Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    1-2 mil.... 4mil is WAYY too damn high wtf... and with bfa? ... the drugs... may i have them?
    You may not, you already had enough.

What people fail to realize, with all the negativity going around, is that there are still people who like WoW, even now, with BfA being what it is. They may not be raiding players, they may not be hardcore players, they may be players that play 2 hours a week, and never even heard of mmo-champion or r/wow, but they are still there, and from what I see in-game, I'd say there are quite a lot of them.

With that in mind, guessing sub numbers, at least for me...is rather difficult, and frankly pointless. So long as there are enough people to play with, I'm good.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Sinking money into a failing product isn't a very good financial decision, especially when 50% of your stock value went missing in 1.5 months.

What are you talking about? The original WoW was aimed at me-me-me-now-now-now gamers and it worked amazingly. Every other MMO on the market at the time was investment-based at a snail's pace compared to WoW.
    I don't think wow is a failing product, some current decisions perhaps, but wow is big in the heart of a lot of players, they would pay to play until they die. if we seek attention for wow, I think the team needs to be smaller, do quality instead of quantity. I dont think more profitable means better game. if they try to make the game more profitable than now even, chances are it will result in a game qualified as worse by a lot of passionate players. but I think they have a decent balance. it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Active subs? Maybe 2-3M.

Active players? Maybe 1-2M.

But since MAU is the only metric that matters it doesn't matter how many people are actually playing your game as long as there are enough at least paying for it.
    Isn't MAUs active players, and subs is people paying for it?

I love how WoW players are such financial masterminds when it comes to discussing subscribers and profits for the company. I hope I can check all of your
    in-game bags and see huge profits from all of your AH investments as well.
    I think an important idea is that WoW as we know it will never die, even if Blizzard/Activision ever decide to put an end to their development of it. The community for this game is so strong that it would either live on from some other smaller development team or, at the very least, in a static private server state to be continually enjoyed by nostalgia sufferers indefinitely.

I think it's at a 2/10, most of them are downright stupid.

As for the actual playerbase count, I'm gonna go with the leak. Leak from WeakAuras said 1.7M and WoWCensus has pop at 1.5M, these numbers are extremely close together which is why I believe it.

A further reason why I believe it to be 1.7M is because of how Blizzard acted on the day it "leaked". The forums mysteriously went down, and when they came back up after nearly THREE HOURS, Blizzard didn't say a word. I'm gonna quote someone on the forums "All Blizzard has to do is tell us the actual number of subs to prove the leak wrong" Hint: they never did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Subs don't exist as official metric - no one outside Blizzard knows how many people subscribe to WoW.
    Pretty much this. I'm really not sure what the point of this thread is?
    Here is something to believe in!

It wasn't a leak from WeakAuras. It was a post from (a forum that can't be linked here) that someone posted to WeakAura dudes twitter feed, which he then tweeted "for lulz" I guess. And backpedaled on couple of hours later. The original source was deleted before he tweeted it.

So it's the classic "someone said in this forum that their best friends brothers cousin is Blizzard GM and totally said they have 1.7M subs"

Not to say you're not allowed to believe in it. Believe what you want Just wanted to correct the source of the leak.
    Oh alright. Well, it makes sense to me because of the census totals and the "leak" totals. They're VERY close together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I disagree with MMO's just being a fad. I know they are not as popular as before and genres like Battle Royale are booming, but I think if Bli$$ard carried on making quality content in WoW then it would still be a popular game.

I'm not saying it would stay at the 12 million peak forever because that's just nonsense, but the sub numbers would be a hell of a lot higher if the content was as good as it was in say Wrath for instance. They shot themselves in the foot, and whilst the game's age and the genre and all that is a factor, I think Blizzard themselves were the biggest factor and they done fucked up son.
    MMO popularity was never about the games or any one particular MMO, people look at it the wrong way because we thats left are the die hard mmo fans and we look at that sort of thing. but look at the next most popular mmos there all old ones and its not because there great games. runescape is basic as fuck and its 2nd most popular. and thats because MMO's really are just social media befor socal media took off. its the community and communication people were drawn to, not the game.

Yeah, while neither is very reliable, I don't personally think they're very far off. As a "ballpark" figure, I'd probably go with "2M-ish"
    Yeah that sounds pretty good to me too!

Below 2mil, with 1mil or so being bots and the rest being people caught in psychological trap by blizzard. I quit almost 2 months ago and wowprogress still has me in top 15k (EU-EN) players AP wise at 30 which pretty much shows barely anyone plays the game.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2018-12-28 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon27 View Post
    I think a better question is: "Why do we care about how many subs WoW has?". Maybe it's just me but x million/hundred thousand/thousand subs means absolutely nothing to me.
    WoW is an MMO. The enjoyment that the game provides is strictly related to how many people play. True, a lot of people play with buddies, but I bet a lot of people also rely on pugs to get things done (like I did). Like a guy pointed in the first page, he cannot run 40v40 bgs at night anymore; do you really think this doesn't affect him, if he mentioned it?
    I have been playing WoW for 11 years now, and knowing that the population is likely dwindling makes me not feel like playing. Also the product is bad, which is why people leave.

TL;DR: It's an MMO, you have to team up with people, and you need people to team up with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    It was 1.7 based of the data wow leaked out to the add on api but that was back in October and was only active sub numbers.
    Quoting this to hopefully remove false information. Leak was proven 100% false with no credibility whatsoever.

My guess is probably around 2.5-3 million atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    3-6mil, depending on the month of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Below 2mil, with 1mil or so being bots and the rest being people caught in psychological trap by blizzard. I quit almost 2 months ago and wowprogress still has me in top 15k (EU-EN) players AP wise at 30 which pretty much shows barely anyone plays the game.
    Did you forget your tinfoil hat this morning?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Name a one, just ONE MMO other than wow that has over 250,000 active players. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    With 1 million bots?
    Do you have any source or just hating on Blizzard because you don't like the state of the game at the moment?

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Name a one, just ONE MMO other than wow that has over 250,000 active players. I dare you.
    is this unprompted damage control?

I would guess 2-3M.

It's the worst launch they've had in a long time & 8.1 didn't fix any of the issues. A lot of my friends have quit months ago and they're usually the ones who only ever stop playing WoW for a week or so when a big game is released then right back to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    is this unprompted damage control?
    No. It's just a fact. We judge WoW based on its past success. But the second most popular subscription-based MMO is FFXIV. And they don't have 1/10th of the numbers of WoW currently. Even if wow is at 1 mil, which I think is super low considering those sold 3.5-4 million copies of BFA before the offical release? It is still the BIGGEST sub mmo out there. Bar none.

Wrath type numbers will probably never happen again for an MMO. The same thing we're seeing with Fortnite, and the Batter Royal type games. It will subside, because EVERYONE will copy what they did, as they have. Then die out little by little. Fortnite will probably still be the most popular, but its playerbase will dwindle. Then people will claim its dead because it has 5 million players instead of 40 million players. It is a stupid cycle.

Also, you didn't name a game that is even remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Why does people on forums care about this ? [emoji14] big mystery

no idea but I like the idea of empty servers, would mean more connected realms, better ah, and loving the feel to explore a zone with no one in it
    You like empty servers? That is one step from game to die. How gonna you play then.

People care becouse they love this game.

I myself am not gamer like you all. For last 15 years I only played Warcraft 3 and WoW. WoW dying means I dont play anything else and I dont like that idea.

Poslano sa mog SM-A510F koristeći Tapatalk