Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    No, they're not the same thing. Gender is partly an outcome of sex, but can be manipulated into something else by culture. Unless you think that LGBT individuals are entirely outcomes of nature despite substantial scientific evidence to the contrary?
    what LGBT individuals? men that like men? women that like women? thats fine.. its not even about biology

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, i can get telling the kids that are trans "you'll still get your period when you come of age for it, so be prepared for that". they do need to learn about their biology, because men and women have it slightly differently there, and it could be dangerous if a trans kid grows up thinking that just because they transitioned, they don't have to take considerations about biology related things.

but there's no such thing as non-binary, and that lie shouldn't be accepted.
    In regards to non-binary - I disagree, in some ways. Though it depends on how you define the borders of the binary. People can feel masculine in some situations and feminine in others. Would this qualify as non-binary? I think, maybe.

Sex refers to male and female, boy and girl, man and woman. Gender refers to masculine and feminine.

Anyone who says that gender identity makes them a man or woman is a liar. And progressives are getting it put into law. We had a man sue a college women's football team for wanting to protect their female players from males, but since he identified as a female (he's not) he won $40,000. That is the insanity the left is shoving onto the rest of us.

School children will be taught that "all genders" can have periods
    Ok but no: there are only two genders: male and female, only female can have periods, period. If a male has period, then he is bleeding to the death.

The new advice follows a council report which said: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding that "menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".
    Trans boys: mental ill girls who are biological girls, they can have periods because they are females.
    Non-binary people: what is that? This doesn't exist, you are either a male or a female, "non-binary" is bullshit, that doesn't exist.
    Men: men don't have periods, because they are men, mens don't have periods.

Menstruation must be inclusive of all genders: well, menstruation has not to be inclusive, it is a biological process who is only affecting women, biology does not have to be inclusive, biology is biology and does not care about your feelings.

Bins used for menstruation products will be provided in all toilets for children, according to the report.
    For what purpose exactly? It is in case of girls going to boys toilet to change their whatever they use?

It also calls for transgender students and pupils to be provided with additional support from a school nurse if needed.
    I don't know for you, but in my schools/college/high school/whatever, the nurses did not have the skills to handle mentally ill people, maybe they received additional formation since then.

The report recommends that "language and learning about periods is inclusive of all genders, cultures, faiths and sexual orientations. For example; ‘girls and women and others who have periods'".
    I wonder what will happen when boys will hurt themselves and start to bleed, and they will think it is perfectly normal because "boys have periods, right?"

Brighton & Hove City Council said in a statement: "By encouraging effective education on menstruation and puberty, we hope to reduce stigma and ensure no child or young person feels shame in asking for period products inside or outside of school if they need them.
    I don't see where is the effectiveness of education on menstruation if you teach children that boys have periods too, for me, that sounds more like the contrary of education; in fact, this is probably more akin to what they teach about god and the creation of earth in some schools in the south.
    However i agree on the fact girls should not feel ashamed to ask for period products when they are in school.

"We believe that it’s important for all genders to be able to learn and talk about menstruation together… Our approach recognises the fact that some people who have periods are trans or non-binary."
    Yes and no. It is important (well no, it is not so important for men but whatever) to be able to learn and talk about menstruation, but frankly, that should not even be a thing: like i said in a earlier post: i learned everything i needed to know about the menstruation at school and with my family, i mean, it is already taugh in any school who call itself a school.
    And no, because once more: trans folks who have periods are girls, and non-binary who have periods are also girls; no matter how hard they try to distord the truth, because no matter if you are mentally ill or not, you are still a girl, and you have periods, period.

It asks teachers to be respectful and inclusive of children who are questioning their gender, and tells them that purposefully not referring to children by their preferred pronoun or name can constitute harassment.
    Well no, not using the "prefered pronoun or name" is not harassment, it is refusing to accept lunacy and delusions, you are OR a man, OR a woman, you can't be anything else, so you will be called HE or SHE (or whatever the language your are using is).

The toolkit also recommends schools adopt a non-gendered uniform so all children feel included, and to reduce bullying.
    But, it will pose a great issue: are we using the male or the female model?

Tory MP David Davies told The Mail on Sunday that it was "insanity" for teachers to tell pupils that transgender boys can have periods.
    Well, that's not insanity, because transgender boys are in fact girls who are mentally ill, that mental illness does not make them anything else than girls who can have periods; what is insane however, is to have an increasing number of trans kids, this is what is insane and what should be stopped right now, notably by taking those kids away from their irresponsible parents who should be prosecuted for child abuse.

He said: "Learning about periods is already a difficult subject for children that age, so to throw in the idea girls who believe they are boys also have periods will leave them completely confused."
    That's true: the risk is those mentally ill girls thinking they are boys, when they will have their periods, will think they are still boys, because "boys have periods too, right?"

However, leading doctors have previously recommended that primary school children are taught about LGBT issues.
    No, school children should not be taught about an ultra-minority of people who seem to define themselves only by their sexual orientation; if a kid see homosexual people in the street, then it is the parent role to explain to their kid than in the world, there are people who love people of the same sex, that they are rare, and that it doesn't change anything about who they are, it's just a detail, nothing more.
    And we also should stop using the LGBT acronym, because the T stands for a mental illness, who has absolutly nothing to do with the LGB who stand for a sexual orientation; unless the LGB community itself is trying to say that being homosexual is a mental illness, and in that case, they really don't do a favor to homosexual people.

Draft Government recommendations say schools are free to determine how they address lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues, ensuring teaching is “sensitive and age-appropriate”.
    And what "issues" exactly? LGB people don't encounter particular issues in the modern world. However, there is indeed an issue with transgender people, because we are currently in a time where that mental illness has become widespread accepted as a "normal" thing, which is not, and should not, ever be accepted; so kids should know that no, you can't be born in the wrong body, no, your brain is not female in a male body or male in a female body, this is biologicaly impossible; kids should know that you can't change your sex, no matter how hard you try, you will only end up being a freak cross-dresser (search Dennis Riley on google to have one example of that crazyness); kids should learn those people should not be attacked nor discriminated against, but in fact they should be helped to realise they are mentally ill and that they need mental care.

The Royal College said: “There needs to be a clear statement that LGBT people and relationships are part of teaching about healthy relationships in primary school. This can be demonstrated in relation to families - but also it is helpful to children to learn the meaning of terms such as lesbian, gay and bisexual”.
    Well, they are not, homosexual people are a very tiny fraction of the general population, and that very tiny fraction of the general population tend to not displaying it's sexual orientation, because it is a personal and private thing; you don't need to teach homosexuality to kids before puberty hits, before that, it will only end up confusing them; of course, this argument is to be tossed aside if the kid encounter homosexual people before hitting puberty, in that case, if he as questions, it's the parents role to answer them.

In conclusion: yes, teaching what are the menstruation to boys is important, but flash news: it is already the case in every correct school since more than 20 years, so this is a non-issue.

Teaching that everyone has periods is fucking lunacy and should not be tolerated anywhere, in the same fashion as civilized people don't tolerate the teaching of the creationism bullshit to kids.
    Last edited by Uncle; 2018-12-28 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    You are comparing something that is recognized by psychology and sociology to exist with decades of research behind it to creationism. I'm really confused how the two connect.
    I didn't deny it exists - I'm saying it's a belief. Someone who has one physiological sex believes they actually have another. I don't think it's wrong, or shouldn't be supported - I'm simply pointing out that if we're going to ignore facts for one belief system we shouldn't have a problem ignoring them for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

In regards to non-binary - I disagree, in some ways. Though it depends on how you define the borders of the binary. People can feel masculine in some situations and feminine in others. Would this qualify as non-binary? I think, maybe.
    feeling "masculine" or "feminine" about stuff doesnt change the fact that you are a man or a woman..

you can feel whatever the fuck you want, its not going to change biology though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    what LGBT individuals? men that like men? women that like women? thats fine.. its not even about biology
    The T in LGBT is trans. And everything in this thread is about biology in some way.

There's a BIG difference between "boys can have periods" and "trans boys/men and non-binaries can have periods". The article is very clear about it from the start. The thread title is not.

It's a good thing to explain to people the difference between biological circumstances and gender identity, and how they interact. It's not a good thing to deal with it using blanket statements like "boys can have periods".

Can we PLEASE stop being so damn facile and general about everything. How on earth do we get a debate about diversity, and try and deal with it by making generalizing statements?

10+ Year Old Account
    feeling "masculine" or "feminine" about stuff doesnt change the fact that you are a man or a woman..

you can feel whatever the fuck you want, its not going to change biology though
    I didn't say it changed your biological sex. But it can be important for your sexual identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Why? It's just blood. Not saying you have to have a fetish about it or want to go down on a menstruating female, but I have never understood this neanderthalic notion that having sex when a woman is on her period is some horrific act.

What really kills me about that statement, is that I have had multiple male friends that, like you, refuse to have sex with a female when she's on her period because "blood is gross", yet none of them would hesitate to stick their dick in her butthole, and some would even be willing to lick her asshole.

This may not be you, and whatever if it isn't, but some male logic as to what is and isn't acceptable is idiotic at best.
    Yeah no The ass is a one way street, I have no interest in licking or having Anal sex. Just as I want no part in Sex during menstruation.

10+ Year Old Account
    That does not change the fact that some of those traits are still, in part, biologically grounded.

The T in LGBT is trans. And everything in this thread is about biology in some way.
    well im only talking about gay people

people that were born a male(with a penis) will always be male, same for females

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's a BIG difference between "boys can have periods" and "trans boys/men and non-binaries can have periods". The article is very clear about it from the start. The thread title is not.

It's a good thing to explain to people the difference between biological circumstances and gender identity, and how they interact. It's not a good thing to deal with it using blanket statements like "boys can have periods".

Can we PLEASE stop being so damn facile and general about everything. How on earth do we get a debate about diversity, and try and deal with it by making generalizing statements?
    This. I find it pretty sad that people are freaking out over transgender people like this. Like... yeah, they exist. Their biological sex doesn't match their social gender. Get the fuck over it and stop making such a big deal out of it. Have the reason these people think it's being shoved down their throats is because they throw such a big hissy-fit over it. If they just shrugged and moved on, it wouldn't nearly be as much of an 'issue' as they think it is.

I didn't say it changed your biological sex. But it can be important for your sexual identity.
    whats important here is that you feel too masculine as a man you should probably seek help

sex and gender are the same thing, lol
    No, they're not the same thing. Sex is your biological makeup. Gender is your performance of social rituals regarding your biological makeup. Throughout all of time, sex has remained the same. Gender has changed and continues to change across cultures and across time because it's based in society not in any science.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This. I find it pretty sad that people are freaking out over transgender people like this. Like... yeah, they exist. Their biological sex doesn't match their social gender. Get the fuck over it and stop making such a big deal out of it. Have the reason these people think it's being shoved down their throats is because they throw such a big hissy-fit over it. If they just shrugged and moved on, it wouldn't nearly be as much of an 'issue' as they think it is.
    you dont understand that normalizing it doesnt help transgender people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Even outside of the trans issue, dudes learning about periods is probably good. The number of dudes in their 20s-30s who think strange shit about periods is too damn high.

Now within the trans issue, who cares? I don't get what I should be outraged about tbqh.
    Definitely agree with this part, I had to teach a coworker what a period even is a couple months back because he's somehow 21 with straight up no idea what a period was or why it happened. I don't know how you can be so lacking in curiosity to not look it up yourself when they don't teach you at school, but I don't get why he didn't learn it in school in the first place with the rest of the sex education information.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    No, they're not the same thing. Sex is your biological makeup. Gender is your performance of social rituals regarding your biological makeup. Throughout all of time, sex has remained the same. Gender has changed and continues to change across cultures and across time because it's based in society not in any science.
    again i already said that if your brain rejects your body then there is something fucking really wrong with your brain and instead of normalizing this shit you should seek help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

The thread title is misleading, yeah. But the content of the article is still debatable. Kids should not be taught that 'trans boys can have periods'. Kids should be taught that 'individuals with vaginas will have periods'. This should not be a trans rights issue. There is no reason to make it a trans rights issue, and it seems to me like the people behind this move are just trying to make themselves seem valuable to society by forcing a meaningless change/regulation onto a system that needs to be fixed in about a dozen other ways before we even get to considering the phrase 'can boys have periods?'.

i think it's just being humans, and that even though some things are more attractive to the opposite gender(more feminine or masculine things), that neither gender is locked into one type of thing.

making up some non-existent third gender for it is retarded. it unironically reinforces gender roles.