Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    I loved healing as holy in Wotlk.
    Damn I really loved that healing.

/cries in a corner
    same my man
    hpally is the healer i've enjoyed the most
    legion and bfa class "design" has just been so subpar that i cant stand it

having 2-3 healing throughput spells hurt holy so much in legion imo
    it felt like you couldn't heal at all without wings, and it still does to some extent
    wings should be a button you press to feel powerful, but no so powerful that you're feeling like an undergeared peasant without it

edit:
    Seems like alot of people really liked legion hpally? thats actually a big surprise to me, as personally it has been the worst iteration apart from bfa, and in some parts bfa is better to me(i hated the artifact ability for holy)
    interesting tbh
    Last edited by Rollatorklm; 2018-12-23 at 03:49 AM.

With good gear any spec is viable. In legion i was typically the shittest healer in raids no matter what but in BFA i find myself quite competitive with everyone.

There are things I would like changed, our AOE healing is ass unless everyone stands infront of you and we are almost usless in fights where we have to move alot like the transition phase in Vectis.

10+ Year Old Account
    A rework to the mastery would be amazing if i had my way

10+ Year Old Account
    The mastery should had an additional effect like increasing the own damage to the target if you are close to other party members.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Yes please.

I believe WoTLK Holy is the pinnacle of the spec. Today's spec is literally extremely dry and there's nothing interesting to be aware of - just spam heals all you can and pop defences when it goes wrong.
    ...WOTLK Holy was literally just spamming Holy Light on the tanks nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...WOTLK Holy was literally just spamming Holy Light on the tanks nonstop.
    I was more so referring to PvP here.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three specs need a rework as far as I'm concerned, none of them are very enjoyable to play right now.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    I was more so referring to PvP here.
    You didn't mention PvP at all in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You didn't mention PvP at all in your post.
    Neither did I PvE as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    All three specs need a rework as far as I'm concerned, none of them are very enjoyable to play right now.
    Of the three, I'd say Prot is probably in the best place right now. It's got a nice mix of proactive and reactive abilities, as well as all the tools it needs to be a functional tank baseline, with talents only improving on that. With the extra utility that other tanks lack, such as a Cleanse and blessings, you can contribute quite a lot to the group. It feels both flexible and satisfying to play as a result.

I've made my thoughts on Holy already, but just to reitterate I think Holy is fine. Not awesome, not terrible, but fine. The issues I have with it are more about the numbers than the skills functions and uses. Having a strong focus on cooldown management and positioning makes it sufficently stand apart from the other healers, even if we're towards the bottom of the pack in pure healing output.

The one spec I think does need looking at is Ret. Having too much damage loaded onto Templar's Verdict makes it feel terrible when you use another Spender. It's absolutely fantastic when it crits for 70k+, but it also feels very underwhelming when it doesn't crit - As though all the build up to it was a huge let down. Crusader Strike on the other hand always feels lackluster. Blade of Justice doesn't feel great for it's damage as much as it does for bringing a juicy Templar's Verdict closer to being ready. The cost of those huge TV hits is the rest of our skills are extremely weak in comparison.

I know this is derailing the thread slightly, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on why all our specs need a rework. You say they're not very enjoyable, any chance you can expand on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crusader Strike on the other hand always feels lackluster.
    Lackluster? It's completely garbage. Even in holy spec crusader strike does twice the damage with a one handed weapon then rets version. It does even lower damage than white hits.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Yes for sure, I was a holy pally main from wrath until bfa (missed mop) and found myself having to reroll this expansion as it just didnt feel fun at all. In my opinion WOD was the most fun iteration of holy pally and since then its just gone down hill. Legion was bad but old aura of sac being a huge raid cd and maximising it was at least some fun, now it just feels boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I believe Holy paladins should be more like melee Discipline priests. They should be healing directly, but a substantial amount of healing should be done through the damage the paladin inflicts to the enemy. Or even damage done to him. Make that plate armour mean something! And they certainly should gain more mobility. Their mastery is all about range, but they probably are the least mobile healer in the game.

Maybe they could get Holy power like Ret paladins from their dps abilities, but their Holy power spenders would be heals instead?
    Plot twist: it used to have holy power

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    Yes for sure, I was a holy pally main from wrath until bfa (missed mop) and found myself having to reroll this expansion as it just didnt feel fun at all. In my opinion WOD was the most fun iteration of holy pally and since then its just gone down hill. Legion was bad but old aura of sac being a huge raid cd and maximising it was at least some fun, now it just feels boring.
    Is it just me or do all classes not feel fun to play at all in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    Played MW and disc/holy priest a bit and all those have felt alright, though holy priest was pretty boring until binding heal nerf in 8.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    I enjoy Unholy DK quite a bit, same with MW monk and Disc priest, fury warrior aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the most enjoyable healer was wotlk holy with legendary, so old mastery + very single-target focused spec + limited aoe tools for M+ is my ideal healer. I don't care about being in melee range (actually I don't even like it at all) and I don't care about DPS at all either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sure. Pinnacle of the spec. You literally put beacon on tanks and did nothing but spam Holy Light. Literally that's it.

Like it was literally spam holy light, with right gear and trinkets you couldn't OOM spamming Holy Light(the most expensive and highest HPS spell).
    No, you don't literally spam holy light, you helped with raid healing with shocks here and there, but yeah, you were tank healers and holy light was a major healing contributor. Nothing bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Holy Pally died to me the day it became a half melee hybrid with an annoying mastery. Anything to change it back to a caster would be lovely.

WOD Hpally I miss u boo.
    same for me. no clue from where the idea came that „most“ players want hpally a melee heal. it sucks. and mastery sucks even more.

no holy paladin for me until this spec is again a normal range healing spec it once was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    For me the most enjoyable healer was wotlk holy with legendary, so old mastery + very single-target focused spec + limited aoe tools for M+ is my ideal healer. I don't care about being in melee range (actually I don't even like it at all) and I don't care about DPS at all either.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you don't literally spam holy light, you helped with raid healing with shocks here and there, but yeah, you were tank healers and holy light was a major healing contributor. Nothing bad about it.
    that was ok. but you had not to have stand 8 yards away from boss to tank heal...

just bc i heal the tank DO NOT mean i have to STAND BENEATH tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that was ok. but you had not to have stand 8 yards away from boss to tank heal...

just bc i heal the tank DO NOT mean i have to STAND BENEATH tank.
    Yep. Melee healer is good because ranged mechanics do not target you, but you should be able to be anywhere, because it's often dangerous in melee, avoiding cleaves and stuff, so you should be able to position in the range if necessary without sacrificing healing.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yep. Melee healer is good because ranged mechanics do not target you, but you should be able to be anywhere, because it's often dangerous in melee, avoiding cleaves and stuff, so you should be able to position in the range if necessary without sacrificing healing.
    it just doesnt match mechanics of a raid encounter. melee camp is about moving and gcd spells. its not about casting. it will always feel „wrong“ when you are packed with melees in melee range, but you should play (casts) like a ranged. that will never feel „by design“.