Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've had both of Illidan's warglaives on my Druid for about 7 years now.

I cannot equip them on my Druid... I have to farm them again so that I can get the achievement, which will then in turn let me do the DH quest to unlock the xmog appearance.

:|

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Of course not, lol. Illidan was a Demon Hunter, not a Warrior, just because they didn't have Demon Hunters in TBC and had to give it to the closest they've had available at the time instead doesn't change that, if they had made DH's in TBC like they originally wanted to, you would've never had the ability to get them in any shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Elf Sentinels, Night Elf Wardens, Tyrande. See the pattern here?
    Also Fist of the Diety, Mindscythe of the Legion, and pretty much those glaives that are called "longswords" from WoD. Don't try to tell me those are not just discount glaives.

I don't think this is a major issue or anything, but I wouldn't care if they did it. It'd make sense.

they should let people transmog legendary if they can equip them... end.

i want my dk frost going in raid and mm+ with war glaive ( of both thunderfury !

damn you blizzard to not let people having fun !

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Remove warglaive as a weapon type from game, make warglaive a tmog item purchasable by DH through faction Rep vendor.

A weapon type that only ONE class in game can use is bloody stupid.
    Sorta like the three for hunters? And spare me the "warriors and rogues can use them!" Line, they can use them purely due to them never removing the code that allowed them to originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    yeah unique abilities like how rogues have stealth and demon hunters have that sight.
    Welding certain weapon types could be considered abilities as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Welding certain weapon types could be considered abilities as well?
    Except in the traditional sense warriors ability was to wield pretty much anything, short of wands.

Also until Legion happened, warglaives are called "One-handed sword" and "Fist Weapon". I expected some of the glaives in WoD was purely to foreshadow DHs which is why I was confused when they decided to make them their own brand new weapon class.

It doesn't bother me regardless. It would be nice to have a chance of a another class having the drop and not needing it, but when has that ever happened with swords and fists lately?

Its such a dumb and impractical weapon type to use anyway, almost the same as Demon Hunters dual wielding crossbows on D3. I am fine not having those regardless. I dont think we even Will get to use them as they are more of an Elven designed weapon.
    I think they could just go back to being swords, instead of a new weapon type
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2018-12-26 at 08:42 AM.

And then tomorrow you'll be complaining on some random post that all classes have been homogenized, that there is no difference between classes, etc.

It's okay for classes to have their unique stuff.

Merry Christmas ya'll!
    The laziest strawman of all is to dismiss what somebody is saying with a future subjective hypothetical that you assume the person would do with no backing whatsoever.

Try at least a little bit to be disingenuous.

I have no dog in this race. I dont play any of the classes that could even use Warglaives if they enabled them for all the classes that should have them. But they should. Especially since Legion is now over, and with DHs no longer being an expansion feature in [current year], there's no reason to other than to artificially restrict weapon drops and art.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And then tomorrow you'll be complaining on some random post that all classes have been homogenized, that there is no difference between classes, etc.

It's okay for classes to have their unique stuff.

Merry Christmas ya'll!
    This, it would be rediculous to have a mage run with it. Just keep ot to the dh imo.

Merry christmas to you to!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Sorta like the three for hunters? And spare me the "warriors and rogues can use them!" Line, they can use them purely due to them never removing the code that allowed them to originally.
    Except hunter is the ONLY non-caster ranged class (Unholy DK doesn't count), while there are a billion melee class in game.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    every class that was able to equip them beforehand, can still equip bows, guns and crossbows. you just can't really deal any damage with them. just like hunters got their melee weapons removed, until legion.

people have been asking for a class that can use ranged as their main dmg source for a while though...dark rangers to be exact.

but back to the main issue of the post. night elf sentinels have been using those glaives for thousands of years. but only demon hunters, who are not really liked by night elven society - to put it mildly - can.
    Dark Rangers, Tinkers, and Necromancers, to be more exact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Except hunter is the ONLY non-caster ranged class (Unholy DK doesn't count), while there are a billion melee class in game.
    Unholy is a hybrid, so of course it doesn't count.

Deleted
    With that mentality let everyone also be able to train warlock and palandin mounts.

God forbid any class uniqueness.

Also a big part of them being available for transmog is the lack of warglaives, something that is specific to the demon hunter class.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Only elves should get wider use of Warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I've had both of Illidan's warglaives on my Druid for about 7 years now.

I cannot equip them on my Druid... I have to farm them again so that I can get the achievement, which will then in turn let me do the DH quest to unlock the xmog appearance.

:|
    You don't have to farm them again. If you have them and thus the achivement of getting them you can do timewalking BT with any character and it unlocks after killing illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    The laziest strawman of all is to dismiss what somebody is saying with a future subjective hypothetical that you assume the person would do with no backing whatsoever.

Try at least a little bit to be disingenuous.

I have no dog in this race. I dont play any of the classes that could even use Warglaives if they enabled them for all the classes that should have them. But they should. Especially since Legion is now over, and with DHs no longer being an expansion feature in [current year], there's no reason to other than to artificially restrict weapon drops and art.
    I understand the sentiment of what you're saying. I meant no ill towards OP, my 'future subjective hypothesis' was meant as a complaint towards the fan base asking for homogenization only to complain later, to get the point across. Seems you took it too literal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This, it would be rediculous to have a mage run with it. Just keep ot to the dh imo.

Merry christmas to you to!
    Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    With that mentality let everyone also be able to train warlock and palandin mounts.

God forbid any class uniqueness.

Also a big part of them being available for transmog is the lack of warglaives, something that is specific to the demon hunter class.
    How about we change the table and let DHs only able to equip warglaives, not swords and axes. How is that for your "uniqueness"? Son of a ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Since cata only hunters can equip bows, crossbows and guns thats 3 weapons no ones complaining.
    I repeatedly complain that we need another spec somewhere that uses ranged weapons. I figured demon hunter was going to do that for a third spec but then they sacrificed everything, including their third spec. What have you given?!

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    unpopular opinion: warglaives should have remained under the one-hand sword category.
    (DH main btw)
    They wanted different animations for them, I assume. However, you are right.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    How about we change the table and let DHs only able to equip warglaives, not swords and axes. How is that for your "uniqueness"? Son of a ...
    Works for me.