Anyone else remember when Chris said: "If we stopped getting money tomorrow, we still have enough to finish the game"? Turned out to be blatantly false. Without the private investment, the project was over right about now according to the financials.

I frankly don't know how anyone on the SC-love side can be okay with that. The project is now on life support by a private investor and everyone pretends that CIG isn't at the end of their own barrel of money.

As far as I see it, Chris has already failed since he didn't deliver anything by himself. And now it's the usual "I need 2 more years" rant he gave on Freelancer. That caused him to get kicked off the project last time.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2018-12-26 at 05:27 PM.

You need to be a special kind of dumbwit to think that.
    But than again one just has to check your post history and understand. God bless your soul little one.

Yeah well being lied to kinda sucks. They knew there was 0% chance of releasing SQ42 but still announced it every single year lol.
    I'm not very hurt about it but I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You need to be a special kind of dumbwit to think that.
    But than again one just has to check your post history and understand. God bless your soul little one.
    Care to elaborate? It's not even subjective at this point, it's objective. It's what has happened. And I was right, you were wrong.

P.s: The best part is when people like you can't keep it in and start flaming. Just shows I hit a soft spot and that what I'm saying is true. You just don't like the truth.

God bless your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Anyone else remember when Chris said: "If we stopped getting money tomorrow, we still have enough to finish the game"? Turned out to be blatantly false. Without the private investment, the project was over right about now according to the financials.

I frankly don't know how anyone on the SC-love side can be okay with that. The project is now on life support by a private investor and everyone pretends that CIG isn't at the end of their own barrel of money.

As far as I see it, Chris has already failed since he didn't deliver anything by himself. And now it's the usual "I need 2 more years" rant he gave on Freelancer. That caused him to get kicked off the project last time.
    if you look at the financials properly you see they have more than enough without that 46 million to make it to a squadron 42 release, game development costs a ton and now with an extra 46 million there is no problems at all, and are you so naive to think they don't have other money also to help if needed, once the game is released there will not be a need to keep 450 staff where most of the money has been spent so that can save them millions
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    if you look at the financials properly you see they have more than enough without that 46 million to make it to a squadron 42 release, game development costs a ton and now with an extra 46 million there is no problems at all, and are you so naive to think they don't have other money also to help if needed, once the game is released there will not be a need to keep 450 staff where most of the money has been spent so that can save them millions
    So they had enough but decided to take on an investor who will get a say in the game going forward? Great idea. And I'm not sure how you thought they had enough money to go for another year+ without releasing a game. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So they had enough but decided to take on an investor who will get a say in the game going forward? Great idea. And I'm not sure how you thought they had enough money to go for another year+ without releasing a game. But who knows.
    have you even read anything about it. the investment is for 10% shares in the company now valued at 496 million, the investment mainly was to ensure all other funded money stayed going into development instead of say marketing and other expenses that don't progress the game, people like that don't invest in a game unless they will get something out of it. One of the investers is a lawyer that has worked will most of the largest entertainment companys like sony, ubisoft and such so he will probs be providing his services for free also.

A crowd funded game will always eventually start running low on money, at some point outside investers do need to come in especially on a large scale game such as this.

Also chris retains full control over board and group, plus unless these investers were in the gaming development industry they would have no say in how the development goes.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2018-12-27 at 01:31 AM.

have you even read anything about it. the investment is for 10% shares in the company now valued at 496 million, the investment mainly was to ensure all other funded money stayed going into development instead of say marketing and other expenses that don't progress the game, people like that don't invest in a game unless they will get something out of it. One of the investers is a lawyer that has worked will most of the largest entertainment companys like sony, ubisoft and such so he will probs be providing his services for free also.
    Yeah no shit, I understand WHY that company invested. What I'm talking about is the other end. Now that they took that investor money they have to listen to said investors. It went from a fan funded game to outside influences. I'd not be happy having some company hovering over the development.

Pretty sure CR said at one point that with the money they have they could complete SQ42 and the revenue from that would be able to fund SC.

Which basically admits he has zero clue how to manage the project and is assuming SQ42 will do well....

But I mean this is stuff we already knew about his incompetence. I mean he was kicked off his own project for pulling similar stunts he is doing with this game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-27 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty sure CR said at one point that with the money they have they could complete SQ42 and the revenue from that would be able to fund SC.

Which basically admits he has zero clue how to manage the project and is assuming SQ42 will do well....

But I mean this is stuff we already knew about his incompetence. I mean he was kicked off his own project for pulling similar stunts he is doing with this game.
    People who backed the game already know chris was overly optimistic in which he wants the game he is working on to be the best he can make it, its what you signed up for if you have backed the game.

Noone else is working on a game like this and for those who can see how the game is developing, this game is becoming the space game we have all been waiting for.

You can whine all you want but without chris it would be years before any other game like this would even be attempted.

Lol dude, if they didn't need the money they wouldn't have been looking for someone to invest in it right now.

Also, the fact that SQ42 actually will be in beta 2020 isn't set in stone. It is like any of CIG'S projected release dates. And with their track record, they're more likely to miss it than not.

So no, you don't know that they had enough without the investment for a SQ42 release. That's your faith talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

That's typical Chris. Says everything is in greybox or later, markets a release every year with certainty, then all of a sudden it isn't because he at some point decided to redo everything.

Chris sucks. Simple as.

Lol dude, if they didn't need the money they wouldn't have been looking for someone to invest in it right now.

Also, the fact that SQ42 actually will be in beta 2020 isn't set in stone. It is like any of CIG'S projected release dates. And with their track record, they're more likely to miss it than not.

So no, you don't know that they had enough without the investment for a SQ42 release. That's your faith talking.

- - - Updated - - -
    i never said they dont need more money, the money they do still have even before the new investment would of been more than enough to get a squadron 42 release, a few features may have to be held back until later but they can get the game into a release if push came to shove.

The fact that someone has invested a large sum also proves they have faith in the projects ability to be a success.

Yes chris has his flaws but if your like me and have tried every space game, and have found none have quite had that true space feel, even now in the PTU its feeling like a space game should, chris is the only one trying to give us the game we want.

So you should just suck it up, properly discuss the game and wait to see how the game is when its closer to release, 6 years development so far and the game has come leaps and bounds.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2018-12-27 at 05:39 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

That's typical Chris. Says everything is in greybox or later, markets a release every year with certainty, then all of a sudden it isn't because he at some point decided to redo everything.

Chris sucks. Simple as.
    Some people imo on forums, reddit and whatnot just worship the ground he walks on.

He's made like one good series of games that's it. And that's because he had people managing him.

Look at work he's tried to do on his own with movies/games. The movies tanked and the games flopped and one of them was coming along so slow he got booted off the project.

People need to stop acting like he's the Messiah of video games. He just isn't. He's just somebody who made a good game series ages ago and is trying to be noticed again. Nothing more.

i never said they dont need more money, the money they do still have even before the new investment would of been more than enough to get a squadron 42 release, a few features may have to be held back until later but they can get the game into a release if push came to shove.

The fact that someone has invested a large sum also proves they have faith in the projects ability to be a success.

Yes chris has his flaws but if your like me and have tried every space game, and have found none have quite had that true space feel, even now in the PTU its feeling like a space game should, chris is the only one trying to give us the game we want.

So you should just suck it up, properly discuss the game and wait to see how the game is when its closer to release, 6 years development so far and the game has come leaps and bounds.
    Yeah - the guy, who isn't a gamer/has no clue about the target audience, has faith in his friend and gets a share in the company. That's a double-edged sword. Even pre-2015 when I had no doubts about SC I wouldn't have liked that. It's outside influence. Part of the reason I even backed was because I wanted it to be a crowdfunded project with as little private investment as possible.

The bottom line is that if Chris felt the same way you do, he would never have taken the money. He has all the incentive, both for the company financially and himself, to have released SQ42 by himself and used the profits for SC.

And don't you worry -- I'll be around for when Star Citizen is closer to release(whenever that is lul) or any end result in-between. I'm going to ride it out in Derek Smart's camp because he was proven right about the game.

Yeah - the guy, who isn't a gamer/has no clue about the target audience, has faith in his friend and gets a share in the company. That's a double-edged sword. Even pre-2015 when I had no doubts about SC I wouldn't have liked that. It's outside influence. Part of the reason I even backed was because I wanted it to be a crowdfunded project with as little private investment as possible.

The bottom line is that if Chris felt the same way you do, he would never have taken the money. He has all the incentive, both for the company financially and himself, to have released SQ42 by himself and used the profits for SC.

And don't you worry -- I'll be around for when Star Citizen is closer to release(whenever that is lul) or any end result in-between. I'm going to ride it out in Derek Smart's camp because he was proven right about the game.
    if you even look up basic information you can see that the new investor has been involved with all the technology companies for the past 27 years, sony, ubisoft, trion, etc so its clear to see he has much more insight that what we have on these forums. 10% stake basically gives him a seat and an advisor position.

Crowd funded money doesn't last forever and the more money the game brings in the better it will be on release, if they were running out of money don't you think they would be letting less essential staff go to save on funds, as salaries is where a good chunk of the money goes.

The game has not even been in proper development for that much longer than other games with fully established studios, it took 5 years from the end of the kickstarter to get up to the 450 staff there is today, which significantly slows down the development.

The "they weren't even in full development until 2016" really doesn't hold water because CIG contracted out to multiple studios for precisely that reason. If they were just a skeleton crew it would be a fair observation but that is not what occured.

CIG spent almost one quarter of their income on contractors from 2013-2017. $8 million per year on average, which allows for approximately 100 additional staff per year (on average). It should also be noted that the scope at that time was siginficantly less so the headcount didn't need to be so high.

I love the petty insults, real classy.

I've stated before I have no interest in a P2W game. It isn't about pledging and being jilted either. I've paid 0 into the game though if I wanted I have a fair amount of disposable income. This game won't ever see a penny from me though. But don't worry, you guys will have your game in 2021...supposedly.

- - - Updated - - -

You think it is some victory they had to get an infusion of cash from outside sources after they have mismanaged the amount of money they have gotten? It is a victory that they are now saying 2020/2021 for something that was supposed to have been out a couple years ago? Yeah, you so won. I don't think the goalposts are moving in the direction you are wanting though if you think that is a win.
    Then im just curious why you are here posting time and time again when you have no interest in the game? Wtf? Dont you have better things to do?
    If i find a game that dont appeal to me be it because of gameplay issues or the setup of the game and how you pay for it. Then i may post one or two posts but i would not ramble endlessly about it on a forum that is not even connected to the game in question.

Uh huh sure. Because what, Chris said so? Taking investments for a game that was supposed to be crowdfunded is a BAD look. Simple as that. It is like the cherry on top of the shit sundae that this game has been over the years with missed deadlines, mismanagement of funds, lying to backers and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: Stop being so critical so this thread can turn into an echo chamber of praise for Chris and his team!

Yeah no. And when is closer to release? 4 years from now? Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, people that truly do want SC to happen should be really unhappy that they had to take outside investments. Now there is another hand in the making of this game and this one might be more about making money than making the game you guys want. I mean you guys see how much people hate Activision for supposedly ruining Blizzard right? Do you guys REALLY want some investor coming in and getting changes in the game? I for one would be pissed off if I helped crowdsource this project and they turn around and get outside help. It ruins the vision imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Then im just curious why you are here posting time and time again when you have no interest in the game? Wtf? Dont you have better things to do?
    If i find a game that dont appeal to me be it because of gameplay issues or the setup of the game and how you pay for it. Then i may post one or two posts but i would not ramble endlessly about it on a forum that is not even connected to the game in question.
    I'll say this again and for hopefully the last time. I'm here for the spectacle. This game took in a looooot of crowdfunded money. This game has missed countless deadlines. This game has a fully functional cash shop raking in tons of money. This game is selling hopes and dreams and so far has not delivered. It is like an accident in slow motion. I find it interesting if nothing else.

I have plenty of spare time and taking a few minutes to read some forum posts and post a reply is not hurting me. I'm glad you are so concerned with me though. If I must say I want to see this project fail just because I can't stand cash shops and P2W elements in games. If they ever do manage to release the game I want to see how close they got to their kickstarter promises.

Uh huh sure. Because what, Chris said so? Taking investments for a game that was supposed to be crowdfunded is a BAD look. Simple as that. It is like the cherry on top of the shit sundae that this game has been over the years with missed deadlines, mismanagement of funds, lying to backers and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: Stop being so critical so this thread can turn into an echo chamber of praise for Chris and his team!

Yeah no. And when is closer to release? 4 years from now? Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, people that truly do want SC to happen should be really unhappy that they had to take outside investments. Now there is another hand in the making of this game and this one might be more about making money than making the game you guys want. I mean you guys see how much people hate Activision for supposedly ruining Blizzard right? Do you guys REALLY want some investor coming in and getting changes in the game? I for one would be pissed off if I helped crowdsource this project and they turn around and get outside help. It ruins the vision imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say this again and for hopefully the last time. I'm here for the spectacle. This game took in a looooot of crowdfunded money. This game has missed countless deadlines. This game has a fully functional cash shop raking in tons of money. This game is selling hopes and dreams and so far has not delivered. It is like an accident in slow motion. I find it interesting if nothing else.

I have plenty of spare time and taking a few minutes to read some forum posts and post a reply is not hurting me. I'm glad you are so concerned with me though. If I must say I want to see this project fail just because I can't stand cash shops and P2W elements in games. If they ever do manage to release the game I want to see how close they got to their kickstarter promises.
    1 - Crowd funds only last so far, most companies need outside investment at some point, how can this look bad it makes no sense, if someone is willing to invest it means the project has merit and can make that investment back and more.

2 - why should people be unhappy about outside investment, a 10% stake in the company is basically just a seat and the ability to offer advise, they don't have any say in how the game will be made.

3 - If you look at the financials properly there is more than enough to get to the start of 2021, and now with outside investment that can be used to potentially bring in even more revenue so no money issues at all.

4 - This is chris's game and he will make the game the way he wanted it to turn out as, players are so toxic these days and can't be happy about anything, i mean would you rather there be no upcoming space game coming along because frankly the current generation of space games is severly lacking in any sort of depth and any real feel for what a space game should be.

5 - On the subject of buying ships, box sales would not be enough to make this game with the larger scope of which the community wanted and voted for, without getting outside investment from a much earlier point there is no way to make that sort of money otherwise.

1 - Crowd funds only last so far, most companies need outside investment at some point, how can this look bad it makes no sense, if someone is willing to invest it means the project has merit and can make that investment back and more.

2 - why should people be unhappy about outside investment, a 10% stake in the company is basically just a seat and the ability to offer advise, they don't have any say in how the game will be made.

3 - If you look at the financials properly there is more than enough to get to the start of 2021, and now with outside investment that can be used to potentially bring in even more revenue so no money issues at all.

4 - This is chris's game and he will make the game the way he wanted it to turn out as, players are so toxic these days and can't be happy about anything, i mean would you rather there be no upcoming space game coming along because frankly the current generation of space games is severly lacking in any sort of depth and any real feel for what a space game should be.

5 - On the subject of buying ships, box sales would not be enough to make this game with the larger scope of which the community wanted and voted for, without getting outside investment from a much earlier point there is no way to make that sort of money otherwise.
    1- I mean how much fucking money do they need? Look at how much they have taken in, they still have a cash shop going. Also, haven't you guys been saying they had enough money without outside investment to finish the job? It looks BAD because it is a crowdfunded project for the people paying in and now that dream/vision is being tampered with by outside investments. If you can't understand that then there is nothing more to say on it.

2- Oh is that all? A seat on the company and an 'advisory' role? Sure that's all. Yup. They won't totally influence changes to attempt to make the game more profitable or anything. Nope. That's funny, they have NO say? I highly doubt that one.

3- Uh huh sure, if they had enough to make it to 2021 then they didn't need outside investors. But that isn't what happened.

4- That's the thing. It ISN'T just his game anymore. When you start taking in money from people it becomes their game too. Does it not? This isn't the same as buying a completed project off the shelf, this is crowdfunding.

5- Then maybe they should have tempered their goals and informed the community that they didn't have enough money to make a game of the larger scope the community wanted, eh? I think they took in MORE than enough money to make this game. Just because they are shitty with management and can't deliver without outside investment is their fault.