Thread: Wand autocast

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wand autocast

It's not vanilla anymore nobody uses auto attacks, just make the stupid wands melee weapons LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.if an int staff is a melee weapon why cant a wand be one? I want to tmog the ugliest, least flashy weapon in the game already...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    It's not vanilla anymore nobody uses auto attacks, just make the stupid wands melee weapons LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.if an int staff is a melee weapon why cant a wand be one? I want to tmog the ugliest, least flashy weapon in the game already...
    w....wands are ranged weapons though... who the fuck uses a wand to smack things... it is like asking for bows to be used as melee
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    w....wands are ranged weapons though... who the fuck uses a wand to smack things... it is like asking for bows to be used as melee
    And what mage is using a staff to smack people?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The mages of warcraft never were the brightest bunch.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/cb...03ea87b845.gif
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

No, wands are 1h staves. Staff is a big stick, wand is a small stick.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well good thing that's not warcraft cause Gandalf would be running back to his corpse now to rez

Bro half u scene Slyvanis?

7+ Year Old Account
    a staff is a melee weapon enchanted with magic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, wands are 1h staves. Staff is a big stick, wand is a small stick.
    you cannot downscale something and still say it is the same item.
    a tiny twig is not a melee weapon, it will break on a single hit.
    while a staff is a strong weapon.

its like saying "a 2 by four is building material, that means a piece of paper is a building material too!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone uses auto-attack, you can't really not use it. It is filler between your abilities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Everyone uses auto-attack, you can't really not use it. It is filler between your abilities.
    You what? Have you played any caster since like Wrath?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

its like saying "a 2 by four is building material, that means a piece of paper is a building material too!"
    Right, so you're just being selective with where "it's magic" is a valid explanation and where it isn't. A twig shooting magic bolts is fine, but a twig being used to stab somebody in the eye isn't. Not that all wands are twigs, pretty sure there's a ton that are metal/crystal as well.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-12-28 at 08:13 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying for casters who aren't used to having a ranged auto attack anymore so they pull stuff by accident. Also funny though. It feels like too minor of a problem for Blizz to address at the moment.

Yea idk about you but I haven't gotten in melee range with a staff intentionally so I can auto attack for 1 damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    It's annoying for casters who aren't used to having a ranged auto attack anymore so they pull stuff by accident. Also funny though. It feels like too minor of a problem for Blizz to address at the moment.
    They have made so many small changes nobody has asked for,needed,or wanted. I'm sure it wouldnt take very long to just give it mace auto attacks. And make them transmoggable

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And a wand is a stick enhanced with magic... it makes no difference. Nothing in warcraft has any rules of physics it has to follow , it's a game, all the devs have to do is give it mace auto attack animations and make it tmoggable.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so you're just being selective with where "it's magic" is a valid explanation and where it isn't. A twig shooting magic bolts is fine, but a twig being used to stab somebody in the eye isn't. Not that all wands are twigs, pretty sure there's a ton that are metal/crystal as well.
    a twig doesn't really do alot to an eye actually, very specific situations really, but again, there is a big difference between a staff and a wand.

a twig doesn't really do alot to an eye actually, very specific situations really, but again, there is a big difference between a staff and a wand.
    Yeah, one is big and the other is small. Staves can be used to smack people with, and wands apparently have no use at all, because magic isn't real. Because if magic was real, you could absolutely use a wand to stab people with, because it could be enchanted with magic.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't talking caster, I was talking auto-attack. Though, if I should add in from a caster view, then no thanks still. As a roleplayer, we use wand-autocast.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea idk about you but I haven't gotten in melee range with a staff intentionally so I can auto attack for 1 damage.
    I wasn't talking caster directly, I was talking auto-attack. Though, if I should add in from a caster view, then no thanks still. As a roleplayer, we use wand-autocast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wasn't talking caster, I was talking auto-attack. Though, if I should add in from a caster view, then no thanks still. As a roleplayer, we use wand-autocast.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't talking caster directly, I was talking auto-attack. Though, if I should add in from a caster view, then no thanks still. As a roleplayer, we use wand-autocast.
    Well there you go, you're a role player, your opinion means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

So you didn't read what he wrote, because he was specifically talking about wand/caster autoattacks. And it's not like they'd have to remove the ranged thing, it could just be a separate button, and the default wand autoattack would be melee. It's just like Shadowform being an ability, it has no use outside of roleplay, and for roleplay you could just have a glyph instead without impacting people actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-12-28 at 08:29 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    why are you right clicking then. It's not a problem, it's just stupid players

7+ Year Old Account
    Wands purposes were meant for players to use if they were out of mana and or whatever resource they may have used in which most cases it was mages priests and warlocks
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396