are peaks and valley in life, i never said age=intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    First, I hope you're trolling. Second, a lot of people have basically explained why genetics do matter, but not nearly as much as you think they do.

My thoughts about that and what some people describe as "talent" are quite similar. It's just another easy excuse for failing or suffering etc.

"My genetics aren't great, therefor I won't be arsed eating healthy food." > *Develops diabetes* > "See?! It's my terrible genetics!"
    "people have explained"

Im the only one doing the explaining in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I've read about people that treated their bodies like temples, ate healthy, exercised all the time, were so fit, ran matathons etc... one day went out for a run as normal, and died of a heart attack...

You look at prisons, full of bad people, healthy as fuck... Yet people who have been good all their life end up dying from horrible diseases....
    Exactly, we can do everything science tells us to and still keel over going for a jog. Genetics are literally everything, not only in regards to health but our mental aptitude.

But it truly is, i was a fucking retard 10 years ago, now im a bonafide genius due to environmental circumstances (lets just say, genetics).

Again there are peaks and valley in life, i never said age=intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

"people have explained"

Im the only one doing the explaining in this thread.
    Environmental circumstances? What happened? You fell into some green goo close to the chemical factory in your city? If you glow at night, I'd go see a doctor. Real talk.

Environmental circumstances? What happened? You fell into some green goo close to the chemical factory in your city? If you glow at night, I'd go see a doctor. Real talk.
    I took the red pill.