Movie advice : Mary Poppins or Fantastic beasts ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Movie advice : Mary Poppins or Fantastic beasts ?

10+ Year Old Account

Hey you're back to your original name.

Deleted
    Yes, As is not a bad name actually. What did you have before that?

Are Fantastic Beasts out in good quality for download?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post

That's not helping. T-T
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Watch anime instead.

Of course it's helping, watch both.
    @Joyful Eugene Fitzherbert I think.

I've been wanting to play games at 4K for a while now, while my PC has a GTX 670 and a 1920 x 1080 monitor. The TV was replaced with a 4K Roku a few weeks ago, so I decided to try streaming games from my PC to the TV, which are in separate rooms. It was difficult because there are no Steam or Nvidia apps for the Roku TV, so I tried streaming from my PC over the router to an old laptop, which was connected by HDMI to the TV. I tried Steam Link to stream Trails of Cold Steel (1 and 2) as it had relatively low system requirements, and the end result was unsatisfactory. On the laptop's end, the laptop was simply too old for it really be of much use. It took hours to update the drivers, install steam, install nvidia geforce, and once all that was done, it had to be turned off for a while to let it cool off. The laptop even crashed way back when I used it just to browse the web. Even though I was getting incredible performance on my PC, I was getting 10-15 FPS on the laptop. I even used the Steam Link to stream the game to my phone, and it runs at 60 FPS! However, I noticed the key problem that would ultimately make me give up on the idea of streaming from PC to the TV altogether: loss of image quality and input lag. Comparing the image on my monitor to image on the laptop and the TV, there was clear quality loss. The laptop image looked grainy like a compressed Youtube video, and the image on the TV looked like a different resolution altogether. There was also a slight but noticeable delay when I input controls on the laptop, as well as the same image loss as before. Dissatisfied, I tried Nvidia Gamestream, which had the advantage of being able to play non-Steam games like Overwatch (but I don't know why'd you try play a fast paced competitive shooter with input lag and a controller), but when I tried to load up Trails of Cold Steel (1 and 2), the game froze on startup, leaving only a white screen. Just to make sure it wasn't the laptop, I Steam Linked and Nvidia streamed from my PC to another PC on the same network. The games that I played ran at 60 FPS, but still had the same image quality loss and input lag as before. On Gamestream, Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 did not start up and froze at a white screen. I found no solution online, and this led me to fear that there might be other games that wouldn't work with Gamestream either.

Giving up on the laptop, I looked into the Steam Link and Nvidia Shield boxes, but it seems that Steam Link was discontinued. I ordered Nvidia Shield and set it up. I will say that it has a lot of utility; you can apparently talk to it like Alexa (even hook it up to Alexa) and download Android apps like Crunchyroll, VRV, and FUNimation (but I already have VRV - and therefore Crunchyroll - on my Roku TV anyways). It also allows you to pin favorite apps and games to the front page. That said, when I tried a performance test, I ran into the same problem I did with Gamestreaming from the PC to the laptop: it just can't run Trails of Cold Steel (1 or 2). Only thing that shows is a white screen. Furthermore, it had the exact same image quality loss and input lag as when I streamed from one PC to another PC. It was just like when I streamed from my PC to the other PC.

There was one final hope: GeForce Now. Apparently, it's Nvidia's online game streaming service, where if you own a game on Steam, Nvidia will stream the game to you. Currently there's a waiting list to get in, but if you own a Nvidia Shield, you are already in. On top of all the problems I had before (Good Lord, the input lag!) Geforce Now introduced two new problems: you can only stream supported games. No mods. Your literally only streaming the official game from their servers and nothing else. Do you like playing the Perisno mod for Mount & Blade? Can't do that with GeForce now. Want to play Trails of Cold Steel with the combat rework mods? Can't do that with GeForce now. Want to play an unsupported game, like Trails in the Sky? Can't do that. It's in beta, but I dislike their setup on a fundamental level, and I doubt it'll change. Ofcourse they're not going to let people install potentially harmful mods and games on their servers.

At this point, I was done with the whole streaming nonsense. I wasn't about to start drilling holes in the walls and go looking around for a twenty foot long HDMI cable to hookup to the TV. It also occured to me - at that moment - that I had forgotten that not only were I having all of these technical difficulties, but I hadn't actually managed to Stream a game in 4K to my TV yet (dummie me, trying to render a game in 4K on a GTX 670), not even through Shield. Feeling rather stupid, I bit the bullet and returned the Shield. Just going to upgrade my monitor and graphics card. Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

Watch anime instead.
    Any favorite shows this year?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-29 at 03:38 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tough question. I had to go look at my MAL to figure out what aired this year. Pretty disappointing year, to be honest. I'd have to lean Boku no Hero Academia S3, with Steins;Gate 0 as my number two. Boku no Hero Academia had some boring lulls, but it also had some great highs - although I think I prefer the second season the most overall (Todoroki vs. Deku being what I consider to be a perfect episode, and even Bakugo vs. Uraraka was fantastic, and we've got Stain, and...). In regards to Steins;Gate 0... the original, Steins;Gate, is my favorite piece of media of all time. It's fantastic, has some of the best characters I've ever encountered, had a brilliant plot, etc. I could go on and on. Steins;Gate 0 had some great moments, but just... didn't live up to my impossible standards. Don't get me wrong, I had fun with it, and I'd still recommend watching it if you liked the first. But part of the fun I had with Steins;Gate was Okabe interacting with Kurisu, and because of the plot developments, that just doesn't really happen - at least, not like in the original.

Oh, and 2018 produced Violet Evergarden, a show that insulted my intelligence and earned a tie of the lowest rating I've given a show (3/10). But it looks pretty, so it's got that going for it, I guess.

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

Tough question. I had to go look at my MAL to figure out what aired this year. Pretty disappointing year, to be honest. I'd have to lean Boku no Hero Academia S3, with Steins;Gate 0 as my number two. Boku no Hero Academia had some boring lulls, but it also had some great highs - although I think I prefer the second season the most overall (Todoroki vs. Deku being what I consider to be a perfect episode, and even Bakugo vs. Uraraka was fantastic, and we've got Stain, and...). In regards to Steins;Gate 0... the original, Steins;Gate, is my favorite piece of media of all time. It's fantastic, has some of the best characters I've ever encountered, had a brilliant plot, etc. I could go on and on. Steins;Gate 0 had some great moments, but just... didn't live up to my impossible standards. Don't get me wrong, I had fun with it, and I'd still recommend watching it if you liked the first. But part of the fun I had with Steins;Gate was Okabe interacting with Kurisu, and because of the plot developments, that just doesn't really happen - at least, not like in the original.

Oh, and 2018 produced Violet Evergarden, a show that insulted my intelligence and earned a tie of the lowest rating I've given a show (3/10). But it looks pretty, so it's got that going for it, I guess.

What about you?
    Only noteworthy shows for me this year were MHA S3 and Thunderbolt Fantasy. Red Swan from Attack on Titan was a great OP, but the show itself won't be interesting until next year.

I have to agree with Violet Evergarden; from episode 2 onward (and especially in episode 7) it felt like just another award-bait series. Unearned pathos is the word I'd described such anime series. That said, episode 5 with the princess was very good.

What are you looking forward to for next year?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    A Place Further than the Universe 10/10
    Yuru Camp 9/10
    Fairy Tail (not that far in the final arc, but still consistent with the rest of the show) 9/10
    Yama no Susume season 3
    My Hero Academia season 3
    Mitsuboshi Colors
    Chio's School Road
    How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
    Comic Girls

All 8/10

Bloom into You might make its way to the list by the end.

Huh, I completely forgot about Sora yori mo Tooi Basho. HMM. That would definitely go into the top three - not sure where, though. Yuru Camp number four.

10+ Year Old Account

I don’t know what team I should be on anymore, identity crisis. I think this is right.

Deleted
    Good job Anal!