Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Warfronts feel cheap and stale and should not be a main feature of this expansion.
    Im just wondering who can develop this fail idea and try to sell it as a feature? Even warcraft 3maps have more depth and fun, than this braindead player versus bot feature.
    Additionally, there is just one raid available and mythic plus gear is capped to a max, :mythic raiding only for 20 players. I tell you something. This game has no design, when i listen to ion hazzak all i see is a greedy goblin that doesnt want ahealthy game, but more income for his bank account. recolour options called allied races are a flop, everything he came in touch with durin legion and bfa became pure shit. For me he is one of the biggest problems in this game and as long as he gets money from people, he will continue to cheapen the outcosts and higher the income in a desastrous low way of thinking. Meaning he destroys everything players enjoy to force them enjoying his design that forces you to buy things in the cash shop.
    Raiding, its world of warcraft not raids of warcraft!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

warfronts are pointless imo..

Your thread title is cringe btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "You can thank the people who were fine with that since WoD for it. Since WoD they've released a smaller raid first and then the bigger raid later. People were ok with it. People defended it by saying "we haven't cleared Highmaul/Emerald Nightmare yet, why should they release the next raid so early?".

This is what I'm responding to. Why we have a smaller raid right away and a bigger one later. Because they tried having multiple raids open at the same time and it didn't work.
    Of course it worked. TBC had 2 entire tiers open at release. Gruul, Magtheridon, Karazhan, Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern were all available day one and many people think TBC was the best expansion we ever had. Sure it wasn't perfect, TK and SSC were in the game, but people couldn't really clear them, but I don't see a problem with. I'm also hearing from people that they were bugged. I never stepped foot in them, but either way I don't see a problem with releasing multiple raids at once.

You know who had a problem with that in Cataclysm? Hardcore raiders. People who were trying to get world first. Less than 1% of the player base. You know what I think of these people? Nothing. The game shouldn't be designed around those people.

More raids available at the same time gives more variety. And more bosses being available at the same time gives more variety. Instead we're stuck for half a year with 7 bosses. Why? Cause of less than 1% of the playerbase. People don't need to finish Uldir before the next raid comes out, if they released both raids at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As the singular of anecdote is datum, I like warfronts. They're the only grouped activity I do in WoW these days.

Run around for 20 minutes, get some gear or a transmog at the end, what's not to like?
    Actual fun gameplay maybe ? I know, crazy idea in a video game. Why not just log in, push a button get some gear or a transmog and log out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Actual fun gameplay maybe ? I know, crazy idea in a video game. Why not just log in, push a button get some gear or a transmog and log out ?
    Cupcake, not everyone finds the same things fun. Odd concept, no?

While boring after the first 2 and very long to complete since 90% of the people goes afk, there isn't any point to discuss an activity you do twice in a month at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I quite enjoy warfronts. I think it's an interesting idea and it harks back to Warcraft with the resource gathering. Not to mention the "war" part of World of Warcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just scrap "World pvp" and give me like 10 more battlegrounds and more things like PVP expeditions, make the Battle for Tarren Mill into full rotation, not some brawl crap. In fact, the concept of the brawls needs to be looked at and just made into regular rotation, why is this shit gated? If anything should not be gated, it's the brawls.

They don't really go all in, I don't think they care if this game survives. If I was lead design at WoW, I would be opening up the flood gates on the non-story content and cease production on things the playerbase deems a dead end (Warfronts).

Quote Originally Posted by rrp.nikolai View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas is a game director and you act like he has sole control over the game.
    Since you obviously have never worked in the game industry let me enlighten you. Game Directors have the final say on anything that enters the game, they decide where development time goes and where it doesn't go. They also decide where resources go.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Warfronts feel cheap and stale and should not be a main feature of this expansion.
    Im just wondering who can develop this fail idea and try to sell it as a feature? Even warcraft 3maps have more depth and fun, than this braindead player versus bot feature.
    Additionally, there is just one raid available and mythic plus gear is capped to a max, :mythic raiding only for 20 players. I tell you something. This game has no design, when i listen to ion hazzak all i see is a greedy goblin that doesnt want ahealthy game, but more income for his bank account. recolour options called allied races are a flop, everything he came in touch with durin legion and bfa became pure shit. For me he is one of the biggest problems in this game and as long as he gets money from people, he will continue to cheapen the outcosts and higher the income in a desastrous low way of thinking. Meaning he destroys everything players enjoy to force them enjoying his design that forces you to buy things in the cash shop.
    someone sounds jelly that casuals finally got content and milions of people are enjoying it on daily basis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why do they have to make all PvE content outside of raids/m+ impossible to lose, I wonder
    because people enjoy content in which they cannot loose.

just look at all those people demanding 390 itlv and raider.io 1800 for mythic +10 - they too want content they cannot loose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Since you obviously have never worked in the game industry let me enlighten you. Game Directors have the final say on anything that enters the game, they decide where development time goes and where it doesn't go. They also decide where resources go.
    they also cash in fat yearly bonuses when games make more $$$ then ever in past.

like WoW does lately

so Ion can sleep like a baby

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they also cash in fat yearly bonuses when games make more $$$ then ever in past.

like WoW does lately

so Ion can sleep like a baby
    WoW isn't making as much money as it did in the past. They're bleeding subs and being told to cut costs. Neither of those would be happening if they were making strong profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I - and a lot of others - have suggested to have stuff like assaults on our major cities. And it could happen elsewhere as well.

But people don't want that kind of forced gameplay. Just look at the zombie event before WotLK. I thought it was brilliant, most others just wanted to keep farming stuff, use the banks etc.

So, Blizzard has decided to instance all that shit. And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why do they have to make all PvE content outside of raids/m+ impossible to lose, I wonder
    Catering to the level of playerbase that wants constant "character progression" with no effort, aka welfare loot handouts and loot pinatas. That's exactly the role warfronts and world bosses play. Loot slot machines with a piece equal to hc raiding or mythic+10 but without the required effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    so BFA is a casual Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsASimulation View Post
    I think War Fronts are the "Pet Battles" of BfA.

Cute and flashy in the short term, but a waste of resources and boring in the long term.
    This is a disgrace to pet battles to be honest.
    Pet Battles involve strategy and you can lose.

They shouldn't grant 370 and 385 ilvl that's for sure. We already have My+ giving away that kind of gear to terribad players.

so BFA is a casual Expansion?
    Not sure if you can generalize it like that, but yes, most of the new features are tuned for casuals. The non-casual content remains from past expansions (mythic raiding, m+, rated PvP, grindy achievements, expensive gold sinks), so it is not a casual expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    They shouldn't grant 370 and 385 ilvl that's for sure. We already have My+ giving away that kind of gear to terribad players.
    That is probably because they are tuned for the next tier already. 385 are going to be catch-up gear soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's amazing how many *anti warfront* threads there are or threads that mention how bad they are.
    I mean ive never talked much about blizz stuff, they released it and i played it and was ok.
    But warfronts... telling storry through timegated quests. One Quest chain is worth 1? hour of my brain capacity- Literally u can think of a story in one day, slice it in to parts for 1 year and cry for your follower rats; so they get to eat on right time.

I am OK with questing, i am not ok with every zone having world quests. Quest zones are made like this in bfa : Talk to npc1 -> spawns 3 more npcs with quests ->move to new ground with 1->3->1. Fucking Cheap. I dont want to mention that you repeat this shit 24/7h.

One cant Twink, because its senseless and feels stale when reaching max lvl.
    Raiding seems to be the highest Achievment in WoW again, sadly there is only 1 Raid available.
    Mythic+ is a cool Mechanic! But now its Rewards are capped (not like in legion)
    Stat Squish = Terrible, Hidden way to nerf players gold income
    Arena doesnt fee to bel on the same Level than Raiding, it should be like it always was.
    Professions are easily maxd out, Ressources are more than easy to gather and here comes the clue, phasing is available.

Phasing was first added to WOTLK when they tried to manage too many players at quest spawn points, so basically you talked to vrykul x and he send you to the coast where you got faded into a mist of sand. So far so good. Now look at what phasing has brought the game in legion/ bfa.
    Nothing but pain. it destabilizes the economy and let players feel cheap. Additionaly it is making the Warmode feature useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsASimulation View Post
    I think War Fronts are the "Pet Battles" of BfA.

Cute and flashy in the short term, but a waste of resources and boring in the long term.
    Honestly, Pet Battles are the only stable thing they added to the Game and it gets better updates than the core game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is a disgrace to pet battles to be honest.
    Pet Battles involve strategy and you can lose.
    wonderful <winter wyvern meme><<

I actually really like warfronts. It's the most engaged I've been with PvE in years
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I actually really like warfronts. It's the most engaged I've been with PvE in years
    So its designed for Pvpers?