Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'd say we got about 4 million active subs, and around 2.5m active players.
    I'd guess this.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Seeing rares up in Outland and hearing Doom Lord Kazzak complete his RP talk and not be interrupted tells me am i only person in outland at this present time i did a /who and yes i was lol
    He keeps dying within seconds for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Just purely going off guesses since we dont have access to numbers.
    What do you think?
    I would say were prob at like 4.5 Million.
    What do you think?
    Realisticly, less than 2 mil.

I've had a rough estimation of Sub Numbers since they stopped telling us the numbers after Q3 2015, being at 5.6 mil at that time. With how the content draught started right after that, then Legion and now BfA came around, the defacto worst times for the game ever. The subs have to be really low. I believe the were estimated by someone, It's In an article somewhere that It's at a 1.7 mil, leaked info I believe. And that's at least believable. Less than 2 mil was me estimation since BfA''s launch and It'll only go down until 8.2 and depending on how good that'll be we might see the numbers rise or lower, but I'll say lower.

Realisticly, until 9.0 the subs will keep going down as faith in the expansion has been destroyed since launch. Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing with Wow anymore and haven't known for 8 years now, which coincidently goes along with their consistent sub drops since Cataclysm's launch.

Besides, to Blizzard we've not been a success, alongside Overwatch If the rumors are to be believed from Blizzard employees, which I do believe. I mean we have to pay for character services, we have shop mounts and pets (Which Is basically Pay2win when It comes to pet battles, the store pets being the top 50 pets In the game for figthting) Blizzard Token to get subs with. And you have to remember, LOTS of people had a year or two or perhaps more worth of subs In tokens to stay "Subbed" but with tokens. And those are running out now, for those unaware in Warlords your garrison table gave you crazy amounts of gold and people would buy wow tokens with It to have years worth of subs which are running out now.

And by the way, this is horrifying but It's true, many people stay subbed ONLY because they have a free sub with a token, they wouldn't pay money for the game It's not worth It they say, but is it If It's free... that's how bad you are doing blizzard, your own players are saying your game Is as much worth as a free 2 play game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    2 million to 5 million. When an expansion launches there are a lot more people.
    Wow at that optimism, you give too much credit to the game and to Activision Blizzard. I mean sure there's a lot more people during launch... but not a few million fuck me man. I mean the highest number we've seen was a million with Warlords launch, and I HEAVILY doubt after Warlords failure people will come back In the millions to try out the game again, not for many many many years.

Another point, games like Final Fantasy 14 (Stop just writing FFXIV not everybody understands that, don't be lazy) have had their last expansion peek with players at 2 mil subs. Elder Scrolls Online despite It's samey repetative combat Is doing well too, Star Trek Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Warframe and many more are showing they can do content well enough, be pro-consumer (Not all but they do try) and still be active and not have to shut down.

I mean as of Legion's failure and sub drops during that time, estimated around 3-4 mil and going lower and lower Into BfA's launch, the game hasn't been top dog MMO since that time. And right now, even games like Final Fantasy 14 will have more subs than WoW and many other MMOs who don't say their sub numbers. But you can be sure of one thing, once their sub numbers are sooo high they could be higher than WoWs, they will tell the world, they will scream from the rooftops to make sure everyone knows they're winning and WoW is failing.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2018-12-28 at 02:30 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Right now? 1.5 and on a nonstop decline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    It was 1.7 based of the data wow leaked out to the add on api but that was back in October and was only active sub numbers.

Don't know why a low number is surprising, mmos as a genera are basicly dead, which is kind of why I find the posts in the classic forums proclaiming the huge numbers it will get so funny. The popularity of mmos was a fad that passed like everything in the entertainment world.

There's a website somewhere that trys to collate all the subnumbers of all mmos, I'll see if I can find it but there's less than 10million mmo players in the world when I counted up, I say less than because people might be subbed to multiple games or be active playing multiple games.

It's why blizz is so focused in making new ip and mobile. The mmo cash cow is milked dry.
    I disagree with MMO's just being a fad. I know they are not as popular as before and genres like Battle Royale are booming, but I think if Bli$$ard carried on making quality content in WoW then it would still be a popular game.

I'm not saying it would stay at the 12 million peak forever because that's just nonsense, but the sub numbers would be a hell of a lot higher if the content was as good as it was in say Wrath for instance. They shot themselves in the foot, and whilst the game's age and the genre and all that is a factor, I think Blizzard themselves were the biggest factor and they done fucked up son.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    5-6 millions a little less than usual for this time in an xpac.

https://www.wowprogress.com/apoints/
    ofc I know about that site its not accurate, you cant filter aka you can find lvl 100 chars with 25k achivies who dont play, also after clicking 100's of times on new page Im only at 26k.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Just purely going off guesses since we dont have access to numbers.
    What do you think?
    I would say were prob at like 4.5 Million.
    What do you think?
    I'd say less than what it was during WoD, so like 3-4mio max.

Deleted
    i'm impressed that there are still people even playing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    Probably at or under 1m subs.
    this probs most acurate quess tbh,i find it hard to believe there are any more than that still subbed.

1% straight the rest are gay as fuck

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say at max, 3 mil. Unfortunately, the first impressions of BFA we're terrible and many people have already left and probably won't return for some time. Alpha/Beta testers are probably the most pissed off with the expansion because they reported so many issues and Blizzard ignored everything. At least now they are slowly starting to make improvements, but the damage has been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-2mil I'd guess. I think their PR is too bad to be realistically attracting new players atm, and my personal observations have been everyone I knew leaving, including myself.

I feel pretty certain the playerbase took a large hit after Blizzcon but it has stabilized again at its lowest level yet.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5-7 millions

Deleted
    It wouldn't surprise me if it has dropped below 1 million. Look at the popularity of WoW over the years:

It's at a all time low. Even sharding can't hide the lack of players anymore most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    All these 'million subs' are kind of pointless. I really don't care as long as my realm is populated. The real question is, what is your battlegroup population at?
    True, i might be on the most populated battlegroup, the one that has US-illidan and the like, plenty of ppl playing

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon27 View Post
    I think a better question is: "Why do we care about how many subs WoW has?". Maybe it's just me but x million/hundred thousand/thousand subs means absolutely nothing to me.
    I agree. It is just people that hate the game and are desperate for anything to confirm their bias.

Worldwide 5-6 million at worst. Probably bigger drop since BFA launch in US/EU than in asia. We haven't heard about chinese player numbers for a long time, long before they stopped reporting in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it has dropped below 1 million. Look at the popularity of WoW over the years:

It's at a all time low. Even sharding can't hide the lack of players anymore most of the time.

So these 12 million at the start of Wrath should be 25% of the early vanilla peak? Ever heard of correlation vs. causality?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    like 2 million, globally.