10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What need dis for?
    Less crappy audio when headphone connected to PC, wireless anyways.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Less crappy audio when headphone connected to PC, wireless anyways.
    I don't use wireless? I'm plugged in via my Schiit setup. =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't use wireless? I'm plugged in via my Schiit setup. =|
    He was just ranting in general, not asking you why "no LDAC bluetooth adapter."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    He was just ranting in general, not asking you why "no LDAC bluetooth adapter."
    Oooohhh. /10char
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, rant rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, AMD decided to unintegrate(?) the northbridge with Zen2. We gone full circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, AMD decided to unintegrate(?) the northbridge with Zen2. We gone full circle.
    Disintegrate =p

Segregate? Separate? Cakinate? Carbonate? Chocolate?

10+ Year Old Account
    It me or is the iPhone the only ones with dual sim dual standby with CDMA? Or hopefully Verizon can stop being dicks and let any LTE compatible phone work for voice and text.

Apparently OP6T works but need to flag that line as CDMA-less and I have yet to try the software before. Sony XZ2 Compact's H8324 version requires a firmware flash but apparently works despite more hassle. Guess I'll just wait for next gen and see if anymore phones pop up. =\
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-11-15 at 07:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Update, I got a car. Now I am looking for a job. The taxes at the end of the year for this property is just way too much for me to pay just working part time.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Life truly is hard when you again get into the phase of "Damn this monitor is so old, I should probably buy another one", then you go look at the options you have and you realise you hate everything...

Almost everything on the market is fucking matte, if I'm spending a lot of money on a damn display I don't want it to be blurrier and grainier.

Almost everything is also TN/IPS, and for fucks sake I also don't want something with blacks that can light up my room during the night.

It's literally impossible to find high DPI monitors at reasonably small sizes, why is it so hard to realise 24" 3840x2160 will look completely fine at 200% DPI scaling. Buying a FHD monitor in 2018 is just sad.

Glossy VAs are literally non-existent, Dell and HP offer a few low-haze IPS panels which should probably look nice than your average matte IPS but even then I'd have to compromise with shitty contrast. The only monitor that's QHD at 24" is matte IPS, most VAs at this size are also fucking curved... Yeah fuck me, I didn't really want to buy anything either.

And even if somehow I magically found a UHD 24" glossy VA monitor I'd still have to deal with most websites displaying upscaled images because they don't realise we aren't in 2010 anymore, fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recent monitor offerings have really been meeeehhhhh.

Hell my laptop has a better display than any of my current bar contrast of my FG2421. 3840x2160 Sharp IGZO 1500:1 with wide gamut, about 90% DCI-P3, 100% Adobe RGB, glossy and its 15in, lol (weird firmware issue though before update where it was stuck at sRGB when changing). I'm assuming 8bit since I can't find info on the display. For giggles I just left it as DCI-P3 and its all nicely over saturated for no reason really.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/show...27&postcount=2

Holy fuck EVGA stop.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-11-27 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, @Artorius
    HEIF is being supported on Snapdragon now. Hopefully will proliferate now, maybe, probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, @Artorius
    HEIF is being supported on Snapdragon now. Hopefully will proliferate now, maybe, probably not.
    Is it going to automatically save photos on a HEIF container instead of JPEG? And if yes, it is going to be HEVC? Perhaps only AVC? Now that I think about it I sincerely don't even know what Apple themselves are doing, but I supposed it's HEVC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Is it going to automatically save photos on a HEIF container instead of JPEG? And if yes, it is going to be HEVC? Perhaps only AVC? Now that I think about it I sincerely don't even know what Apple themselves are doing, but I supposed it's HEVC.
    They've only gave the example of multiple layers being stored and such. Not the file type sadly. They also didn't say if it's forced upon or OEM implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Artorius well it's something new https://www.anandtech.com/show/13751...tor-for-gamers
    Still waiting on CLED.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Artorius well it's something new https://www.anandtech.com/show/13751...tor-for-gamers
    Still waiting on CLED.
    I swear, at some point I'll just buy a tablet display and make a small OLED monitor myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did two weeks of training at this one IT job and then got offered another job that would pay a bit more and would be closer, so I'd, in theory, be making more by not driving as far and going through quite as many tolls. (First place was literally $15/day just to drive round-trip.)

Hoping my background check goes through by this Friday so that I can start the new position on Monday, which is much more direct and broad IT support than the first job, which was more support for a specific, large piece of coin and currency recycling hardware.

Anyways, @Remilia and @Artorius, any opinions on the ASUS PG27UQ? I've known about it for a while but I only just now read the tft article and, begrudgingly, watched Linus' video. Shame not many other YouTubers have videos on it. I'd like to see Gamersnexus get into monitor reviews. Maybe they could get involved directly with tftcentral to do a video side of it. idk. With the new job, I'd like to maybe, just maybe make some upgrades, potentially massive upgrades this year.

Parts that could reasonably be upgraded without much argument of "but why" I think, but feel free to ask why, are: (and obviously you can see the list of parts in my signature)

CPU+RAM+MoBo
    Just RAM
    Headphone DAC + AMP
    Monitor
    Keyboard (old Corsair K70 with many lights that are dead and a dead USB pass-thru)
    Mouse (Steelseries Sensei RAW, could be more ergonomic, I got one of the Anker Wireless vertical $20~ ones, but it is definitely not good for gaming, or working on a large screen resolution, and I kept forgetting to turn it off, so killed the battery quickly)

Been a while everyone, miss you all. <3
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad monitor, but it's just super expensive and you're probably better off getting a TV at that price. I have no real need to get a new monitor so I just wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    *hiss*

I don't want a TV!

Remember that I use the monitor for photo editing.
    "A flower.