Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    please no just no more fucking furry races.

Jesus christ there is containment boards for you people.

Even though that isnt enough alot of the time.

No vulperas before ogres or half ogres or god damn donkey ogres, then you can even get flying elephants with fox ears allied race i don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    No vulperas before ogres or half ogres or god damn donkey ogres, then you can even get flying elephants with fox ears allied race i don't care.
    The horde got pandas and another flavor of elves before Ogres, at this point I won't expect them to ever join as a playable race just like the HE
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

Jesus christ there is containment boards for you people.

Even though that isnt enough alot of the time.
    Theres also one for people with pepe avatars. That doesnt seem to stop you either though. ;p
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Vulperas would cheapen the WoW experience for me.

Pandas already did the damage they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    I am in full agreement. No more furries. WoW is not for ERP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    For the sake of having misinformation not be spread, this was NOT what they said. All they said was that, at the time, Vulpera isn't an allied race (because it was literally coded as an allied race with the same coding of other Horde allied races). They didn't deconfirm Vulpera by any means.

Allied Races are intended to just use pre-existing skeletons IIRC but have different skins on top of them. Vulpera use the Goblin skeleton.

PS: I won't be surprised if ALL new races are Allied Races since it's "content" to be added by making players jump through more hoops to obtain them, regardless if they're brand new models or not. Just because we "haven't gotten any yet" doesn't mean it can't happen, and the fact that, again, Vulpera had the same code as other Horde allied races was/is extremely suspect. They also have a stupid amount of customization and time sunk on them to just be another unplayable NPC race.
    It's no misinformation, you lot just don't get logic.
    A "no confirmation" is still a "no" until it actually gets changed.
    Blizzard doesn't give absolute statements. Even the high elf "no" can be turned around. But a non confirmation is still a no. It's not a maybe or a yes, it's a no. They can have all customization in the world. It doesn't matter one bit, especially when the statement is in reply to it.

They clearly said "no" in that statement. They didn't say "never". Understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So then perhaps mmoc should remove vulpera as an allied race on their website, until there is confirmation by blizz.
    Yes they should because Blizzard themselves have said in a q&a that Vulpera isn't an allied race. Who you gonna believe, a third party website that deals in gossip or the people who actually make the game.

Going forward into the next expansion they will probably concentrate on new races or classes so don't expect many more allied races. I suspect they will give us one more in 8.3 or 8.4 if there is one, just to tide us over in the content drought before 9.0, and I put my money on mecha gnome and goblins. Vulpera are too unique, if they are for Horde then Aliance will complain, they need something neutral that both sides can use.
    Last edited by druenos; 2018-12-26 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Yes they should because Blizzard themselves have said in a q&a that Vulpera isn't an allied race. Who you gonna believe, a third party website that deals in gossip or the people who actually make the game.

Going forward into the next expansion they will probably concentrate on new races or classes so don't expect many more allied races. I suspect they will give us one more in 8.3 or 8.4 if there is one, just to tide us over in the content drought before 9.0, and I put my money on mecha gnome and goblins. Vulpera are too unique, if they are for Horde then Aliance will complain, they need something neutral that both sides can use.
    True. So that is why i thought maybe mmoc knows something that the players do not or just putting it out there as an allied race based on purely speculation (which shouldn:t warrant putting them as an allied race when blizz clearly said no)
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2018-12-26 at 10:19 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Yes
    For horde
    BLZ has already written a very unreasonable/terrible story to explain "why"
    Gonna enjoy the toxin here when released

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Let's be honest here, people have assumed they will become playable, but the truth is all we got from blizz was a no. People didn't care though. I still have doubts they will become playable. Maybe as a pre-order bonus or something. But, I do think gilgoblins are more likely than vulpera just cause the vulpera don't fit any sort of grand storytelling. People just thought they were cute.

All allied races we got so far are sub races. We haven't actually gotten brand new races in the system. It could happen, but really no reason to think it will atm.
    There are several reasons people don't take Blizzard at their word anymore, especially when it comes to Vulpera being an Allied Race, considering Blizzard decided to take the time to program them with that special animation to hold the Heart of Azeroth... The only races that have that animation, are ones that we can play. So why would they even bother if Blizzard has no intention of actually making them an Allied Race?....

And before you say "Vulpera use the same skeletal rig as Goblins", Jinyu have the same rig as Night Elves, yet don't have that special animation.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Allied Races has so much wasted potential by Blizzard.

They announced Zandalari Trolls in Blizzcon 2017 and we still don't have a release date yet for them, because of Blizzard's business choices they decided to timegate them until their release fits the company's business calendar.

The way they are handeling the first allied races shows how Blizzard is clueless how they can make money and at the same time keep the community happy with them and entertained with their products. it seems people that only use excel spreadsheets (and no game design tools) are the ones making decisions regarding the future of WoW.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-26 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    True. So that is why i thought maybe mmoc knows something that the players do not or just putting it out there as an allied race based on purely speculation (which shouldn:t warrant putting them as an allied race when blizz clearly said no)
    Ofc I could be completely wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Allied Races has so much wasted potential by Blizzard.

They announced Zandalari Trolls in Blizzcon 2017 and we still don't have a release date yet for them, because of Blizzard's business choices they decided to timegate them until their release fits the company's business calendar.

The way they are handeling the first allied races shows how Blizzard is clueless how they can make money and at the same time keep the community happy with them and entertained with their products. it seems people that only use excel spreadsheets (and no game design tools) are the ones taking decisions regarding the future of WoW.
    While very true, I think they fucked up with the allied race starting at level 20, they should have let them start at level 1 and unlocked by everyone but the heritage armor can only be unlocked with doing all the current requirements we need to unlock them and said armors should be separted into 4 different variation: Plate, Mail, Cloth and Leather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    While very true, I think they fucked up with the allied race starting at level 20, they should have let them start at level 1 and unlocked by everyone but the heritage armor can only be unlocked with doing all the current requirements we need to unlock them and said armors should be separted into 4 different variation: Plate, Mail, Cloth and Leather.
    I don't mind the heritages having one varation only. I love them, they make that race unique to play.

I also think they allowed them starting at level 20 for two reasons: as they require a high level character unlock, that means the player already knows how to play wow. So they help the player skip 20 levels and have direct access to the mounts to make it faster to level.

For me the worse part is the requirements behind unlocking (exalted reps that some require months of grinding, OR legacy content not relevant for BfA) and forcing players to level 20-110 to get the heritage, while normal races will get them with a scenario & exalted rep with their racial faction (which you can get easily by farming BC instances for an hour or two). This turns the allied races an elite feature instead of a popular feature.

That is probably why all allied race numbers are still low (see realmpop). Allied races should be much more popular than they are right now, but normal races still reign over the new ones (even the less popular ones, like goblins, gnomes and pandaren).

If they made allied races starting at level 1 as well, but at the same time making all heritage armor requirements equal for all races and allowing the races to be playable with the expansion purchase or requiring a scenario similar to hero classes, i wouldn't mind. I would actually prefer it to the current system.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-26 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    For me the worse part is the requirements behind unlocking (exalted reps that some require months of grinding, OR legacy content not relevant for BfA) and forcing players to level 20-110 to get the heritage, while normal races will get them with a scenario & exalted rep with their racial faction (which you can get easily by farming BC instances for an hour or two). This turns the allied races an elite feature instead of a popular feature.

That is probably why all allied race numbers are still low (see realmpop). Allied races should be much more popular than they are right now, but normal races still reign over the new ones (even the less popular ones, like goblins, gnomes and pandaren).

If they made allied races starting at level 1 as well, but at the same time making all heritage armor requirements equal for all races and allowing the races to be playable with the expansion purchase or requiring a scenario similar to hero classes, i wouldn't mind. I would actually prefer it to the current system.
    Not sure I agree that the unlocking portion is why Allied Race numbers tend to be low, though it certainly plays a part in it. Most races tend to be low when they first come out (save for the BC races). You can see that they are still that way currently for the most part. Pandaren are low on either side, Goblins are still pretty low, and Worgen are only ahead of the Allied and small races (Dwarf/Gnome) on the Alliance side. Plus, you are splitting the player base that might want to swap into 6 (soon to be 8, maybe more) races rather than just two.

I think the unlocking portion does makes sense when you look at them as a reward rather than just a new race. You grind rep and get achievements to get various things like Mounts and Pets...why is it such a foreign idea that a subrace might be counted in as part of this as well? Other games do it...unlockable ships, characters, etc.

I would say that perhaps doing the Heritage Armor on top of the other grindery is a bit over the top. You've already gotten their faction to exalted to even unlock the race, why should you have to level a ton more on top of that for it? This may well also account for some of the low race numbers mentioned earlier...feeling like you have to level a new one, only to get caught up in the drudgery of certain zones.

Most allied races start with some amount of story introduction, and builds up along the way as the expansion progresses. Aside from Void elves coming out of thin air at the very end of Legion, all the other allied races were given ample amount of lore buildup and made playable later.

They would've announced it at blizzcon sadly we ain't getting shit. This is bfa not legion

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Vulperas would cheapen the WoW experience for me.

Pandas already did the damage they did.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in full agreement. No more furries. WoW is not for ERP.

I don't get the allergy some people have towards furry races... do people need to prove themselves to someone while playing a race? I don't and i play whatever i want. I pay my bills and don't need to give satisfactions to anyone about my wow ingame choices. If people don't like a certain race, just don't play if they become available. Voldun looks great, and they perfectly fit into the Zandalar & Voldun lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    They would've announced it at blizzcon sadly we ain't getting shit. This is bfa not legion
    Totally disagree here. With KT/Zandalari coming in 8.1.5 and 8.2 filled with a ton of new content to come, it stands to reason that they may well opt to hold off the next set until 8.2.5...of which they said they wouldn't talk about any of it aside from the Worgen/Goblin model updates. Still plenty of time for that story to come and be developed, particularly if they have another big event (PAX East?, Gamescom?) where they could make a new splash with that announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Really hope we never see them become one. They're abominations, when I saw the Alliance purging them on the 8.1 PTR I honestly considered faction changing for a brief moment.
    i must admit this quest was sooo satisfayingl! more than the 200 goblin killed in zuldazar! but i think this attack we did is now a good reason for them too join Horde.

about the playable Sephrak i am so sad but now it's very unlikly and thoose junker gnome dont hype me. wait and see!