View Poll Results: Have you enabled WM as Alliance in 8.1?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • Yes

91 53.53%
  • No

39 22.94%
  • Not worth it

40 23.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    not interested in wpvp. so no and it will stay that way.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I think that only the Alliance players that had warmode turned on before the buff should be the ones getting 30%. We had to weather the storm for months, we deserve it more than those who decided it was suddenly worth it. They should have had to earn the 30% buff by keeping war mode on for however long 8.0 - 8.1 was.

It's way more alliance now, we can actually fight horde. And no horde gets away when you need 25 kills for that sweet weekly 370 reward >D
    And it's even more fun to see horde tears everywhere on forums. They still outnumbers us, but way less. Suddenly horde realized they played Eddy from tekken, and lost all their skills over night.
    First the massive outcry when Sylvanas does something badass, now this. They truly are weaklings, the playerbase that is.

5+ Year Old Account
    i never turned it off because luckily i am a rogue.

but yes, i enabled it for leveling alts faster.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    And it's even more fun to see horde tears everywhere on forums. They still outnumbers us, but way less. Suddenly horde realized they played Eddy from tekken, and lost all their skills over night.
    You do realize that even while Horde outnumbers the Alliance that have WM turned on, the shards with Alliance in it are rather close to 50/50.

If Alliance were spread evenly over all the shards, just like Horde is then the WM buff and quest would be understandable. Now Alliance just gets extra for being even.

Yeah, for leveling. Turn it off at max level.

Edit: And if I'm on a stealth class, sure, sometimes I'll turn it on at max level if I feel like a bit more of an adventure out in the world. But that's 2% of the time.

Deleted
    I haven't disabled it since pre patch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    I think that only the Alliance players that had warmode turned on before the buff should be the ones getting 30%. We had to weather the storm for months, we deserve it more than those who decided it was suddenly worth it. They should have had to earn the 30% buff by keeping war mode on for however long 8.0 - 8.1 was.
    You know that the sole reason why the Alliance buff got the 30% is because of people turning it off on mass. If anything, people who had it on the whole time shouldn't get anything

I had it on before as well. Only for the extra rewards, though, which I don't think should be there in the first place. WM should be for people who actually want WPvP for WPvP's sake, and thus shouldn't need an extra incentive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    You do realize that even while Horde outnumbers the Alliance that have WM turned on, the shards with Alliance in it are rather close to 50/50.

If Alliance were spread evenly over all the shards, just like Horde is then the WM buff and quest would be understandable. Now Alliance just gets extra for being even.
    Horde isn't spread evenly either. WM is a clusterfuck of poorly balanced shards, and the Alliance experience is hardly any better than it was before, there's still just as many Horde ganking squads camping the spots where you spawn into the Zandalar zones, flightpoints etc. It's just that now there's also Alliance groups/raids doing it to the Horde, thanks to the weekly quest.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-01-04 at 11:07 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

God, no. It's the best feature added in WoW since flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    You know that the sole reason why the Alliance buff got the 30% is because of people turning it off on mass.
    Thing is, it seems Alliance need an incentive to even think about "world pvp", Horde doesn't need any, they get pleasure from ganking alone. That's a mentality difference that cannot be fixed.

I tried to level an alt in warmode for extra XP, I'm questing, I see max lvl Horde herbing, I move on and don't provoke him, next camp, he comes after me and starts attacking, for no other reason he's 120 and I'm 117. So I stun him and start legging it, it's a fight I can't win. He trinkets it, and keeps chasing me, trying to slow me, I'm a shaman with the ghost wolf pvp talent, he's a vengeance dh with speed ups and razor spikes, but no stun it seems. He chases me half the fucking zone until I reach the Alliance town with guards that engage on him, then he finally gives up.

I'm not sure if I wanna try warmode levelling again unless I have a class with stealth or good escapes, this is ridiculous. A guy is gonna waste 10 mins of his & my life, I can understand my time because he WANTS to grief and inconvenience others, but also his time because he wants to chase a lowbie across a zone. Absolutely pathetic.

Another example, I was doing Vol'dun outpost and you're phased until you plant the flag, the moment I did so and phased there were 3 Horde assassins camping inside the base on the very spot you turn in the flag and appear, ofc they insta killed me, and I couldn't have seen them and avoid them, because of phasing. They probably know this is a spot lowbies "phase in" and just camp them.

The moment I ding 120 I insta remove warmode since while levelling you can at least try picking less popular, remote areas, but when doing world quests you want that specific one for a reward, and if it's camped, it can take infinitely longer to complete, if at all, and not just "30%" longer. The bonus isn't worth it, because some objectives are literally uncompleteable unless you join a group, and Blizzard nuked the ability to normally form a group, you need to get addons and type numbers, and there's very few alliance warmode groups in the first place. Especially Magni and Tortollan emissary quests are camped, so if that's the emissary of the day, better warmode off unless you have a group.

Kept it on the whole time. Warmode makes the game so much more interesting. Sure you get ganked some times, which is a pain, but it makes up for it having a world that really feels alive and dangerous.

Only time I've switched it off was the MOP Timewalking event. There was a raid of Horde sat camping by the TW quest giver and vendor all day on the timewalking isle- Blizzard probably should have thought that one through better.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I've only turned it on once since this expansion began, and that was by accident.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early experience levelling in Tiragarde as Alliance near Freehold involved being ganked at 111 by a 120 Horde and my own experience playing Horde told me it wasn't worth it. In 8.1 I have it active on Alts to level with but I'm still not convinced enough to do it at 120. I did managed to a Zuldazar invasion as Alliance without being attacked somehow at 116 but when I'm playing my Horde I feel at invasion points there's usually more Horde overall. I do think the numbers are closer and I could quite easily see that the ratio is nowhere near as insane but I'm not convinced WM is worth having active all the time.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I have to ask, why?

I don't use WM, but I cannot see any reason to have 4 options, unless you specifically just want to alter the skill ratio.
    I think he meant for the poll in this thread.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

What's 8.1?

I am a horde player...
    I turned on Warmode the day it became available and haven't turned it off since. I run it on every character I play. I also must add that I am not much of a PVPer but it has actually made PVP fun for me. Warmode makes the world alive. It makes it more dangerous and fun. You never know what you might run into. The "winning" side is always a back and forth game of who outnumbers who, but in my opinion it is very engaging either way. This also creates more communication between the players... either calling out for help, or just warning others of the location of a spotted enemy. I am not a fan of the 30% increase because I do not see it changing anything. I also do not like the addition of being able to turn it off in any safe area now. Yet this hasn't made me enjoy Warmode any less.

Edit - I must add that I 100% hate "sharding".... I understand that Warmode and non-Warmode are seperated but "sharding" in general is the worst thing they ever did, in my opinion. I don't mind cross-server but I hardly ever see anyone from my own server on my shard now.
    Last edited by Falynn1; 2019-01-04 at 06:10 PM.

I've seen quite a few more at max level have it turned on, but just cruising around zones at lower levels I don't see hardly, which is odd because +30% xp is huge. But the biggest problem right now with WM is blizz servers can't handle anything bigger than 10 v 10.

i.imgur.com/nNhd8x9.jpg

This is really fun and enjoyable gameplay.

Deleted
    Haven't had it turned off ever since release of BFA. I rarely ran into situations where I had to abandon a quest for some time and come back later.

I'm alliance, I play solo and I leveld 6 different classes to 120, one of them in 8.1. More often than not I'm the one being aggressive.

Warmode is fun for me and rarely, if ever, frustrating. I absolutely couldn't stand the thought that other players are running around in "god mode" vs my aggression. In some way it is also a form of "legal cheating".

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    You should have four options:

1: I am a PvP'er, and I turn on Warmode
    2: I am not a PvP'er, and I turn on Warmode.
    3: I am a PvP'er, but I do not turn on warmode
    4: I am not a PvPer's, I also do not turn on warmode.
    This would not work. First thought as PvP player: lets check the option "I'm a PvE player, I turn on WM" and slaughter the lambs. It's also a very unfair proposal as it's intention is to let the PvE players have the bonus without the PvP drawbacks, as PvE players wouldn't behave aggressive even on a PvP setting.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2019-01-04 at 11:13 PM.