Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To be fair, the young man he hit on was over 18. Scummy and gross but not illegal. Why he got dragged down into the muck I’ll never understand. I hear he’s an asshole on set and RL, cool, but if we’re going to start arresting people for getting younger people drunk to take sexual advantage of them... then all frats should be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by aenigma1 View Post
    i stopped watching house of cards when he got kicked
    is it stil any good ?
    stopped around that time as well, so no idea. I kinda watched it because of frank underwood so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's mob mentality and saving their image and profits. I understand why it happens, but I dislike the media society for it.
    The last season of house of cards was unwatchable without him. Sure, if was declining in quality the last year(s) he was on it too but without him the show is absolutely awful.

- - - Updated - - -

is it stil any good ?

No. It’s amongst the worst seasons of any show. House of cards peaked quality wise in s2 but the last year without frank was a new low

This dude seeking treatment?
    I doubt he would take anything like that seriously - he thinks he didn't do anything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    To be fair, the young man he hit on was over 18. Scummy and gross but not illegal. Why he got dragged down into the muck I’ll never understand. I hear he’s an asshole on set and RL, cool, but if we’re going to start arresting people for getting younger people drunk to take sexual advantage of them... then all frats should be shut down.
    You are right shoving your hands down the pants and grabbing hold of someone's genitals is "hitting on" them.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I pretty much had the same thing that he's accused of doing happen to me from a neighbor(16 year old neighbor) when I was 6 or 7. You know what I did? I immediately ran home and told my parents who went and confronted them and called the police. I'm sorry, but if I could do that at that age, so could the accuser.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm lost as to why Roseanne couldn't say what NUMEROUS black comedians have said about other black people for decades? The female ape in PotA remake with Mark Wahlberg was compared to Michael Jackson countless times by black comedians. If anything it's racist to condemn what she said. Much less, the woman in question barely looks black to begin with and I believe that she didn't know the woman was black, not that I care if she is or isn't.

This whole nonsense of double standards needs to stop. Could you imagine if a white comedian got up and started doing "black people be like 'MAAAAAN I'M NOT GONNA PAY MY BILLS AND GET NEW RIIIIIIMS' while white people say 'I think I should pay my bills on time and not actually be a scumbag'" similar to how it was ok for the opposite?
    The victim card is not being accepted as a form of currency, maybe next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    If you honestly believe this truly makes someone innocent, I worry for you.
    Isn't he innocent until proven otherwise?

Everyone in this thread has assaulted me sexually 10 years ago. There - I've accused you all. With your logic, you're all guilty.
    Hi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    "Of course they're going to say I'm being disrespectful not playing by the rules. Like I ever played by anyone's rules before. I never did and you loved it."

Has he gone mad? Because that's not what you say before a trial in the same video you imply you're innocent.
    To be fair here, the court of public opinion ruined his career without any evidence, so I think he is entitled to being pissed off about how he was treated. Why should he treat people fairly who have tried to demonize him without any evidence? Nothing but a bunch of Twitter MeToo hashtags was enough to send his career into the toilet. We'll see how his court battle goes, but I think he isn't wrong to be pissed off at how he was treated and summarily got dunked by Netflix.

- - - Updated - - -

If you honestly believe this truly makes someone innocent, I worry for you.
    You are a fucking fool if you think your opinion, or those of a bunch of Twitter twat warriors like yourself is more valid than the court of law. Do us a favour and stop posting your retarded bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Everyone in this thread has assaulted me sexually 10 years ago. There - I've accused you all. With your logic, you're all guilty.
    There are enough details to lend some credit to the stories of his accusers.

Bad analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    We'll see how his court battle goes, but I think he isn't wrong to be pissed off at how he was treated and summarily got dunked by Netflix.
    Why should they have kept him with a cloud like that hanging above him? They were completely and fully right in firing him. Most people get fired for way, way less.

It's not like he'll have to get back to selling shoes tomorrow. I don't understand why even he showed his face, take your millions and live out the rest of your life smoking the green, diddling little boys or whatever he fancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

So by your logic you sexually assaulted your self! (Smartass here)

But yeah Kevin Spacey did not get a fair shake because he was destroyed by court of public opinion not any truths we can prove. Which does not fit innocent until proven guilty, it just fullfil mob reaction.

Personlly I think all cases should be held back from the media until there is a court decision because so many innocent men lives have been ruined by vengeful woman, plenty of cases have been found were the woman lied about everything and she walks away with no jail time while the guys life is still ruined.
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2018-12-26 at 12:33 PM.

??? Someone who has committed a murder isn't truly innocent until their trial has finished. They are guilty in truth as soon as they have committed the murder. The same goes for any other crime.

That truth is inarguable and cannot be acquitted by time.

Suggesting that not reporting an assault for years means no crime was committed, like the post I replied to did, is a gross abandonment of even attempting to uncover that truth.
    That is why the sentences guilty and innocent are always to be read as 'in the eyes of the law', meaning, that, as far as the justice system is concerned, you are either innocent or guilty, no matter what the truth is. That's just how it works, and how it has to work.

And since you are innocent until proven guilty, for now, he is innocent, no matter what happened. If you start determining guilt based on accusations you'll end up with an entire country in jail rather quick.

Allegations like that don't surface up without a single cause. The Hollywood inside jokes about his condition go as far as back as 2005. There are hundreds, thousands of actors who have never been accused of anything remotely like that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    There are enough details to lend some credit to the stories of his accusers.

Bad analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should they have kept him with a cloud like that hanging above him? They were completely and fully right in firing him. Most people get fired for way, way less.

It's not like he'll have to get back to selling shoes tomorrow. I don't understand why even he showed his face, take your millions and live out the rest of your life smoking the green, diddling little boys or whatever he fancies.
    I'm not saying he didn't deserved to get sacked, I just think he has every right to be pissed off about the whole ordeal.

I'm not saying he didn't deserved to get sacked, I just think he has every right to be pissed off about the whole ordeal.
    Yeah I bet Weinstein was also pissed when all that came out.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-12-26 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    no proof he forced anyone
    he only used his position to get sex, like harvey weistein and thousands before them in all industries
    its up to the men and women to say yes or no, how bad they want that career
    There is a reason people saw theatre women as sluts way back in the day
    Much of the reason cases like this and the Weinstein case garner so much attention and scrutiny is because power dynamics introduce more than a little doubt as to whether the interactions were consensual (and it's a serious ethical breach which is why most if not all companies forbid fraternizing between higher- and lower-ranked employees/managers/etc. and why COs aren't allowed to fraternize with their subordinates on a one-to-one basis in the military). "If you don't do this for me, I'll make sure you get blacklisted in this town" in essence removes the choice between 'yes and no,' it becomes a choice of 'am I wiling to risk my dreams/career over a gamble that this person is bluffing and isn't really vindictive enough or influential enough to get me locked out of the industry?' And for most young actors/actresses, that answer is a resounding 'no.'

Furthermore, Spacey is primarily accused of dealing with minors, who can't consent under the law (thus, they can't make an informed decision as the law sees things). But yes, let's play another round of "blame the victim" rather than let the law do its job and decide whether or not the accused is guilty or innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I never understood why he was fired, tbh. If he goes to trial it's up to a judge and a jury of his peers to decide his faith, not the public or fucking netflix.
    If you're mired in controversy surrounding sexual acts with a minor, no company is going to want to have to deal with the PR backlash surrounding that. It's a high risk, low reward gamble at the end of the day: if they stick by him and he ends up with a guilty verdict, they get egg on their face and their reputation is tarnished (as they become 'the guys who defended the pedophile'). If they stick by him and he ends up with a not-guilty verdict... nothing really changes for them. At best the status quo is maintained.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Too late Kevin, public opinion has found you guilty and there is no comeback from that.

There are only two states of outcome - innocent or 800% guilty.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If you're mired in controversy surrounding sexual acts with a minor, no company is going to want to have to deal with the PR backlash surrounding that. It's a high risk, low reward gamble at the end of the day: if they stick by him and he ends up with a guilty verdict, they get egg on their face and their reputation is tarnished (as they become 'the guys who defended the pedophile'). If they stick by him and he ends up with a not-guilty verdict... nothing really changes for them. At best the status quo is maintained.
    Considering the statute of limitations, they also knew that Spacey's name won't be cleared completely in public's eyes either because there won't be a trial for some of the allegations. The thing that started it all allegedly happened 30 years ago and you can't file charges for that anywhere as far as I know.

And between the time Rapp said that Spacey tried to seduce him and Netflix completely cut ties with Spacey, Spacey published that apology (although he didn't admit he did it, he didn't deny it either, saying it 'would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior'), a couple of other people came forward and his publicist said he is going to get treatment. At that point, could a company have supported him without giving the impression that they also support child sexual abuse?

We'll see how his court battle goes, but I think he isn't wrong to be pissed off at how he was treated and summarily got dunked by Netflix.
    See above please. (This upcoming court thing is for something he allegedly done -buying alcohol for a 18 year old and groping him- in 2016 only)

Between him not vehemently denying the allegations (or not denying at all) and too many people coming forward, I think it's way past damage control. Some of the accusations might be wrong, exaggerated or flat out lies but... Don't you think it's a bit too far-fetched that ~30 people accuse you of similar stuff you have done in the last 30 years? If he's completely innocent, he should be mad at himself for not handling it the right way.

is it stil any good ?
    Nope. They made his wife Claire president and it's like the writers of the show played out their fantasies of Hillary Clinton having won. The overt, blatant feminism is jacked up to an 11, to the point where it's borderline offensive. Not only was Frank Underwood killed off, he's pissed on at every opportunity. It's heavily implied that Claire murdered him.

Actual line from the season: "The time of middle-aged white men is OVER!" (Said in total sincerity).

The fuck even was that? Some weird fan fiction?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Allegations like that don't surface up without a single cause. The Hollywood inside jokes about his condition go as far as back as 2005. There are hundreds, thousands of actors who have never been accused of anything remotely like that.
    So because thousands of actors have not been accused, he's guilty because he has been? Of something that allegedly happened 30 years ago?

"Inside jokes about sis condition?" What condition?

Let's say you go to work today, and someone you don't remember, that you were supposed to have met 30 years ago is talking to your boss. You are called into the office, told you are accused of acting inappropriately 30 years ago and are fired. You can't get a job because you've had the one employer all your life.

Do you deserve it simply because someone claims you did something? Since I am sure you are such a good person, and have never been intoxicated, or done a single thing you wish you could take back... it sure would seem unfair that your entire life be destroyed without even getting a chance to face your accuser, hear the claims, and defend yourself?

Did Spacey do something wrong 30 years ago? I don't know... if he's like any other human being I know.. probably did SOMETHING wrong... but did he do this? Pretty sure only two people know.. and to be honest... 30 years? I doubt either of them can say for sure what happened with accuracy.

What most people can say though is that if someone has a problem with sexual assault... they generally get caught a lot sooner than 30 years. And if they are "famous and powerful"? maybe 30 years do pass but then a tidal wave of accusers come foward.

Does that mean he's innocent? Nope. Anymore than your position proves he's guilty.

Spacey did not deserve to be fired from his career simply because of allegations of something that occurred 30 yeas ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there been any actual evidence of his wrong doings or is all this just accusations? A lot of careers and personal lives are being ruined because some woman accuses a guy of sexual harassment or assault and literally everyone believes the woman without question because "aw, poor thing" and whatever the guy has to say is all bullshit to them and he become the biggest piece of shit in the world. It's the most fucked up thing in this country how women are favored over men when it comes to stuff like this. Like what makes a woman's word more credible than a man's? Why are women always treated as the victims and the guys criminals? Especially when zero evidence is presented. Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? Isn't that how the law works?

Anyway I miss seeing Kevin Spacey. He does awesome impressions and he's an excellent actor. I felt really bad for him when everyone just piled on him and ran him into the ground and now it's like he doesn't even exist anymore. Although I admit I have no idea what he's trying to get at here with this video. The only thing that came to my mind was how well his impression was.