Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine being this secure in doing something many will judge him for.

can only admire him tbh.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Why of course I love you PHILIP J FRY, why would you think anything else?
    You stay away from my Liubot.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Role-playing is not a "mental illness".

And if it makes gives him a semblance of happiness, how it affects others is irrelevant.

And what's wrong with that? Lots of people enjoy smoking pot, drinking, etc. As long as they're not hurting anyone else, it's none of anyone else's business.

In the context of the point they were making, they're exactly right.

What you or society thinks is irrelevant. All you have are "moral" arguments which aren't really arguments.

Even without their work habits, you're still left with ~6 million males with no prospects.
    Will he gain societal benefits? Will the government treat this as a "real" marriage? (because it isn't). Yes and it is mental illness, role-playing is one thing, this takes it to the next step.

Wouldn't past it the far left to start legitimising this kind of behaviour and attempting to pass laws to suit the needs of people like this.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2018-12-29 at 02:16 PM.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    That honeymoon will be so cringe.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    He's not bothering anybody, let the dude live his life.
    He's not living any life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Marrying hologram is stupid, real sex doll would be much better wife, you can put a penis inside of her.

This is not a PR stunt.
    Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    It erodes it because it degrades the importance of real relationships and human interaction. Its weakness because it fosters a growing segment of society who is scared to talk to people, it enables fear in human interaction. Social anxiety is a very normal thing that people need to at least try to work through, I've been there. Saying fuck it and it's ok to marry a doll is unacceptable and sends children the wrong message.
    People will still have real relationships, and human interaction, just not romantic ones. The myth that romantic love is the one and only true path to happiness needs to die ASAP, as it's the number one reason for most of the unhappiness in the world. People are told over and over again that's it's the most important thing they should want, and they do. But once they fail to find it, they get sad and/or angry. If we instead taught people they can be just as happy (if not more so) by themselves, we would have much better functioning society.

Marriage, and relationships in general, have always been a losing game/slavery for men. But they were always too brainwashed by both their nature/biology, and society's programming, to notice. Now however, with all the technology we have, which allows men to freely talk about their own experiences, not to mention women being more "open" about their true nature...even all the programming in the world won't be able to keep men blind for much longer.

Just remember...this is what they chose. Men are just adapting to our Brave New World.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Deleted
    Japan is a lost cause, no one is having any kids.
    People there are so socially awkward, it's scary. The Japanese man is basically a man-child that favours underage looking animated girls.

I wonder if the Japanese women are still normal functioning human beings. Anyone got a clue? I wonder if they are simply leaving Japan in large numbers to look for healthy partners.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fear makes crazy happen. Can't help a man in denial of the problem/needing help. Freedom becomes scary if you can't utilize it to collect your thoughts to make your own decisions.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Will he gain societal benefits?
    Marital benefits are usually exclusive to actual people. Not sure how this is relevant, though.

Will the government treat this as a "real" marriage? (because it isn't).
    Why would they and why would you care?

Yes and it is mental illness, role-playing is one thing, this takes it to the next step.
    Unless you've a degree and license, and have evaluated him and can identify his condition, this is conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Ofc this is the hill you will die on
    Shit posts aren't arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I think I've lost count at this point how many times this has happened.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy for them

Just saying, there is over a thousand people that has married Hatsune Mikuu so far, so nothing new....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this guy is within his rights to marry a doll. Whatever.

In the interest of humanity, however, we need to take a hard look at the cultural ideas that lead to these behaviors. Value is created through relationships between two humans. Potential value is lost if those relationships are eschewed in favor of relationships with inanimate objects. While these kinds of decisions might be relatively innocuous, they are far from beneficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marital benefits are usually exclusive to actual people. Not sure how this is relevant, though.

Why would they and why would you care?

Unless you've a degree and license, and have evaluated him and can identify his condition, this is conjecture.

Shit posts aren't arguments.
    1) Well it is very relevant if this type of marriage is inclusive with "benefits". Back to my main point, yes kind of role-playing has been taken to the next level and IS clearly a sign of potential mental stability issues.
    2) Why would I care? Because suddenly we have ridiculous laws/permissions flying around which will affect the society. No I do not care if someone marries a doll, I do care if there are special treatments for this type of "marriage". Just watch, give it 10-20 years and people will demand equality act for their inanimate objects.
    3) If this is a legitimate marriage and not one of those "Vegas" type marriages then yes, this individual is mentally not there. You do not need a degree to come to this conclusion.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2018-12-29 at 05:42 PM.
    -K

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Wait. You are trying to genuinely argue your points?

You might want to change your tactics if you want to debate.
    As opposed to what, your trolling/shitposting? If you've an argument, pose it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

1) Well it is very relevant if this type of marriage is inclusive in benefits.
    How so?

2) Why would I care? Because suddenly we have ridiculous laws/permissions flying around which will affect the society. No I do not care if someone marries a doll, I do care if there are special treatments for this type of "marriage". Just watch, give it 10-20 years and people will demand equality act for their inanimate objects.
    If you can demonstrate a scenario where this would directly affect you, please, go ahead. Otherwise, this is just argumentum ad absurdum.

3) If this is a legitimate marriage and not one of those "Vegas" type marriages then yes, this individual is mentally not there. You do not need a degree to come to this conclusion.
    You don't need a degree to formulate an opinion, as long as you're aware that it's just an opinion.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-12-29 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to what, your trolling/shitposting? If you've an argument, pose it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

How so?

You don't need a degree to formulate an opinion, as long as you're aware that it's just an opinion.
    1) Well surely you can see why that would be an issue, if not, I am not going to bother explaining it (it will save both of our time).
    3) Well yes, It's an observation. If I pretend to have an imaginary friend well into my 20s, would you class that as normal? I am not a psychologist but surely this kind of behaviour is not normal, maybe related to DID? You are pretending that inanimate object has a personality, or a meaning, you converse with the object. Obviously I am assuming this as I don't know the guy, but clearly this shows that an individual has issues.

PS:
    If I marry a tree, or a bear plushie, is that normal to you? I have no issues with this, but certainly would want the individual tested...
    Last edited by Mister K; 2018-12-29 at 05:49 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

What you or society thinks is irrelevant. All you have are "moral" arguments which aren't really arguments.
    Not at all, I'm arguing the decay that will have a measurable effect on society.

Pretty sure they already presented a few arguments. You sure are a hateful one.

Change the headline to....

Crazy person does stupid shit on a slow news day

I could set up a private ceremony and marry a can of pineapple in 5 min, not sure why anyone would give a shit.