Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Instead they should add more class specific transmogs.. .Like jaina should be able to give an achievement tied mog for mages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    After getting into DH's class hall i can't agree more with Blizzard: Don't let legendaries to be mogged. Seriously, i even stopped using the mog cuz i got tirted of everybody using it.
    I think I used it maybe a week. I mainly rotate between green artifact skins/tones. I wish we had more tmog options, imo best set available is the heroic nighthold one.

I do think it's kind of bullshit that the iconic weapon of the night elves are restricted to one class. Those tri-blade glaives would be cool to have on my warrior nelf. =/ Just changing them to 'fist weapons' would be enough for me. Idc if the other glaives are for DH only.. just not the iconic racial weapon.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Kenway View Post
    Why are druid forms restricted to the Druid class?
    Because they're druid, while Warglaives are not DH-only weapons.

There are examples in both game and lore where glaives were used by other classes/NPC/people/characters.

Of course not, lol. Illidan was a Demon Hunter, not a Warrior, just because they didn't have Demon Hunters in TBC and had to give it to the closest they've had available at the time instead doesn't change that, if they had made DH's in TBC like they originally wanted to, you would've never had the ability to get them in any shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

There are examples in both game and lore where glaives were used by other classes/NPC/people/characters.
    Night Elf Sentinels, Night Elf Wardens, Tyrande. See the pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Night Elf Sentinels, Night Elf Wardens, Tyrande. See the pattern here?
    Yeah, but I meant Troll Shadow Hunters and Blood Elf Spellbreakers.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-12-25 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Thought they were with 8.1?
    Since DH cant use daggers, you cant mog one.
    Since other classes cant use glaives, you cant mog one either.

Deleted
    They are DH-only weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Examples in both game and lore where glaives were used by other classes/NPC/people/characters.
    There is no logical reason why other classes shouldn't be able to wield warglaives. It's not a restriction based on logic. There is no reason why druids shouldn't be able to wield swords or wands. There is no reason why a mage couldn't wear leather or plate armor. It's a gameplay restriction for visual reasons more so than any other. It is part of what makes the Demon Hunter class the Demon Hunter class. Same reason they took metamorphosis away from Warlocks. You want classes to have a unique, special vibe and you wanna deliver on that exact class fantasy. We don't need more homogenization. If people wanna wield glaives and double jump and glide through the air they can always play a Demon Hunter.

why does it matter? there are like 5 glaives in the entire game outside of legion artifact skins anyway.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2018-12-25 at 04:51 PM.

Remove warglaive as a weapon type from game, make warglaive a tmog item purchasable by DH through faction Rep vendor.

A weapon type that only ONE class in game can use is bloody stupid.

They are DH-only weapons.
    I didn't mean in the game, I meant from the lore point of view.

There is no logical reason why other classes shouldn't be able to wield warglaives. It's not a restriction based on logic. There is no reason why druids shouldn't be able to wield swords or wands. There is no reason why a mage couldn't wear leather or plate armor. It's a gameplay restriction for visual reasons more so than any other. It is part of what makes the Demon Hunter class the Demon Hunter class. Same reason they took metamorphosis away from Warlocks. You want classes to have a unique, special vibe and you wanna deliver on that exact class fantasy. We don't need more homogenization. If people wanna wield glaives and double jump and glide through the air they can always play a Demon Hunter.
    Why DH are unique? Not because of the warglaives, but because of their Meta, double-jump and glide. That's right.
    As a rogue/warrior/dk/monk I can wear Warglaives of Azzinoth, they're no special.

Mages cannot wear plate, they're just too weak, the heaviest things they were lifting were probably their tomes... Or course stronger classes, from the physical point of view can wear lighter armor, but there's no reason why they would.

While on the other hand I could see a combat rogue or windwalker monk wear warglaives - they're agility melee weapons after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    I'm dead tired of Blizzard coddling their baby class with unique abilities. Look they can fly already and can transmog their weapons into legendaries. Why are glaives still restricted to the demon hunter class?

Take for instance, warriors are able to equip any weapon up until Legion (with the exception of wands because those used to be class restricted like relics/bowslots). Warriors can equip off hands and staves, that's all the warrior needs, a big stick or something sharp to smash or poke with.

So... do you think Blizzard will lift the restrictions of this and let atleast warriors to some extend (maybe rogues) able to equip glaives?
    No thanks, honestly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Why DH are unique? Not because of the warglaives, but because of their Meta, double-jump and glide. That's right.
    And because of the warglaives.

As a rogue/warrior/dk/monk I can wear Warglaives of Azzinoth, they're no special.
    They should take them away from you then, that should make you happy.

Mages cannot wear plate, they're just too weak
    Uhh... no? That has nothing to do with it lol
    Even if it was the case, are they also too weak to wear leather or mail?

A human mage is just as muscular as a human warrior. It simply has to do with class balance and aesthetics. Mages traditionally are depicted wearing robes, and melees have to often take more damage, so they need the higher armor to mitigate damage.

While on the other hand I could see a combat rogue or windwalker monk wear warglaives - they're agility melee weapons after all.
    And I can see Demon Hunters wearing them, cause they are a Demon Hunter weapon.

And because of the warglaives.
    Uhmm... nah, DKs/Warriors/Rogues/Monks can use them. I mean warglaives of the Azzinoth.

They should take them away from you then, that should make you happy.
    Why? lol

Uhh... no? That has nothing to do with it lol
    Uhm... mostly yeah.

Even if it was the case, are they also too weak to wear leather or mail?
    They're not as practical for other classes.

And I can see Demon Hunters wearing them, cause they are a Demon Hunter weapon.
    They're just agility melee weapons. Other classes should also use them, no reason why not other than "I want only DH to wear them!".

Deleted
    Uhmm... nah, DKs/Warriors/Rogues/Monks can use them. I mean warglaives of the Azzinoth.
    They were added before Demon Hunters were in the game, and they are swords for exactly that reason. Because warglaives didn't exist back then. Be glad you have them, but warglaives belong to Demon Hunters. They've always belonged to Demon Hunters. And had Demon Hunters been a class in The Burning Crusade, they would have been Demon Hunter exclusive legendaries.

Uhm... mostly yeah.
    No, and you're making no argument.

They're not as practical for other classes.
    How are they not practical for mages? Why wouldn't a mage rather wear leather than cloth?

They're just agility melee weapons. Other classes should also use them, no reason why not other than "I want only DH to wear them!".
    Because then everyone who can wear them will look like Demon Hunters. Other classes shouldn't look like Demon Hunters.

I have no problem with every class being able to use every weapon like an rpg but some should be better at it. I'd also like body weight sliders. I'm all for the game getting more rpg/open world elements. They got target ever since wotlk and kind slowly dismantled.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-12-25 at 10:55 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    And then tomorrow you'll be complaining on some random post that all classes have been homogenized, that there is no difference between classes, etc.

It's okay for classes to have their unique stuff.

Merry Christmas ya'll!
    yeah unique abilities like how rogues have stealth and demon hunters have that sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dead tired of Blizzard coddling their baby class with unique abilities. Look they can fly already and can transmog their weapons into legendaries. Why are glaives still restricted to the demon hunter class?

Take for instance, warriors are able to equip any weapon up until Legion (with the exception of wands because those used to be class restricted like relics/bowslots). Warriors can equip off hands and staves, that's all the warrior needs, a big stick or something sharp to smash or poke with.

So... do you think Blizzard will lift the restrictions of this and let atleast warriors to some extend (maybe rogues) able to equip glaives?
    Ah cool..... So your scnd glaive just dropped?

They were added before Demon Hunters were in the game, and they are swords for exactly that reason. Because warglaives didn't exist back then. Be glad you have them, but warglaives belong to Demon Hunters. They've always belonged to Demon Hunters. And had Demon Hunters been a class in The Burning Crusade, they would have been Demon Hunter exclusive legendaries.
    We cannot be sure about that, but you probably have right. Nonetheless -> they're obtainable by other classes and they can wear them.

No, and you're making no argument.
    Nah, your "they should take them away from you" is even less.

How are they not practical for mages? Why wouldn't a mage rather wear leather than cloth?
    Leather clothes are more silent than cloth type, while mages like more lighter clothes. And rogues wear leather armor because it's made from hide.

Because then everyone who can wear them will look like Demon Hunters. Other classes shouldn't look like Demon Hunters.
    Not really. DK/Warr/Pala can look the same with T-mogs. So that argument is also wrong. Anyway, DH is probably the only class that look unique -> they have horns/wings/meta, while other classes can use T-mog to look like other classes(dk -> war, druid -> rog) etc.

If you think that warglaives would make other classes look like DHs then you're wrong.

I'm dead tired of Blizzard coddling their baby class with unique abilities.
    If uniqueness is what gets you upset, maybe you should play Pong exclusively.