Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We were killed by said newborn Titan and that would've been the end if we didn't have the Pantheon with us, a dragon aspect who had lost the lion's share of her power, the Lich King also killed us and we were saved by deus ex machina, al'akir was the weakest of the four, and we had help from 3 demigod-level characters for raggy.

For all the headcanon players have about us being godkillers we're not nearly as strong as we think we are. And we're weaker now than we were before having given up our artifacts.
    This. The Legion finale was very much us coming back down to earth (Azeroth), literally and figuratively.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean some people on these forums think that Azshara and N'zoth are some sort of second coming of Jesus Christ themselves, when they are really yet another small bump on the road we take to fight the next real big bads we have on the hit list.

Yep, it's about time those bumps on the road start getting a clue.

Azshara is yet another insect full of herself, I bet she will say at least a couple of times in 8.2 how puny we are and how her power is beyond our comprehension, as we have her cave crumbling around her and ultimately have her stomped like all the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    This. The Legion finale was very much us coming back down to earth (Azeroth), literally and figuratively.
    Ultimately it does not matter, so far we have what 100% success rate one way or another? Our would be adversaries should be aware and wary of that fact, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    By that logic she must see herself as above the power level of Titans. I agree that Azshara has a large ego, but I don't think she's stupid.
    She thought Sargeras was going to marry her. Arrogance is a major character trait of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    She thought Sargeras was going to marry her. Arrogance is a major character trait of hers.
    Even more to the point she thought she was the superior one and that she'd finally found someone "worthy" of her.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Even more to the point she thought she was the superior one and that she'd finally found someone "worthy" of her.
    I don’t know why everyone thinks that the bad guys know what we know.

How the heck does Azshara know how strong a titan is relative to her? She knows a Titan dies to a mortal - so she thinks she’s stronger.

She knows the power of Nzoth - MAYBE he shared with her the information or maybe he didn’t. Maybe he’s tricked her into thinking she’s more powerful than she is because he wants to treat himself as more powerful.

Nobody knows! Except the writers thanks to the poster above... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

By that logic she must see herself as above the power level of Titans. I agree that Azshara has a large ego, but I don't think she's stupid.
    Never underestimate someone who calls themself the most beautiful person.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    azshara is a joke, how many times we defeated the naga already?

she even failed at stealing the pillar of creation, like, girl, you are the most powerful mage in azeroth and can't even defeat a dumb mortal with a sword?
    "muhaha i am so evil.. oh no.. you defeated me AGAIN WHYY" enjoy your victory mortal "
    How exactly is Azshara a joke?

We have killed plenty of Naga, but we have never layed a finger on Azshara. The closest we have ever came to actually damaging her is the flashback in Azsuna and that doesn't even phase her.

Other threads have argued whether Nzoth and the Old Gods made Azshara weaker or stronger, but at this point we don't know. Blizzard could always mess up the story and make Azshara just another villain, but lorewise, she should be a challenge.

As far as the Pillars of Creation go, Suramar needed the Eye of Amanthul to protect it during the Sundering. Azshara alone was able to hold back the flood waters, at least for a bit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    We have killed plenty of Naga, but we have never layed a finger on Azshara. The closest we have ever came to actually damaging her is the flashback in Azsuna and that doesn't even phase her.
    Azsuna.
    she shows up.
    but she doesn't murder us while she could, or killed farondis.
    why? PC plot armor probably, but she is like "muhahah i am azshara, i am so evil, i will steal the pilar of creation.. and threat to flood the broken islands, but meanwhile i will do nothing!"
    if she was the one present in eye of azshara, we would be all probably dead by now.
    she is probably the strongest mortal alive, but she doesn't do nothing with all that power.

Right now, we are doing exactly what those two want. Found it annoying how much the twilight hammer manipulated the world post cataclysm? Hold on to your butts it's going to get a whole lot nastier.

I think we are being set up to fall. And fall hard. I think once 8.3 goes over to 9.0, we are about to loose. All the Azerite we as the champions have been farming goes directly to N'zoth to feed him while idiot Alliance and Horde will have deminished their resources and number in soldiers considerably thanks to the war.

At the end of the Azshara raid we will not have beaten her, merely amused her while she shows us she has this thingy that is going to wreck the world and nobody can stop her. Then Magni the pawn will get the brilliant idea to unload our necklaces into it. Bingo.

I think both will go "haha, stupid mortals".
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I think we are all tired of the typical villain going from:
    "You shall perish/die/turn to ash beneath my endless/superior/awesome power"
    to:
    "You defeated me, I did not see this coming. But my death means nothing, others will carry on my work/your destiny is written/nothing shall stop my anger/power/endless rage!!"

So yeah, after 14 years of this, a liitle bit of creativity wouldn`t hurt the game. Maybe they can deliver this time, Aszhara is not that powerful, just a scheming witch.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were killed by said newborn Titan and that would've been the end if we didn't have the Pantheon with us, a dragon aspect who had lost the lion's share of her power, the Lich King also killed us and we were saved by deus ex machina, al'akir was the weakest of the four, and we had help from 3 demigod-level characters for raggy.

For all the headcanon players have about us being godkillers we're not nearly as strong as we think we are. And we're weaker now than we were before having given up our artifacts.
    pls prove me wrong and show me a single fight our great mary sue characters lost in entire wow history, even fights we 'lost' like LK an ex-machina event interfere and save our asses
    by now my character should be confident he will never die, he faced death itself, dragon that split the world, old gods, every single rank of a demon that exist and f8cked them for (what we assume) good in twisting neither, even f8cking titans
    give me a reason why xxikillbelfs the gnome rogue can 'fear' n'zoth, what in his 8? (wow years) had he ever lose to, to start now fear an old god and a naga witch?
    wow story is that sh8tty and joke, we killed many 'strong' enemies, twice even many times, if a paladin who faces all that from ragnaros to artonos fear n'zoth, he must have amnesia to forget how he beat everything, and actiblizz never gave a hint that heroes who started in vanilla wow are all dead, in fact on reverse we have many times npcs talk to us as savior of azeroth, even if character wasn't created (or maybe the player himself didn't start) during TBC era for example (heck blizz made DKs fight illidan, wtf !?)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    pls prove me wrong and show me a single fight our great mary sue characters lost in entire wow history, even fights we 'lost' like LK an ex-machina event interfere and save our asses
    by now my character should be confident he will never die, he faced death itself, dragon that split the world, old gods, every single rank of a demon that exist and f8cked them for (what we assume) good in twisting neither, even f8cking titans
    give me a reason why xxikillbelfs the gnome rogue can 'fear' n'zoth, what in his 8? (wow years) had he ever lose to, to start now fear an old god and a naga witch?
    wow story is that sh8tty and joke, we killed many 'strong' enemies, twice even many times, if a paladin who faces all that from ragnaros to artonos fear n'zoth, he must have amnesia to forget how he beat everything, and actiblizz never gave a hint that heroes who started in vanilla wow are all dead, in fact on reverse we have many times npcs talk to us as savior of azeroth, even if character wasn't created (or maybe the player himself didn't start) during TBC era for example (heck blizz made DKs fight illidan, wtf !?)
    Addicts are sad, sad people. When I work in retail and see smokers come in only having enough money for food or cigarettes and they choose the latter I feel sad inside. When I come onto these forums and see people filled with such hate towards a mere game that they have to twist every aspect of it into something negative, yet they torture themselves by repeatedly returning to said forums, I feel sad inside.

I can't imagine what it's like to hate something so much and yet have an overpowering need for it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addicts are sad, sad people. When I work in retail and see smokers come in only having enough money for food or cigarettes and they choose the latter I feel sad inside. When I come onto these forums and see people filled with such hate towards a mere game that they have to twist every aspect of it into something negative, yet they torture themselves by repeatedly returning to said forums, I feel sad inside.

I can't imagine what it's like to hate something so much and yet have an overpowering need for it.
    wtf u talking about, what is that weird answer that have nothing to do with the game ?
    so u consider anyone who think game writing is bad, is addict or whatever ? so explain to me the 'great' story of WoD, specially the AU part, that blizz promised to explain 5 years ago, and we still didn't get that answer yet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I'd love that, but it's not going to happen. Legion was a great opportunity to show a more cunning and diabolical enemy and yet we were bombarded with nothing but the same "evil" we've faced for years.

I would love for N'zoth to actually attempt offering us a pact, or Azshara to try beguiling us and making us pity her for a ruthless backstab. Something to show that for once, the villain isn't just an evil tyrant who cannot possibly imagine us defeating them until we're looting their corpse like every other boss.
    I would also love a villain that actually properly respected and saw us as a legitimate foe, but I don't really think that role should be given to N'zoth or Azshara.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really. Azshara sees us as nothing less than insects.
    They should realy stop with the: TRRMBLE BEFORE ME LANDCRAWLERS yells.. it feels weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Ultimately it does not matter, so far we have what 100% success rate one way or another? Our would be adversaries should be aware and wary of that fact, don't you think?
    Actually arent the 2 factions not equal after all? In the last book it was stated which dungeon/raid were defeated by which faction i believe, so alliance got some kills and horde got some others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    They should realy stop with the: TRRMBLE BEFORE ME LANDCRAWLERS yells.. it feels weak.
    Yes, and no...

You gotta remember, she has transcended into a higher state of being and therefor beliefs we are even less, than what her kind would've seen us before. She calls her once equals for lesser beings too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, and no...

You gotta remember, she has transcended into a higher state of being and therefor beliefs we are even less, than what her kind would've seen us before. She calls her once equals for lesser beings too.
    Yea I guess, but to make things more believable.. look what we have killed in the past.. we were with 40.. then because we didnt need 40 we did it with 25 few years later. I mean you cant keep selling this. If she is so smart she should have a plan and should be scared of us.
    Also the line; tremble before me card is done.. like for real. It more and more starts to look like disney. Yes I said disney, the weak voicelines realy are bitingme, things start to get real old fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea I guess, but to make things more believable.. look what we have killed in the past.. we were with 40.. then because we didnt need 40 we did it with 25 few years later. I mean you cant keep selling this. If she is so smart she should have a plan and should be scared of us.
    Also the line; tremble before me card is done.. like for real. It more and more starts to look like disney. Yes I said disney, the weak voicelines realy are bitingme, things start to get real old fast.
    Well, she apparently does have a plan which have been in motion for decades (According to lore). Of course, it'll feel shit that she'll not be a 40 man boss but I have a feeling we'll get help on her like some of the others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We have the "Plotforce" on our side. Any villain should be wary.