Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    it's for good pacing, I really don't care that much that I need to wait a year after bfa release to play a zandalari or work toward playing one
    It's not good pacing in the slightest, and it should bother you if you have a problem with AAA companies treating their costumers like garbage. Kul Tirans and Zandalari were hyped up and advertised as something we'd be playing shortly after reaching 120. Story-wise, we've already earned these race's trust countless times over, and should be able to play them right now. Dark Iron and Mag'har are completely irrelevant to the story of BFA, and it seems more like they were meant to come in later on. But it's extremely clear the only reason they were being withheld, was so they could later be used as a "carrot on a stick" in an attempt to recoup the massive subs they lost once they FINALLY get this fucking game (that they charged us full price for) out of beta nearly a year after it was released... It baffles me how there are still people making excuses for Blizzard, and are perfectly fine with a company proving time and time and time and time again they have absolutely zero respect for gamers.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

It is sad that Blizzard wants to timegate Kul tirans and Zandalari just to milk their playerbase for business purposes.

It has nothing to do with Warcraft Lore, as they already consider us their allies since the end of the war campaign from patch 8.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    It's not good pacing in the slightest, and it should bother you if you have a problem with AAA companies treating their costumers like garbage. Kul Tirans and Zandalari were hyped up and advertised as something we'd be playing shortly after reaching 120. Story-wise, we've already earned these race's trust countless times over, and should be able to play them right now. Dark Iron and Mag'har are completely irrelevant to the story of BFA, and it seems more like they were meant to come in later on. But it's extremely clear the only reason they were being withheld, was so they could later be used as a "carrot on a stick" in an attempt to recoup the massive subs they lost once they FINALLY get this fucking game (that they charged us full price for) out of beta nearly a year after it was released... It baffles me how there are still people making excuses for Blizzard, and are perfectly fine with a company proving time and time and time and time again they have absolutely zero respect for gamers.
    I agree 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard has been very meticulous with the pacing of releasing content for a while now. Spreading it out as thinly as possible. It works like a charm too; there are plenty of people even here on these forums that feel content and patches are plentiful compared to previous expansions. Hard to blame Blizzard when really the culprit is a big chunk of the community that falls like a brick for these basic marketing schemes.
    I would agree if Blizzard had announced Zandalari Trolls in Blizzcon 2018. but they didn't, thy were announced in Blizzcon 2017, November 2017. Zandalari Trolls will be released to the public 1.5 years later of their announcement, almost the same time as a new expansion cycle. This is a marketing decision yes, but a very shadowy one, one we aren't used to since the implementation of WoW. We are now treated with carrots on a stick, as if Blizzard sees us as donkeys.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-28 at 11:24 AM.

We now live in an era where the expansion features used to sell the expansion revealed at Blizzcon are repgrind, achievement and timegated along side previous features revealed to sell previous expansions, such as flying mounts. I guess in hindsight we are lucky they didn't gate Demonhunters behind finishing the full Illidan questline and having rep farming Illidari, Legionfall and Nightborne to max by the end of Patch 7.2.
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2018-12-28 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    We now live in an era where the expansion features used to sell the expansion revealed at Blizzcon are repgrind, achievement and timegated along side previous features revealed to sell previous expansions, such as flying mounts. I guess in hindsight we are lucky they didn't gate Demonhunters behind finishing the full Illidan questline and rep farming Illidari, Legionfall and Nightborne to max.
    Holy S&%##, don't give Blizzard new timegating ideas lol

Not interested in kt or trolls really. Wanted my blood elf model for alliance so im perfectly happy with what i've got. But i agree these 2 new allied races should have been released already.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It makes perfect sense that Zandalari fully and officially join the Horde after we almost conquer Dazar
    It would have made just as much sense after we defeated Zul, Mythrax and G'huun. In fact even more so because then the Alliance would attack a member of the Horde in Dazar'alor and not just an allied nation.

or maybe I really don't care about AAA companies and in no way has blizzard treated any customer as garbage but I do care about the product. Those allied races have been presented lightly in the blizzcon expansion reveal but since then they've shifted their view on which allied races should come to be playable for the alliance and horde, with the addition of kultirans and maghar. They've updated accordingly their websites to reflect that change. And it was for the best, as it creates a better parralel for the horde and alliance. Besides the first races to be announced were the dark iron and the zandalari, so don't spit false facts about them hyping up the expansion using zandalar and kultirans...

you say we've gained their trust comptless times, I'm not so sure. Maybe after the Dazar'Alor raid it will be so. Anyway It doesn't matter what you think about it story wise as it will be developed in game as it makes sense for the developers and story tellers. Why can't you enjoy it as it is delivered? Has blizzard such a history of bad storytelling? Have you been disappointed times and times again? Then why do you bother comming back to them? have you no pride at all?

If the product and what lives around it sucks for you, don't bother playing it as there won't be any nice surprises. All of my friends that were frustrated with this expansion left it and have no regrets and I can assure that kultiran and zandalar will not make them come back to the game. I like my friends, I like this game, but hell... if it's not working out, why force it?

you have to let go and just enjoy the many good games available to you, if it's wow, then we have a thing in common. But don't shit on the dev team like you're doing, it's sad

It's not good pacing in the slightest, and it should bother you if you have a problem with AAA companies treating their costumers like garbage.
    Well, we do live in an era when every small bit of content is usually sold separately as a "dlc" or a part of "season pass", extra races, classes or customization options are stuffed into the cash shop, etc. If wow didn't have sub fee, be sure you'd have to pay not only for every expansion, but also for every patch as a separate "dlc" or "content update" and Kul Tirans would be for 20$ in the cash shop.

The sub fee is probably one thing that mitigates them from implementing the most cash-grabby practices that exist in the gaming market, but that means they're trying to drip feed the content to get subs out of people, as they know if everything is released at start, they'll get the box fee and 1-2 months sub tops from casuals and then nothing until another expac or at least super big hyped patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a joke at this point I'm not sure why they're being held back so far. They do not have a good reason. They were revealed in 2017 and now they aren't going to be playable for most of the playerbase until maybe Febuary/march 2019 assuming the last LFR wing opens then?

I think it's time to start talking about sub-ransoming or striking. New Year's Day, everyone drop their subscription but before you do, flood their forum with the same message. "Give me my Kul Tiran Human / Zandalari Troll as advertised or I'm not coming back."

It's time to play by their rules. If they want to screw around and hold things back as ransom for our subs, then we should cut their balls off and demand what we're owed by the advertisement and "features" list.

>Assume they were going to be released by patch X.Y
    >Find out they aren't released by patch X.Y
    >Assume they were pushed back

k.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrent View Post

k.
    Except he provided a lot more reasons for his thinking. Just because cbb to actually read doesnt make him wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrent View Post

k.
    There is a lot of evidence to point toward this. Why is this hard to believe?